Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Festival of ascendants (Open to All) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Festival of ascendants (Open to All) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Festival of ascendants (Open to All)

+12
Astral
Shira
Chogath
Sly
Ragnarock
Aurora
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Phantasmas
Tormaigh
Wake
Orkev
Tenebris
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Festival of ascendants (Open to All) Empty Festival of ascendants (Open to All)

Post by Tenebris Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 pm

The Festival of ascendants, announced by the Archon Tenebris was to be embraced by all Dragons to be welcome within the Ebonwing Isles and Shadow’s Refuge rather than its usual seclusion only for those of Nightwing blood. The Festival traditional emphasises a veneration on the ancestors and those who had come before, yet for these current days the theme was placed upon comradely, community and entertainment to allow Dragons of all Tribes to find merriment and revelry in a time otherwise plagued with death and destruction ever since the Monster scourge bore down upon the world. The Archon found it fitting that a festival such as this what was born to celebrate natural bounty, venerating the fallen, honouring the gods and warding off bad luck was certainly needed not only for Nightwings but to all. So the invitation was just that, for all Dragons should they wish to come to Shadow’s Refugee, for a night of festivity. To this end, custom dictates one would usually wear a mask, Nightwings in particular would wear a bone like helm in the fashion of a skull over their visage to mimic the fallen ancestors they revere.

The Shadow's Refuge was refurbished and revitalised for a ceremonial occasion unlike any it had hosted before even despite the restricted resources the Nightwing Tribe could now muster, the ramparts and battlements of the Citadel and its sister institutes such as the magisterium were decorated and cosmetically made appealing with a cohort of banners and sigils reflecting the dominion of the NightWings pursuits. The bright colours and hues of blue in the form of banners filled the rocky plateau and the most central and prominent position of the Citadel itself. Attendants of the Citadel would flock to the centre of the courtyard, welcoming guests passionately and leading them up the towering stairs to the grand hall where the large draconian influenced decorated doors remained open welcoming all those within.

The large atrium which was the Grand hall was filled with works of Majesty from marble sculptures depicting Dragon imagery to the columns which supported the vast roof which seemed to have etched workings of roses and their thorns spiralling upwards across the pillars to the ever looming ceiling above. An awe-inspiring table of the highest carpentry work was then positioned like a horseshoe around the entire hall, upon it marvels of exotic and culturally favourable foods of fresh kills were displayed for the feast come. With braziers lining the walls of the antechamber which was the Grand Hall a warming humming coo filled the air in the form of a tenor tune sung by several artists which stood below the far end stain glass window which depicted a young Tenebris, his wings brazenly flared open, engrossing the entire bottom half of the stained glass window, while the depiction of the moon was risen above the iconography of Tenebris, heralding him in the Light. It would be a time to celebrate being alive, celebrate the wonders of creation and be one within a join community of all tribes. The air tasted so heavenly due to the fresh food, every delicious thing ready to be shared with friends.

The Archon, Tenebris himself already stood behind the head of the table on the dais what was usually his position for official greetings and ceremonies, waiting for others to arrive and make themselves comfortable, his imposing figure made ever more so by the adorned silver he wore across his horns and a mask decorated to appear as though a skull, with sapphires embedded around the eyes. From the far end of the hall his silhouette bore across the atrium as his eerie sapphire gaze remained dispassionate in their personal scrutiny to examine all who entered. His posture was filled with pride and regal grace as a warm smile spread across his otherwise austere features as he patiently awaited for the hall to be filled, while he did not wear the harness usually needed to restrict Mephala, allowing her to reign free this night, there would be a cushioned gold gelded stool beside his dais meant for her to be on as they welcomed any guests.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Festival of ascendants (Open to All) Empty Re: Festival of ascendants (Open to All)

Post by Orkev Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:02 pm

While going to the festival I decide to bring gifts for the archon and his daughter with a cart that is full of scrolls from a human tomb and a crystal big enough for the little one to teeth on. is wearing a crystal mask that is covering my face but I can still see out of it
Orkev
Orkev

Male Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Festival of ascendants (Open to All) Empty Re: Festival of ascendants (Open to All)

Post by Wake Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Wake slowly, for him, flew up to the isles. The wyvern still wasn't sure about this. He was never comfortable around tribal dragons, mostly because that tended to have a air a superiority around them. Heck, his own father left the Seawings to be with his mom! Today though, the young dragon decided to make a visit to the Tribes for this little festival of there's.

Wake had checked up on what this festival was, and learned that masks were something dragons wore to this thing. As such, he used his illusion making a really simple, blue mask with silvery trim. He was kinda happy he was small right now. Maybe he'd go pretty much unnoticed by the Nightwing Archon.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tormaigh Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Tormaigh flew towards the festival, trying to figure out why he was even going. Tenebris would want to pluck and eat him for all he knew, but this could be fun. The thunderbird landed, wearing a green mask with the Earthwing emblem, and his usual harness and emblem.

Once the large bird landed, he carefully walked up to when the Archon and his daughter sat, giving him a nod of respect as he viewed his scars.

"Hello Tenebris. It has been a long time, hasn't it?"
Tormaigh
Tormaigh
EarthWing Tracker
EarthWing Tracker

Male Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Orkev Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Im just arriving as I see a thunderbird flying into shadow refuge as I carry my cart inside and to the grand hall
Orkev
Orkev

Male Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 pm

At some happen chance Phantasmas had heard of this small festival being held by the tribal dragons and originally had no interest with it. Until hearing they were allowing any dragon to partake in the celebration sparked it and so with some thought slowly flew on over.

When he arrived he made preparations already to make sure his scales were of a different color, now a pale blue, and an illusion of a humble white mask with blue trim after learning of the tradition upon arriving. Along with his silent entry he had Ecil join him, a lanky aged black scaled dragon with a similar mask of his own with reversed coloring, and to make sure his bladed tail had been hidden well with magic. Can't be too careful after all with being at an event like this.

So they mingled easily with the crowd as Phant picked out a familiar wyvern in the midst and nearly froze. Why is wake here? He thought to himself before sharing a quiet word with Ecil and quickly picked out the young dragon to with a low sigh of recognition. "We'll be fine. He isn't expecting us to also be here and your essentially unrecognizable no matter what." Ecil muttered lowly to him back, which caused the elder to chuckle lightly upon realization.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Male Posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:48 am

The King slowly made his way into hall that housed the little gathering Tenebris had put together. Normally, the EarthWing would welcome such a reprieve; in his current state, he didn't see the point of this. Ordinarially, he would take great care to hide the pain his wounds caused, to be a metaphorical pillar on which his people could lean. Now, he didn't care; he let his pain show, let himself limp about as if oblivious to his weakness. Indeed, he looked as though some part of his--his good legs, his will, perhaps even his heart--might give out any moment. He didn't look sickly, mind you, he just looked... defeated.

The twins, Hapax and Hamnet, walked a tail length and a half behind Baldirak. Usually, the Royal Guards were quite talkative... These days, they stayed as quiet as possible while walking around with the King. It was only when he gave them permission to go mingle that they began their lively--if at times annoying--chatter.

Kenina, unsurprisingly, was not with him. Baldirak hadn't seen her since the night she tried to get him to join her quest to kill Astral. He wouldn't have asked her to attend even if he had seen her, however. Her list of priorities consisted of her desire for revenge, and nothing else. Baldirak was tired of trying to make it onto that list... he was tired of everything, really. Moreover, the EarthWing didn't want to attend this party any more than his mate probably would have. But at least one of them had to make an appearance. At least he had plenty of painful ailments to choose from if he decided to leave early.

Unlike the others he observed as he made his way to the table, the EarthWing did not wear a mask. He respected the traditions of the other Tribes, he just lacked the mental energy to be bothered with it. He attempted, at the very least, how ever briefly, to be in a cheerful mood as he approached his NightWing advisor. It barely showed in his expression and was nearly non-existent in his voice. "Tenebris. This is a fine gathering you have put together. I'm sure everyone will have a good time."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Aurora was board. Plain and simple. That's the only reason she flew away from home. No drama or argument with her parents. There just wasn't enough to do in Kryo. Her parents, especially her mom were very strict about what they were allowed to do. The young Nightfury was convinced fun was on the list of banned activities.

She lost track of how long she had been flying for. She had needed many rests and had been attacked by monsters a few times. She didn't sustain any injury though. In fact one day she went looking for monsters just because she got board of flying aimlessly. She'd passed a human settlement awhile back and had been tempted to make a stop but her parents had already brought her to a human place before. She wanted to do something new.

On and on she flew until she spotted a dragon in the distance. She was so surprised by the sighting she slowed herself to a standstill hover. Unlike a few of her siblings this was the first time she had seen another dragon that wasn't a part of her family. According to Andromeda and Jericho they were usually far larger than mom was. It was hard to tell from this distance though. Everything looked tiny from that far away. She quickly started racing towards the dragon to start following it.

Aurora never got too close to be notice though. She wasn't sure how she was going to introduce herself. Like 'Hey another dragon. What a coincidence I'm a dragon too. We should be friends!' She continued to follow the dragon in silence. Eventually though they reached a grand fortress or something. It reminded Aurora of a human castle only different and bigger. Way bigger.

Aurora landed in the courtyard. Her wings were really tired. She still wasn't used to such long flight. Looking around she stared in awe at everything around her. It dwarfed her diminutive size. She was so small even the dragons that were greeting the new arrivals missed her. She'd never seen another dragon before and now here she was looking at tons of them. Walking into the great hall her head swung back and forth marveling at everything. A lot of dragons seemed to be wearing masks for some reason. Looking at the glass stained windows Aurora presumed this a church or something. The depiction of a dragon under a moon made her think it had something to do with the young Fury's mother. Oh hey! There is the dragon from the glass at the table looking all important like. This was definitely a sermon of some sort. But why all the masks? Aurora was actually kinda interested. After finding out her mom actually was a goddess she'd asked her mom a bunch of questions but Aurora could never catch her in the right mood to talk about it. Maybe this was her chance to learn.

It was pretty hard to see anything from down here though. Aurora jumped in the air and with a couple of wing flaps and landed onto the great table. She looked around innocently before sitting on her hunches waiting for something to happen. It would look like she was lost if anyone took note of her the way her head darted different directions. Really she was just having fun watching everything and soaking it all up. This was exactly the kind of adventure she was looking for.
Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Orkev Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:34 am

As I finally arrive in the great hall I look around to see if I can spot the archon and or his daughter but while I was looking I notice a hatchling on the giant table with out a mask so I look around to see if I can find the little ones parents but I don't see them and so I walk over to the hatchling *hello little one what are you doing by your self*
Orkev
Orkev

Male Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnarock Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:43 pm

In recent times it had been harsh for most, especially Ragnarok. He had worked hard to get back into tip top shape and it payed off after a few months and at his old age it was quite remarkable that he was strong, possibly stronger than the other ElderWings and other dragons, and he still had perhaps six hundred years left to live . Neglecting the protection of the Earth King, Ragnarok only did it so he had the appropriate strength to actually protect his liege. Regardless, he was still a Royal Guard, and he still protected the king when the other two guards weren't present but it still didn't atone for his recent absence.

The truth was the Royal Guard had felt he was too weak to actually protect anyone. Since that day he had to think over everything that happened, frustration built up and it turned into sadness, then sadness turned to anger. Ragnarok had lashed out once in the presence of the Earth King. There was of course a good "talking to" and that was when Ragnarok had decided to leave the Imperium, not of anger but rather of regret and to clear his thoughts. For a time he strayed from the settlement to work on himself physically, mentally, and spiritually.

After five months he returned, feeling freed of any past traumas and regrets, he had faced his demons head-on and have come out a better dragon. A few weeks ago Ragnarok returned to his duties not only feeling changed but looking changed as well. Gone was the desperate, hollow, self pittied and despaired dragon and entered was a proud, cleansed and mighty one. Anyone could have seen that he changed for better, and now he could only face the new problems with the best he could.

Landing in the courtyard and making his way to the festivities inside, Ragnarok was simply here to report for his duty. Why the Archon decided to throw some house party was beyond the Royal Guard, he could only guess it was traditional or a celebration for the survivors. Why were they expending resources? He assumed they had more rations than that but still it did bother him somewhat. Everyone had a mask of sorts on but he could make the excuse his face looked like a mask, it was mostly metal so it should be acceptable.

Putting those thoughts to the side, Ragnarok made his way to the Earth Kings side before bowing and greeting both the Archon and his liege, "Greetings to you my king. And Archon."
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Male Posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:03 pm

The Archon stood, basking in the moonlight as it penetrated through the stain glass window behind him, he watched intently with significant interest, it was almost a transcendental feeling what overcame Tenebris as he regarded the esoteric figures what entered the hall, many of whom while he knew of, never truly met in person, so was the apocryphal understanding that many of those present were not of his own Nightwing kin. The pallid featureless mask hid any emotion what the Archon could have present on his visage, but his ethereal eerie sapphire glare would narrow in silent scrutiny as the hall began to be filled. The shrewd enigmatic figure of the Archon remained stalwart as figures entered the hall, examining its grandeur, many of them no doubt never setting foot into the Grand Onyx Citadel of Shadow’s Refuge, his serpentine tail would trail back and forth slowly over the glossy obsidian floor behind him as a means of the only conduit of his anxiety.

The Archon would lower his sinuous neck as a means of acknowledgement and respect towards Orkev as the unique Crystalline Dragon would bring forth the Cart of gifts, “You have our thanks, I welcome you to my home with open arms”, the voice of Tenebris was ever elegant and polite before he spent a brief few moments as his neck craned forth examining the various cryptic scrolls and the Crystal within, raising his claws he’d make a gesture for several of the Citadel’s serving staff to remove the Cart so it could be thoroughly probed over once the festival was over. Once the Slave staff of various races departed into one of the alcoves allotments which joined the grand hall with various other halls and departments of the Citadel, he’d lean forth to his left and whisper something under his breath to Hastur his personal bodyguard and Inquisitor, who would merely nod in reply before casting his gaze into the direction the cart was hefted off to.

Catching briefly a glance of a Wyvern, the Archon would lean forward, however would merely release a soft sigh at the realisation that it was not the figure Atarijor which the Archon found an intriguing specimen to say the very least. It was then that foreboding nature of this festival provided its first figure of perplexing nature, the Thunderbird Tormaigh flew into the open hall and presented himself before Tenebris himself. Tenebris made a note of the Earthwing sigil branded across Tormaigh’s mask, assuming that the Thunderbird was there purely for the delight to cause Tenebris discomfort, “I have to admire your guile and bravery in displaying yourself so boldly here of all places, nonetheless, all are welcome this eve”. Under his concealed visage, Tenebris would grow a snide wolfish smirk before turning to Hastur and giving him a firm nod. Immediately the Inquisitor would depart from the hall, following where the previous servants had left.

Tenebris did not fail to see the massive Earthwings entering into the collosal atrium, his smile still having not faltered from his time with Tormaigh it was not surprising that Baldi and his enterange of his Royal Guard would emerge. Awaiting for them to come before the raised dias and high table, Tenebris would give a graceful bow as the Imperium’s King’s arrival. “My liege. Tis’ certainly a grand pleasure that you have honoured my humble lair with your presence”. As Baldirak commented regarding the gathering, Tenebris would once more look out to the massed figures, many with masks, and several without, he’d then return his attention to Baldirak, “Indeed, it is of the highest prestige that I dare say I am the patron of such a gathering. Now, if you'll excuse me a moment”.

Maneuvering himself around the high table, Tenebris would poise himself in front of the gathering before he’d flare his wings wide open as a means to catch attention. Then closing his eyes, he’d raise his right forepaw to the ceiling, his black ink stained talons outstretched, he’d mutter archaic words under his breath the air sounding him would become almost static, and tendrils of black smoke like vapour would emit from the floor before him. Moments later the ceiling would contort and twist, before there was no ceiling at all. An illusion of the night sky would emerge like an apparition, turning the roof of the Grand Hall into a velvety black sky dotted with stars and the moon itself what provided light, while the rest of the brasiers and torches that illuminated the hall would suddenly dim to become little more than flickering flames. The now artificial light of the illusion of the sky would cast slender unbroken streams of white light down upon all those within the Hall.

Collecting himself as he opened his eyes, Tenebris would lean back onto his hindlegs before speaking in his usual domineering yet regal matter of factly tone “Brothers and Sisters! I welcome you all, we are kin, and this should be a time of celebration. Far too long now have we stood at the threshold of chaos and anarchy brought about by the Scourge of these monsters. An affliction upon our very world, but no. I say we do not stand on the edge of oblivion but at the precipice of a new age, one we define. This night is usually reserved for those of the Nightwing kin, but I believe its meaning now radiates now more than ever within us all, to honour the fallen and our ancestors, and in their name continue to strive forward and ensure their sacrifices have meaning. It that I ask you all to eat and drink your fill, to be merry, to remember those fallen, and to appreciate those among us still alive. Let us be bound in friendships and common purpose. We here all strive for the future of Dragon king”. Tenebris would allow his words to fill the room, before he would fold in his black and silver speckled wings, as he did so, the music would suddenly take on a more rhythmic tone of festivity rather than its previous high tenor tones. He’d return to his place behind the high table alongside Baldirak.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 am

From the Imperium forum to the Festival. How long had it been since the annexation of the three tribes? How long had it been since the rise of monsters that tested the strength, will and morality of dragonkin? How long had he remained in the shadows of the Imperium, or rather the Nightwing Potentiate, ever since a new dragon took upon the throne? To say much has changed would be a gross understatement. A generation ago, this used to be the patriotic Empire that preferred nothing more than to expand and subdue the weak and the rogues. This new movement, at least to him, was a large change. No doubt at first the citizens were disoriented, like chicks shaken in a basket. But slowly he started to see them conform. To accept their new leader. To accept their new way of life. No longer was their a focus of war and expansion, as peace blossomed from the horizon and settled upon the scale to gently balance their views and ideals. But how long was that to last? An exiled Nightwing and self-proclaimed Ebonwing perched atop what was left of the people, blew out the corruption that plagued all of the tribe. But now, they prospered for a future uncertain. Monsters gathered beyond the walls, but it was least of this new order’s problems. Aside from just to survive, he would be curious to know just what are they surviving for. To what direction and what future would Tenebris bring to the Nightwings?

That last question was what made him decide to reappear from the obscurity of the mass. Very quickly he was forgotten, saved for the regular patients who came to him. And his influence and name no longer rung out, as that bell had aged and eroded under the wrath of time. It would be a wonder if Tenebris remembered a forgotten and absconded assassin of the previous reign. Not that Sly had aged much at all, but blood from his claws of shadow had long charred and fallen off and began collecting rust. The light descended in passing of another day, as he adorned his mask. A requirement of sorts. The skull he wore was cleanly spliced in half along the centre, covering only the right most half of his snout. As to whom it belonged to, he would never know. But as change and chaos wrecked the realm of Pyrrhia, he found solace in becoming the unknown.

Sly jumped from building to building. A skill he still valued from time passed to escape the busy plaza and other evening gatherings. His claws’ connection to the stone-like surface was only a whisper to the loud music and chatter below. Bitter cold of the wind pierced into his skull already, as they roared in his ears with how quickly he made his own way to the Cathedral. Having lived for so long in the tribe, he knew the blueprint and structure of the society, including every secret passages, every room of every notable buildings, and every window of the Cathedral in which he could wriggle himself into. A knowledge that should have proved to be valuable, and yet found its place on a shelf gathering dust. He still found use with what he gained, even if it was for mundane tasks.

As soon as the cathedral was within a long leap away, Sly waited for the last guest to enter the grand doors before he would land with a heavy thud on the centre of the courtyard. Jolts danced up his joints of his legs, but the force was well absorbed without shattering a bone. “Beg pardon, sir,” spoke one of the attendances. A willing dragon, or a slave of war? It didn’t catch a whiff of his interest who approached him, even if he could hear the stress in his voice, like he was fighting back an innate fear. “Welcome to the festival. Would you like me to accompany you in?” Sly turned slightly, just enough for his eye to catch the dragon’s. He spoke no word, and still the attendant offered a warm smile. Then his expression slowly descended to a confused and awkward look. Until it finally hit him. His eyes widened and immediately he stepped back. “O-Of course. Enjoy the banquet.” And he quickly stood back in line with the others, eyes looking for more guests.

So some still remember, he thought, slowly making his way up. Flying would have been efficient, but his guts told him the guards wouldn’t appreciate the rudeness of a fellow Nightwing. And he rather not attract attention to himself, out of habit from his training. This was his first time setting foot into the Cathedral after it had been refurbished from what was of the old reign. The stones had a familiar echo on his claws, the spirit of the Nightwing leaders of ages time resounding them from the walls. As if to settle him that no matter how much this building was rebranded, it would never change in spirit.

The attendants pushed open the doors for him. Grand darkness welcomed him. A brief moment of quiet, before a voice boomed from across the atrium. A large black dragon on the dias was already addressing the crowd that stood before him. He was late, if not by a few seconds. Sly quietly merged with the crowd. Several figures, great and small wore familiar faces, if not behind masks of their own. One of them he knew was the current leader of the Imperium and the Earthwings in particular. He tried to make the least sound as he manoeuvred to a hidden corner, not wanting to disturb Tenebris’ speech, before taking in it all in. Perhaps some would erupt in applauding roars, or resound their faith to Tenebris and the future of dragonkin.

Sly rested against the wall in quiet.

He had forgotten that this festival was not just for the Imperium, but all dragons willing to participate. His snout caught the unfamiliar scent of the unclaimed. Ever since the coming of the Imperium, he had familiarised himself with the scent of new allies, including the Earthwings and the Firewings. But certainly there were a few wanderers who made their presence known. What purpose would they have, if not to forfeit their will and serve the Nightwings in slavery in the future? Mayhap they will find succour for their hunger with the food that laid around. Thus far, most of them smelled like leeches.

Sly did not come for food. He did not come to greet old faces. He came to find purpose. If not for him, for the Nightwings outside the cathedral. Thus far, he came knowing only what he already knew. Their world in turmoil and they are to remain united for the one purpose of eradicating them. It was everywhere, not just his tribe. Yet, instead of taking up claws and standing on the front lines, he decided to let them rest and heal those who made it back into the tribe to fight another day. A more quiet life, though just as stressful. Sly huffed a sigh. Those days were over. He fought. And he lost everything in the end, even if the wars were won.

Continuing to muse to himself, he kept an eye on the party from his vantage point. So much had changed… be it for the better or worse would be theirs to decide.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm

The King inclined his head a little when the NightWing bowed. He gave only a nod to Tenebris' words. He was not in a mood to speak beyond the pleasantries of greetings. When Tenebris excused himself to begin his speech, Baldirak's attention swiftly wandered to the rest of the attendants. There was one in particular that stood out, because they had not been present when the Twilight King arrived. On the table sat a Hatchling, a NightWing, judging by the coloring. But it was more than that. Baldirak had seen this one before, not in person, mind you, but through Time. The EarthWing lowered his head down to the table. Looking at this Hatchling, and knowing to whom she belonged, stirred some emotions with Baldirak. Thin whisps of smoke passed through his nostrils as some of those emotions appeared to trigger whatever had happened to him earlier. His eyes changed from pale blue to orange. "...I know your mother, Young One. Perhaps she told you of me," he said with a noticeable twinge of pain in his voice, "I am--I was--her Prophet... until she forsook me." Baldirak raised his tail, the thin, whip-like end lifting to coil around the smaller Astralogy talisman he wore. He removed it from around his neck and placed it at the Hatchling's paws. "This meant something once, a meaning which has been lost to me. But if nothing else, you might at least treasure it for having once belonged to your mother." For a moment, he reached for the white Moonstone around his neck as well... But something stopped him. His tail fell back behind him. After a considerable silence, at the end of which his eyes returned to normal and the smoke that had started to thicken disappaited, Baldirak asked, more as an afterthought than anything else--and quite distantly, "What.. What is your name, Young One?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:17 pm

Wake looked on curiously at all the dragons. He honestly felt a bit uncomfortable around them all. He was a rogue, use to being on his own, or in small groups. Not anything like this. It didn't help that he was puny too. With that in mind, Wake decided to just fly up to a beam that looked like it would support him, and watched from above.

This was much better. He could see almost everyone up here, and he was far enough away to feel comfortable. Wake honestly didn't pay much attention to Tenebris's speech. Was just a bit too much fluff, not enough to the point for him. It was then Wake noticed one of the largest dragons there speaking to a hatchling. He tilted his head and tried to get close enough to hear them.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tormaigh Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Tormaigh just looked confused. Did Tenebris of all dragons just compliment him? The Thunderbird just thought for a moment, warily nodding.

"Well.... Thank you Tenebris. Might I say your generosity is surprising, but welcome." After this he sat and listened to the speech, not really focused on much else.
Tormaigh
Tormaigh
EarthWing Tracker
EarthWing Tracker

Male Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Chogath Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Chogath strode in confidently, his minions on either side of him. He had managed to get Kog out of his metal enhancements, but most of Zix's attire were still there. They had managed to make it look like normal armor, though, thanks in part to a bit of cosmetic work.
There were many here already, he black drake noticed as his black eyes scanned the crowds. He had never really cared for the tribes, but the stories of the Nightwings and their slaves had been somehow ingrained into Chogath's memories. He chuckled quietly at a massive crystal dragon.
Nearly blinds all of us, it's so sparkly, he mused. Then there was the Earthwing King. He was impressive to look at, to be sure, despite the clear fact that he was injured. He seemed oddly beaten down, even with his massive size. He easily dwarfed everyone present, even awing the usually nonchalant Chogath, and Kog for that matter, who was the largest of the three.
Chogath quickly shook the feeling, then spotted who he had come to see, the Nightwing Archon Tenebris. Chogath smiled and checked the bag he had Zix carrying. All the different concoctions were there, neatly in there cases. Surely the Archon would have some use for it.
Chogath decided to wait in line to see him; after all, he had been waiting for a chance like this to forge a relationship with the Nightwings. If he was anything, it was patient. The slaves he could make complacent  and then corrupt into useful minions.... the possibilities abounded. New powers, new ink types, and most of all a force of his own. Something he oculd use to stake his own claim on one of those faraway islands he had heard about.
The Archon then made a rousing speech that made the black drake smile. Others saw the monsters as enemies; it was true they were wildly destructive, but he had a feeling he could harness that for himself, to design a strain of the ink to use upon the monsters. After all, it would likely be easy to corrupt them, though they would undoubtedly resist. So he had a lot of work to do, but first he needed a solid place to camp and defend his projects. A defensible place, like an island.
Seeing his chance as the Archon sat down, he quickly moved in to speak with him. "A pleasure to finally meet you, Archon," he greeted, his voice in its standard negotiating smoothness. "It is an honor that you opened your borders for this. After all, I have been waiting to conduct business wit your tribe for quite some time. I hope you are willingly to discuss this endeavor, if only to set a later date of meeting."
Chogath
Chogath

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:00 am

It was so weird seeing so many dragons in a social gathering. So many dragons that were all far larger than herself. At some point the dramatic one spoke some speech. The meaning behind it was lost on the young Fury though. She wished Andromeda was here to translate for her. Something something monsters, something something dragon king. There was a dragon king? Her dragonic ancestry seemed so foreign to her in this moment. Like she didn't belong. It was awkward. Why hadn't mom talked about any of this stuff?

Aurora panicked when she saw the biggest dragon in the room turn it's attention to her. Aurora lowered her body closer to the ground and fanned out her wings a little in a defensive posture while backing up a little. Not that her tiny frame did anything to increase the distance. He was terrifyingly huge. Her head started darting around looking for an escape route. She got ready to take off and on instinct electricity flared to life bouncing around on her body looking like it was looking for an escape just as she was.

The approaching dragon moved in a gentle fashion though and spoke to her in an equally approachable way which allowed her to calm down a bit. He knew mom! But she had forsaken him? The giant of a dragon then gave her a talisman that looked identical to the necklace that mom wore. He placed it in front of her. He was giving it back? Aurora tilted her head looking back at the dragon a little confused She may not know what was going on very well but she did know her mother. "Mom doesn't often give gifts but when she does they mean a lot." Aurora pushed the talisman towards the dragon. "If you gave it back she'd be really sad." The giant dragon then asked for her name. Aurora gave a dragonic smile. "My name is Aurora. What's yours?" She'd lost all fear of this dragon now and already trusted him.
Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Orkev Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:01 am

after listing to the speech I walk up to tenebris and I ask him a question]"hello tenebris I had a question that I would like to ask if that okay with you"as I waited for him to decide I look around some more looking at the other dragons and some lesser spices tho while looking I spot a small dragon and a bigger dragon giving something to the hatchling.
Orkev
Orkev

Male Capricorn Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnarock Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:46 pm

In the speech Ragnarok had simply noted to himself that... that was the purpose of this festival? To remember the dead and celebrate their survival?! To the Royal Guard it was an outrage! Instead of trying to find a way of defeating these damned creatures they were instead relaxing and... that was it. Or so the old dragon thought, that this entire thing was just that, perhaps the last moment they'd spend together like this. In due time perhaps more of them will die, the survivors, and Ragnarok was doomed to meet his end or so he felt. He sniffed once as he moved to the side and flew upward on a sturdy wall to get a view. That and to get away from the festivities below, he preferred solitude for now at least.

That Archon and his speeches, he supposed the dragon actually showing his face was better than nothing but to his surprise the Earth King was here as well. Granted he already greeted Baldirak, Ragnarok was still surprised that the king had bothered with this party rather than sulk or whatever he does. He noticed the king speaking to a spec of a dragon, a hatchling perhaps? Ragnarok noticed other species as well, like a Thunderbird. Using the term "lesser" was not his taste of tongue, they were as part of the tribe as any dragon.

Scanning the entire area, Ragnarok relaxed his broad shoulders a bit and sat on the wall rather than remain perched. It had been some time since he had seen most dragons like this, actually socialize and getting along, no monsters to worry for the moment, no life in impending danger. The joyous sight made Ragnarok chuckle a bit, to think, before any of these dragons times he almost destroyed this world, no question or hesitation, just obedience to a peer he long forgotten. That time though was long forgotten as well, and that event faded into myth and then had been forgotten in time. So many dead today like back then, this time it wasn't Ragnarok doing the killing.

The Royal Guard took solace in the sight, he was getting old, and these dragons would grow old too should they work together. He huffed, musing at the idea of being an ElderWing.

'Only in their dreams.' Ragnarok mused, perhaps taking the idea of an ElderWing not too bad. For now, he would watch the kings and queen and be ready to lay down down his life for them. His time would come, someday, and he'll meet his brothers and sisters in the other side. He scanned below once more before setting his eyes on the harvest moon, it's orange gaze catching him in a trance of it's size and beauty.
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Male Posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:24 pm

As the Archon approached his previous position upon the dias, a smug expression was across his features, however due to the mutilated disfiguring scar upon his maw the smirk would contort and twist into more of a wolfish sadistic sneer across his visage yet he was slightly caught off guard and unawares when he found that Baldirak had departed from the high table of the Festival, his smugness faltered slightly as he looked for the Earthwing King, face converting into that of a grimace while his shrewd glare narrowed as he turned to examine the Grand Hall once more. It was then that he saw the great green drake leisurely moving towards a figure amongst the crowd, and realisation suddenly dawned on Tenebris as he noticed the object of Baldiraks desire and pursuit. The Archon faltered briefly as he craned his neck forward as he observed the young Nightfury which was now in deliberation with Baldirak. Not only were Nightfury’s a rare breed, only one family of the Draconian line carried such features, those of Astral’s kin. Tenebris had to suppress an emotional reaction of both glee and horror at this turn of events, he remembered when the God of Chaos presented a unfathomable intricate mirror which showed the visages of Astral's half breed children. He solemnly began to approach, his movements delicate and fluid as his attention was directly focused upon both the Nightfury and the great Green.

Manoeuvring slowly through the mass of other Dragons, the Archon attempted not to bring attention to himself as he stalked towards the centre of his interest, his neck craned forward and straining to listen to the conversation all the while above the chaos of the festivities. Intently watching, Tenebris despite being able to fully hear the two conversing in full saw the actions of Baldirak as he produced his Amulet of Astralogy and placed it within the hatchlings talons. Tenebris wanted to halt the two of them immediately, but he knew to draw attention now would be to incite anarchy at the festival, many of those here were disillusioned by Astral’s absence from her duties, and her child here could bring about a riot if those tensions were brought to line with an object to release such frustrations, that object being the young hatchling. Tenebris cursed under his breath, he knew that he could turn his advantage, if he proceeded with delicacy it could bring forward months of planning, but the naivety of Baldirak threatened just that, should others pay enough attention and know what was transpiring while Baldirak so openly declaring the young hatchlings identity with his actions Tenebris could easily lose a perfect opportunity.

Tenebris attempted to reign in both his excitement and frustration as emotions flooded him, being able to maintain a neutral expression despite the conclusion of a long threshold what had presented itself now before his eyes. He wanted to chastise the Earthwing King for his lack of subtlety, yet that same naivety and general goodness in Baldirak was a concept what deeply radiated within the Archon, such machinations of Tenebris in the future would involve Baldirak and even though there was a certain degree of rage what Tenebris had to subdue in regarding the Imperium’s Monarch, there was a conflict of those same emotions as even the Archon knew that deep within himself there was a longing, an envy of Baldirak, someone who had a general innocence about him and goodness with such respect, something that Tenebris long had to sacrifice for his own purpose in achieving the greater good forsaking many of his original morals, to that end the Archon had a begrudgingly deep respect for the King, even now as unwittingly might cause a scene what could falter many of Tenebris’s machinations.

Tenebris was near his approach towards the two, desiring nothing more that to end such a scene before it drew too much attention, it was then that his attention snapped towards a figure who addressed him. Tenebris regarded Chogath before him in silent scrutiny through his empyrean stare as he had to internally fight back his desire of wanting to turn his head to once more focus upon Baldirak and Aurora. Collecting himself with a drawn out inhale, the Archon bowed his head in turn out of acknowledgement as he made an attempt to regulate himself to a more graceful and regal posture. “The honour is mine, friend”, Tenebris spoke evenly in his usual well cultured tone. “Business, now that is certainly a dynamic which those of our glorious potentate enterprise from, and of course, we are always willing to deliberate in regards to such matters, perhaps, if you would be willing once this festival concludes we could discuss terms, and give you an incentive perhaps through viewing our stock. And forgive me of course, formalities, what is your name so that we can continue this discussion?”.

The Archon swallowed hard, he usually would discuss at great length the intricacies of the Nightwing's productivity in regards to an advantageous trade in their slave market, yet Tenebris wanted the line of conversation to end as quickly as possible so he could return to the more pressing situation, it was then that another voice spoke up approaching him. He briefly turned his head to face the same Dragon which had presented the cart of gifts to himself and the royal family of his own line. “You will have to forgive me my friend, if you await but a moment, you will have my fullest attention”, Tenebris then anxiously rose his right forepaw as his talons traced over the silver rings adorning his horned crest, he hoped that this would be the end of this intentness to catch his attention for at least the time being so that he could return his diligence to Baldirak and Aurora.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:18 pm

The Hatchling seemed to think the talisman had been given to the EarthWing. It had been the other way around, in fact. Of course, Baldirak didn't really expect her to have known that. He shook his head. "It was my gift to her, actually. I crafted it with my one claws from a lunar rock, just another way to show my belief... I gave it to her when we met. At the time, I didn't know it was her.. She was merely a Hatchling of a different name that had just lost her mother." The EarthWing fell silent as he recalled the day. When his mind returned to the present world, he continued on, "..I don't think she'll be much sadden by its loss. You may have it, Young One." As Baldirak used a claw to push the talisman back toward the Hatchling, she gave her name. "Aurora. I'm Baldirak Sa-- Baldirak Che'le. It's nice to meet you, Aurora." The King let out a sigh. He couldn't help being a little... happy, to be talking with the Hatchling. It brought out his kinder nature, a side of himself he lost touch with in all the chaos of the new world. Slowly, so as not to appear more intimidating or threatening than he probably already did, he coiled the thinest part of his tail around Aurora and lifted her up to his snout, placing her atop it. His pale eyes seemed a bit more lively than before as they moved to look at Aurora. In the back of his mind, however, it dawned on him that she was part human. That in accepting her, he was, in a way, accepting humans. At the moment, his fatherly nature overrode the realization. "Why are you here alone, Aurora?" Baldirak asked as he made his way to a less occupied space in the Great Hall.

Hapax and Hamnet were quite fascinated by Tenebris' speech. But then, they found everyone's speeches fascinating. When it was over, they set to mingling--something they enjoyed and made everyone else dread. After irritating a few individuals to the point of making them leave, Hapax and Hamnet made their way to the food. While Hamnet helped himself, Hapax looked around. He just happened to look up, perhaps wondering if the ceiling looked as grand as the rest of the place. He was disappointed, to say the least--simple exposed rafters. But he saw something curious there: a masked dragon perched on the rafters, looking down at everything. "Hello, up there!"

Hamnet, in mid-munch, looked at his twin, then at the rafters. "What's that? Who are you yelling at?"

Hapax looked down at his brother. "That fellow up there. Sorta wyvern shaped, see?"

Hamnet looked back up. "Oh yeah. Hello!"

The twins started their usual brand of speech, beginning with Hapax: "Why are you--"

"--Up there? You should come--"

"Down here! Yes, come mingle we--"

"--Won't bite. We're quite--"

"--Friendly, actually. Just ask the--"

"--King! I'm Hamnet, by the way and he's--"

"--Hapax. We'd love--"

"To chat with you!" the twins finished in unison.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shira Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:35 pm

The obsidian dragoness padded slowly through the crowded festival, being sure not to brush against anyone. Though she despised being within the company of most that were near her, she tolerated it knowing that the Archon had invited them in an attempt to ease the trouble within the land. It was a wise move on his part, keeping his allies close and his enemies closer, but the thought caused a shudder to rock her body followed by a sharp snort.

Pushing the thoughts aside and sliding past a pair of rogues, a draconic smile forming on her muzzle as she anticipated the excitement from the Archon himself at what she had recently found. She had been told to report anything she had found to her superiors but she felt that this was something Tenebris would like to hear for himself. Shira knew the risks of speaking with the Archon out of turn but the urge to impress him ate at her gullet. The worst that could happen is he would demote her back down the ranks of the trackers but she felt that this called for a rise within the ranks. Her head rose with an arch at that thought, causing her tail to sway in satisfaction.

Once she neared the drake, she slowed her approach as she observed the two around him. Both large drakes, one rather intricate in design with a notable Nightwing darkness and the other was a very large, crystal covered Earthwing. But something was off about Tenebris, he wasn’t truly interested in the interaction. With a tilt of her head, she followed the slight gaze he cast before her eyes befell the Earthwing King as he spoke to a hatchling.

After a moment of observing the situation she decided to draw back a bit and disappear within the crowd, keeping an eye on the Archon as she awaited her turn to share her discovery with him.
Shira
Shira
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:05 am

Wake listened carefully as he tried to connect the dots. Who was this hatchling? What was the Earthwing King giving her. It looked familiar, but Wake wasn't sure. Then a pair of voices came to his ears. He turned to see a pair of near identical dragon. The wyvern honestly got confused trying to keep track of what they were saying, but quickly jumped off the rafter. Even though he jumped down, Wake stayed quiet at the moment.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:52 pm

More speeches, some flair from magic, long live the dragon tribes, pretty much what Phant expected from seeing and hearing what the Archon had to say. A lot of fluff, just like the NightWings do, but to get this close to a tribe after so long isolated. Though it's the NightWings, which makes sense, but always tricky they are and not the good kind either.

Especially when the Archon seemed to be heading somewhere and being stopped by two...interesting dragons. Looking to see where he had been going he finally spotted a large Earthwing talking with a hatchling, huh, weir-wait, a slight flicker of recognition flashed in his eyes. That EarthWing again, he met him before once, mostly for a short chat a long time ago under a different guise of course, huh, small world.

His compatriot, black-scaled, elder, Rouge meanwhile had notice Wake drop from the rafters next to twin EarthWings, which caused him to raise a brow before noticing a slender, obsidian NightWing slowly pad over to the Archon. Only to take a moment by observing something and draw back into the crowd, very curious indeed. He only mentally noted this event and proceeded to not notice the passing event, in NightWing tribe culture, every action had a motive and he'd rather not draw such attention to himself, especially to Phant. Getting caught in between political intrigue of the tribes is never good, especially NightWing political intrigue.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Male Posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:51 pm

Aurora was really confused. How could he have met her as a hatchling. Wasn't mom like, really old? Was this dragon really old? Was he a god too? First she finds out her mom is a no joke full blown goddess and now this? The world was a lot more interesting than she thought it was.

Aurora watched as the large dragon curled the end of his tail around her and picked her up. She wasn't bothered in the least. He set her down upon his snout. She trusted this dragon. If it were anyone else though things would have gone very differently. The big green dragon began moving and asked her a question. Her head slowly looked down at the ground from each side of his snout almost as if trying to comprehend how she moving. This whole adventure was still so crazy. It was exactly what she had been looking for. The question he asked was not one she wanted to answer though. She gave her the best innocent hatching look she could and replied."I was out exploring and I found this place. It's awesome and everything is so big. Even the dragons. I think you're the biggest."
Aurora
Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next