Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only]

3 posters

Go down

Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only] Empty Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only]

Post by Cosmos Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:50 am

In one of the largest instruction chamber, Cosmos, the largest of the EarthWings, would lurk. It was a rather dull morning, and after caring to his adopted son and daughter, Eluuna and Aevon, he decided it was a good morning to teach. He walked towards the front of the chambers, where he would stand and grasp the attention of those who would sit and listen, organizing his scrolls and inks of various colors and density. It was soon that the room began to fill with youth and elders alike, itching to learn how to heal, craft, and something as simple as learning the history of their ancestors and Pyyria's dragons. Since retiring from his kingly status, he had taken up the job of Instructor - He was already very well informed with their history seeing as he lived through it, raised children to become one amongst gods and leaders, and honed upon the tribe's skills. He had been very skilled in the field of healing, vulcanry, and basic history, and was very willing to share that knowledge and skill.

About an hour had passed before he turned to face his peers and students, smiling weakly as the aging brute addressed them. "Quite the early birds, eh? We've been busy lately, building Erde and all. Heh. But let us not delay our lessons, shall we?" He ascended his upper half from the ground and directed the class to the empty areas of the room. "Who is here for what?"

(In this topic, those who want to kill time with history, learn to craft, or heal will be taught in a short amount of time. Experience in these fields are required for the tribe's success.)
Cosmos
Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only] Empty Re: Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only]

Post by Rii Rii Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Rii slips through the halls taking sure to keep out of everyone's way. Her long body unfortunately was a tripping hazard for the taller and large earthwings, she she constantly kept an eye on where her rear end was in relation to the dragons around her.

Au and her eggs were again being watched by Rye. He had gained a bit of her trust after the first time she had gone out to hunt and left Rye along with Rhune to watch each other and the nest. They had been fine then, and she hoped that they would be fine now. If something was amiss when she got back Rye knew what the consequences would be.

Rii really wasn't leaving for long. Just stretching her legs, checking on the healers den and the medical herbs, making sure no one stole her materials that she worked with in the forge area, and then heading back to grab food for Au and herself. However Rii was ever distracted by the other things happening all around. Erde was still being built, and although she had helped to build during the first quarter of the process she had to stop when the eggs suddenly came. She was still on medical leave to care for the nest, but Rii was itching to be of use again in some way. Not that she wanted to leave her nest to anyone else, but the greenish blue dragon felt as if she were a leech on the tribe at the moment.

Her eyes drifted to a younger dragon rushing into a huge room. Cautiously Rii poked her head into the room unsure if she was allowed to be there or not. Her ears caught the deep gravelly words of an absolutely giant earthwing, the biggest she had seen even, and Rii visibly cringed. She did not want to anger him in any way that was sure.

His words, as gravelly as they were, had a gentle almost joking tune to them which relaxed her a bit. Then her eyes drifted around the room to spy all of the earthwings gazing at the tall one almost impatiently. So he is either a teacher, a wise elder, a scholar, all three or a mixture of two... Rii wondered if he could help her out with healing herbs. As bad as it was she just couldn't stand the healer she most often saw. Nara was often times the only dragon available for Rii to learn from to advance her healing knowledge.

Just then someone outside tripped over her tail making Rii jump. She turns to apologize but the dragon had either been in a hurry or disappeared into the crowd as she moves her body inside the giant doors that led to the classroom.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only] Empty Re: Haven's Instruction [Open/EarthWings Only]

Post by Hyruu Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:28 am

Rhune was out in the city, enjoying a small walk. Now that his health wasn't much of a concern he liked to look around and hopefully learn new things. Even though for the moment it was more like bumping into everyone while looking away from where he was walking. Strangely a lot of Earthwings had taken a good habit to let him some space when he was in town, since Rhune was quite easily recognizable with his small horns. Those were barely starting to grow back.
Among the crowd, Rhune suddenly spotted Rii. The dragoness was surely getting some herbs... She must have decided to do that on a hurry, since she didn't wait for his return to ask him to keep her eggs. The green dragon decided to head toward her, in order to offer his help. Rii went inside a building, and Rhune followed her.
Rhune's attention got drawn by a really large and old dragon inside the building. He had heard some Earthwings could reach that size, but that was one of the first times he was seeing it with his own eyes. Rhune stood behind, a bit intimidated by the figure.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Cosmos took note of the students wanting different lessons. Some wanted to treat wounds, others wanted to prey on the knowledge of former generations. But it was uncommon, but expected, that very few, little to none, wanted to try their paws in the field of vulcanry. The wise, aged brute chuckled hoarsely at the competing subjects. "My my, it seems that we a class full of varying potential. But let us not wait any longer. Let me introduce myself..." He smiled and paused, rolling up his scroll and tossing it aside jokingly, "I am Cosmos, The Second and former King of the EarthWings, Father of Baldirak and Rylatha, and a wise Instructor of this here Haven. You may find my size notable, but fear not, I would not hurt a fish if it would not satisfy my hunger." He gazed to the class and proceeded with his lessons, addressing the two at the entrance. "Hello there kiddos, have a seat. Or stand. Either way is fine."

With two younger assistants setting up the areas, he continued to lecture the class, starting with vulcanry. "I know that most of you are not thrilled by the idea of vulcanry but we ask that you have knowledge of it. This Haven was built specifically where the tunnels collided in a area of prime materials and ores best fit for craftsmanship. Because of this placement, experienced and amateur alike, may have access to only the most rare and best of ores for the most rare and quality of equipment. Vulcanry is a skill which requires both patience, accuracy, and discipline. The difficulty of crafting the armors is completely dependent on it's purpose. Most of our armors is based off of solid material held together by materials of greater density and durability. Weight, comfort, space, dependability and durability all come into mind with every piece. We ask that you only know how to work your equipment and how to fix your equipment as needed, not necessarily craft them. But, you may on your own time or may confront me when available." He stood towards his crafting bench, smelted steel flattened across the surface. "We will address the arts of Vulcanry later on. But onto the next topic: Healing and Treatment. For generations, EarthWings have bested every tribe in the arts of craftsmanship and healing. Is it by nature that we know how to apply medicine to our wounds? Tis not! But by basic understanding of our bodily functions and reactions! It is required that you all know how to treat yourself and others, or have some basic understanding of such! This skill is crucial for our self-productivity and success. We could have an entire lesson of when to use one herb if we had liked to. Because one herb can have tens of effects! The most common injuries we have come across for the past three years are scrapes, bruises, and other lacerations. And a common herb that can be grown right above the Haven is Aconite. Otherwise known as Wolfsbane. This herb treats bruising, pain, fevers, and hypothermia. Apply this herb to the wound physically or in the form of a liquid, powder, or ball. However! Like every medicinal treatments, too much of it may backfire. Aconite is very poisonous, and ingestion may lead to nausea, vomiting, weakness, sweating, breathing problems, heart problems, and death! However, EarthWings have the natural immunity to poison, or at least a very strong resistant. But never be too carefree of the consequences. Yes, Aconite can be used as a poisonous device but should never be targeted towards someone with no threat." He continued on...
Cosmos
Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:59 am

Rhune blinked as the older dragon introduced himself. So he was Baldirak's father? Wow, he truly was big. As he instructed him and Rii to come closer, he obeyed and sat a bit closer. He carefully listened as the huge dragon began his lecture, his eyes wide opened. That was so much knowledge... He really wanted to listen, but soon enough he started to get a headache. That speech was a mine of information, but there were too many words. Trying to understand everything at once was quite impossible for him. Ugh, he would have to ask Rii something about that headache... It wasn't the first time this was happening, about every time there was a large speech like this.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:01 pm

(Well I'm going to ruin such nice long posts with a little one. ;-; )

Rii hadn't noticed Rhune come up behind her until the grande male addressed the two of them by the door to come in. She also didn't notice that Cosmos was talking to her and Rhune as he called her a kiddo and Rii was not used to males calling her that. She didn't move until Rhune started walking past her and sat with the other dragons.

Rii then edged forward confused about the whole situation as she wasn't here to be tutored and neither had she meant to be noticed by the large earthwing. However, as he introduced himself Rii couldn't help but follow directions and sit with the others beside Rhune out of respect for Cosmos. Knowing that he was the kings father and was as old as he was she decided to stay and wait out the lecture because Rii did not want to offend him by leaving even when there was so much she could be doing right now.

She grew instantly bored of the introduction to forging lecture and of the vulcan topic altogether. Rii could teach them a thing or two about said topic, but she would rather keep her mouth shut and let the elder dragon do the talking again because she didn't want to offend the massive beast.

When he moved on to healing she became more interested. She knew basic herbs like the fungus ergot, the plants goldenrod, hellebore, fireweed, pineapple weed, lavender hyssop, wild rose, true lavender, rosemary, the trees white willow, black birch, black cherry, scotch pine, and many other plants bushes and trees that had medicinal purposes. However Rii did not know all of them, especially the magical varieties that grew in Pyrria. In fact she only knew of one magical mushroom that grew in the nightwing territory near the palace that was much like hellebore in what it treated. As she passed a curious look to Rhune, Rii spots the tell tale scrunched eye brows of a dragon with a head ache. She sighs then waits for Cosmos to finish. When it became apparent that he was going to keep going she tasted at the air hoping to smell the distinct freshness of peppermint. Her tongue stroked the air hoping to find any particles of the herbs smell floating through it.

Rii raised her wing to get Cosmos's attention and ask a question if he would let her. She hoped to ask him if she could use the peppermint that was locked someplace in the room. She knew she smelled/tasted it somewhere in here.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Cosmos had continued to lecture his class. But he had already known that the aged voice he had bestowed upon them was aging their interest, leaving them in a bore. So, his voice grew soft until he was in utter silence. A few of the students had perked their ears, not detecting any noise in a shock. But Cosmos had only smiled and opened his maw to speak once more. "Next to me you'll see an assortment of various herbs and medicinal items used to treat lacerations, bruises, and bleeding... and it is better for you to get paw-on-paw action on this rather then listening to it," He exclaimed and leaned down as his right arm ascended to the meeting point of his maw, and bit down on his arm until blood was spewing from the wound, a large crunching sound had shocked the students, though some had sat in shock, and others hurried to the assortment of herbs, "What you see here is a large, bleeding laceration which needs to be tended to immediately before it goes numb or loses too much blood. By that time, you'll have to act fast for it to be able to function to it's former glory. I am bleeding rapidly right now, and I want any student who has the guts and perseverance to come tend to me. Bandages are next to the herbs. You have ten minutes before I treat it myself." He chuckled nonchalantly, but with a subtle harshness in his aged voice. The pain was there, and was growing, and did not expect much from the bystanders.

(P.S, Cosmos ignored you. ;w; )
Cosmos
Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:11 am

((No worries, Cossy, I'm not the one that's going to bleed to death because Rhune couldn't listen to everything XD))

Rhune had tried to stop listening when the pain in his head started to get worse. The problem was that he couldn't prevent himself from listening, and his mind was involuntarily racing in order to understand what was being said. This had happened a few times already, but with Cosmos's speech this time it was worse.
Rhune suddenly heard gasps among the crowd and looked at what was happening. All he saw was that Cosmos was bleeding, apparently having bitten himself. Rhune's mind was too fuzzy to really understand what was going on, but at least there wasn't any coherent speech his mind was trying to process. The headache wouldn't get worse for now.
Looking around he saw Rii was with him, and he remembered that he didn't greet her yet, having been too absorbed by the beginning of the speech to to so.
"Oh, hello Rii." he managed to greet her before frowning again with the headache.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Rii's wing began to ache as she kept it raised waiting for Cosmos to call on her, however he never did. Instead the teacher bit open his arm so far that he punctured some rather important veins. The blood began to swell and drip onto the ground by the time Rii was up out of her seat and pushing through other dragons to get to the herbs.

Are you freaking kidding me? There are better ways to teach than to maim yourself! Rii hissed out her angry complaint while grabbing up the ergot which would slow down the flow of blood, goldenrod, marigold, and aloe all for a poultice. Rii had to make a quick decision to trust the male dragons healing abilities or to quickly cauterize the wound with fire to stop the bleeding immediately. She looked again at the wound and decided to trust his own healing abilities. Then she grabbed the yarrow as well and brought the herbs quickly over to Cosmos.

Eat this quickly. She ordered Cosmos to eat the ergot she had brought him. The woman had made sure to bring the right amount for his size to weight ratio. Then she quickly got the other herbs ready.

In what seemed like record time she had made a poultice mixture of all of the plants she had brought over. Rii was actually glad for the blood coming out of the wound while she did this, for it cleansed the wound enough that she did not have to drag Cosmos over to water to wash it. Instead she applied the poultice directly onto the wound then quickly wrapped a large bandage around it. She then wrapped her muscular tail around his arm just over the injuries and pressed down hard to help stop the bleeding. Why she did this with her tail and not her arms was because a lot of pressure was needed to stop someone form bleeding, and her arms were not strong enough for this task. However her long muscular snake-like body was more than good for this task. Rii stayed like this curled around the wound for some time not moving even if Cosmos wanted her to. Just tell me if you start to not be able to feel your leg anymore. She said quickly still mad at how easily the dragon had been able to injure himself. She was the exact opposite of him. Rii did whatever she could not to get hurt. Maybe it was because she was a coward who feared death, but she didn't care what others thought. It was what had kept her alive all throughout her life as a rogue before the tribe.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down