Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Turn the page (Open to all) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Turn the page (Open to all) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Turn the page (Open to all)

2 posters

Go down

Turn the page (Open to all) Empty Turn the page (Open to all)

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:26 am

/* Plot open for any characters/interactions/plot changes */
It was a very calm day. The air was warm, the vision was clear. 'Perfect day for a flight!', Tsidia thought as she jumped off some high cliff. Without any particular direction in mind she began her regular check-up for anything unusual. While she was flying over some desert-like terrain wondering, why is nobody appearing in her sight she felt something strange. Like a forcefield pulling her towards somewhere, only that... it wasn't really there. It wasn't a physical drag towards certain place, she just felt like... she had to get there. Lowering her flight she quickly noticed the anomaly. Massive winds were howling unnaturally in all directions, plenty of colours blazing her eyes, as she took a step back. Light dispersion created a chamber hiding whatever was inside. For a moment she stood still considering her options.
'Well... you only live once right?' . Prepared for anything she took few uncertain steps towards the eye of the magic storm. Crossing the light barrier she found herself in front of a wooden stand, covered in something looking like ancient runes. It held a... book. It was open right in the middle. She was stunned by all the colours changing and gently vibrating with power of some kind. She raised her claw uncertain what to do. Well, it's not like anyone is going to suddenly appear from behind her right?

Last edited by Tsidia, the mind player on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:55 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Added colour to the title)
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Turn the page (Open to all) Empty Re: Turn the page (Open to all)

Post by Chrocey Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:54 pm

(Hope you don't mind my initial introduction being kind of abrupt. Was thinking it might bounce well off of Tsidia not suspecting anyone being behind her :3)

“Well, that certainly looks valuable,” Silver’s voice slithered through the air like a viper, however, it was muffled slightly from the unnatural roaring winds. She approached the SkyWing from behind, emerging through the light barrier. She walked forward, examining the runes and almost completely ignoring the book that lay open. “I can’t imagine what they do. Do you think these things are causing the storminess? Or maybe...”

The IceWing paused, focusing her deep blue eyes on the other dragoness that was in this chamber with her. “Oh...my apologies. I didn’t formally introduce myself.” She walked toward the SkyWing and extended a talon politely. “My name’s Silver Snow, but you can call me Silver. What’s your name?” The dragoness raised an eye and looked outward at the magical storm, “and for that matter, why are you here. Doesn’t exactly seem like this is the most relaxing vacation spot in all of Pyrrhia.”
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 am

Tsidia took a fearful step back. How could anyone get here so fast? Or could she not notice time, flying by so fast? My name's Tsidia. I was just passing through, when I noticed that..." - she said automatically while carefully examining Silvers mind. It was... strangely resistant. She needed some extra time, but not now at least. Confused, she turned around to take a look at her new company. She was looking at a pure white dragoness, covered in a lot of jewellery in an act, of making it a bit more than just endless white. She had a very unusual face, even unnatural she would say. Tsidias attention focused, however around her deep blue eyes, like an ocean hiding something under great waves. Her actions seemed very familiar to her, but for now she decided not to judge. ... THIS is here. Then, I just... It's... I found myself here, that's all. Now, what are YOU doing here, in the middle of a desert? Anyway, when I got here It just was like this. I've seen anomalies like this before. Some say, that they are here to show us something. Tsidia let a soft breath go. Looking at her companion, she didn't seem to be very interested in her words. She caught back her attention by saying: I've heard, that they hold a great power".
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27 pm

“Great power, huh?” Silver’s eyes flicked over to the book and she stared at it briefly. She waved her talon at it, dismissing the object. “Bah. I’m more of a jewels and fortune kind of dragon, not a ‘I want to rule over all of Pyrrhia’ type.”

The IceWing smiled down at the other dragoness. “Well, Tsidia, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. As for what brings me here,” she paused before continuing, “I was simply seeing what the desert was like—it’s dreadful by the way—when all of a sudden I notice a pretty young SkyWing flying into a storm.”

Silver placed a talon on her own chest, “far be it from me to judge a dragon’s decisions, but I assume anyone who’s been flying through the desert and decides to go somewhere worse might have a few issues that a good friend could solve.” She looked up in thought for a moment before continuing, “Plus, I was also curious to see if you’d spotted something valuable. Always looking to add more gems to my collection.”

Old books are certainly not on my wishlist. Even these runes would make terrible earrings, Silver thought.

The IceWing’s head went askew, looking curiously at Tsidia. “...just to be sure, you’re not actually looking for powerful objects in a plot to take over all Pyrrhia, right? Depending on your answer, I may or may not try to escape here and warn my tribe.”
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:40 am

Tsidia had a small giggle. If I was up to do that, you would probably got evaporated by now. Now, anomalies like this usually don't carry anything along with them, so my guess is that either someone placed this book here or... . Just give me a minute" She put her claw back on the book and focused on the connections. She knew that whatever was inside she won't understand it, but she decided to try anyway. The book was empty except... it wasn't. Looking at the blank pages her mind began filling with... memories. They weren't hers for sure, but somehow very familiar, like if she took part in them. They were chaotic and out of place. Tsidia got increasingly confused, when all of the sudden she heard subdued voice behind her telling her to wake up. The last thing she heard, was: "I will always be there for you". Her consciousness hit-back when she found herself crying on the floor, scared Silvers face looking at her while the runes around them started processing something, glowing with power

Last edited by Tsidia, the mind player on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : glowing with power)
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Silver chuckled at Tsidia’s response, perhaps a bit nervously. She looked relieved that the other dragoness wasn’t going to try to kill her, but at the same time, she eyed her own scales as if picturing a scenario where they were actually evaporated.

The IceWing turned her attention to Tsidia when she approached the book. She took a small step back, just in case something dangerous were to happen while investigating this old, obviously magical, relic. Could magical items have traps placed on them?

After a moment of silence, Silver opened her mouth to speak. “Who do you think-?”

The SkyWing collapsed onto the floor, weeping uncontrollably.

“Tsidia?” she asked cautiously, stepping toward the purple-scaled dragon and placing a talon on her wing. “Are you alright?”

Silver raised her head to glance at the surrounding runes. Each of them were now glowing with a feint light, making the dainty dragoness swallow hard. “Tsidia. I don’t know why you’re crying, but you need to snap out of it soon. I’m no rune expert, but these things look like they’re about to do something. Unpredictable magic is probably my least favorite kind.”

She looked down at the SkyWing again, offering a talon to help her back on her feet.
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:30 am

"What? Uh... ah... y-yeah s-sure." Tsidia pushed away all thoughts, focusing on the task ahead. "These runes must have been triggered by something. We don't have enough time to get to know what they are doing. Now, remember what I said about evaporation? We need to go. RIGHT NOW. "remember" - that word reminded her of something. She reached out for the book. "Move! I'll catch you later". Hallucinations rolling in her head, as she held it in her claws wide open. Her vision slowly blurred, but she had to keep going. She needed answers. And she needed them right now. Meanwhile, air around them got hotter, whispers in the air, as ancient energy progressively filled the air. Soon, nothing will persist.
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:58 pm

Silver was taken aback by the urgency in Tsidia’s voice. What in the world were these runes doing? And for that matter, why would the SkyWing choose to stay instead of escape? Was this old book really so valuable?

Such questions would have to remain unanswered as Tsidia reached out and touched the relic once more, opening it and staring into its blank soulless pages The runes reacted once again, making the air around them unbearably hot. At least, unbearable for a certain dragoness that was accustomed to cold climates.

With a bit of trepidation, Silver reached a talon out to try and pull the SkyWing away. She paused, thinking twice about her attempted act of heroism. If these runes were about to evaporate Tsidia, then it would be much more beneficial to save her so she could unlock their secrets in the future. On the other talon, maybe Tsidia knew exactly what she was doing. Perhaps she was already unlocking their secrets, and interrupting her would do more harm than good.

After hesitating for a few seconds longer than she’d liked, Silver hissed and backed away, reluctantly leaving the strange chamber through the wall of light. “I hope you know what you’re doing!”
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:04 am

Tsidia fought with hallucinations, while watching Silver turning away as if in slow motion. She tried moving, but quickly noticed that her energy faded away throwing her on the sand. Can't stay... awake - she thought before darkness covered her sight. She got up in void. White endlessly outstretching in every direction. The "floor" as she would call it was nicely warm, and solid. It would seem like it dematerializes and is created again with her every step, beneath her feet. She was overwhelmed by the purity of nothingness, but... it wasn't really empty. She could fill a presence stretching all over the place. In her mind she felt very familiar pulsing. She let inside. Then it all happened. You always enjoyed the danger.
So... it was you? All this time, all these voices in my head.
I told you that I would never leave you Smile
It... I... I just... thank you. So... how did you do that? And for that matter, where exactly are we? Are you going to stay? And what happened to you?
Heh. I was usually the one asking. I'm still weak. I can't sustain this sphere anymore. You need to go. Do you remember how you got here?
She never thought about that. How could have she gotten here? Is this ...a dream? Suddenly she started hearing hissing all around her. No, wait!
I'm sorry to see you go once again. Farewell Tsidia.
Tsidia felt her hearth beat, her body lying on the sand. This noise must be the pressure drop, which means... THAT YOU SHOULD GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!
Tsidia jumped in the air spreading her wings in attempt of great escape, while magic energy started reaching critical point of density. In distance she saw Silver. IT'S GONNA EXPLODE!!!
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:16 pm

This is foolish, Silver thought bitterly. I braved the storm just like that dragoness, and what was the pay off? A dusty old book and nearly being scorched by some stupid runes. If Tsidia dies and leaves me with nothing to gain from this journey, I will make sure that Smoke works twice as hard to cover my losses.

The IceWing squinted as she desperately tried to avoid sand blowing into her eyes. It was hard to see exactly where she was going, but she figured that eventually flying straight would get her out of the storm. One thing was for sure, as soon as she left this desert, she was going to take a nice cold bath.

Suddenly, a voice shouted from behind her, the words being consumed by the hungry, howling winds. It was unmistakably the dragoness she’d just met, but the tone she carried sounded terrified. Like something truly terrible were about to happen. Just judging by how fast Tsidia was flying, Silver gathered that they must need to get away from that chamber as soon as possible.

Not stopping to second-guess, Silver picked up the pace, flying as fast as she could while battling the strong winds. Her muscles started to ache as this had been much more of a workout than she’d normally had to do.

With weather like this, she’d usually stay on the ground—maybe huddle up in a nice cave and persuade a dragon to keep her company. Otherwise she’d much rather send Smoke into these precarious situations. But no, of all the times for that NightWing to fall ill, this had to be the time.

“What in the world did you do in there?!”
Silver shouted.

To the IceWing’s surprise, she felt a sudden bareness on her horn as the wind had managed to loosen and remove one of her sapphire ringlets. She stopped abruptly and watched as the jewelry plummeted toward the desert floor. “No!” she exclaimed, diving downward hastily to try and grab it before it disappeared into the sands.

At this point, Silver was no longer paying mind to any impending doom.
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:33 am

Tsidia calmed down, picking up momentum. Alright, we're gonna make it. Suddenly, she saw white particles racing through the dust, chasing a small object, reflecting light. Was she still hallucinating? No, it couldn't be. STOP IT, IT'S A SUICIDE! - she shouted, but even as she was saying it, she knew that Silver would ignore her. There had to be a way. She just needed to work it out. Hey, I know a place with a lot of treasure way better than that, but you won't see it if you're dead! SO STOP CHASING THAT **** AND COME WITH ME!!! "that should do it", she thought while behind light has began expanding, turning every organic matter into dust. It was their last chance. Tsidias wings hurt like if they were burning, but she had no time to worry about that. The ray of disintegration was getting closer and closer, she could feel temperature rising, giant combustions right behind her. She was so tired, but she had to keep moving. Shutting down every unnecessary body function, she began her fight with emerging darkness raising in her eyes. Closing her eyes she could feel Silver somewhere near, but she couldn't work out her exact position. "I hope she can do it"
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:51 am

Silver's ears twitched as she heard Tsidia's voice shouting at her. She tried to listen to what she said, but could only make out a few words.

"...SUICIDE!...place...treasure way better...COME WITH ME!!!"

Piecing it all together, Silver figured out the point that the dragoness was trying to get across. She stopped her dive, watching longingly as her ringlet disappeared from her sight, never to be seen again. Motivation struck her to escape as she turned and saw the explosion off in the distance, making a cold chill run through her bones.

The IceWing followed Tsidia, getting as close to her as possible so they could communicate with one another. "You know, considering how horrible things have gone after, like, two seconds of knowing you," Silver half yelled, "I think I'll just keep flying the next time I see a dragon doing something crazy. I'll just keep my eyes forward and say 'no, Silver, remember that time you met Tsidia and she lost a piece of your jewelry right after nearly killing you in a giant explosion?' Then I'll laugh and take comfort in knowing I'll never let that happen again."

Despite her remarks, Silver flew as fast as she could. Exhaustion was starting to slow her down, however, and her breaths were becoming more rapid. She wasn't sure how much longer she could keep going.

"I don't...wanna look back," Silver said in haggard intervals, "are we...safe yet?"
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:15 am

Tsidia took a deep breath. It was extremely hard to forget about the burning pain inside her. She focused on the energy flowing through her. All colours except purple dimmed, leaving it to stand out in dominant spectrum. She could feel her body functions slow down, while she felt as she wasn't inside it anymore. She could feel every thought, every move, every consciousness nearby. Behind her magic inferno consumed everything in it's path, but near them it started to slow down, losing it's devastating power. It slowly started to stabilize itself. She nearly cut out of this state, when she felt that she begins to slow down, her body unable to support this crazy flight anymore. She knew she had very little time. She began scanning her mind, until she found the barrier. Behind it she could feel unlimited potential, but she was cut out. Gathering all her determination she pushed all her force against it, breaking it, and connecting to this limitless source. While it drained away her last portions of energy she was able to manipulate the storm behind her turning devastating force into magic barrier, covering them from the storm. In about a minute it would be all over. Unfortunately she wasn't strong enough to sustain the spell for that long. With her last resort she connected herself to Silvers mind with a simple message: "If you want to live let me in." Using what's left of her will she connected the spell to Silver, meaning that if she agrees it would drain her power instead. She couldn't fight anymore. Darkness covered her vission. She smiled, when she heard familiar voice singing her to sleep. After that she fell unconscious.
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:45 pm

Silver kept her eyes forward, flying for her life. Her heart was racing, blood pumping while her head throbbed. She’d performed strenuous activity before, but not regularly enough to warrant her being in better shape. Assuming she survived this, she resolved to perhaps allow Smoke to show her some basic exercises so moments like these weren’t quite as harrowing.

“I can’t…” Silver started. Suddenly, a voice entered her mind. Tsidia’s voice.

Let her in? Was this dragoness trying to tap into her mind? What was the purpose of such an effort at a time like this?

The IceWing looked around briefly at the magic barrier that her companion had constructed around them. It was far beyond Silver’s comprehension, but she was at least able to recognize their doom should she deny Tsidia’s request. For a moment, she actually considered the option of death.

What will that do? Silver thought, what will that reveal about me? What will she know? I may no longer have the upper talon during our interactions. In fact, everything about me could be discovered and revealed to the world. The dragons I’ve killed, the friends and family I’ve betrayed. I can’t risk it…

Yet, the white-scaled dragoness gave in to her survival instinct. She allowed Tsidia access to her mind, and the power that lay within. As if she weren’t exhausted enough from the flying, Silver felt herself faltering even more now that her willpower was being sapped at its very core. She could have sworn she was seeing dots blinking in and out of her vision, before everything went blurry and she plummeted toward the ground alongside the SkyWing. The hot sand scraping roughly against her scales.
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:37 am

Tsidia was standing somewhere. She couldn't determine her exact location. Everything was blurred, only the most important things were shining with details. In that moment her training kicked in. Something is wrong here. She ran reality check. It showed negative results. That's a dream... no, a memory. I don't remember this place. So this must mean that... her memory quickly retold her what just happened. ...these aren't mine memories. She erased herself from action taking observer position. I've seen that kind of symptoms before. This must mean that... no. I don't want to know. With that she left the event. All of us have secrets. If I knew EVERYTHING about EVERYONE I wouldn't dare to call myself better than an animal. She could feel a human standing behind her. When she turned around she a bright mark on his hand. He smiled deeply.
It's funny. Speaking with dead, inside mind that doesn't even belong to you.
I feel like someone is watching us.
Let me repeat: It's funny. Speaking with dead, inside mind that doesn't even belong to you. (He took a sheet of paper out of his pocket). Now, do you know where are you?
Inside Silvers mind I suppose.
No no no, not we, but YOU. On his paper appeared an image of Tsidia and Silver in the eye the storm, lying exhausted on the sand. The energy around them flew away letting them enjoy this show of nature in peace. Only except... It wasn't a dream anymore.
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:59 pm

The horizon had just turned an orangish red, glistening a beautiful array of colors off of the blanket of snow. Silver sat at the edge of a steep cliff and watched the sun slip away, granting visibility to the moon and the stars. It was truly a sight to behold, one that she wished she could enjoy on her own.

The IceWing took in a deep breath before another dragon approached and wrapped a wing around her.

“The sunset’s pretty,” he remarked, “not as much as you, of course.”

“You flatter me too much,” Silver responded with a giggle, “but you’re wrong. It’s not right to compare something so naturally stunning with something so unnaturally stunning.”

“What are you talking about? You’re as naturally stunning as they come!” The male IceWing feigned outrage.

“Oh please,” Silver turned her head and looked up at the lumbering dragon. There was a hint of a smile on her face. Upon meeting his loving gaze, however, it faded into a frown. “Sleigh...I think your mate knows about our affair.”

Sleigh’s eyes grew wide and he retracted his wing, looking down at the dragoness with concern. “W-What do you mean?”

“She’s no fool,” Silver said wistfully, looking once again at the sunset, “we just weren’t discrete enough. Word somehow had gotten out and eventually reached her ears.”

“My-” Sleigh stuttered, “I can’t...Silver, everyone knows about us? So they know that I’m…”

“Disloyal?” Silver finished, her jaw stiffening. “Yes, sadly. I’m sorry, my love, I truly didn’t intend for such news to spread beyond the two of us.”

Sleigh stood up, then anxiously began pacing. His expression made it look like he’d just been sentenced to death—by the standards of their village, he might as well have been. Infidelity was seen as one of the most unforgivable acts, and thus was punished swiftly by stripping a dragon of their title and some (if not all) of their treasure. The treasure would then be given to whoever had been cheated on.

On top of it all was the shame. Being branded as disloyal, and treated as though you were the scum of Pyrria. While not all villages were like this, the village that Silver grew up in was. Making it the perfect place to stir things up.

“B-But..how?! What of Sleet? How has she reacted to this?” Sleigh placed a talon on his head. “My whole life, everything I’ve worked for. It’s all ruined.”

“Don’t you worry about Sleet,” Silver said with an amused tone. She held out her claws and inspected them. “I feel that I handled her quite well. She won’t be getting one bit of your precious treasure.”

“What?” Sleigh’s attention focused on the IceWing dragoness, staring at her intensely.

Silver pointed with her nose towards the cliff, motioning for him to look over it.

Sleigh furrowed his brow and approached the steep drop. As he peered over the edge, he noticed something at the bottom. Squinting, he slowly made out exactly what it was that he was looking at.

The larger dragon’s face was drained of color. He looked suddenly weak, as though he were stricken with an illness.

“N-No...what did...is that…?”

“I believe the words you looking for are ‘thank you, Silver! I never loved her anyway! Now we can be together forever without worrying about her.’” The dragoness grinned. “It wasn’t easy to do, mind you. I had to break her wings before sending her off the cliff, otherwise she could just catch the wind-”

“You murdered her!” Sleigh’s voice cracked as sorrow gripped his throat. “You monster! You murdered my mate! She didn’t deserve any of this!”

Silver pretended to be shocked, “oh...you didn’t want her dead? I thought you would have. She was actually very annoying, so I doubted anyone would miss her.”

With a loud roar, Sleigh lunged at Silver, claws and teeth bared in aggression.

The dragoness recoiled, looking horrified by his reaction. “Wait! Don’t!”

Sleigh scratched his claw across her chest, leaving a bloody wound. Letting out a loud howl of pain, Silver tried to break free of the enraged dragon’s grasp. The hatred in his eyes said that he wasn’t going to release her any time soon, that he was going to end her life at that very moment.

“Enough!” Boomed a voice from a short distance away. “Sleigh! Desist at once or we will be forced to kill you!”

Silver turned her head and saw two IceWings approaching clad in heavy armor. It was obvious by their attire that they were guards. The same ones that she’d told to meet her here prior to meeting with her now ex-lover.

The rest of the memory became a blur. She saw bits and pieces, flashes of the guards imprisoning Sleigh after Silver said that he’d killed his own mate, then tried to kill her as well to cover up the affair. His fate was decided without so much as a second thought by others. She could taste the excitement after a ruling declared that all of his belongings be given to the dragoness to tide her over in her time of ‘grieving’.

A pleasant bonus was Sleigh’s formal execution after being given a guilty verdict. One loose end she didn’t need to worry about coming back for revenge.

A mountain of gold and jewels, all threaded together by lies and deception. Fake romance and murder. It took careful planning, but Silver was good at that. She’d always been adept at covering all of her bases and ensuring she got the most out of any given situation.

Her mind had to stay active. It was the only way she could possibly live with herself.

The howling winds awoke the IceWing to a much less pleasant world. The sand crawled over her, sending a chill up her spine. For a moment, she’d forgotten exactly where she was.

Then, suddenly, she remembered. There were the runes, the book, Tsidia, and the magical explosion. The same explosion that they needed to escape from as soon as possible.

Her heart racing, Silver lifted her head and looked behind her to see the devastation that had been approaching them before. To her surprise she didn’t see a bright light. No tidal wave of destruction was sweeping toward them in an attempt to claim their lives. The explosion dissipated, and the dragoness wondered if Tsidia’s magic had actually managed to keep them alive.

“Hey…” Silver tried to say, but her voice was hoarse. She coughed briefly before trying to speak again. “Tsidia?” She slowly made her way to the SkyWing and placed a talon on her.  “Tsidia, dear, please tell me you didn’t die on me now.”

Or if you are dead, at least have the courtesy of having something valuable on your person, she thought.
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:30 am

Considering her physical state for a moment Tsidia couldn't tell if she's still alive or not. Her eyes flashed dark blue for a second when she instinctualy checked for any threads in the area. Still confused she noticed a conscious thought process nearby. No, I'm not dead, and I don't have anything with me, besides that book of course. After that she managed to get up.Thanks for not letting us die by the way. Every part of her body hurt like hell. Don't know about you, but I'm not leaving here for at least 5 minutes. She looked around admiring the beauty of disintegration around them. Beautiful isn't it? It's pretty rare for that to happen. Silver was already planning ahead. You never take time to enjoy such things before they fade do you? Always rushing forward, wanting more. Always chasing things that look worthy. What for? Please consider this for a moment before you choose to ignore me. Imagine that you have EVRYTHING. That you could get any possession you want, just by thinking about it. It looks appealing right? Now years are passing. What do you want NOW? What are you looking for? What is the meaning of your life? Does it make you happy? Is it even worth living anymore? Now, I said that I will show you treasure and I will keep my promise. The runes we encountered were made of coal-based material. Writing itself was pure coal of course. Now, do you know what happens to coal, when it experiences such unimaginable pressure? Its density decreases turning it into pure diamond. Whatever you wish to take would be yours, but before you go I have an offer for you. If you choose to ignore it and come with me, I can show you something else. From your blurred memories I understood your personality trait better. You aren't a bad being as most would say it. You just physically can't feel empathy. I know someone who could help you with that. He could help you to... be truly alive you know? To give you a meaning. Tsidia gazed deeply into her eyes before turning away. On the other hand you can just take the treasure and never meet me again. The choice is yours alone. Tsidia prepared for flight. She already knew Silvers decision. However she had to give her a chance. Everybody, no matter who they are, deserve it. "Farewell greedy creature" - she thought before spreading her wings.
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:31 am

Silver was admittedly shocked by Tsidia’s words. While initially nervous, she resolved to look at the other dragoness as though she were speaking another language.

“Where is all of this coming from, my dear?” The IceWing scoffed, “just because I hunger for treasure doesn’t mean I’m some desperate, depraved creature. In fact, among our species I feel that my desires are rather normal.

“Quite honestly, if I could just think of something and get what I wanted, then I’d likely go insane. Half the fun of obtaining wealth or power is the process you have to go through to get it.”
An image flashed into her mind of a sobbing dragoness who’d lost her dragonet during one of Silver’s schemes. “Not to mention the dragons that you meet along the way. Some of them become quite important in your life.” Another image, this one of the IceWing plunging the sharp crystal at the end of her necklace into a sleeping SeaWing’s neck.

“I value all things, but most importantly, I value myself. I want to keep moving because...well, that’s simply how life works. Not all of us can afford to sit and dwell on every little thing.” She sighed and looked up at her horn. “For example, I’m choosing not to mope about the jewelry I lost. Instead I’m standing here and talking with you.”

Silver furrowed her brow and shook her head, looking slightly offended. “Lastly, you clearly don’t know enough about me, SkyWing, to be making such assumptions. I feel plenty alive, and do you know why?” she pointed back the way that they came, “because I allowed you to use my mind so that we would survive the explosion that you caused. Yet here you are, not long after sacrificing my own willpower, not to mention my own privacy, and you’re speaking to me as though I’m some sort of monster that is in need of redemption.”

She paused for a moment, then her expression lit up. “Wait a minute...you’re saying this after I allowed you into my mind. What exactly did you see in there? Something tells me that perhaps there has been a misunderstanding.”

With a grimace, Silver thought about the dream that she had. If Tsidia had seen any part of that, then the purple dragoness’ current behavior would make sense. At which point it would be up to the IceWing to explain herself, albeit in the best light possible.

“Also, to answer your question, I’m not going back to that chamber. I’m leaving this wretched area with you as soon as possible. I might even opt out of being in this desert once we’re far enough away from this storm.”

The IceWing made a mental note to ask Smoke to come and collect the diamonds later on, assuming they were still there by that time.
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Tsidia turned back. "Not a sound of regret" - she thought.Do you really think I'm stupid enough to believe in all of this? It just misses your character. I don't have to get inside your mind, to know what you've done. what you ARE doing. I respect privacy. They wouldn't call me a mind player if I just broke in everywhere, and took everything. I have more subtle methods. Tsidia let a breath go collecting her mind, starting to wonder where is she going with all of this.
But that seems like something YOU would say am I right? You could talk yourself out of every situation. You probably already have, many times before. How exactly do obtain all this wealth? You don't look like an adventurer. You don't trade, or fight for it either. Have you ever thought about who you really are? I don't think so, and you don't need to deny that like you probably would. You just keep moving. Pushing away the feeling of regret before it can get to you, but one day you will have to stop running away, and then it might be already to late. Also I do know you. I used to know many of you, before... ah It's a long story, that you don't care about. You try to blend in, but you really stand out. Answering your question I backed out before the "key" element of one of your spectacles. You don't need to explain yourself. I know every piece of you, possibly better than you do. Did you ever regret taking away everything from someone? That was the main question here. If Silver could for once look clearly she could work on that.
I'm not saying that you're a monster. I'm not the one to decide. I said that you lack empathy. You don't care about others emotions. You don't feel bad for hurting anyone. Manipulation is like your second nature. But all of this not your fault. It's unnatural for any being to be like that. It's a physical disorder that can be fixed. I say all of this, not because I want to personally attack you, but because... I care about you. You saved my life after all. And I want to show you life, which you never get to experience. I want to set you free from yourself. But I can't do it without you. If you deny, that's ok It's none of my buisness. You'll be trapped in your personal hell and spread it on others forever. but if you're not completely dead on the inside then there is another way. If there's a shadow of a tear in your eye
You can Still b e f ree. Whatever you choose, there's no turning back. Tsidia smiled and offered a talon.
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Silver spent a moment counting her mistakes. The first one was trying to fly through the desert. Not only was it miserably hot, but she tended to stand out quite a bit. The second was following the SkyWing into a storm, as it had been much more strenuous than she could have imagined. Her third mistake was trying to use a dragoness that was also a mind reader.

Of all dragons that the IceWing should have feared, a mind reader was definitely at the top of the list. Around Tsidia, she might as well have been an open book. Pages splayed open and her text bolded.

The SkyWing had called her out, and made her an offer again. She spoke words of hope for the IceWing’s mentality, but in reality, Silver didn’t see anything wrong with herself. Lack of empathy made life so easy. There was no grief or guilt, nor love to tie you down. In fact, it she believed her lifestyle was perhaps freer than most others. Emotion didn’t hold her marionette strings, no other dragon would be able to place a collar around her neck by making her care for them. How could that be a bad thing?

Silver’s expression went from surprised, to slightly annoyed, then finally surrender. It was clear that there was no point in trying to talk her way out of this situation. Not like she usually did.

“You are very persistent, aren’t you? Not so easily steered like other dragons I’ve met.” She flicked her tail to the side. “Yet, knowing what you know about me, you still find it in yourself to try and help me. You look at me with such belief that I could change…”

The IceWing looked to the sand, distracting herself a little by drawing a few shapes. “...I honestly don’t think there’s such a thing as changing someone so drastically. I don’t see a problem with my life. However, I truly have nothing to compare it to.” She looked again at the SkyWing, her blue eyes locking on to Tsidia’s.

“I can’t say that many dragons, or dragonesses in your case, have ever really cared for me. The real me anyway. I suppose I can’t fault them for that, though, since by the time they realize what I’m capable of I’ve already damaged them beyond repair.” Silver paused briefly before continuing. “I don’t regret taking everything from them. I never have. Some of my finest jewelry came from treasure that, I suppose, isn’t rightfully mine. Plus, so many others are just so easily fooled that it’s nearly impossible for me not to trick them.”

The IceWing looked at Tsidia’s talon, then trailed her way back to her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she extended and gently slipped her talon into the SkyWing's, holding it there for a few seconds longer than normal. “Regardless, I don’t see any harm in hearing you out, Tsidia...if only because I want to see what you see in me. Show me exactly why life is so much better with empathy.” She grimaced, “I know you said that there’s no turning back, but if I start noticing something that I don’t like, I will turn my back on you. I’m simply warning you so you won’t be surprised.”

Silver murmured before turning away and looking at where they might be going next, “and...thanks for caring about me.”
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:22 am

Tsidias smile slowly faded away as she heard Silvers tiringly long answer. She felt a little warmth within her hearth when she heard the last line, but she pushed it away leaving grating emptiness. So that is a decline. I'm sorry, but you just don't meet the requirements. Of course we could still do it, but without a sign of regret we would have to change the way your brain works. We would have to change your personality, erase what makes you, well you. Efficiently it would be death and rebirth, and all of this with a risk of simply killing you. That made her wonder, what if she simply murdered Silver? She imagined everyone that she hurt, killed, took everything away form. She felt unison with them. Hatred took over her, when she started seeing Silver as a target, a threat, but...
How would you describe a murderer of murderers? What does one become, by slaying monsters?
Tsidia left all these thoughts in a very long sigh. So I bet you're not interested in that. If there is nothing more that I can do for you then I'll be on my way -she said.
And in case you wonder, I'm not going to reveal any of your dirty secrets.
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:24 pm

Silver cocked her head to the side. That certainly wasn't the response she'd been expecting, and here she thought she knew dragons better than they knew themselves. She was intrigued by the offer, but started to grow frustrated when there was an impossible requirement for her.

“You do realize that you just asked a dragoness without empathy to have empathy, right?” She scoffed and shook her head, “you are quite the specimen, my dear. Full of contradiction and turmoil. At least, I assume there is some turmoil in that mind of yours, based on the way you'd broken down and sobbed earlier.”

With a frown she turned her nose up at Tsidia. “I don't much care for being killed, so that's out of the question. Sorry to disappoint you with my preference of living and keeping my mind.”

Silver looked to the SkyWing again. “Thank you for trying, or...well, I guess I shouldn't sugarcoat it now should I? There certainly didn't seem to be much effort on your part at all.”  She shrugged, “I saved us, admitted to what you saw in my mind (which you violated by the way), and even agreed to go with you to try and 'fix’ myself. Yet you're so eager to turn me down and fly away...it's almost as though you're toying with me.”

The IceWing looked up in thought for a moment and nodded her head. “Perhaps you and I aren't so different after all...”

Waving her talons dismissively, she ignored the theory for now. “Anyway, don’t let me hold you here any longer than I already have, dear. I myself may travel to somewhere a bit cooler.” She looked left and right, her eyes appearing slightly disheartened. “This desert has been a bad time from start to finish it seems. Smoke is going to get an earful of my complaining once I return to our cave.”
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:46 am

Tsidia watched Silvers frustration grow, as she (once again) responded in entire paragraphs. It was really hard for her to keep of track of everything Silver is saying. Maybe because she wasn't used to honest deep conversations since very long time, or maybe because she didn't care anymore. Knowing that there is nothing she can do, conversation with Silver is just a waste of her time. At least she was honest - she thought.
No, I'm not asking you for anything. I'm sorry. For a moment I believed that you could change, but once again I was wrong. It's obviously not your fault, you was born this way.Tsidia raised her voice unintentionally. To clarify I stepped back, refusing to see any of the horrible things that you've done. Tsidia knowing IceWing better was able to bypass her mental barriers enchanted by lack of any connection with other beings. In Silvers mind she added: Even though I could do it anytime. Before she left she left, she summoned an image of Silver smiling at a piece of jewellery resting on giant pile of dead bodies. Is this really what you want? Tsidia smiled a little when she heard Silvers little theory. We are nearly the same. I just found someone that showed me the right path. She fell silent for a moment looking at the IceWing. Is there anything else that I can do for you? - she said quite frustrated by now
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:41 pm

At this point, Silver felt that their farewell had been getting drawn out longer than she preferred. This SkyWing was as unpredictable as she was chatty. For a dragoness who sounded like she’d given up on trying to reform her, Tsidia certainly found a way to keep spouting nonsense.

Suddenly, an image flashed into her head. Combined with what the SkyWing was saying, she knew that the mind manipulator had intentionally shown her this thought. She was standing atop many corpses, staring at a sparkling diamond with a wide smile on her face. It wasn’t until the image dissipated did Silver realize she was actually grinning outwardly as well.

“That actually looked quite nice. I don’t necessarily care for sitting atop dead bodies, however, as that just seems...what’s the word I’m looking for? Unhygienic? Is that even a word?” With a shrug, she stood up, preparing to take flight.

“Anyway. I’ve wasted enough time here. I’m afraid anything that I do want you to do for me, you won’t exactly be willing.” With a lazy smile, she nodded to Tsidia one last time. “Have a safe flight to wherever you’re going. It’s a dangerous world out there, especially for a lone, small SkyWing such as yourself. ”

With that, Silver launched herself forward, spreading her wings wide and catching the wind.
Chrocey
Chrocey
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsidia, the mind player Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:02 am

Goodbye puppet master. - Tsidia said rather to herself than to Silver. After using such magic she still wasn't able to fly, instead she just watched silver scales getting smaller in the distance. She felt embarrassed that seeing dragon in flight was so majestic to her even though she was one by herself. "At least she was honest. One day I'll a way to save them" - she thought. Time Tsidia. Time will bring results. I'm glad to have you back. We should go now, if you're not planning on freezing to death. Tsidia spread her wings enjoying the feeling of air.
Enough talking for one day.

*/ plot closed /*
Tsidia, the mind player
Tsidia, the mind player
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down