Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Echo of the Ice Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Echo of the Ice Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Echo of the Ice

4 posters

Go down

Echo of the Ice Empty Echo of the Ice

Post by Echo Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:22 am

Echo of the Ice Sapphi10

Personal Info
Name: Echo
Alias: None
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Echo is quite the quiet kind, he strongly disagrees on violence, though he will fight for what he holds dear the most. He is shy, but when he is with his friends, he can be talkative. Most of the time he is in a happy mood, though he doesn't show much emotion on the outside. It's hard to make him angry, so he never really throws tantrums. He's more of an insider than an outsider, he takes feelings seriously and feels more deeply instead of the light feelings others have. He believes intelligence and wisdom is needed to win a war, not just brute strength.
Interests: Echo enjoys to sit down alone on a ledge and look out over the land and reflect on his life now and then, he loves discussing problems that require thinking and logic with his friends, he likes to do logic puzzles, he also loves to learn about the uses and secrets of magic whenever he can. He loves reading!!!
Dislikes: Echo strongly dislikes violence and arguments. He also dislikes being near extremely hot places, and loud noises. He also dislikes ones who show off.
Fears: Echo is afraid of having a slow and painful death, or seeing others die a slow and painful death. He will do anything to avoid it.

General Appearance
Height: 100 ft
Scales: His scales are shaped like elm leaves, and perfectly symmetrical. The scales range from sky blue to deep sea blue depending on where they are on his body. The edge of each scale is razor sharp, and jagged just like an elm leaf. Touching the scale from the wrong side may cause cuts.
Eyes: He has eyes the color of deep pools of water.
Appearance: Echo has two horns that curve upwards slightly and end in a sharp point that are deep sea blue, a large sharp medium blue crest that runs from between his horns, down his spine, and to the end of his tail where it ends in a crescent moon shape which is the color of his horns. He also has a crest under each cheek the same color as the crest on his back. His under side is a metallic color. His wings are like a bat's but slightly longer, and the edges are razor sharp as a last resort of defense in close combat. His wingspan is 185 ft across. The wings are sky blue, but as the wing gets closer to the body, there it melts into a medium blue. His whole body is covered in sky blue scales. His claws are the color of ice, and they are sharp and hard enough to leave gashes in the hardest of rocks. His tail has sharp ice spikes in it that he can fling, which they will grow back quickly so he can fling again. He has a necklace with a mysterious glowing purple gem on it. He has a diamond shaped glowing purple gem imbedded in his head on his forehead.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: Icewing
Inheritance: Purebred Icewing
Family: Icewing mother and father, his father went missing and his mother died. He has an unknown sister who's also an Icewing.
Mate: N/A
Hatchlings: N/A

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Although he dislikes combat, he had to train in case of emergencies. Echo is good at far range combat, he is a deadly aim with his ice spikes he flings from his tail. He's a deadly aim with whatever he's flinging/throwing/shooting/etc. His Ice spikes are sharp enough to pierce through tough hide, and he could aim to fling spikes in between his enemy's scales. The spikes sting and hurt. He's good with defenses, magical and physical. He'd spent many of his years learning how to perfect a celestial shield, one that's extremely strong but only lasts for fifteen seconds to his front though it does sap away energy. Penetration of the shield would require lots of energy as one would need to hit it again and again many times to weaken the shield before the shield actually breaks. Once he's focused, he will never stop until he's finished. He's smart due to many logic puzzles he's done. He has small knowledge of healing, and has ideas of hunting and fighting strategies. Since he's much of an insider, he is more resistant to hypnotism, reading of his mind, or anything to do with the mind. It's like there's a second Echo inside his mind.
Special Abilities: He has a glare which can freeze anyone on the spot and intimidate the opponent into leaving, missing attacks or doing something that will stop them from attacking, for example turning three circles to dizzy the opponent. He rarely uses his skill unless he absolutely needs to. It IS an actual power that works. If he's holding more than 10 and less than 25 dragons under his glare he can only hold them for up to 10 seconds, but he cannot make them do anything as it takes way to much energy. He can hold dragons for up to 2 minutes. (The 2 minute only applies to 10 or less dragons) When he has a dragon under his glare, the dragon cannot break out unless he drops his glare. If a dragon were to brake out, it would take a medium amount of energy that the dragon would be slightly dazed for 2 seconds after breaking out. If another dragon were to put a solid, non-transparent/translucent object in between Echo and the affected dragon(s), the glare would be broken.
Weaknesses: Being an Icewing, when he is close to high heat areas, the head plays with his head conjuring mirages and illusions. He is also not so good at close combat, since his wings are large. He is limited to use his special power once in every ten minutes, and holding the glare for a long expanse of time saps away at his strength little by little, depending on what he is intimidating the opponent into doing. When he is defending his mind, he is usually not paying attention to what's happening around him, more of what's happening inside him so when he's battling inside his mind against control or mind-readers, his attacks on the outside tend to be limited and more clumsy.
Combat Style: The usual talon and freezing breath, though he prefers to stay back and fling objectiles and protect others.

Background
History:
RP Sample: Crouching behind a rock, Echo narrowed his eyes and focused directly on the intruder dragon. He could hear the other dragon's tail scraping along the ground, a sign that he was tired. Moving silently behind the dragon, he stalked the dragon a few minutes before letting out a low growl. The other dragon, hearing his growl, spun around. "Who are you to be here?" Echo asked, positioning his tail ready to throw spikes incase the dragon attacked. "Why are you here within Icewing territory?"
Echo of the Ice Sapphi10

Last edited by Echo on Mon May 02, 2016 7:53 am; edited 23 times in total (Reason for editing : Some places needed changing)
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey
Location : Somewhere in a parallel universe where you'll never find me >.<

Back to top Go down

Echo of the Ice Empty Re: Echo of the Ice

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:29 am

This looks good, just a couple things. When you say he is a deadly aim, what do you mean? Does it mean he can aim for anything and hit it every time? If so, it would be a good idea to say that he trained to be able to do this. I doubt one who really doesn't like to fight would just happen to be that good without training. Also, why/how is he good at defense?

You need to explain you special ability a little more. I'm not sure how a glare can cause someone to miss an attack or become frozen with fear. Is it an actual power, or does he just hope that by glaring at them, his opponent will suddenly decide to leave?

Last thing, you need to add a little more to your weaknesses. Why are annoying sounds a weakness? Your special ability should also have some kind of limitation as well.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:28 pm

*BUMP*
Check the changes plz Smile If there's anything else please let me know.
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun May 01, 2016 2:21 am

*BUMP* // anyone? //
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sun May 01, 2016 7:11 am

I think the maximum height for IWs is 100 feet xD
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Female Posts : 371

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun May 01, 2016 9:40 am

Actually, Artemis, the max height is 120ft.

Well, Echo you did address the problems, which is good... But there's a few more things to fix.

First, hypnotism is a banned ability, so you don't need to have that as something you can defend against. What can your celestial shield defend against and how long can you use it? Is it easy to break through?

Second is your special ability. With your glare, you can make others do something. What is it that you can make them do? Keep in mind that you can't control what another character does. I noticed he can hold up to 100 Dragons in his glare for as long as they're looking at him and still make them do things. 100 is too much for a mortal. 10 or under is more acceptable. Also, how long does your glare last? I know you said as long as they're looking at you, but if that's the case, how can you intimidate them into leaving? Wouldn't the effect wear off as soon as they did? Or does this only apply to those that you have frozen in place? Just wanting to clarify. Either way, you should state how long you can hold someone in your glare.

The first line of your weakness is a little confusing, so I'm not sure exactly what happens.. Can you clarify?

Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun May 01, 2016 10:41 am

*BUMP* please check and reply soon, I cant wait to RP
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun May 01, 2016 11:15 am

You forgot to remove the last line of your ability, the reduction from 2 to 1 mins. Other than that, you still need to explain what things you can make others do when using your glare.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun May 01, 2016 12:05 pm

*BUMP Hope to be approved Smile Please let me know if anything else needs to be changed. Please reply ASAP.

Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun May 01, 2016 12:36 pm

Alright, calm down.
So, you said how long he can hold more than 10 Dragons, and how long he can hold less than 10. But how long can he hold exactly 10 Dragons in his glare?
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun May 01, 2016 12:56 pm

*BOOP* Sry, but I can't calm down... Need to RP Smile
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun May 01, 2016 2:08 pm

You haven't stated how long he can hold 10 Dragons. Also, is his glare easy to break? Just do that and you'll be ready for approval.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Mon May 02, 2016 2:12 am

*BOOP* If there's anything else lemme know ASAP
I WANNA ROLEPLAY ALREADYYYYY (sorry if that sounded rude xD It wasn't meant to be rude)
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Mon May 02, 2016 4:34 am

Hi Echo

Normally other staff members dont intercept an app in progress if its already taken by a staff. This is to avoid confusion. But I will try and follow from what Baldi has given you and expand upon it.

You haven't really stated if ita glare is easy to break. Just states that the hold ceases when he drops his glare. If a dragon is caught, what can they do to escape the glare?

Im assuming your celestial shield can block all sorts of attacks? You didnt state how much strength is required to break through it. If its hard to penetrate then I will need you to state in which direction does the shield block. I will not accept a shield that completely shields Echo in a dome or sphere for 15seconds.

Bump when ready.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

*BOOP*
Anything else? Lemme know ASAP
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Mon May 02, 2016 5:02 am

So it takes huge amoubts of energy just to break out 1 glare that can affect up to 25 dragons? Thats far too overpowered. A more better way for dragons to break out, in my opinion, is to pretty much put a solid object between them to block out the stare. It shouldnt cost them too much energy to break out at all.

Bump when ready.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Mon May 02, 2016 5:16 am

*BOOP*
I'm sorry, it said 50 seconds, didn't it? It was supposed to be 10 >.< and, I said more than 10 and less than 25 being held for only 10 seconds and Echo cant make them do anything... Isn't that okay? Plz lemme know
Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 02, 2016 7:04 am

"If a dragon were to brake out, it would take a significant amount of energy that the dragon would be too weak to continue it's attack. If another dragon were to put a solid, non-transparent/translucent object in between Echo and the affected dragon(s), the glare would be broken."

Sly said it shouldn't cost one too much energy to break out of the glare. They should be able to do it by themselves, not need someone else to do it for them. It makes you overpowered in a 1v1 fight. Please fix this.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Mon May 02, 2016 7:55 am

*BLUUMP*

Echo
Echo

Male Aries Monkey