Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !]

2 posters

Go down

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] Empty Monster Hunter Group [Now official !]

Post by Hyruu Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Well hello again, since there were people interested, let's get started !

For those who didn't see the last topic, the idea is to play a game together, which will be Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It's going to be through emulator, so nothing to pay, and no high-end PC required, it even works on my phone !
So, what is Monster Hunter ? For those who do not know the franchise, the Monster Hunter games revolve around a group of hunters trying to bring down impressive beasts. The game is extremely challenging, but also rewarding when you do master it as an experienced hunter can take out a monster while avoiding all its attacks. When you slay a monster, you do gain components associated to it, which in turn allow you to craft new weapons and armors. The games feature a variety of monsters, each with their own intelligence and patterns, as for example some monsters will have armored parts, or on the contrary weak points. There are also a variety of weapons to master, ranging from long swords to daggers, lance and shield, or bows.

Interested ? Good. Then let us get to the setup. You will need three things : the game, the emulator, and the networking client because we will need to simulate a local network.

The game : You only need to download the ISO file, which can be found here : http://www.emuparadise.me/PSP_ISOs/Monster_Hunter_Freedom_Unite_(USA)/157920

The emulator : We are going to use the PPSSPP emulator. Here is the link to their main site, the rest is pretty straightforward : http://www.ppsspp.org/

The network client : I did search a bit, and so far the most convenient seems to be Tunngle. You can find it here : http://www.tunngle.net/en/download

Once you're done downloading them, you're good to go !

Before we settle a date to play together, you can already try the game and test the various weapons. Once you will have done the first cinematic, you can proceed with the tutorials in order to learn more about the game. There is one choice that you will have to do extremely early, and it is the choice of your main weapon. All weapons can be tested for free by doing the weapon training, and you will have a basic weapon of each type in your chest. Feel free to experiment !
I am going to make a brief description of all the weapons here, so you can get a first idea and know what to use.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151024184144 Great Sword : Always dreamed big ? Well, let me tell you this one is bigger than you'd imagine. Like, this big. This sword is extremely slow, and you'll have a hard time running with it. But your hits will hurt bad, and if a monster decides not to move, your charged attack will get quite a chunk of its HP down. The blade is so large you can even use it to block. All in all, a tactician's weapon, as careful positioning and charging will be keys for your victory.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151024170006 Long Sword : The great sword thinner cousin, the Long Sword sacrifices the capacity to block and charge your attacks for additional mobility and sharpness. This blade will build power the more you attack, and you can unleash this power to totally ignore a monster's armor, slashing even through rock. Its range and quick attack speed make the Long Sword an excellent choice for people preferring to relentlessly assault their preys. My personal favorite.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151025112102 Sword and Shield : The Sword and Shield makes a perfect balance between the Great Sword and the Long Sword. You retain the ability to block and the mobility, but at the price of some damage. The wielder of Sword and Shield is the only one being able to use items while having weapons drawn (as you will notice they use their weapons left-handed). This weapon is extremely versatile, faring well against all monsters due to the possibility to dodge and block attacks.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151024183210 Dual Swords : The impressive Dual Swords are the best at inflicting damage. They feature an impressive attack speed, allowing its wielder to strike their foes fast. This makes them extremely interesting to apply status effects, as they are the ones with the highest rates of status effects. The mobility can be temporarily sacrificed by activating the Demon Mode, which delivers a flurry of blows but drains the stamina.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151024190849 Hammer : The Hammer is a surprisingly mobile weapon. The Hammer is extremely good at breaking monster parts, and are also extremely useful as a direct hit on the head can literally stun the monster. A good weapon for those who prefer to strike where it counts while keeping mobility.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 35?cb=20151025094318 Hunting Horn : The Hunting Horn is a sort of modified hammer, which features a pretty unique gameplay. Each of your hits make different tunes, and each combination of tunes make a special effect, either buffing party members or imbuing the hit with extra damage. ...I will be honest, never understood this weapon.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151025102605 Lance and Shield : The Lance and Shield is the ultimate bastion of defense. They possess the heaviest shield around, which lets them absorb even the mightiest of hits. They do sacrifice their mobility for this, but the trade-off is worth it in the ends of a master. Slowly tire the enemy while keeping yourself safe, this is the philosophy of the Lance and Shield. Tempest's favorite from what I got ^^

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151024185913 Gunlance : Extremely similar to the Lance and Shield, the Gunlance has one main property : the tip of the lance can actually fire a load that inflicts massive damage, but quickly wears your weapon dull. I don't have a lot to say on that weapon as I admit I never played it, Tempest will probably be able to tell more about it.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151025103728 Light Bowgun : The Light Bowgun is one of the two Bowgun weapons available in the game. The Light variant doesn't impair your movement speed, and can use some special kind of munitions. All in all a versatile ranged weapon for hunters who prefer to quickly relocate after firing.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151024192351 Heavy Bowgun : Like its name suggests, the Heavy Bowgun is much more imposant than its Light counterpart. It compensated the slow movement speed while unsheathed by surprising fire power, and the ability to attach a shield on it. If you feel like holding a position in the distance, this is your weapon of choice.

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] 36?cb=20151024174635 Bow : The Bow is an extremely mobile weapon. Arrows can be dipped in special liquids that will alter their properties, such as adding more power or poison. The bow is the weapon of choice for someone who enjoys mid-range, keeping the ennemy busy with arrows while being far enough to avoid damage.

... And that settles the presentation. So have fun testing the game, and let us plan a moment to play together !
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] Empty Re: Monster Hunter Group [Now official !]

Post by Zerelth Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 am

Ill join and im taking the gun lance
Zerelth
Zerelth
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Male Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Group [Now official !] Empty Re: Monster Hunter Group [Now official !]

Post by Zerelth Mon May 16, 2016 6:10 am

OK i was playing the game but it wont save Sad
Zerelth
Zerelth
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Male Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down