Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Silvynath the rogue  Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Silvynath the rogue  Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Silvynath the rogue

2 posters

Go down

Silvynath the rogue  Empty Silvynath the rogue

Post by Soliana Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Silvynath the dragon

Silvynath the rogue  Silvynath_the_sky_sea_wing_by_empressaki-dc0ipgo

Type of Character: (Dragon)
Personal Info
Name: Silvynath
Alias: 'Mud'
Age: Adult (what dragon count how old they are?) But if she needs to have an age, maybe around 250-300 years
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality:
Generally Silvynath seem to have a rather neutral personality, but she actually carries strong confidence and calm everywhere she goes. Alternately is that her mood is reflected by those in her environment. She can become playful by observing other creatures, or if a dragon would approach her as a threat, she would mirror the behaviour if the opposer would be of moderate size. She has respect for creatures much bigger than her.
If her own personality were to naturally gleam through, one would be met by a rather uninterested female that tend to keep to herself. But maybe some new encounters with friendly creatures can uncover some other parts of her personality, yet to be acknowledged.

-Silvynath absolutely loves the thrill of speed, if it is so by running, swimming or flying. She also seem to have the habit of taunting other creatures or dragons that could potentially chase her, making the taste of speed better.
-She also loves to build things out of rocks and mud, and to explore in areas not normally intended for her kind, as long as there is water around, she can manage.
-Another majority of her time she seem to love playing in mud and sleeping in it.
-Silvynath seem to enjoy being in the presence of strong mature males, and seemingly becomes very playful around them.

Dislikes:
-Silvynath does not like the presence of other adult females, unless they prove harmless or more docile. (This does not mean she can't make friends of course)
-She greatly despises the human race, and would not think twice about chasing them off to make sure they keep their distance and respect to dragons, but she keeps her respect to them as well by not killing them, unless they ask for it.
-She has little tolerance to being disturbed when she is in the middle of a process, even if she is not supposedly 'doing' anything.

Fears:
-She fears strong and unpredictable creatures and dragons.
-She fears losing her freedom in terms of her wings, or the ability to swim or walk/run, or her will not being her own.
-She is traumatised and ocassionally suffers from paranoia that something is suddenly about to hunt her. Through or after an episode like it, she gets skittish and tends to dread facing other creatures that could be a threat to her, even small ones.

Strengths:
-Silvynath has come to learn to thrive near smaller sources of water, like creaks or mudpuddles. She can hide in plain sight using mud, reeds and dirt.  
-Having earned the alias 'mud', comes from her habit of exploring new areas that does not naturally inhabit alot of water. To adapt with this, she re-constructs the nature manually to fit her need. Creaks suddenly gets small ponds and shallow puddles might become a decent pool where she can rejuvinate her skin.
In short, she has a way of problem solving, and does so effectively.    
Combat strength:
-Thanks to being covered in mud, it acts as a bit of armor, but is mostly effective to temporarily countering the elements she is weak to. Its usefullness is also determind by how much she is covered and how much effort has been put into it.
-While coated in fresh mud, fire, light and wind has little impact with breath attacks.
-Hardened mud is extra resilient to fire, light and wind.

Weaknesses:
-Like many marine animals, Silvynath's skin needs to be moisturised from time to time. The condition of her skin impacts how effective she can be in combat, as her body is her resource for her 'firepower'. If she is exposed too long to heat or cold then her body will secrete a moisturising liquid to up-keep her flexibility, but instead loses ammunition for ranged attacks.

Combat weakness:
-Silvynaths biggest weakness is her wings, as they are least effective to coat with mud, especially if she needs to fly which tend to leave them exposed, but as she knows of it she would tend to use them as little as possible and keep a low profile.
-In order to overcome her muddy armor, fresh mud can easily be washed off with water, or it can be frozen with ice, but then it would also coat her with an even tougher lasting substance. Best hope to aim for her feet and legs to counter her movement.
-Hardened mud is actually rather brittle, and is weak to close combat and direct hits or blasts that can expose her soft hide underneath.
-The less covered and the less layers her mud has, the more vulnerable she is.

General Appearance
Size:
-33ft tall (10m tall)
-76ft long (23m long)
-wingspan 49ft (15m)

Scales:
The scales remind that of a common fish, reinforced yet sleek. They are of dark viridian that fades over to a darker hue along the top of her body, creating a discreet rippled pattern as if she was striped. Her underbelly and snout is decored with a more brighter hue, and frills, and spikes carrying an empowered dark red.
Eyes:
black eyes and a blue iris with a black slitted pupil.

Appearance:
(Image has been custom designed to uphold the appearance of the dragon)
Tribe Information and Status

Tribe: Rogue

Inheritance:
Skywing-Seawing 50/50
Flight speed 85mph, Swim speed 50mph

Family: Unknown
Mate: N/A
Hatchlings: N/A

Skills and Abilities
Special Abilities:
Tail shock: Silvynaths tail is loaded with glands that holds a few charges of electricity that she can use at her disposal, both offensive as defensive.
Creatures of matching size, are not necessarily hurt by the blow of the tail, but it can cause disruptions in the muscles and certainly throw an opponent off their feet. Smaller creatures, like humans are definately hurt by this blast, as well as those weak to electricity.

Combat Style:
Silvynath is primarily a ranged fighter, armed to scold with hot liquid bombs at her enemy, and primarily aims at eyes and wings to as quickly as possible gain advantage. (She fires them seemingly like a chameleon would, with a giant muscle)
Silvynath holsters spheres with a shell of thick mucus in a sac in her chest, within them loaded with hot steaming saliva. She would fire them and they would explode like eggs upon her target, splashing hot and thick saliva that is much harder to get off than just water. Each blast would make certain to leave a burn.
Combat disadvantage: Slow firing rate and low ammo capacity.

Close combat:
Silvynath would take any opportunity to swat with her tail at the opponents eyes,
or legs to give herself an opening to attack with teeth and claws.

Background
History: For many centuries were Silvynath an important asset to her tribe. She offered her everything and more for the future of their well-being. Her experience and problem solving nature, offered great growth amongst her kin, and the leading male and female of the tribe acknowledged her great gifts and work. Supposedly she was to be given the rank of liutenant, but a fellow tribes-dragon, had a different agenda, with Silvynath as an obstacle. With some effort, a toxic rumour came to fruition, putting Silvynath on the brink of death from continuous conflicts from her kin-tribe. In the end. She left.
The following decades had her contemplate her new place in the world. Carrying questions of all kinds of if she could have done something different. With time, she has come to accept her new life.  

RP Sample:
Silvynath had discovered a lonesome puddle of water on an open field, a delight as she was exploring this side of the forest. She glides gracefully to ascend in a gentle angle, touching ground at the far end of the puddle. Her weight forces mud to press through the middle of her toes, but it is a blissfull feeling to Silvynath, as it's tickling and massaging at her feet. With gentle steps she approaches the water that have collected after a night of rain. The surface reflecting the grey cloudy sky. The mud together with water, makes a very slippery substance, and Silvynath's foothold is compromised, shooting her legs away from her body so she falls chest first into the slushy substance. She bursts out laughing from the slight shock of losing her foot-hold, the laughing countering the effect of the shock.
She heaves her body to the side, and the brown water sticks to her body and re-colors her dark viridian hide into a bright brown. She heaves her body opposite way to make sure more of her skin gets the same treatment. She can't hold back anymore though, her heart filled with glee from sensation of playing in something so simple. She starts rolling through it, combined with sweeping and smacking at the water with head and feet so water splashes everywhere.  
As she has forgotten time and space, have a stranger stood in wait at the edge of the forest in the shadows. She had also forgot, safety.

Last edited by Soliana on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Soliana

Back to top Go down

Silvynath the rogue  Empty Re: Silvynath the rogue

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Mud HP - 10 Can you explain what this means? If you mean that your mud armor adds 10 HP... well we don't use HP here, so just remove that bit.  Also, using mud as armor would make more sense if your character had EarthWing heritage, as mud is related to the earth. However, if you wanted to have this without EarthWing heritage, especially using it to make yourself resistant to fire, wind, and light based attacks, you could make this your special ability instead of the Tail Shock. However, with you being only half SkyWing, it wouldn't be as resistant to wind. And yes, an actual age for your character would be helpful for others. As for your character image, I can put that in for you if you want. Let me know when you've finished editing and if you have any questions.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Soliana Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:16 am

The mud HP to me would be how much is covering her or not to expose herself and to be more or less vulnerable in certain areas of the body.
From what I understood from having inheritance of an EarthWing, is the ability to manipulate earth and if I recall, rejuvinating powers, however, I want to argue that nature, will be nature, even if one kind of dragon has the ability to use it in a very exclusive way, does not mean others will not find a use for it by it's own.

Yes, it would make sense if she was an EarthWing, but does it not also make sense that any dragon can use physics and chemistry already existing in the world to add to their arsenal?
In its sense, I am not saying that her mud armor is easily obtained. And it is more inferior, because it is not her inheritence, but survival demands she puts in the effort, which I would find interesting.

And I can understand your reasoning for the mud armor to be her 'special' ability, but I am not sure if it's my literal mind that wants to say that: ''Using your brain is not a special ability''. Arguable of course.
However her tail shock is, as it is the only thing she came to inherit from the SkyWing side, but I might have missed that you can only inherit one thing from a parent. Altough if she could inherit one thing from each, I tried to make sure that one of them was inferior. I can be ok with letting it go though.

And also maybe a pointer to where I can look up further on elemental strengths/weaknesses.

Also yes please I would love some help to implement the image.

Soliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Well, I suppose if she is only using mud to cover herself, it's okay. Now above you mention that the hardened mud is actually rather brittle, so I'm not sure how it would be extra resilient to wind, light, and fire, especially the latter. As for the Mud HP, it would be simpler to say what areas of her body are and aren't covered when she covers herself with mud. Like I said, we don't use HP here and that's what I think of when I see Mud HP.

Actually, hybrids can inherit one ability from each species that makes it up.

As for elemental strengths and weaknesses, there isn't really a topic about it. It's more.. common sense, like fire would be weak to ice and vice versa. But I can certainly make a list and post it up.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Soliana Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:32 am

*Takes on my science goggles and grey moustache*
For what logic I try to wrap my head around when hardened mud is more resilient, try imagine it like this. (Also it depends if an attacker is using 'blast' attacks or simple 'blow' attacks, bear with me though)
I don't know if you've ever felt mud on your skin as I have, but try imagine your chest partially covered with a wet or dry t-shirt.
Then take a hair dryer (let's say it represents a dragons firey/icey breath, I have a dryer that can do both warm and cold hence being used for this description) and blow on your chest area and see which you would feel most. Naturally, you would feel more from the wet shirt as water absorbs temperature and shares it with other water particles, while air simply reacts on it on its own.
(This is why you use cloth mittens when you take something out of the oven, cus cloth creates enough space for air).
This is how the dried mud would be more resilient to fire, cold, wind and light, as it works like a jacket would for us.

But the difference is if an attack is a direct 'impact' or not, cus that would be simply to tear into her jacket.

I am not sure if I got anything to come across, it was quite alot to write and think about and try explain, so I am kinda lost in it all. All of this is merely speculation, there is no certainty it will be what actually happens when things go down.

Soliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm well aware of the difference, but it depends on the thickness of the mud. Anyway, if you could just remove the Mud HP and replace it with what you said above about how much of the mud is or isn't covering her body, that would be good. Also, would you like your username changed to your character's name?
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Soliana Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 am

Alright, I will do that.

And no thank you, cus I reckon if I make more characters then a name change wouldn't matter. Thanks for the offer though. Smile I will make sure to say if I do change my mind.

Soliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Soliana Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 am

Tried to edit it best I could in my opinion, but if there is something that is still unclear, then you have my permission to adjust the description. Smile
I might have looked at it too much so I've become blind to it.

Soliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 pm

I just noticed your flight and swim speed. They're a bit high for you being a hybrid. I suggest a swim speed of 50mph and a flight speed of 80-90.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Soliana Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:56 am

Alright. I adjusted that. Smile

Soliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:59 am

Awesome. Smile

Approved

Now would you like your username changed to your character's name?
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down