Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium)

+4
Tyrannos
Shiera
Tormaigh
Dynamic Oreo
8 posters

Go down

Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium) Empty Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium)

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Baldirak sat in the throne room of the palace, waiting for everyone to file in and sit. Kenina was--Baldirak looked to his right, where his mate should have been. His FireWing Queen was taking her time or else preoccupied. His pale gaze drifted back to the ever-growing crowd of ranks and citizens alike. Today the Imperium King and Queen were holding a meeting for the whole of the blended tribe. They would go over any recent happenings and new laws, then allow questions to be asked. Baldirak smiled lightly at his nephew, who took his post at the entrance to the throne room. He was proud of how far Vilkas had come. Hapax and Hamnet, not to be forgotten, made sure their King knew they were right behind him. How? Well, a good poke to his side ought to do it, or better yet, they could "whisper" among themselves.

Ignoring the thorns in side--Ahem. I mean his Royal Guards--Baldirak scanned the gathered again. When he was satisfied that everyone--as many as could fit inside the room, anyway--was present, he called for silence letting a growl erupt from his maw. The sound resonated off the rock walls and ceiling and seemed louder than it was. Everyone was made aware of it, their chatter ceased; their eyes found their King. Baldirak was glad for the acoustics of the throne room. He had a bit of a cold from having sat three days and nights straight in the rain. Why? Because each month he spent three days fasting and praying to Kelarth and Kayin. He spent the nights praying to Astral. And this month, it just happened to rain the entire time... Don't ever doubt Baldirak's devotion.

Yes, it was probably not the best day for Baldirak to hold this meeting, but he couldn't stand the thought of laying in his den all day. So he cleared his throat a little then began to speak, glad he didn't have to raise his voice. "Welcome all and good morning. The Queen and I have called you here to share with you the progress that has been made since the merge. To inform you--and any who have only just joined us--of new laws. Finally, to allow you the opportunity to ask us any questions you have." The King paused to let that sink in and to take a few breaths. His mate may not have been beside him but Baldirak felt quite warm. "Why don't we begin with the questions?" He decided to start with that to give Kenina a little more time to get here.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium) Empty Re: Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium)

Post by Tenebris Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:55 am

Tenebris took the opportunity to arrive later than expected, the Archon and his entourage entered gracefully into the large Atrium which served as the throne room for the Imperium, his steps were ever regal, moving with a sense of pride and purpose. Tenebris's posture was ever one with his head held high, despite his small stature compared not only to some of his own within the Nightwings but compared to the Firewings and Earthwings present he showed little fail nor falter, ever confident with a atmosphere of domineering authority while ever being flanked by his retainers and guards. One of his retinue stood forth briefly to address Baldirak "Your Majesty, his Grace, Archon Tenebris of the Nightwings", Tenebris had informed the young Nightwing court announcer for this meeting to not go into all of his honouary and formal titles, and remain with merely his formal title of being addressed as your grace and his rank as ruler of the Nightwings.

Choosing to wear his formal courtly attire rather than his ceremonial armour, the Black Wyrm was clad in silver bangles and rings, adorning his forearms, claws and horns. His visage was ever stalwart and apathetic, refusing to show any sign of emotion to which others would be able to read. Gesturing with a mere incline of his head for his retinue to join the rest of the files of Dragons, Tenebris himself made his way to Baldirak, his tail tailing behind him swaying side to side across the ground in a serpentine like manner. Bowing his head in mutual respect and acknowledgement "Your illustrious Majesty, a pleasure as always", Tenebris spoke in his usual hoarse yet well cultured tone and while his back was turned to the mass of other Dragons while facing Baldirak he managed a sly sadistic wolfish sneer before taking a position to the left of the King. Before he then turned his eerie sapphire glare to the assembled Dragons, examining them all in silent scrutiny.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium) Empty Re: Questions for the Monarchs (Open/Twilight Imperium)

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:09 am

Baldirak had expected Tenebris and his entourage to make an appearance at the meeting. And right on time--if he was supposed to come late--the NightWing leader entered the throne room. For some reason he had his announcer introduce him to the King and everyone gathered, as if no one had a clue who this Dragon was. If he weren't sick, Baldirak would have been annoyed by it. Instead he merely acknowledged Tenebris with a nod. When the NightWing moved to his left, the King made a point of moving away a little. He wouldn't want a Dragon so regal to catch a cold... "Tenbris. Is it absolutely necessary to have yourself announced whenever you find yourself in my presence? I'm well aware of who you are and your rank among the NightWings. I'm sure everyone else does as well by now." Despite his earlier concern about spreading his cold to the NightWing leader, Baldirak lowered his head to the smaller Dragon's eye level. "And you may wish to work on your expressions. One may mistake your... smile, a warm and friendly expression, for something more sinister. You wouldn't want me to think you were thinking something ill of me, would you, Tenebris?" Baldirak whispered. He lifted his head and turned his attention back to the crowd, waiting for the first question.

Now that he was thinking about it, Vilkas did have a question for his uncle. But he decided to wait until later, since for now he was to keep a watchful eye on everyone.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Oreo Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:22 pm

It had been maybe a few days since Oreo had arrived at the capitol. Already he wasn't sure exactly who he should be guarding. Upon his arrival he had found an EarthWing and had asked him if he knew someone who would know who he was supposed to be with. The dragon said that he knew, and had said it was Baldirak, the EarthWing King and King of the Twilight Imperium. After more searching, Oreo had eventually found out where his majesty was, and introduced himself. The King had insisted that he should go and guard Kenina, Queen of the FireWings and the Twilight Imperium. It was reasonable, he wanted to protect his mate over himself. In that heartbeat the dragon had thought of Alistair, but he shook it off just as it came. Even if it hurt, he couldn't be thinking about others while guarding.

No one could give him directions to the Queen, so, against the EarthWing's will, Oreo stayed with the King. Today he was doing a meeting of some sort with all of their citizens, or at least the ones that would show up. Hopefully the Queen would come, and from there he would be able to follow her. The Royal Guard sat slightly behind the larger dragon, in between where he was sitting and where the spot for the queen was. His gold-colored armor was on, not for looks, but for his protection. It was most likely unnecessary for this setting, but no one could be so sure.

Back in the NightWing territory, the guards were taught to be disciplined. If anyone dreamed to become a Royal Guard they'd have to be quiet and practically melt into the background when guarding. It seemed that the EarthWings had lower standards. Oreo's ears were flat, a scowl fighting with his neutral face. He had to focus to keep his tail from sweeping along the ground, or from 'accidently' smacking the two other guards. They kept whispering to one another, not only distracting himself but there was no way that they could be on guard like that. It seemed like Baldirak really did need him.

It shouldn't have surprised the guard when Tenebris, leader of the NightWings, came in. There were other NightWings in the crowd, but for some reason seeing the other dragon here had surprised him. Oreo turned his head as the two talked, watching for anything that could be harmful to the King, or at least the one he was guarding. It was strange, in other circumstances he'd be guarding Tenebris, not Baldirak. If Tenebris was foolish enough to try and attack the EarthWing, would he attack him? In his mind, he knew the answer, but attacking another NightWing seemed wrong. But, when he was guarding Oculus he would have taken on the whole tribe to defend the leader. The difference here was, that he'd be defending an EarthWing from his own tribe.

Oreo hoped it wouldn't come to that, at least not today. The tribes were joined together as one; the Twilight Imperium. It would be stupid to attack another leader, especially at a gather like this. It would call for war, and from then it would be two against one. No matter how you looked at it, the outcome was bad for someone. That's how it was with everything. Their little talk had ended, not on a good note but it was good enough. Oreo took back to watching the crowd, staying still enough to be taken as a statue.
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

http://dragonsrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:09 am

Tenebris turned to Baldirak as he spoke, and couldn't help but give a scoff of disdain and scorn. "Ones announcement is customary and tradition at Court. Forgive me Baldirak, as although I know you know who I am, many of those here within this hall may not. Due to my administrative duties I cannot go gallivanting on leisurely long flights to meet all of our kin", Tenebris made a point to address his majesty as Baldirak in return for merely being referred to as Tenebris instead of his titles. To Tenebris such was permitted in private and personal talks yet in court it was pure disrespect in the eyes of the Archon.

When Baldirak lowered himself to Tenebris' level, the Archon remained ever stoic, never faltering nor failing in his posture in the slightest. Inside however as the King began to speak in reference of Tenebris's smile, he had to fight back a sly remark in reprise yet merely shook his head. There was nothing to gain in further antagonising one another other than to show disunity in the Imperium to those also present. Tenebris then to regard the masses awaiting for the first to speak.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tormaigh Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:24 am

Tormaigh finally flew into large meeting area. It wasn't often that he came to the Capital, let alone the palace, so he decided to come. Plus, the thunderbird could meet Baldirak and Kenina, quite an honor in his mind.

Tormaigh finally saw Baldirak and Tenebris. He thought it was odd to see the two near each other, especially with the size difference. He still couldn't believe that the tribes had allied, but he didn't really care.

The bird finally got close to the leader, well as close as he was allowed. "Your Highness, your... I must admit, I don't know how to refer to you," he said, addressing Baldirak and Tenebris respectively. "I was just hoping to ask about the state of other non-dragon citizens in the Imperium? As a thunderbird myself, I hope you can understand my concern."
Tormaigh
Tormaigh
EarthWing Tracker
EarthWing Tracker

Male Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Tenebris rose slightly at the appearance of the Thunderbird, his muscles tensing as his gaze began furiously searching those near the Thunderbird for those who it was with. The Thunderbird had spoken so brazenly and boldly asked a question of its own volition, this caused the Archon to briefly look up to Baldirak with an expression of almost confusion as his visage contorts into a grimace. Snapping his head back to the Thunderbird he'd stride forward slightly, each powerful step evident of his purpose. "Thunderbird, who is your master here?", his voice began as usual as soft and well cultured, yet there was a hint of irritation as he finished off his sentence. The only reasonable explanation here to at least Tenebris was that the lesser species spoke out of turn without its master permission, or perhaps didn't fully understand the Draconic tongue while referring to itself as a citizen.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tormaigh Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Tormaigh grit hit beak as he heard Tenebris ask him where his master was. He wasn't some slave to a dragon, few if any thunderbirds were. So why would this Nightwing think he was a slave. This dislike of the comment wasn't hidden from the bird's face either, but he kept his composure. He didn't answer to Tenebris anyway. He'd listen to Baldirak or Kenina, but not this arrogant leader, at least if he didn't have to. "I am just as free as you, or any other dragon here, Your Grace, if I may call you that. And not all of use...lessers are slaves like you seem to think." Tormaigh hated using that to describe non-dragons, but it was the only thing this one would understand. "So my question stands. What is the state of other non-dragon citizens in the Imperium?"
Tormaigh
Tormaigh
EarthWing Tracker
EarthWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Today was a big day. Apparently, all the members of the Twilight Imperium were going to be gathering today for a big questionare style charade with the leaders. Of course, not that Shiera cared about that. Any questions she had she was allowed to ask Tenebris, not that a whole lot arose.

The only reason she was attending the gathering was primarily because Tenebris was going. She had finished up the work she had needed to do early, once again, and thus was allowed to come with him to the ceremony.

That being said, Shiera had never been to something like this before. She usually shied away from this kind of work. She wasn’t one for big crowds, and concerning her history, she wasn’t exactly a fan of NightWings. Most of the ones she had met, with the exception of Tenebris, were cruel and views manticores as vile creatures that were to be put to work without rest, and unintelligent. She remembered vividly the other dragons who her previous master would show her off to. It had been a humiliating experience, and Shiera despised many NightWings because of it. Not to mention her poor sisters….

But alas, those times were behind her. Shiera had to focus on the present. Soon, her and Tenebris would be flying off to the meeting place, so she had to get herself ready. First, however, she had to do a double check to make sure all the work she had been assigned was done.

Once she finished this, she’d quickly make her way off to her quarters to gussy herself up. There was no shame in wanting to look her best, after all, even if it was just minimal. She’d make her way through the winding hallways, admiring some of the art as she passed by. Master Tenebris really did have a beautiful home….

She entered her room, feeling a renewed sense of vigor as she made her way over to her small box of things that were in her possession. She was required to wear a collar most of the time, to show she belonged to someone. This was primarily so no NightWing would think she was wild and try to capture her.

However, she also had a seal embedded in a medallion of hers that was showed she was not only property, but also property of Tenebris. She didn’t usually wear it, though, because she never felt that she needed to. Though, she supposed, if she was going to be heading to some big outing with lots of NightWings, she might as well put it on. Not that Shiera wanted the attention….

In fact, she was perfectly content with simply fading into the background. But this was probably for her own good. Sighing, she’d slide the medallion around her neck, holding it in her left paw, admiring the shiny, reflective metal. It was a rather gorgeous necklace, she thought to herself, though she’d never admit it out loud.

Shaking her head, she’d leave her room, heading for the lavatory. Once she was there, she’d drive a small brush through her hair, getting all the mats and knots out. She didn’t normally bother trying to tame her hair, but today was special, at least for Tenebris, and she wanted to honor him by looking her best.

Once she was done with that, she rushed outside to meet Tenebris, arriving just as he was getting read to take off. As they flew, Shiera would remain quiet, as she usually was when she wasn’t being addressed.

Most dragons flew faster than her, but luckily, her master was flying at a leisurely speed, so she didn’t have to stress herself very much. She’d flap her wings, for a moment enjoying herself as she sped through the clouds. She’d make sure to fly behind Tenebris respectfully, watching him as he’d soar gracefully across the sky in front of her.

When they arrived at the location where the event was being hosted, Shiera noticed with dismay that some of Tenebris’ court was there as well. She would fall behind him, remaining close, and trying to hold herself to seem indifferent towards the other dragons. Her tail, however, did coil underneath her into a look of submission, but she said nothing. She merely kept her head held high as she followed Tenebris into the atrium.

As soon as they entered, Shiera’s eyes widened a bit. Several feet ahead of them was perhaps the largest dragon she had ever seen! She would stand there, dumbfounded, hardly hearing one of the members of Tene’s court announce his entrance.

When Tenebris started to walk towards the massive green dragon, she’d snap out of her daze, hesitantly following him, eyes scanning the EarthWing nervously. She wanted to make herself appear mature and civilized, but it was hard to do that when a dragon as big as this one was in front of her!

This must be those EarthWings Tenebris had told her about. Shiera had never actually seen an Earthwing. Due to their scarcity, and her lack of work outside of Tenebris’ territory, she generally didn’t get to see very many dragons besides FireWings and Nightwings. Again, she swallowed nervously, placing her paws in front of her, and sitting down behind Tenebris, trying to avoid eye contact with the massive EarthWing. She felt her face fluster even more when she heard the title Tene used to address the EarthWing. Majesty. So did that mean this was the EarthWing leader?

Sure, Shiera worked for the NightWing leader, but she had never met any other leaders before. Kenina had visited Tenebris before while Shiera was working for him, but it had only been once, and Shiera had never actually seen the FireWing queen. It was all just a little bit intimidating for the young manticore. She made sure to bow deeply, out of respect, for the stranger, her face turning a bright red from humility and nervousness. She didn’t say anything, though, as she did this. She did mutter a soft, “It’s my humblest pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Your Majesty…” but it was quiet and hard to hear.

She would then remain silent, watching and observing from the sidelines. She would keep her back straight, and her mind focused, ready to obey Tenebris’ commands, should he have any of her. It was curious, watching all the dragons flood in.

She was quite glad she could stay with Tenebris. She’d hate to be down there, crowded with all those people. She’d look up to Tenebris, dropping into another bow, as the dragons began to flood in, “Master, if you need anything, just let me know,” she’d say softly, obediently, though this time her voice was audible enough for him and Baldirak to hear.

As the dragons began to flood in, Shiera spotted something quite peculiar, a rather large bird that swooped into the atrium. It’s body was oddly beautiful, with brownish and black feathers, and white tail feathers. It’s body was smooth, and roughly four times the size of her. It gracefully swooped down into the crowd. It had to be one of those lesser species birds she’d heard of. It obviously didn’t look like it was on fire, so not a phoenix….

Interestingly enough, the bird seemed intent on something, as it began to fly closer to the area where Tenebris and Baldirak were positioned. Shiera’s body tensed up as the avian asked Tenebris a question. This was primarily her reaction because it regarded citizenship. What was the thunderbird thinking?

Shiera swallowed nervously, looking up at Tenebris for a moment, coiling her tail around her paws, and standing up straighter. She watched as Tenebris’ expression showed confusion, as he scanned the crowd for the potential master of the large raptor like creature.

Her fur would stand on end as as Tenebris asked the bird who it’s master was, and she went even more rigidd when the bird shot back that it was free, and had no master. She looked obediently at Tenebris. She wasn’t sure what her master’s reaction would be, but she did know that the large bird likely could have saved himself some trouble, had he just said he had a master. Or better yet, not shown up at all.
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 am

"Court. There is no need for such formality in a meeting between a tribe and its leaders. And perhaps you ought to set aside a day to do that. It may just humble you, Tenebris."

The EarthWing heard a voice, coming from just behind Tenebris. It wasn't Hapax or Hamnet; the two had long since ceased their talking and were focused on the room. They may have been annoying, but they excellent Royal Guards. Besides, this voice was feminine. He looked behind Tenebris and saw... a Manticore? Baldirak hadn't even noticed when she came in with the NightWings; in fact, he didn't even know there was a Manticore in Imperium lands. It didn't take him long to notice she was Tenebris' slave; the collar stood out. The King stood and walked around Tenebris so he was facing the Manticore. "It is an honor to be in the presence of a Manticore again." Baldirak bowed to Sheira. Every EarthWing in the room stood and did the same. "The Manticores lived with us, fought beside us, died with us. You were our kin. Our fates were the same, but it appears that you suffered even worse. You are the first Manticore I have seen since that dreadful day. What is your name? I would like to address you properly." The EarthWings rose out of their bow only when Baldirak did, and he did only because he heard wing beats and murmurs from the gathered.

He looked up watched as a Thunderbird flew into the throne room and landed before him. The King could feel Tenebris' eyes on him and felt him walk closer to the Thunderbird, clearly mad that the Lesser Species had dared to speak to them. After the exchange between the two, Baldirak inclined his head to the Thunderbird. "Welcome, Thunderbird. I apologize if Tenebris has offended you with his assumptions..." His right eye glanced at the NightWing leader then flicked to where he had been before he moved, silently asking that he return to that spot. "You live within the lands belonging to the Twilight Imperium. Dragon or Thunderbird, this makes you a Citizen. Therefore, you have the same rights as any free being."

Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tormaigh Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:59 am

Tormaigh eyes shot to the Manticore with Tenebris, and the bird let a slight smirk come to his face when he thought of what the Nightwing must be thinking. Then Baldirak bowed to the Manticore, and the Thunderbird joined in with the Earthwings.

Then he looked at the massive Earthwing, happy with the response he had to give. Though he was still mad at the arrogant Nightwing leader, it felt good for the one who represented the territory where he lived had no ill will towards his kind. "Thank you, your Highness. That is good to hear."
Tormaigh
Tormaigh
EarthWing Tracker
EarthWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 am

The Archon craned his neck forward while the Thunderbird spoke, addressing Tenebris with brazen confidence. Ever fixated upon the lesser creature Tenebris briefly felt a sense of admiration for the Thunderbird and he wasn't sure if the creature was merely bold or simple minded. Taking a moment to muse and contemplate to himself Tenebris couldn't help but smirk, his uncharacteristic white fangs filling his maw in a wide Cheshire Cat like smile, it felt so refreshing for Tenebris to have a challenge.

Releasing a soft coo Tenebris rose his right talons and began to fiddle with one of the silver rings adorning his horns as if amusing and entertaining himself in an almost informal manner. Just before he would retort to the Thunderbird Baldirak spoke and Tenebris inclined his head towards him, listening intently. As the King continued to speak, Tenebris's visage took a dark brooding appearance as his sly sneer faltered into a grimace. Tenebris understood that a few of the other Tribes frowned upon downright slavery, but the vast majority would no doubt relate to the Nightwings contemptuous view of lesser species.

Tenebris scoffed, audible enough for those around him to here. The general Nightwing intolerance of other species was not only born out of the importance Slavery had in their society and the economy, but the lesser species made up much of the manual labour force and slaves performed many domestic services which benefited not only their masters but the Nightwing Tribe as a whole. Tenebris turned to face Shiera for a brief moment as if to justify his own subconscious before then turning to face those assembled within the Hall.

Striding several paces forward Tenebris closed his eyes for a long moment in silence as if to collect his thoughts, before then opening them as well as his maw. "My brothers and sisters, those of us within the Imperium are all kin, we crossed a threshold when we joined as one and now, despite tribe, we are bound in faith, species and a purpose, a purpose to aid one another, and the universal truth in knowing that our glorious Imperium is a bastion of law and order, a shining beacon of Light in these ever darkening times. We Dragons were the first to be created by Shadras himself, made in his image as the first race and to be the custodians of this world, as well all know through our faith". Tenebris' eerie sapphire metallic stare trailed over all present before settling upon the Thunderbird once more "We have done our utmost to guide the lesser races, yet many like the Humans would see all Draconic influence on this world banished and although we are the dominant species how long in the continent's current turmoil can we protect others as equals...".

Turning to face the King, Tenebris locked eyes with him, even with the Earthwings impressive size Tenebris remained ever stalwart and resilient "Perhaps, since merely cause this Thunderbird lurks and nests within our territorial boundaries he is considered a citizen within our Imperium, perhaps next we should also invite the Humans who represent their Kingdoms and settlements to these meetings and name them Citizens, given that they live within Imperium boundaries. The same Humans who all of us here have lost kin to, who have seen friends, family and even our young massacred by".  

Once more facing the crowd, Tenebris released an animalistic snarl while his tail thrashed against the floor "If there are those of the lesser species who would seek the protection and security provided by the Imperium, then they should contribute to our society, not merely settle within our lands so that we should spill more of our own blood to protect. They should know their betters, and earn their rights to be a Citizen through servitude to their benefactors", Tenebris attempted to right his posture and composure as he caught his breath.

Last edited by Tenebris on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrannos Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:36 pm

The throne room doors were pushed open with a resonant groan as the firedrake made his entry into the great chamber, drawn by his interest in the Imperium.

His journey from his abode on the fringes of FireWing territory had been an arduous one with little to no rest, and the winged serpent would be vexed to say the least should his proposition be turned down.

The beast was no dwarf yet his neck was forced to be arched upwards to take in the full majesty of the EarthWing King upon his earthen throne, and Tyrannos felt a small peck of envy and respect towards the King.

His attention then swayed toward the NightWing Archon, or whatever Tenebris called himself, and he was met with a more sly, cunning dragon than the behemoth beside him. Tyrannos would walk forward slowly, casting the meagre Thunderbird aside as he made his way towards the two leaders, and slowly his great form would manifest itself into a stooped bow.

"Your Highnesses, I come to your realm today as a simple rogue from the edges of your territory with the will of joining your great fiefdom.
Tyrannos began, his deep voice echoing across the loosely packed palace. "My name is Tyrannos, and I regard myself as the King of Mount Chrysos in the centre of Pyrria, in which I hoard a great wealth. A great wealth which could be shared with you should our interests merge. I am willing to prove myself in any way you deem fit, for I of course understand that you can not allow any old dragon entry to your lands." with that he raised his heavy maw, and looked upon the two monarchs awaiting a response.

Tyrannos
Tyrannos

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Tormaigh Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Tormaigh's cool blues eyes show a hint of rage when he heard Tenebris' words. He eyed the Nightwing, patiently waiting for him to end his tirade until answering. "You judge me without knowing my past, or the actions of my ancestors. My family lived among the Earthwing tribe for years before their land was taken. They shared territory with the dragons around them, and helped those dragons defend that territory. They helped when they could, and I continue to live that life today. So, Tenebris, do not assume that I am looking for a free ride, especially when your own words could apply to a handful of dragons I have met as well. I think those simple facts are enough to justify my being a citizen to you."

Then a new dragon walked in. Tormaigh watched as he pushed through the crowd, then pushed the bird to the side, muttering under his breath at this. "How about some manners." Then he heard the dragon's voice, with his words admittedly making him sound a bit like Tenebris, causing the thunderbird to roll his eyes.
Tormaigh
Tormaigh
EarthWing Tracker
EarthWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:43 am

The very air within the meeting hall would seem to grow dry and tempid. Shiera shuffled a bit more, her claws kneading the hard ground uncomfortably. There was obviously a lot of tension, especially in the way that Tenebris spoke.

Perhaps it had been a bad idea for her to come after all. She didn’t have any business interfering in the affairs of dragons. And maybe if she had stayed home she would have had an excuse to go explore, maybe bring a couple books with her on her way, and have a peaceful evening. But now, she was stuck in a stuffy room with an arrogant thunderbird and an annoyed NightWing.

Suddenly, the ground seemed to shake a bit. Shiera turned to see that the large EarthWing leader was approaching her. Naturally, she tensed up, holding her head up higher, and squaring her shoulders, coiling her manticore tail around her paws, to give her that refined look she had practiced with Tenebris.

She wondered briefly what the dragon wanted with her. Had she done something she was unaware of to offend them? You never know with these different tribes. What if they had different customs that were unlike the ones she was used to. She would instantly dip her head upon his approach, ready to drop into a bow if she needed to.

“Your Majesty, do you need something sir….” she’d start, only for her ears to perk up upon hearing Baldirak’s words. Her face contorted into a mix of confusion and shock, when she saw the dragon first talk about what an honor it was to meet her, and then drop into a bow.

She became even more in shock when the other EarthWings did the same. She was left there, motionless for a moment, at a loss of words, unsure of how to react to what had just happened. After all, nothing of the like had ever occurred to her before. It was otherworldly.

After a moment, Shiera would regain her composure, straightening up her back, and observing Baldirak. She felt disrespectful to be higher than him, even though she was only 12 feet tall and the towering giant was about 12 times taller than she was. It made her swallow nervously a bit.

Out of respect for him, she’d avert her eyes, dipping her head a bit, “There is no need to bow, your Majesty. I am but a humble slave to Master Tenebris. I know distantly of the fight you and my kin went through, but my family had no part in that. At least, not that I know of. My name is Shiera, your Kingship, and it is an honor and a pleasure to meet you, but I am of no importance,” she said, sounding a bit distant, but also refined and respectful of Baldirak’s position and power.

She listened as the crowd began to murmur. They were likely questioning why the lumbering brute would bow to a manticore, and Shiera was wondering it to. Of course, this only gave her more incentive to do her own research on EarthWing culture. She wanted to know more about their war with the humans, as well as more about their customs and traditions. She didn’t smile at Baldirak, offering him instead a neutral stare, but inwardly she was grinning.

Baldirak soon rose, and went over to confront the Thunderbird, whom, to her surprise, had also bowed to her with the other EarthWings. She felt so conflicted. She had never had dragons bow to her before. It was a new feeling, certainly.

She continued to watch, regaining her composure a bit, as Baldirak apologized to the thunderbird, exclaiming he was a citizen. She glanced nervously over at Tenebris. Though she wasn’t one to pry into the affairs of her master, it seemed like there was definitely a tension between the two leaders. She swallowed, hoping another dragon would ask a question, so the tension could move along.

She listened as Tenebris would give his eloquent speech, addressing the court nobly, then going on to state his point. Just like any good politician, she thought, with a small smile. Her master was excellent at persuading others. How do you think he became king. She’d sit silently, nodding her head softly as Tenebris spoke. As a lesser species whom had forgotten freedom, and who had a deep trust and respect of Tenebris, she could only distantly understand the thunderbird’s visible anger. She remembered how cruel her previous master had been….

Once Tenebris was done with his speech, Shiera would close her eyes, distantly listening to the murmurs and mumblings of the other citizens of the Imperium. She loved how her master spoke. It was so articulated and charismatic. She wished she could speak like that. However, despite all the things Tenebris had pointed out, Shiera couldn’t stop thinking about what Baldirak had done. The way he had bowed, and showed her so much respect. She felt conflicted about it.

Somewhere in her heart, she admired the thunderbird for its freedom and audacity. It had a hint of rebellious attitude and spunk. She listened to him through closed as he’d angrily state his case with Tenebris. To think his ancestors, maybe even some of her own kind, fought in a war made her shiver. And made her wonder how an army with such large and powerful soldiers could lose….It wasn’t until she heard the loud, screeching groan of a door opening did she snap her eyes open, looking around for the source.

Near the large doors that had just swung open burst a fiery drake, a rather large and intimidating appearance. Granted, the EarthWings were larger, but he looked like he held a lot more fire in his heart. Even though Shiera had started to relax, she resumed her stoic appearance upon the drake’s entrance. She watched as he seemed to barge in, seeming regardless for the other dragons in the room, only to reach the two rulers and drop into a low bow.

Just from looking at the way he carried himself, the dragon seemed arrogant, confident of his abilities, and thinking of himself above others. He spoke with that same smooth tone Tenebris spoke with, and began to ask the leaders if he could join the Twilight Imperium. So he was a rogue? Shiera wasn’t sure how well Tenebris might take to him bursting in the way he did, but she did suspect he might like the stooping.

She would relax her appearance, watching the dragons absently, her attention briefly turning to the thunderbird. She couldn’t explain why, but she felt some strange connection to him. Quickly, she’d turn her head back towards Baldirak, Tenebris, and the stranger whom had just burst in, keeping her mind alert for if Tenebris had any requests of her.
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 am

Everything changed, and yet, he felt the same sort of emptiness he had before he even left. The Empire has long collapsed and he left shortly after. It could not have been a worse time, now with his return being met with, at best, feigned ignorance. Many of his own kin thought he was a supporter of the tyrant before Tenebris took power, and spat at his direction. The wiser asked perhaps the question he wanted to hear. Why did he left? If they had asked a few days ago, if they could find him, he would have answered without a stutter in his voice. This tribe was still his home, even though he found it difficult to accommodate himself due to the lengthy absence. Stalls which he used to go to for supplies had either moved or changed. He was used to calling this the Nightwing Empire that he often got frowned or sneered by his patients until he corrected himself. But none of this ever compared with the pain he felt on the fateful day he disappeared.

He found Mythryl's body on the outskirts of the Nightwing tribe. She died from a neck fracture, and judging from the condition of her body, it was 3 days ago. A beautiful and rare rose that bloomed only in the night, among the thorny black flowers and unseen, a beautiful assassin-to-be. One who was everything to him. Given such a pathetic way to die, and left to rot for those days. This, and the death of the former Firewing queen during the retaking of the Earthwing ruins were losses becoming to weighty for him to bear. And with his own exile, because he had abandoned his own tribe, his semigod abilities were stripped.

Of course no one would knew what had happened. Mythryl was born from the shadows after all. A true Nightwing, in retrospect, if one considered she ensured her existence remained a secrecy to none other than Sly or her family. He would be more surprised if someone somehow figured out Mythryl had died and that led to him abandoning his kin. But whenever someone did ask what happened, he just stated that Tempest's death had haunted him and he needed to mull things over alone. He would be half-right.

A few weeks later, it was just business as usual. However, he had lost most of his own smug and cunning. He became more distant, or rather more neutral, and his consultations with his patients were rather unremarkable. Small wounds heal in time and with treatment. But deep wounds, long ignored and with nothing but time, would leave scars. It would still get better, but the hideous mark remained. After explaining his absence and associating it with Tempest, he became known as a war veteran, even though all he did was act as the field medic.

After everything settled, Sly caught up with the recent affairs of the tribe. Or rather, the Imperium as they called it. Twilight Imperium. Fancy name that almost reflected in complexity as the three figureheads that made it up. During his absence, several tribes around Pyrria merged. The reason was still unclear, but Sly would guess it was related to human activity and the need for protection and strengthening defences. It was at least one step closer to unity against the common foe, but that was just about it...

While he had no knowledge of how the other alliances faired, the combination of the highly ambitious Nightwing tribe, the stubbornly reckless Firewing tribe and the vainly proud Earthwing tribe was one impressive cocktail rancid with disaster. Aside from the cold pompous Icewings, replacing any tribe in the Imperium with another would be far better than what they currently have. Sly was aware of the disaster that happened within the event called the Feast. The current alliance consisted of the tribes that were involved, one that sent the Firewings scurrying off into the deepest recess of shadows. Even if that were years ago, the tension between the tribes still existed today.

And so now, a meeting was organised, not only for all three tribes, but also for the rogues that lived within their combined land. If Sly had adopted a supremist mindset, he would have considered the one who controls the biggest amount of land 'wins'. But what of the politics involved? Surely it would be a very fragile hold. But it did not stop a huge gathering. Being trained a former assassin himself, Sly managed to slip past much of the crowd, and clambered on to the ceiling above with the pedestals, and there his form was shrouded in shadows as he watched both leader's back of their heads. There were no other assassins with him this time. Of course. They had sworn loyalty to the former leader. Why would they stay for Tenebris? Still, Sly would not mind a little solidarity.

Overwatching the meeting, he was not at all impressed with how they started. Before anyone could ask a question, both Tenebris and Baldi were bickering with one another. Baldi... the colossal dragon Sly remembered. Sly was rather glad he remained a leader after all these years, but was surprised a bit with how these years had changed him. Or perhaps it was just the cold? But no matter. The two were still arguing indirectly with one another before the crowd, talking about something as trivial as how one shoot greet another. Sly scoffed a little. Politics at its finest!

Eventually, one asked a question. A thunderbird of sorts. How the two leaders replied was enough to show Sly just how much coordination the two have as leaders. He was starting to think that the so-called Imperium was somehow forced, and the three leaders held their paws chagrining in forming this alliance. But what about the third? Sly had done a bit of asking around before coming here, and heard that Kenina retook her roll as the leader - one who was humiliated in the Feast. As if Sly's list about the Firewings could not get any bigger, she did not show up. But evermore surprisingly, she was Baldi's mate. And yet she would not be present with him. Perhaps he should forgive her if she had to deal with the typical internal struggles the Firewings always seemed to like getting themselves in.

Tenebris' speech did not offer much comfort. The honeyed words poisoned in his charisma did poorly to hide the internal struggles that was really happening within the Imperium. Well... to Sly's eyes. But for the unaware, at least they could trumpet and cheer for the prosperity of the Imperium and that of the dragons. Whatever future the three had planned anyways.

And what of the settlement with the Earthwing ruins? One that me and my kin fought and suffered for? Sly asked calmly from where he roosted. Even if he were to expect the thousand eyes sending needles in his direction, he remained stern. Whispers poured between the crowd, a mix of Sly having returned and about the recent war. What future is the Imperium heading for? And how can we, now joined as brothers and sisters, achieve our goal? He paid careful attention to how they will answer. Will it be complete eradication of the humans? And if that, would they first annex the rest of the tribes under the banner of the Imperium? It would be a test for the current leaders, as he looked down with a neutral expression, still wearing that quarter dragon skull.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:18 am

((I'll wait for Baldi before I make my reply... As Tene will have another load of stuff to state.))
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Shiera's words saddened the King. She thought herself nothing more than a slave to the NightWing leader, no one of importance within the alliance. But he had no time to assure her that she was in truth very important, for a commotion could be heard at the doors. Vilkas and another Guardian were stopping a Rogue from entering. Another two were chasing it.

"Let him pass," Baldirak called to them. Vilkas nodded and stepped aside along with the other Guardian; the two outside stopped as well. "Tyrannos. You are quite right that I cannot allow any Rogue into my tribe's lands. And so I am confused as to why you took it upon yourself to cross my border, how you managed to make it all the way to my palace. Ordinarily, I would have you arrested for trespassing--I still may. But first I would hear your reason for wanting to join this tribe."

Between his cold and Tenebris, Baldirak was quite tempted to put an end to this meeting. He could resume it when he felt better; and forbid Tenebris from attending. A cough shook the King's chest and he could feel a slight burning in his lungs. He listened, if only partially, to Tenebris' little speech. "I know it is difficult for you to understand, Tenebris, but we have no true authority over the other species. We cannot force them to contribute to our society anymore than we can force our Citizens to take up ranks. Would you tell a Wise One that they must become a Guardian because their being too old or injured to do anything doesn't contribute to the tribe? As far as anyone is aware, this Thunderbird has lived in this territory--my territory--his whole life. But you took it for yourself and the FireWings because you couldn't stand the thought of Humans having it. While I commend your tribe and the FireWings for reclaiming what was stolen from my kin, who am I to command that the Thunderbird--or any other species who lived here before your arrival--does what the NightWing leader thinks he ought as a Citizen of the Imperium, or leave the EarthWing lands in which he resides? And you think yourself better than them? Because you are a Dragon? We were all created by Shardas. What makes one better than another is not their race, but how they treat others. How they live. Putting those you call 'lessers' into slavery and forcing them to earn the right to be a Citizen does not make you better, Tenebris. It makes you a lesser species. I would dare to say it makes you a Human."

Baldirak paused. Again he was reminded of his cold. He wished Kenina were here. She could take over for a while so that he might rest. But alas... He heard another voice, one he recognized; Sly. His question of the EarthWing ruins made the King's blood boil more than it already was. Why did the NightWings want the ruins so badly? Because they had to bleed a little to get them? The EarthWings were driven very nearly to extinction trying to protect their land. And the NightWings thought they were entitled to it just because they took it back from the Humans and suffered a few casualties? Baldirak was quite close to snapping at Sly, at Tenebris.

Without warning, his demigod ability kicked in. His claws buried themselves into the earth and his eyes, which he had closed after his speech, were now dark blue. Suddenly he was in his old den, nothing more than an advisor to King Cosmos. He heard screams, smelled ash and blood. Humans. Then he was clad in his mother's armor and flying to the aid of kin as he made his way to the EarthWing capital. The humans were in greater number now. All around EarthWings were dead or dying, some fought back against the Humans and others aided in escape. Now Baldirak stood alone against a horde of Humans throwing spears, flinging nets, launching flaming boulders and climbing up his body to get into the space between his hide and his armor. And then he lay on the ground, fell by his own maneuver, but kept down by injuries to his wing and leg. He had taken many humans down with him, however. But more still arrived to capture him...

His glimpse into the past ended. How long had he sat still like that? It felt like at least ten minutes. His claws released the ground and his eyes, pale again, opened. He wished he could have shown everyone what he was seeing. Now Baldirak was weary. The use of his ability left him weak and the cold didn't help. But he forced himself to sit up, instead of lying down like he wanted to, so as not to alarm anyone. He replied to Sly finally, though his voice was much softer.

"The EarthWing ruins should be of no concern to the NightWings. You may have fought to claim them from the Humans, but my kin died trying to keep them. The losses you suffered will never be forgotten by me or any other EarthWing... but they will never outweigh the losses we suffered or entitle you to the ruins. I, however, have something in mind. Something I think will appease both EarthWings and NightWings. A... personal project I have not shared with Tenebris or even Kenina." Another pause and a weary sigh. "As for our future... Nothing will be achieved like this..." the King paused again and looked at Tenebris. "You and I at constant odds. We must find a way to coexist better. And the three of us must work out the finer details of our goals for the Imperium. But I have seen glimpses of our future, Sly. We will thrive."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Tenebris seemed to be preening from his speech, a euphoria only one who had come accustomed to such meetings and courts activities could appreciate and fully understand. The very art reminded Tenebris of his youth, as a guardian participating in one of the many trials and gauntlets to earn his place, now just as then Tenebris saw himself participating in a gauntlet of an entirely different fashion. As the Thunderbird attempted to justify his right to be here through the actions of his lineage Tenebris couldn't help but manoeuvre himself back and forth, part of animalistic instinct as predator stalking prey and part showing a sense of his domineering prowess even despite his petite size compared to many of the other various Dragons within the chamber.

Tenebris assumed the polite smile used in court to deny one's enemies the satisfaction of a snarl as he readied himself to retort against the lesser species before him. Only then was there a disturbance across the Grand Hall, meeting it at once was Tenebris' intense glare as he witnessed the Rogue's arrival. Immediately the Thunderbird was gone from Tenebris' mind as he craned his head while examining the hulking figure. Calculating the Rogue's movements and gestures, the Archon lowered himself once more to a sitting position beside Baldirak, his visage took a stoic solemn appearance as he mused to himself. As the Rogue spoke, Tenebris' couldn't help but admire his procedure and courtly acumen, leading the Archon to dip his head as a form of mutual acknowledgement and curtsey, the Rogue's dignified approach was commendable to say the least and while Baldirak spoke, Tenebris merely awaited.

Regarding first the Rogue and then Baldirak, Tenebris spoke softly so that his voice only carried to those within the near immediate vicinity, "If this Rogue, my King, desires to come under our dominion, all three of the triumvirate of our realms must be present, as we cannot decide such until your beloved mate is here, I suggest if this savage means to enter civilisation he should be regarded as an honoured guest, there is no doubt pass within one of the wings of your Palace", saying his words as a smug smile spread across his features Tenebris pondered how the King would react, it was a simple move on Tenebris' part, a Rogue within the King's Palace itself would be a controversy even more so than the Thunderbirds arrogance and hubris in the presence of its betters.  

As Baldidrak made his remark to Tenebris, the Nightwing had to hold back a bark of laughter, but what did escape was a hoarse strained snicker under his breath, he allowed a moment of silence to wash over him as he regained his composure, his regality and elegance now no longer faltering as he regarded the Earthwing King, it was clear that although the Imperium had the largest land mass and most powerful forces within all of Pyyria, and the Imperiums existence itself forever changed the world for good or ill as other tribes begun to unite, it would be plainly clear to all those within the chamber just how fragile politically the Imperium was, yet the facade must continue to which end Tenebris allowed himself another brief inhale, "With the utmost respect your Majesty, in your own words, if we cannot have true authority over the lesser species as you say, but yet must sacrifice our own kin, perhaps not now but in the future to protect them as our citizens as you'd have it, but cannot reign over them, then surely I am not the only one in this chamber who can see that this is purely illogical, if such a beast desires to be a Citizen and reap the benefits of such then they must adhere to our dominion". Tenebris continued to carry his voice through the chamber, his rhythmic tone echoing against the walls, his voice wasn't laced with malice but a cold matter-of-factly manner radiating from him, careful not to outright challenge Baldirak or the Imperium but enough to illustrate his point. Enough also to show his contempt regarding Baldirak's sovereignty without outright making traitorous statements.  "Let us not forget, Humans were once friends with Dragons, equals in all respects in the old tales. How did they repay our generosity and kindness, they put our hatchlings to the sword and attempted to break our civilisation down to its very foundations", Tenebris turned to Baldirak, his gaze not of scorn and disdain but of a sense of empathy as his visage softens "And in some Tribe's cases, they did just that once the Humans were strong enough. How long will it be before our generosity is again turned against us with ill intent".

Awaiting Baldiraks reply Tenebris suddenly was caught in awe as the Earthwing's talons dug into the very surface of the Hall, recoiling Tenebris bared his teeth unaware as what was to happen. As the Earthwing stood there in an almost state of paralysis, Tenebris couldn't help but be intrigued, and his scholarly curious nature caused him to approach the King, craning his neck as he examined the powerful Dragon with the same interest of an art sculpture. When Baldirak finally came to Tenebris immediately took the opportunity "It is clear this day has taken its tole on our King" Tenebris spoke to those gathered once more, "His dedication to our Imperium should be admired as he has come in attendance despite his illness", facing Baldirak once more Tenebris masked a facade of pity and condolence "Your Majesty, I suggest you retire, rather this meeting should be postponed or I shall continue the proceedings on my own accord with those present".

Only as Baldirak steadied himself did Tenebris' attention fixate above him to where Sly seemed to lurk. Knowing the voice and his heighten sight in the shadows it was an ease assessment as to who it was, Sly, Tenebris couldn't help but give a satisfied smug smirk, it seemed that Sly had returned from his self-imposed exile and that was certainly intriguing. The Archon's own Inquisition hadn't even informed him yet of the return of Sly, he'd have to make it a point in the future to have an interesting chat with the returned exile. As Baldirak then spoke in reply, Tenebris turned his sinuous lithe neck regarding him, addressing all present despite his fixated gaze on Baldirak "Fear not, Brother, none here have forgotten the sacrifices made by both the Firewings and the Nightwings, the actions of the war will be foretold in both song and story for years to come. Neither will the generosity of our noble kin be forgotten as well, as I'm sure Baldirak will agree, the Earthwing will forever remember the kindness and dept they owe to such selfless beings such as ourselves who allowed them to return to their ancestral homeland in peace and sanctuary". Tenebris couldn't help but wonder if Baldirak would react, the Archon longed for him to rebuke his statement of owing a dept, in front of both the Nightwings and Firewings present.

Tenebris turned in an almost militaristic fashion as his gaze snapped up towards Sly once more, "You speak of our future, the future of this Imperium, but I assure you we are bound together as one, soon our collective will be joined in single thought and purpose, all our earthy goals will be achievable once we are consolidated. Each Tribe within our fold holds individual burdens, as our very Tribe names are carried with a legacy, meaningful legacies of pain and sadness, of dire battles and betrays. The history behind each of us being a secret purpose to those what find themselves serving it, one that rarely few others can ever comprehend and understand, let alone share. Even now I dare not claim to fully understand the pain and sorrows of the Earthwings and Firewings as a collective, but in turn they also respect us Nightwings mutually for we will never understand the dire of one another and personally nor will I ever pretend to understand, for that is not my right, but I understand there drive will be just as paramount to them as it is to our own. Thus, I know this, we may not be joined fully in our pasts, but in regards to our futures, we will become one, for although we may not know them, we all share pains and sorrows, we all know fallen comrades, now but mere dust and loved ones consumed by the darkness. We all carry these cracked vessels of our grief and pride. Now though, with our union we will forge a future together, as separate our tribes were individual flicking embers, but as one we will be a pyre to light the way for all Dragonkin. From this point onwards, when we face new pains and sorrows, our tribes will face them and share them together. That is our future, for we will continue to strive and push ever onwards, never faltering".

Tenebris then turned once more Baldirak as he spoke, merely nodding "I agree, we must deliberate with one another in confidence once this meeting has concluded, your majesty", his snide smirk only growing Tenebris made it a point to refer to the correct title of Baldirak, there was a need regarding certain insurances of Nightwing interests which need to be codified and secured for long term stability for the Imperium to continue.

Last edited by Tenebris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tormaigh Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:45 am

Tormaigh looked sadly at the Manticore. How could anyone even think that!? How could anyone see themselves as no more than a slave? He couldn't imagine a life that would make one think that way. He then listened to Baldirak and Tenebris' views.

The Thunderbird was happy with what the Earthwing king, the dragon he saw as his leader, had to say. He was right. Not every non-dragon would want to be ruled, but Tormaigh didn't really care. He and most of his family were willing to do whatever a normal citizen would do. The Thunderbird also suspected that many other non-dragons would be willing to join the Imperium if they knew they wouldn't be slaves. Then Tenebris had to open his mouth.

Tormaigh was next to furious as the Nightwing spoke, though he hide this fury under a stone face. He thought about it. If what Tenebris said was brought to its natural conclusion.... The bird spoke up once again, this time keeping his voice less emotional. "If I may ask you something, your Grace, you say that if you cannot reign over us as masters we may rebel, right? You say that if we don't serve the greater good of the Imperium, we should be considered second rate citizens, no? If you take this to its logical conclusion that would mean dragon citizens with no family doing something to benefit the alliance, even if they are simply surviving, should be either slaves or second rate citizens, with less rights then others. I already know you'll argue that that is different. But let be ask this. I, a Thunderbird who will always claim the Earthwing ruler as my own and be willing to serve has most dragons would, and who's ancestors would say the same, must be a slave to earn citizenship. Yet, a dragon that does nothing but survive, that does not care about his fellow tribe members, would be a citizen? Is that how you think Tenebris?"

Tormaigh also listened to the Rogue, or course Tenebris liked this guy. He had many titles and spoke like a king. Tormaigh still had no reason to like the guy, and he pretty much proved the point he wanted to make. Then a Nightwing asked about the ruins, and he had to agree with Baldirak's position. They were EARTHWING ruins. Not Nightwing. Not Firewing. Not Thunderbird. No. It was Earthwing. At the very least, both agreed that the Imperium would survive, and to meet later in private.
Tormaigh
Tormaigh
EarthWing Tracker
EarthWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeoldrerrirth Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:10 am

Zeoldrerrirth was flying, as fast as his bones could go. he was late for the meeting! he was also suppose to be with the other nightwings by now, but his "lazy" self was sleeping. if the doors close before he came, then he would never get a chance to meet the other dragons.

then, he saw the doors, but there were not closed yet. Thank goodness! he was heading straight for it, not noticing that he was flying fast intill the last second. when he noticed, he was trying to slow down, hitting the ground hard, while his wings was still open. his bone body rattling, he walked to the other dragons, trying to pretend that nothing embrassing happened to him.

sunddenly, his eyes widen. there was a crowd. he didnt like crowds, especially big ones. Nervously, he looked around, hopefully that no one noticed him....
Zeoldrerrirth
Zeoldrerrirth
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:52 pm

He knew what he was risking when his first impression was a question that could harm his relations with the Earthwing king. Sly still owed him a favour for enabling him to further his studies in medicinal herbs and other natural remedies, and yet he never really fulfilled his promise as an informant. Not that it was required any further, unless he wanted him to spy on the new Nightwing leader, or now known as the Archon of the Ebonwings. He did not faze one bit as something took hold of Baldirak, as if he was suddenly possessed. If he could recall correctly, Sly remembered the Earthwing king ascending into that of a semigod. The position conveyed a small sense of longing within Sly, a title and power stripped from him the moment he left the muddy swamps of his homeland.

In that moment, the air was almost silent, saved for the lingering whispers that not even a breeze would steal away. They were pure mumbles to him, the topics of their discussion to be anything. But of course, in the views of a leader, they were still nothing more than sheep to be herd into place. The morning dew grew mild, and the air carried the distant scent of mountain flowers all too familiar to the former semigod. Nothing much had changed but the Nightwings. Not even the wound the old Earthwing king had sustained in his struggles with what was probably humans. At least rumours among the Haven had told.

Matters with the rogue and lesser species mean little to Sly at this point. It was not of his business to intrude and offer any opinion on the matter. Slavery and Patriarchy were controversial systems of governance, but there would be little hope in moving forward if one were to dawdle and sulk about it. All Sly could really do was be thankful that his luck with fate granted him to be born within the ranks of the Nightwings and as a dragon. No matter what anyone does, inequality will always linger. It was a fact Sly had succumbed to a long time ago when he was but a rat living off scraps within his own home at a young age.

Sly only frowned at the Earthwing king's answer. Thanks to the tyranny of the former Nightwing Emperor, none of his kind had fallen. The only loss they really sustained was that of the Firewing Queen, Tempest. Tempest... the thought of her still weighed so heavily on him. The pain she had suffered was clear before her imminent death, a failure of what he had built himself to do. No. The loss he speak off was not death, but the trauma of the experience that was much worse than such. Something that would continue to haunt the minds of even the strong-willed, that in their war with the humans, even the death of the supposed strongest was possible. Something that Sly fell victim of.

Sly was not at all pleased with either response. The ruins belonged to the Earthwings. That much he know was true. But whoever lost the most in the reclamation mattered very little at this point. If they hoped for the future of the Imperium, they best not make such comparisons on who was better or had it worst. The Earthwings have lost parents, siblings, and children. The Nightwings and Firewings endured the trauma and loss of will with the passing of the Firewing queen. If no one could look past materialistic worth, no doubt they would express all their sympathies for the Earthwings.

The future can change, even at the moment you discover it. Sly responded back to the king. It is no excuse for us to be so much at ease and expect the future to be imminent. You all spoke of unity, but your expressions tell me, as an assassin, otherwise. The human strength comes more from their innovations with the element of fire. But their much... stable unity and ambition for conquest. Where does our strength lie today? A blind hope and foresight that... somehow... we will stand victorious? Have we forgotten what took place in what was now the Earthwing ruins? He then looked to the empty pedestal - one for Kenina. How could the two leaders present claim they all stand united, when not even the Firewing queen was here to make her audience? No matter what, he could not cast off the looming shadows of doubt. And he further doubted it would be beyond his power to resolve anything, as a dual assassin and healer. Even if he had his semigod powers.

By the day, even as they spoke and conduct this strained meeting, the humans grew stronger and forever united. While the dragons stood forever divided, even under the farce of a banner that did little to cloak over the internal conflict they have with one another. The debate over the claims of the ruins was one example. By right, they belonged to the Earthwings, forever and will be. That was until they wandered into a grey area with the Nightwings and Firewings assisting in the effort of reclaiming them. But they must never forget the sacrifices the other tribes endured to help reclaim it.

Why did we fight for the ruins? We wanted to reclaim what was rightfully ours as dragons. But also to set an example that we have not forgotten the might of our blood and claws. Last I recalled, I did not remember fighting just to have another debate that will further drive a wedge into our unity. No, you may have more than just to consolidate between leaders and betting our wings into a foresight of a probably future, you have much to do to prove that the Imperium has a future of prosperity for us.

He then stood with a proud chest, eyes swirling and blending from the tense yellow, to the much more relaxed green, a smirk coming to light. And perhaps I will see to it that we will come to that... no matter the cost.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down