Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus] - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus] - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus] - Page 2 Empty Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus]

Post by NightFlare Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus] - Page 2 Tumblr_myxy6mkfYJ1souo92o1_400

It was around seven o' clock, at the far side of the NightWing territory. The moon shone brightly overhead, its brilliant rays sending magnificent sheets of beauty down to the earth below. The great, large conifers that surrounded this side of the NightWing forest would creek and groan, their immense presence warning off intruders. Small, woodland animals would dart back and forth between the great stumps, their little eyes darting across the barren landscape.

A dragoness would sulk across the terrain, her eyes appearing lazy, and her body posture relaxed. But her mind was as alert and vivid as ever. Her slender, smooth body would move between the shadows like a snake.

She was on the hunt. But not a hunt for food. A hunt for a special flower, that only bloomed at nightfall. Her eyes would scan her surrounding. Around her neck hung a satchel. Inside were a few more precious herbs and minerals.

With a huff, she'd jump over a rock, continuing her search.
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Female Posts : 236

Back to top Go down

Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus] - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus]

Post by Primalus Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:16 pm

"Whoa," Ferrum remarked as he stepped inside the seemingly small cottage, "It's like it's bigger on the inside."  Looking over all the shelves in the house, he saw plenty of herb and spice books, but nothing about mechanics or the inner workings of machines, which was his main interest.  As Ferrum followed the overly excited NightWing to her kitchen table, he said, "Sure.  I'll have some tea.  I mean, if it's not too much trouble for you.  What kind do you have?"
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

http://primalus.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus] - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadows of Vengeance [Private Primalus]

Post by NightFlare Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Perfect.

"You name it. I have Green, Oolong, white, black, herbal, cinnamon, and much more." she would say with a small chuckle. Disappearing briefly into the other room, she would come back briefly, walking over to a wall with decorated tea cups, then glancing over at Ferrum, awaiting an answer. He was such an innocent, young, strong dragon, she no doubt assumed.

That made her job all the more fun.
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:32 pm

"Do you happen to have any Earl Grey?" Ferrum asked.  She was being so nice and kind to him.  He had never experienced this feeling before.  It's almost like he felt...  Loved.  As he looked around, he saw many teacups.  There were ones embroidered with flowers, others depicting mountains and rivers, and even some with dragons on them.  He didn't really care which teacup he got.  They were all so beautiful and he would no doubt be entranced by whichever one he got.
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Nightflare would smile, and nod her head, exclaiming something affirming that she did, indeed, have that kind, before that sweet smile would disappear behind the wall, leaving Ferrum alone with the tea glasses. It was a rather nicely decorated set, propped beautifully up against the wall for all to see. There was a nice table for Ferrum to sit by, as well. Directly in front of him was a door, likely leading to the bedroom, or elsewhere.

Where Ferrum couldn't see, Nightflare was preparing the tea. As she picked up a tea bag and filled it with tea, she walked over to a strange bag of herbs, picked up a few leaves of that, along with a leaf of the ghost orchid, and dropped it in the teabag as well, putting it in the hot water, and letting it set.

This would do perfectly.

After about five minutes or so, Nightflare returned with two cups of tea. She placed one in front of Ferrum, and took the other glass and enjoyed herself a drink.

"So, Ferrum, how long have you lived around here?" Nightflare asked, trying to shoot up some friendly conversation.
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Ferrum took a sip of the tea.  It had a slight bitter taste to it, but other than that, the tea was perfect.  "I've lived here my entire life," he explained, "My parents...  Weren't around when I was younger and I raised myself."  He never let anyone know this much about him.  What was going on?  It was almost as if...  Ferrum was getting to like her.  Shifting awkwardly as he drank the tea, his nose began to twitch, like he was going to sneeze.  He only had one sip left of tea before it was all gone, and he planned to get it down before the sneeze came.  Just as he was about to swallow the last of the warm drink, he felt it coming.  It was too late to take down the tea now.  He bent his head backwards and let out a sneeze that sounded like a tree had just fallen.  Tea went everywhere.  It splattered all across the table and some even got onto the floor.  Ferrum's eyes went wide as he began to profusely apologize, "Oh- Oh my goodness.  I- I am so sorry for that."  Looking around for a towel or something to dry it up with, he resorted to just using his forearm to wipe it all up.  The tea was absorbed by his scales, just like water normally was.  It would keep him hydrated for a while, at least.  Looking up at Nightflare with shame and embarrassment, he said, "I- I should go.  Thank you for the tea.  And... I'm incredibly sorry about that."  He stood up and made his way to the front door of the house.  As he opened the door, a cold breeze blew through the house and Ferrum's vision began to get foggy.  "Wha-?" he managed to get out before he collapsed on the ground,  fast asleep.
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:44 pm

"Ah, that's a shame. You seem quite civil for someone who, quite simply, lived in the woods their whole life." Nightflare would say with a small chuckle once more, watching him with her bright purple eyes. Her soft scales would reflect some of the bright moonlight, and her purple aura would shimmer a bit, giving her a majestic appearance. When Ferrum sneezed, she shook her head, telling him it was no problem. If he needed to leave, she wouldn't keep him here.

However, as soon as he reached the door, he passed out. Good. The drugs had worked quicker than Nightflare had anticipated them to. She had hoped he would stay longer, so he wouldn't suspect anything when he woke up the next day, but when they started as soon as they did, it made Nightflare chuckle. If the gods were on her side, she'd thank them. But all she had was the void.

Walking over to the body, she'd haul it over her shoulder. Then she moved him across the room. Setting it down softly in the bedroom, Nightflare would move to a wall. She wrote down some ancient runes, and said some old text, and suddenly, a hidden door appeared from seemingly nowhere. Throwing the body back over her shoulder, she descended down, into the darkness below.....

(This dream is Ferrum's, by the way)

Running. You're running now. You know that if you stop, he'll catch you. That thing. It isn't dragon. It isn't even mortal. You pray to the gods that you will survive this, but you know they won't hear you. They can't hear you. So you just keep running, your eyes wide.

Something grabs your leg. Dark, liquid, yet hard, oozing a black gunk. It's some kind of oily tentacle. More grip around your body as you trip. You try to scream, but your mouth fills with the black gunk. You try to cough it out, but more is pushed it. You're losing consciousness now.

You see the beast. It is a monster. And it is the last thing you see.

It was the next day. Nightflare is by Ferrum's side, gently stroking his head with a damp towel. She knows he'll awaken soon. She'll give her explanation for what happened. So she waits. The nightmare will wake him shortly.
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Ferrum woke up coughing.  That nightmare.  What was it? he thought.  Looking around, he saw Nightflare looking at him.  There was a damp towel on his head.  He shook it off and looked around.  Where am I?  How did I get here?  All I can remember is...  Staring at Nightflare with a puzzled expression on his face he asked, "What happened?  All I remember is that I was about to leave... And then..."  He drew a blank as he tried to recall what had happened.  The dream was fading from his memory fast.  Trying to hold onto it, Ferrum tried to remember all the details of the monster that he had seen in his dream.  He could only get a faint outline from his memory, but that was more than enough for him to go into town and ask someone.  Or I could just ask Nightflare.  She seems to know a lot about herbs and stuff.  Maybe there's something that I ate that gave me that nightmare.  He never suspected that Nightflare had caused him to pass out.  She was too nice to do anything like that anyways.  Right?
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Nightflare blinked, watching Ferrum wake up in a coughing fit, before he practically smacked the damp cloth out of her hand. She watched him for a moment as he tried to regain his senses. Once he snapped back into reality from the cold sweat of the dream, Nightflare decided to elaborate on what happened. "You blacked out. I rushed over to you and you had an incredibly high fever. I've managed to drop it down lower, but you still have one. It must have been some kind of virus that you've been carrying around that you didn't know about. How are you feeling?" she added, concern flashing in her eyes.

She wouldn't leave the room. Not quite yet. And she couldn't test the theorem, either, for fear he would grow suspicious. So for now, she sat patiently by his side. Ready to go get some things to cure his 'fever'.
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Ferrum felt his head. His scales were beginning to dry out from his high body temperature. "I had no idea that I had a fever," he said weakly. Still wondering what was going on. He felt like he was laying on his rock on a hot night, but his scales were never this dry. He was incredibly parched and asked Nightflare, "Do you have any water? My scales are drying out again." Getting up slowly, he groaned in exhaustion and said, "I'll just get some myself." He had to keep pushing himself to go on. He wasn't the kind to lay around and do nothing. Inventing was his muse, and Ferrum couldn't let that slip away from him, even if he had a slight fever.
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Nightflare watched his response. Of course he didn't. When he said that he needed some water, before saying he would get it himself, Nightflare shook her head. "Nonsense! You're much too weak. You hit your head when you fell, and you had a fever of 105. Stay here, I'll get you some water and some medicine. In the mean time, use this cloth." she said with a warm smile, pressing the damp cloth to Ferrum's head, before quickly leaving.

She soon came back with some water to soak the cloth it, dripping it across Ferrum's scales, along with some drinking water. She then gave Ferrum some herbs. She whispered something he couldn't understand. He was starting to feel better already, but he would still have a headache.
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Ferrum's head pounded like there was a drum inside of it. Drinking the water, he coughed once more as he began to choke on it. He sighed gratefully as his scales were rehydrated and laid down on his stomach. He didn't know where he could have gotten the virus from. He was hardly around any other dragons, and he could smell sickness on his prey, so he would never hunt sick animals. Oh, gods. I feel awful, he thought, feeling his body temperature rising. He coughed again and looking into Nightflare's eyes, obviously in pain. I need to push through it. I've still got so many things I need to do.
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:30 pm

Nightflare would reach for some herbs, dropping them into the bucket of water, before dipping the cloth back in the water, and adding some more moisture to Ferrum's scales. She placed the cloth against his head, whispering some more. She then left to go get something, returning with some more herbs.

"Here, eat this, it will help, I promise," Nightflare said, holding up the herbal mixture up to Ferrum's mouth. Once he ate it, he would feel a little bit better.
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:35 am

Ferrum reached out and grabbed the herbal paste in his mouth. Wincing at the awful taste, he swallowed it down. Within minutes, he began to feel a little better. Looking into Nightflare's eyes, he asked, "How long have I been carrying this virus around?" Coughing once more, he rolled over onto his back and stretched out, feeling like he was well enough to go, even when he wasn't. "I should really get going," he said, worried that the sun might be out.
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:49 am

A small frown would write itself across the large dragoness's lips, her eyes sorrowful and contemplating. She seemed to be questioning something. Though the thing she was questioning seemed to be far beyond his grasp. And even anything he guessed, such as he she was thinking about if she was contemplating the sickness, would be wrong. For she was just wondering something involving the things she had placed in the tea.

"I don't know. Roughly a week, I dare say. It stayed pretty well hidden, and came out all at once. You're lucky it didn't turn into something lethal," the dragoness would say with a sigh. When he said he needed to go, Nightflare shook her paw dismissively. "You're much too sick. Here, I'll make a deal with you. If my herbs work, you should be in hunting condition by tomorrow. So why don't you just rest until then? I will fetch you anything you would need."

NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:22 pm

"No, really, I'll be okay," Ferrum said confidently. He couldn't let a little fever take him down. He had to go do something. And he still had many things involving war to plan for Oculus, the Nightwing leader. Struggling to get up, he looked around for an exit from the cold room that he was in. There were visible doors or anything that he could see immediately. How do I get out of here? he thought, slightly worried for his safety.
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:56 pm

A concerned expression would flash across Nightflare's face, as she stared down at Ferrum. This expression of concern would flash away for just a moment, to one of contemplation, then mold back into understanding. Then a small smile would trace itself across her lips, and she would let out a low, soothing laugh, seeming to fill the room with its warm embrace.

"Are you sure, my dear? You don't even want to stay for a day or two? My, are you really so eager to get rid of me?" she would say, a slight playfulness to her tone, "It really will do you some good to relax for a couple days and let this fever go down. You underestimate the dangers of a fever. However, nonetheless, I cannot keep you locked up in here. If you wish to go, I can escort you to the location where I found you."
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Primalus Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:04 pm

Ferrum, feeling slightly guilty for wanting to leave so quickly, decided that he could maybe stay for a few more hours.  "Well," he said, sitting on his haunches, "I guess I could stay a little longer.  I don't have anywhere to be right now."  He looked around and asked, "Where are we?  I don't remember this room in your tour of the cottage."  He sniffed the air around him and smelled the same tea that they had been drinking the previous night.  Right before Ferrum's embarrassing moment.  His mind was instantly clouded with negative thoughts about his past.  The first thing that he had ever remembered was the feeling of being alone.  Brushing the thoughts away, he looked into Nightflare's kind eyes and softly smiled.  She was beginning to feel like a sort of mother to him.  She cared for him in a way that no one else had.
Primalus
Primalus

Male Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2