Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Abilities need to be judged Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Abilities need to be judged Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Abilities need to be judged

2 posters

Go down

Abilities need to be judged Empty Abilities need to be judged

Post by Ventus Coelus Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:45 am

So I am going through this guy Ventus's abilities trying to match up to his parents. I think I've hit a good balance between both but I need to make sure that he's not too OP with that last ability I've given him. I am posting the weaknesses and his battle style along with this because both would be changed if I am forced to change the abilities, and they may help you to decide whether he is overpowered or not.

Take into consideration that this guy is 3/4 icewing and 1/4 firewing. So far I have decided to have Tulvir passing on his physical attributes and none of his fire attributes. So in theory Ventus is all icewing though his scales are orangey red with blue tips. So is everything below this okay?

Special Abilities:
Ventus can breath a column of ice that can slow any non firewing or non firewing hybrid opponents movements to three quarters of their average speed. While he cannot freeze these dragons solid this ability serves its purpose in slowing the dragons down enough so that he can attack or flee depending on the situation. This breath was given to him by his fathers icewing hybrid blood.

Ventus can also shoot small mouth sized sharp icicles from his throat and mouth to impale opponents should they not be fast enough to dodge the attack. This icicles are great for long range attacks, whereas his ice breath does not shoot farther than fifty feet. This attack was given to Ventus by his mothers icewing blood.

(This last one I'm not sure about)
Lastly, Ventus can actually meld into ice and pass through it or stay within it without being harmed. He also does no damage to the ice, rather just slips through it like a wraith might. He can sense where he is within the ice so that he does not get lost. While this is not an offensive attack, being able to hide inside a glacier away from a horribly strong opponent is a great way to not get killed. This defense is the unique ability of Ventus.

Weaknesses: Physically Ventus is not as strong as his mother or father since he acquires both of their speed and stamina. Fire is a big weakness to ice. He could get easily burned just from sitting in a place too hot for his own body. Being three quarters icewing, Ventus can be killed by flames despite being a quarter firewing. This is somewhat annoying as Ventus lives with his father in the firewing tribe where fire and heat make his life relatively miserable. Water is not too much of a problem for the young dragon. Ventus can swim but warm oceans are problematic and give him hot flashes. Lightning is a problem as well since being hit with a bolt would super heat his body. Ventus would probably get badly burnt by a lightning bolt. Both light and dark powers wielded by lightwings and nightwings do equal damage to the mostly icewing dragon.

Combat Style: Ventus will use all of his abilities while fighting, but will use different strategies against different dragons. For example, if he is paired up with a dragon faster than he is on land or air then he would try to use his ice breath to slow down his opponent. However because his opponent is faster there's a high chance that Vinny's attacks will miss. He won't start attacking with his spear-like tail, teeth, or claws until he knows he can land a hit on the other dragon.

Now if he's set up against a dragon of equal speed or slower than he is Ventus might forgo using his ice breath entirely. Instead he would use tooth and claw against his opponent. His tail would be used like a lance and his small icicle bolts explained above would be used here as well.

In either case if he can't beat an opponent and knows it Ventus will try to run or hide. While he lives in the fire tribe there is no place for him to hide within the fire or lava of the volcanoes, but if he is near water or ice he would be able to hide within them. Though he can't hold his breath for a quarter as long as most all of the seawings. So after about ten minutes he would have to surface for air again.

Ventus Coelus

Male Posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Abilities need to be judged Empty Re: Abilities need to be judged

Post by Hyruu Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:00 am

This seems nice to me. A nice set of abilities that don't end up overpowered but just strong with the right mind
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down