Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Urgency In Ink [Tenebris & Apolis] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Urgency In Ink [Tenebris & Apolis] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Urgency In Ink [Tenebris & Apolis]

2 posters

Go down

Urgency In Ink [Tenebris & Apolis] Empty Urgency In Ink [Tenebris & Apolis]

Post by Apolis Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:19 am

It was the quiet hours in the Icy Mountains of the IceWing Kingdom. And deep into a crystal cavern was Apolis's, former Councilman of the IceWing Council, private chambers. They were like any other hovel. A desk, some bookshelves, and other appliances you'd usually see in a dragon's chambers. The ground was illuminated by special crystals that grew only in IceWing caves, they would glow and reflect off the other stones in the cave, making it quite the beautiful chamber. But it acted at a source of light as the large wrym would sit at his desk with a blank scroll and ink next to it. Vince, a loyal messenger who served him during his time in office, sat a the entrance of the chambers in a patient silence.

Apolis looked down at the paper before dipping his talon in the ink, thinking of the ambition he had. The IceWings' growth has stunted. Their territory was the harshest of all of them all, although their food supply was stable, in this sort of condition and with such large dragons, it wouldn't be too long before they wandered away from the territory. A new Queen was in charge now but yet not one leader can seem to build a strong central government. They were running out of land and they were being pushed back into the corner of Pyyria. At this rate, their population wouldn't grow and they would gain no political authority. So unfortunately, Apolis had taken it upon himself to begin an operation that would go down in history of Pyyria. And it started with these next few letters. Apolis began to scratch down words onto the paper with his inked-talon.

"To the Archon of The EbonWings,

I, Apolis, former Councilman of the IceWings, write to you with the highest respects possible but also with a request. IceWings, I fear, are fated to be bestowed a harsher lifestyle if we do not due change. For years, we have tried to obtain more territory for our own, if we tried at all. But all peaceful attempts have failed. Unfortunately, a peaceful negotiation has fallen out of our options and we must resort to other possibilities, whatever those may be. I humbly request entrance to your island(s) to rendezvous with both you and I, along with other summoned leaders for this cause. Thoughtfully, we must act now before we must wait even longer decades to act wistfully once more. The officials we shall summon to your humble lands shall be discussed after this exchange of letters. Please respond as soon as possible.

Highest regards,
Apolis of the IceWings.

Along with that, Apolis and rolled the letter up with the official IceWing seal and handed it to Vince, of which he would head to the isles of the EbonWings at that instant, as the exchange of letters began.
Apolis
Apolis

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Urgency In Ink [Tenebris & Apolis] Empty Re: Urgency In Ink [Tenebris & Apolis]

Post by Tenebris Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:50 am

Tenebris had called his retainers and personal cortege to leave his presence as he now remained alone in solace within the audience chamber of his Citadel upon Shadow's Refuge, the sealed parchment of Apolis was within his black ink stained claws. Sat upon his silver throne, the lavishes of the atrium were oblivious to him. Only the large stain glass window behind the throne bearing the heraldry of the Ebonwing Potentate cast light within the room. The braziers of the hall having died out without the summons of attendants to preserve the fuel.

A grim expression was upon Tenebris's visage, his indulgence of the letter's contents were of a paramount nature. The wheels of fate had seemed to have thrust these concerns upon Tenebris and while his eerie sapphire glare continued to take in each word over and over again a calling radiated from deep within his soul for his response. There was no need to call the court to discuss this matter, the act would be bound by Tenebris's will alone. Raising from his seated position he moved with elegant grace yet with the haste of purpose towards the position within the Hall usually occupied by the executive clerk of the court. Taking the parchment and dipping his index claw within the ink pool which was crafted into the onyx desk itself he began his reply.

Mutual partner.
I receive your words with anxiousness, it would seem the very face of Pyyria is in turmoil. Know the Icewings are not alone as the plague of chaos and anarchy runs rampart throughout all our civilised communities, it would seem that the winds bode darkness for all kin of claw and wing. To this end, as we stand upon a threshold, a turning point in our world I agree that it is of the utmost importance that we hold a congress of like minded individuals to bring about the rightful future on the path we walk.

I will see to the lodgings of yourself here upon the isle of Aeterna Dominus. I desire to discuss more of these proceedings face to face before committing to serve as the proprietor and host of this larger ambitious meeting. Take me up on this offer and you and your retinue will be met upon the borders of the Isle to brought straight to myself.
Moons blessings upon you.

Tenebris  
Archon of the Ebonwing Potentate
Lord-Protector of the Isle of Aeterna Dominus
Arch-Duke of the Potentate.

Satisfied Tenebris released a faint sigh under his breath, he raised his head as he sealed the letter with his personal sigil, two Dragons rampart to one another one holding a scepter as a sign of sovereignty and the other a sword to represent might. With that, Tenebris grasped the parchment delicately as if cradling a hatchling before making his way to find a courier.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Apolis Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:22 am

It wasn't long before Apolis had received a well written response from the Archon, reading it's contents and delicately tracing the writing with his talon. Apolis had no doubt in his mind that these islands were as exquisite as it seemed. But the EbonWings were a very young tribe that doesn't have much of a history besides their relationships with the NightWings.

Apolis had the messenger wait once more before he retrieved another blank scroll and began to scratch his writings onto it,

"Archon of The EbonWing Potentate,

I will gladly relocate myself to your islands as soon as possible. I find myself in a chipper state as I have read your writings, and deem myself to be relieved that you have approached my saying with an open mind. And so I thank you for such thoughtfulness.

If I may, I will be able to approach your islands at the sun's rising tomorrow, unarmed and alone. Take into consideration that I say nothing on the IceWing's behalf, but only my own. However, I shall also share details on my end with the new IceWing official whenever possible. If privacy is an important factor to our future discussion, please notify me of the details you would like exclusive to you and I alone.

Thank you,
Apolis of the IceWings."

It was a short response but it was all he needed before he sealed it up once more and sent it away. Meanwhile, Apolis had began to prepare for his trip to the isles tomorrow morning. Navigation wouldn't be a problem with his maps and other navigational objects, and the destination was not far from arrival. Quietly, Apolis readied himself.
Apolis
Apolis

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:50 am

Tenebris met his courier in the Courtyard of the Palace, his dark foreboding form casting a shadow upon the younger messenger, he thought to commend the speed of his envoy but his eagerness to read the contents which he carried demanded all of his attention. His emotions never betraying him, Tenebris remain stoic and apathetic as his claws grasped the missive, opening it in study of the subject within.

As he continued to read, he made a notion with his long serpentine neck out of acknowledgement and dismissal of the courier. Contemplating the scroll, there was no more words which needed to be exchanged between himself and Apolis. The court of the Ebonwings would be signified and be prepared to meet whatever retinue would come to the Isle.

Sometime later Tenebris summoned another messenger to his presence, this time there would be no letter of regards or formalities as Tenebris handed over a Silver seal, bearing the Ebonwing heraldry. Crafted by one of the more prestigious Silver workers of the Potentate, the courier would no doubt explain to Apolis the purpose of the seal. The sign that proved that the will of Tenebris was being done, to be shown to the patrolling Eclipse guard upon passage into the domain of the Ebonwings.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down