Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Jura the SeaWing Guardian Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Jura the SeaWing Guardian Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Jura the SeaWing Guardian

4 posters

Go down

Jura the SeaWing Guardian Empty Jura the SeaWing Guardian

Post by Jura Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:52 am

(Couldn't post because I'm new and I can't post outside links for 7 days.)
Personal Info
Name: Jura Filek
Alias: Jura the Sturdy
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Jura cares deeply about her friends which is why she often seems a little cold. She doesn't want to get attached only to have them killed. Although she is very nice once a dragon make it's way into her heart. She is dedicated and determined to do what is needed for those she cares about. She doesn't care about how tall or strong someone is as long as they do their duty. This may have developed because she's so short. Despite her initially seeming mean and rough, she actually prefers to talk things out than to fight and will try her best to come to an agreement before resorting to violence.
Interests: actively helping the group, observing animals and humans, helping where needed
Dislikes: being alone, the unknown, squid
Fears: not being able to help when she's most needed

General Appearance
Height: 15 ft.
Scales: admiral blue with a carolina blue underbelly and stripes where she can light up.
Eyes: azure blue
Appearance: Jura is a small stocky dragon with two short blunt horns and little ears. Her tail is a little more rounded than most SeaWings and she has a short neck and thick skull. She also has short powerful legs that make her hard to unbalance.
Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: SeaWing
Inheritance: Pure Blood
Family: Parents are rogue NPCs but are still alive
Mate: No one and she's a bit hesitant to have one just in case something bad happens
Hatchlings: Needs a mate for some, though she's willing to adopt if a hatchling needs a home

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Jura is strong and practically immovable when she digs her feet in. She also knows a bit about healing and herbs, which is useful in emergencies in battles. She is also prepared to do anything, even give up her life, to help the group.
Special Abilities: Jura has the normal water breath weapon of a SeaWing. She shoots a jet of water that can knock back enemies and stun them for a few seconds. It can be used underwater but it works better on land than in the water. She can also breath underwater.
Weaknesses: Thanks to Jura's big muscles and short stocky legs, she isn't very fast or agile. She's also better at fighting in close quarters rather than at a distance.
Combat Style: She uses a combination of teeth, head, tail, claws, wings and body to attack her opponent. She rarely uses her breath weapon or the water.

Background
History: Jura was born to rogue SeaWings and left them when she felt that she was being a burden and was only another mouth to feed. She made a few friends, but they died and eventually she couldn't take it anymore and left to live in solitude, vowing that she could never care for another dragon. She eventually got sick of it though decided to join the SeaWing tribe. As a hatchling her mother had taught her about herbs and healing while her father taught her how to fight. She wanted to become a healer but when she saw that there were plenty of healers and hardly any guardians, she decided to become a border guardian.
RP Sample: Jura sat motionless, waiting for it to get just a little closer. She'd waited in this foggy, smelly, slimy swamp for far too long to not get it. The skinny deer looked around cautiously, as if it knew she was near. Then it lowered it's head to the water. Only for it to find jaws around it's head. Jura's teeth went through it's fur and snapped it's neck, killing it. Finally, she had something decent to eat! She left the water and climbed onto a mossy rock, putting the deer down and digging into it. It was so skinny it hardly had any meat on it. But Jura didn't care. if it hadn't some along, she probably would have starved in that puddle. As if to remind her of it, muck fell from her horns onto her claws and she flicked it away. After she finished her meal she looked around her little place. She absolutely hated it. SeaWings were supposed to be in lovely lakes, seas, or oceans, but here she was, stuck in a dincky swamp with hardly any fish or animals. She was tired or it. All those tribes took from the rogues, saying that they needed to feed their people. But didn't the rogues need food too? And not every dragon was comfortable with others. Her belly rumbled, telling her that it didn't care, it only wanted to be filled. She was getting a bit lonely... Maybe it was time to give the SeaWing tribe a try. She looked down at the remains of the deer. She'd cleaned the bones and then gnawed on some of them. Yes, it was time to go. She'd only ever heard her parents mention it, but she knew she could find it. All she needed to do was find the ocean.

Last edited by Jura on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:54 am; edited 6 times in total
Jura
Jura

Female Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Jura the SeaWing Guardian Empty Re: Jura the SeaWing Guardian

Post by Artemise Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:18 am

Hi there, Jura! Welcome to DRF. I'm Artemise, one of the character moderators on this site who will be grading your app today. Just a thing or two to tweak before I can give you your first approval.

Combat Style:

Jura wrote:She uses a combination of teeth, head, tail, claws, wings and body to attack her opponent. She rarely uses her breath weapon or the water.

Breath weapon? This should be mentioned in Special Abilities.

Scales:

Jura wrote:admiral blue with a carolina blue underbelly and stripes where she can light up to speak Aquatic

Just a side note, in case you don't know: Although this site is based off of Wings of Fire, not every user here has read the series, so I doubt that there will be many SeaWings on the site who can "speak Aquatic" with your character. You can keep it there, though. I'm just saying. ^^

~

That's all, for now. Bump when edited [post bump on this topic to notify me of the changes in your app].
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Female Posts : 371

Back to top Go down

Post by Jura Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:34 am

BUMP

I thought this was a lot like Wing of Fire. It was too much like it not to be. Just has a few changes. Anyways, by breath weapon I just meant the general one that SeaWings have. And with the whole speaking Aquatic thing, I don't know how to actually speak it I just put that there for more description. I just remembered reading about them speaking it in their tribe RP.
Jura
Jura

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:49 am

You need to elaborate on your "water breath weapon". How powerful is it? Is it just a small spray of water meant to wet other dragons, or is it a large burst of water strong enough to knock other dragons off their feet? Can she use it underwater? Are there special conditions needed to use it [e.g she cannot use her water breath if her surrounding temperature exceeds 30 degrees Celsius]? And so on.

If you have trouble  with your special abilities, below is a good example of how you should elaborate on your character's water breath.

Qualzexcta Jaguasa Dermain wrote:"He can also shoot a powerful blast of water at his opponent. Underwater, the force of this attack can shock/stun enemies, but it can't hurt them. Above water, it can push enemies back and cause minor injuries."
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jura Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:00 am

BUMP

oh, wow, I didn't realize you wanted so much detail. I just assumed that all SeaWings had the same thing.
Jura
Jura

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:23 am

Nope, not all SeaWings have the same ability. Take a look at some apps in the Approved SeaWings section; not all of them have the water breath ability mentioned in the Wings of Fire books. Although DRF is based off of WoF, there isn't a "must" for all SeaWings to have the water breath/all FireWings to have fire breath/etc, and the users are free to come up with any ability they like, as long as it's not too overpowered and makes sense [for example, a FireWing can't possibly breathe underwater, can it? Unless it has some SeaWing heritage, it's not possible]. You'll see that most of the SeaWings here have more than just water breath for their special ability.

And yeah, details are needed for special abilities. That's just how DRF is. The more powerful the special ability, the more details needed. Take a look at Arte's app. Just click the name in my signature.

Anyways, nice app ^^ I'd like to RP with you someday. Maybe using Aquaria, since she's the only SeaWing I have currently. You can see her app in Latest Topics, though it's not finished yet xD

1/2 APPROVED
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jura Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:48 am

Actually, SeaWings don't have a breath weapon in WoF. the only use their tail to make waves. I can understand it though. I'm just used to the usual a certain species has this and that. I like all the customization here. Though even as much as I like WoF and think Tui T. Sutherland is a genius, I kinda wish DRP was more original. It adds things, but it also copies a lot.But I'm excited to join in this. And help add to the number of SeaWings. They have the least people and most of them are healers. So I decided to make Jura a guardian. It makes sense. The more you know the less you have to question and the less mistakes you'll make. Like I said, I just assumed there was the same for everyone, so I thought it didn't need describing. Takes me a little while to get used to a new RP site and it's rules, but I'll get the hang of it eventually. You wanna RP with me? Awww, thanks! Yeah, I saw her thread. I hope to be able to RP with you soon! Thanks for approving me.
Jura
Jura

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:59 am

No problem ^^ Now, just wait for another member of the staff to get to your app. Meanwhile, you could log onto CB and chat to us, if you want to.
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tezz Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:25 am

Approved 2/2!
Tezz
Tezz

Male Aquarius Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Nice Bio Razz

Also seawings ftw XD
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jura Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Thanks! Yeah, SeaWings are pretty awesome. Too bad not as many people like them.
Jura
Jura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down