Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all)

3 posters

Go down

A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all) Empty A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all)

Post by Helia Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:53 am

Blood red and deep blues fought for superiority in the evening sky above the jungles of the LightWing territory. Down there it would still be day, the last hours of sun casting colors of burning fires and warm candles all around. Creatures of all sizes and species would be hurrying off home or finishing up their last work, while others were just awakening to welcome the night and their time of activity. Up here, far above the clouds, day and night were holding a fragile balance, stars shyly peering out from the blacks of the night sky and sun and moon saying the tragic goodbye of two lovers that would never be together. In the midst of it all was a slender dragoness, the last rays of sunlight glistening on her scales, while she glided through the dusk her face to the stars, ignorant of the dangers that might attack her from below.

"Isn't it a formidable end of the day?" she asked seemingly no one, stretching her muzzle up into a passing air current and breathing in the fresh air. "It's such a rare sight to have day and night right besides each other. Isn't magical?"
"Oh I am not being dramatic, Seri, you just don't have an eye for the beauty of this world!" She huffed to the voice only she could hear, when a specific cluster of stars caught her eye and made her stop mid air. "Curious!" she exclaimed and tilted her head, examining the cluster of stars. In her mind she made a note to bring one of her many drawing books with her on flights like this, it was a rare opportunity to see this formation so early in the night and she was fairly certain, that it looked different from other times in the day. Maybe a couple of the stars were only visible in the early stages of night and would fade the darker it would get. She certainly had to compare this pattern with the ones she had already recorded back home.

Last edited by Helia on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all) Empty Re: A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all)

Post by Atarijor XVI Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Atarijor XVI found himself flying over the smaller of the two continents of Pyrria, native home of the LightWings and SkyWings. Not that he knew that. The Wyvern needed an herb that he couldn't seem to find on the mainland... Or maybe it was there and he didn't remember. His mind was somewhere between "normal" and captive right now, so he tended to forget some of the things he had learned. Atar hovered and looked down at the land below. Should he start looking at the southern end of the continent first, or the northern end? Perhaps the middle? The Wyvern looked around and saw a dragon in the sky over the jungles. Maybe they would know where he could find the herb he was looking for... provided he could remember exactly what it was he was looking for. Atar began flying over to the dragon.
Atarijor XVI
Atarijor XVI
IceWing Healer
IceWing Healer

Back to top Go down

A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all) Empty Re: A starry night makes for good conversation (Open to all)

Post by Helia Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:37 am

Her three sets of wings gave off slight flapping noises whenever she moved them to stay still in the air, forming the air between them to allow the dragoness a steady flight. Oh, how she loved the feeling of the air between her scales and the powerful gusts of wind. She could fully understand why the SkyWings harnessed this powerful force of nature and why they spent so much time flying. It would be interesting to study the way a SkyWings Powers formed the wind and if their scales reacted differently to the air than other dragon's did. Maybe the SkyWing's scales had a similar reaction to the scales of LightWings when confronted with direct sunlight. If all dragons' scales reacted in a special way to their affinity? Oh, that would be absolultely marvelous! She just had to study that. But where would she find dragons from other tribes, that would let her study all of that?
A small voice perked up beside her and shook her out of her thoughts. "Yes, of course! You're right, Hashal. I should really finish up one thing before starting something else. And aren't these stars magnificent? See, Seri, Hashal agrees with me!" A little bit of smug confidence stained her voice at having shown her oldest sister, that she wasn't the only one finding the stars fascinating, but Seri didn't even seem to mind, instead she pointed out the large dragon flying towards Helia, whom she of course hadn't noticed yet.

A little surprised she turned around to look at the large Dragon, who seemed to be an IceWing judging from size and coloring. IceWings seldom made their way into the LightWing jungles, oh how exciting! Maybe he would let her study his scales! Excitedly the dragoness flew towards him a little bit, so they could meet in the middle.
"You're an IceWing!" she excitedly said instead of a greeting and began flying around the large dragon, taking a good look at his markings and scales, almost getting too close to his wings, before she noticed and took a little more distance. "Say, do your scales react to ice?" she asked while looking at his tail and only slowly coming back up towards his head. "They look like they would feel cold." She mused to herself, when one of her sisters pointedly coughed and made Helia pause. "Oh no, how rude of me! Asking you questions without even introducing myself. I apologize. My name is Helia." She gave him an open smile.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarijor XVI Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:47 am

There were some things Atarijor would probably never overcome. One of those things, was his feeling of inferiority in the presence of dragons. The way this dragon approached him didn't help, either. She got way too close and bombarded him with sentences he suddenly didn't understand at all because his mind reverted back to its captive state. The Wyvern tried to make himself look small as he hovered in place. He avoided looking at the dragoness and wanted back himself into a wall that didn't exist.

Atarijor, no longer a free Wyvern learning how to live a normal life, spoke in the human language instead of the dragon language. "Atarijor doesn't want trouble. Wyvern just trying to complete job for Master."
Atarijor XVI
Atarijor XVI
IceWing Healer
IceWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Helia fixed her starry eyes on the much larger dragon's head, trying really really hard not to sway towards his scales or claws or markings or fangs or....right, stop. She was trying to focus and be civil. She could already feel Kyrith's disapproving glare between her wings. Her older sister had never liked the way Helia seemed to flit about and never was able to stay still and give someone her full attention. But that wasn't true. She always gave things her full attention, sometimes she just needed to move while doing so.
Something seemed very off, though. The larger dragon didn't seem confident or even up to a conversation. Had she misinterpreted his flying towards her? Maybe he had just wanted to pass by and be on his way. No. He didn't look annoyed at her questions or in a hurry, so that couldn't be it. Instead he looked scared, terrified even. Did she say something wrong?

The energetic dragoness was replaying her introduction in her head, when the Wyvern started to speak in those weird, incoherent mumbles the humans used to communicate. Helia cocked her head in confusion. She didn't know any human language, apparently none of her sisters did either, so she pretty much didn't understand a word the large dragon said, but she did recognize one word as being of dragon origin. "Atarijor." She repeated and slightly backed away from him. Her closeness seemed to scare him, even though she was much smaller. "Is that your name?" she carefully asked, trying very hard to sound friendly and inviting, not at all intimidating. She even gave him one of her warmest smiles. She didn't know what was going on with this dragon or why he seemed to be scared of her, but she felt sorry for having frightened him and wanted to right her mistakes. Maybe she could figure out what he wanted after all.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarijor XVI Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:45 pm

"Atarijor". That was familiar. But nothing else the dragon said was. The Wyvern tried very hard to understand what was being said to him, but it wasn't a language he knew. The female backed away a little but it didn't make Atar any less uneasy. He stayed as submissive and small as he could possibly look. He continued to speak in human tongue, for that was the only language he knew. "Wyvern is named Atarijor XVI. Atarijor is looking for Master."
Atarijor XVI
Atarijor XVI
IceWing Healer
IceWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:14 am

It didn't seem to help, that she backed away or tried to seem as friendly as she possibly could, the Wyvern still seemed very anxious.
"Maybe he's just stupid?" One of her sisters asked and Helia sneered at her. She didn't like the condescending tone Kyrith sometimes took with other dragons, especially when it could lead to hurting their feelings. "He's definitely not stupid. He seems very scared, I wish I could understand him." She looked at the dragon in silence for a little bit, trying really hard to understand him.
His name did seem to be Atarijor, but that was everything she could make out. Could she maybe get him to follow her? Maybe he would calm down if she offered him some tea or got him to her house? It would definitely be less threatening than hovering in the air, so why not give it a try?
"I don't understand you." she said slowly, but calmly, then pointed to him "Your name is Atarijor." Slowly she pointed to herself and smiled. "I'm Helia. Would you follow me? Maybe I can help you find what you are looking for?"
She backed away a little further and waved him to follow her with her paw, maybe he would understand.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleam Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:36 pm

Gleam soared above the clouds, going for a nice evening flight. She glanced up every now and then, gazing in wonder at the beautiful sunset. What a beautiful night to be out here, she thought, sighing happily. She loved flying in the evening. It was so beautiful, to see the little settlement and the jungle spread out below her and the starlit sky above. It brought her a wonderful sense of peace, and it was great to have a little alone time.

Tonight, however, as she looked down to admire the view, she caught sight of two dragons. One was slender, with white-ish scales, while the other was darker. Certainly not a SkyWing or LightWing. I wonder what tribe they're from? she wondered. She started gliding towards the two, spreading her wings to their full width to gently drift down. As she reached them, she said, "Good evening."
Gleam
Gleam
LightWing Healer
LightWing Healer

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Atarijor XVI Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:18 pm

"Atarijor" was the only word the Wyvern really understood. The dragon seemed to beckon him; that was easy enough to understand. To him, though, it was just an order, which he began to follow... until another dragon showed up. Atar moved away more and tried yet again to make himself smaller than the two smaller dragons.
Atarijor XVI
Atarijor XVI
IceWing Healer
IceWing Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:58 am

This was a very odd situation she had found herself in. So far she hadn't met a dragon this weird or dare she say...slow of thought? No. There seemed to be a language barrier, but that didn't make him stupid, he was probably very smart, just currently a little bit inhibited. It just made communicating much harder. However she at least seemed to get through to him, that he should follow her. That was a start and the slender dragoness was smiling a little bit to herself.

That was until the other dragon showed up and approached them. Helia huffed a little in frustration. It wasn't the dragoness' fault, but she did just ruin her little bit of progress and Atarijor - she had officially dubbed him as such, even though she didn't know if it as actually his name - seemed to retreat a little further when the dragoness came close.
"Good evening." She answered and lifted a paw slightly, beckoning the other dragoness to stop. "Please don't come much closer, I've noticed, that I'm scaring him, when I come too close."
Helia looked at the IceWing again, her eyes lined with a thoughtful expression, then looking back at the other dragon and noticing her familiar scale pattern. "Oh, another LightWing! It's been a long time since I've seen one of my own kind. I'm Helia!" Her expression lit up quite a bit, even showing a draconic smile.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleam Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:43 am

Gleam stopped as the dragon put her paw up. She nodded after her explanation. "Ah, I apologize."

So she's a LightWing, as well, Gleam thought. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Helia. My name is Gleam." She smiled back at the LightWing. I wonder why she hasn't seen a LightWing in so long? She didn't ask, though - that would have been rude of her, and Gleam was a dragon who strived to be as friendly as she could. Instead, she asked, "Who is this?" and gestured a little to the other dragon with her wing, looking at Helia curiously.
Gleam
Gleam
LightWing Healer
LightWing Healer

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down