Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

On the Hunt (Open to all) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

On the Hunt (Open to all) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

On the Hunt (Open to all)

+5
Berwyn
Wake
Servius
Kelarth
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

On the Hunt (Open to all) Empty On the Hunt (Open to all)

Post by Wake Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Wake flew low, practically skimming the tree tops as he searched for food between Seawing and Earthwing territory. Sure, the wyvern could've fished, but with human boats in the water Wake preferred to hunt inland. After hunting for almost half an hour, the dragon finally saw his prize. A deer that was just begging to be taken. Wake lifted a few feet before going into a slight dive. He when in for the kill, clamping his talons down, only to feel thin air in his feet. The wyvern turned back to the deer running off, and lets out an annoyed roar before landing for a short rest. "Stupid deer! Where's all the prey today?" The wyvern then curled up, not for a nap, but just to rest and think of a way to get some food without swiping it from someone.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

On the Hunt (Open to all) Empty Re: On the Hunt (Open to all)

Post by Berwyn Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 am

Berwyn was roaming aimlessly through the forest. He knew that he was far from home, but he was allowed to go almost anywhere as long as he stayed safe. He knew how to defend himself, but he highly doubted that anyone would attack a young hatchling. As he was wandering he stumbled and fell over a boulder and ended up right behind what looked like a sleeping SeaWing. He immediately scrabbled behind the boulder and held his breath. He didn't want to risk waking up a SeaWing, but he also didn't know whether the Seawing was actually sleeping or not.
Berwyn
Berwyn
LightWing Hatchling
LightWing Hatchling

Male Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Wake laid there, trying to figure out where to hunt next when he heard something behind him. The wyvern used his wings to lift himself slightly. As he did this, Wakes grey eyes soon spotted the hatchling. He smiled at the sight. Handling hatchlings had always been something he was good at, and he enjoyed them, partially because he was the one time he was the taller one. Wake then began to speak with a calm voice. "Well, where'd you come from little one?"
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Berwyn Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 pm

He had been spotted, but it seemed like the SeaWing was friendly. He replied quietly, "I'm from one of the light wing cities. Before you ask, I'm not lost. Were you sleeping?" He hoped he hadn't woken up a stranger. He stepped back a step just in case. His scales started to involuntarily camouflage, but he stopped before he was fully hidden.
Berwyn
Berwyn
LightWing Hatchling
LightWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 am

Wake couldn't help be let out a slight chuckle as he came to his feet."No. Just resting. Haven't been able to find any deer. At least none that I've been able to catch." The wyvern then looked at the hatchling with a smile."So. Do you have a name?"
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:48 am

Toxin sits on a far off ledge, looking over a vast forest. Pray has been scares leaving him hungry most nights. His black scales allow him to blend in with the sky leaving only his neon green eyes to scan the trees below him. Being a young wyvern, still developing his powerful wings food is something that should be around more often.

He tilts his head slightly hearing what sounds like voices coming from below. With a flick of his tail and a twitch of his ears he spreads his wings and glides down to the voices with as much stealth as he can muster from his clumsy wings.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:58 am

Hello, toxic. Before you can roleplay, you need to have an approved character. Did you read the New Members Guide? http://www.rpgdragons.org/t4665-new-members-guide-character-creation
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 am

no I'm sorry i don't think i did, i appreciate the link and can do that now.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Berwyn Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:44 am

He says quietly, "My name's Berwyn." He visibly relaxes and is relieved that he hadn't woken the stranger. He thought that he heard the flapping of wings, but he brushed it aside. He asked, "What's your name?" If he knew the stranger's name maybe he wouldn't be so worried. He stepped forward a little bit to show that he was more confident.
Berwyn
Berwyn
LightWing Hatchling
LightWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:29 am

The wyvern smiled as the hatchling, Berwyn, become more comfortable. Wake heard the flapping, more distinct to him thanks to his hearing, but figured it was another Rogue hunting. "Happy to meet you Berwyn. I'm Wake. The wyvern then heard his stomach growl. Though he just shook it off for now.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:41 am

As he closes into the voices they become more distinct. Making out two voices, both male.

Not wanting to make too much sound he lands in a cluster of trees and uses his wings as a set of front limbs so he can creep though the branches as quietly as he can. Wanting to see them before they see him.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 am

Wake soon began to hear something coming, thanks to his hearing, and moves between the Berwyn and the noise. As he does this, the wyvern's horns, which had laid flat on his neck, began to frill out.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Servius Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:09 am

The great winged lion with a scorpion's tail flew over the treetops between Dragon territory. It was mid-day and the Manticore was hungry, but today he wanted something a little more... meaty. He would definitely snack on a Human or two later, though. Servius' keen eyes scanned the ground below for signs of prey. Unfortunately, his prey, simple as they were, had a way of alerting each other to his presence. So whenever the predator was around, food suddenly became quite scarce. But this did not other the Manticore; he would find his meal no matter where it hid. As he flew over his territory, the nose of Servius picked up on a familiar scent: Dragons. With a growl, the Manticore dove under the canopy and landed, following the scent. The winged lion stalked through the forest in silence, soon coming upon the Dragons. He was far enough away to not be noticed unless he wanted to be, but Servius had no desire to go unnoticed. These Dragons were in his territory and he wanted them to know it.

The scorpion tail of the Manticore raised and lashed at the air, swaying menacingly. He could see a Dragon protecting a smaller one, perhaps having heard something. Servius launched a sharp quill at the two Dragons, having aimed it above the larger Dragon's head, at the tree behind it.
Servius
Servius

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Wake is focused on the sound, not seeing the manticore until he flings a quill at him. The wyvern then turns to see Servius. Wake's crest of horns stays flared as he looks at the lion-like being. The two legged dragon then began to think. He could have run, but he wasn't sure about Berwyn. He could try to fight, but he was more than a little smaller then the new visitor. Heck! Wake didn't think he was in claimed territory! The wyvern decided quickly that negotiating, but being ready to run, was the pair's best bet. "Um.... Hello. I didn't realize this was someone's territory. I needed food, and there are too many humans fishing off the coast right now. If you want us to leave, we will, but someone else's out here.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Toxin peeks out of the trees to see the two dragons. He stays hidden and at the new attacker he pulls his head back into the branches and leaves. If he can stay hidden he can survive.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Berwyn Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Berwyn, after observing all of this, changed his scales a pale white. Then he camouflaged into the background as best as he could. He was minuscule compared to the new creature. He didn't want anyone to get hurt, but he was too small to do anything about it. He almost actually grabbed the larger wyvern's wing tip. He kept quiet, but if things got bad he could try to get in between the two. Surely they wouldn't hurt a hatchling.
Berwyn
Berwyn
LightWing Hatchling
LightWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Servius Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Servius was well aware of the third Dragon; he was deaf, not... without smell. But his attention was on the two Dragons before him. His tail remained raised, the stinger ready to strike if the Dragon was foolish enough to fight a Manticore. Unsurprisingly--most were smart enough to back down when confronted by the winged felines--the Dragon chose to speak rather than fight. Servius' eyes read the overgrown lizard's maw as it spoke. "Does your nose not work that you did not smell my scent, or do Dragons not care about boundaries? Is there not prey enough in your own territory, lizard? Are you too weak to handle a few bipeds?"
Servius
Servius

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:26 am

Not knowing this beast knows he's here, toxin keeps watch. Looking at the large dragon and the beast face off he knows it's up to the winner what happened next. Who lives and who dies. He can fly away if he has to, thankfully.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:17 am

Wake looks at the manticore, the moment "bipeds" mentioned, Wake was a bit uneasy. It was clear something was going through his head, but he wouldn't say it out loud. He never wanted to think about it again. That day. Wake finally spoke as he tried, and fail, to gain his composure. "I...I was in the air the whole time. My mother taught me that when hunting in the air you use your eyes, not your nose. I only noticed your sent after I missed the only piece of prey I've seen all day and landed for some rest, and didn't know what it was. And you know I'm a biped, right?" Wake knew that may have been a slip on his part to bring it up, but it was true. He didn't walk on his wings like many wyverns. He stood on his hind legs like a raptor, which made his 20 foot height even more sad. Wake then continued. "Anyway. I live on the coast, so there aren't really any deer out there. As for the humans...." Wake could feel his horn fall to either side of his neck. The wyvern always hated that he couldn't hide his emotions, and hoped that the feline wouldn't ask about what Wake would say next. "They...they.... They terrify me. I...I don't want to talk about it, but they do." Wake lowered his head slightly as he spoke, his horns still hanging limp.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelarth Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Servius read what the Wyvern had to say but hardly cared. All that mattered to the great predator was that his territory was currently infested. "How smart, lizard, to ignore an unfamiliar scent simply because you are tired. A Dragon, terrified of bipeds?" The Manticore laughed. It was a deep, rumbling laugh not unlike his voice. The thought of a creature being terrified of something so small amused him. True, Servius had been scared that day when the Humans invaded and destroyed the Earth Kingdom, but he had been a cub then. But he outgrew his fear and turned the human race into his plaything. "And you are not a biped. You are a Dragon."
Kelarth
Kelarth
God of Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Hearing all this Toxin isn't sure how to react. The beast clearly wants then out of this land. The older wavyrn, looking for food like he is, is also afraid of the little pink things the walk on two legs. The smaller hatchling, he doesn't know much about yet but with his hiding place still in the tree he feels safe enough.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Berwyn Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Berwyn was still nervous, but he was a little calmer knowing that the manticore was willing to reason. He felt like someone was watching all of this. He wasn't sure from where though. He was tensed up and still thoroughly scared, but he felt a little better knowing that they might be able to talk it out. He also knew that they should be leaving, and probably soon. He didn't want anything to happen that would end up with a violent confrontation. He pulled on Wake's wing a little bit to try and hint at the fact that they should probably be leaving.
Berwyn
Berwyn
LightWing Hatchling
LightWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 am

Wake looked down at the hatchling before looking back at Servius, his horns flared a bit at the mocking, but they ended up close to their normal place. Wake then responded calmly, though he was annoyed with the manticore at this point. "As much as I'd love to tell you what I think, me and the hatchling will be leaving your territory now. If you'll allow it."

Last edited by Wake on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Finally picking a side to fight on Toxin uses his gift to give the two time to escape.

Dropping down from the tree in a shower of leaves and a flurry of wings Toxin stands face to face with the beast. His mouth open and glowing a bright neon green as a warning of what he can do. Wings fanned out to hide the two behind him. Hopefully his intentions to protect the elder and hatching behind him made clear by standing between the two and the beast.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Servius Eirene Koinonia was ready for these Dragons to leave... but the third finally decided to come out of hiding and cause trouble. The Manticore watched unimpressed as the small Dragon landed in front of him, his maw open. The Dragon seemed to think he was bigger than he was--or else didn't realize just how much bigger The Manticore was; the Dragon opened his wings, intending to hide the others behind him. The winged feline had little patience for overgrown lizards to begin with, and now it was gone. His tail swayed slowly, like a snake, and seemed to be studying The Manticore's prey. Then it struck. Servius' tail was swung forward, straight down and to the left, the stinger aimed at the joint connecting the Dragon's wing to his body. If the stinger hit its mark, a paralyzing toxin would be injected into the Dragon at that spot, leaving him unable to use his left wing for about 6 minutes.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next