Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Fear and Courage Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Fear and Courage Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Fear and Courage

+4
Vilkas
Akull
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Rii Rii
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fear and Courage Empty Fear and Courage

Post by Rii Rii Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:03 pm

(OOC: This might be more than a visit.)

Rii had escaped from the nightwings territory. She was sure that the least they would do was torture her if she was caught leaving them. Now that she had her sister Mairii back all Rii wanted was to be someplace safe.

However the rogue lands were not safe anymore. Not since the nightwings had begun taking them over. Paranoid about sleeping someplace where they might attack her again the female had been traveling near the borders of other dragon tribes. She figured that the nightwings would at least keep away from the other tribes to avoid fighting with them. It was on the second night that she found the young dragon and took the abandoned child from the icy crags of the mountains. The third night she had carried the young child with her to allow it to rest and recover. The fourth night she had been in a forest hiding inside of her own tunnel curled around the hatchling when the she dragon remembered the home of the earthwings.

Nobody since her parents had welcomed her to their home like the earthwings had. Even Adair had not offered to take her to his tribe, and even if he had she would wonder if his tribe would even welcome her. The earthwings though, didn't seem worried about her at all. The healer and the vulcan were curious about her but not threatened it seemed. Rii thought long and hard about what she was about to do and could not see any other option. She had to stay away from the nightwings, and she could only see herself staying with the earthwings. Though she also feared losing all of her freedom, Rii feared torture and death more, and so hoped that the earthwings would be friendly once more. She also feared for the child with her now, that they would not accept him.

Rii left Au for a short time in the tunnel outside of the earthwing's territory then sealed the tunnel up to keep out predators. Of course she left an air hole for the child to breath, but Rii hoped that the young dragon would stay put with the fresh kill she had left it while she acquired them a new home. Then she quickly traveled over earthwing territory rushed and unsure of their future.  

The slender dragon galloped through the trees keeping her wings as close to her body as possible. Her shining scales glittered underneath the dappled sunlight filtering through the thick canopy of trees. The sun was high in the sky as the woman found her old half made tunnel. Quite a few months ago she had quickly made this tunnel to get away from a rather annoying giant eagle, and then the earthwings had found her.

She had accepted that the eagle and Rock had been allies of sorts after noticing their relationship with each other during her first meeting with them. The woman was actually hoping to run into an eagle or one of the earthwings in order to speak with them. Though ultimately her goal was to speak with the earth king.

She passed by the old half made den on her way closer to the cave that she had stayed in for a while when the earthwings had kept her captive. While Rii didn't want to just barge in on their home unannounced she wanted to be someplace more safe than just sitting like a duck in rogue territory. She hoped that by staying at the cave just a few miles outside the earthwings tunnels that somebody form the tribe would come across her and alert the others so that she wouldn't have to scare them on accident.

Last edited by Rii on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Fear and Courage Empty Re: Fear and Courage

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:58 am

Vilkas, now 8 Dragon years old, was in the very cave Rii sought to stay in. And thanks to his dark coloring, he blended in, only his eyes were visible. He laid there, sulking and in punishment. The 60ft tall EarthWing had let his inherited temper get the best of him... again. But unlike the last time, Vilkas had decided to take out his frustration on the Haven by taking on his mutated form and stomping about, destroying things. And so his uncle, the King, had sent him to the surface, forbidding him from entering the Haven for a week. This seemed a harsh punishment for an 8 year old, but Baldirak felt it important that everyone knew he would not be lenient with his family. Plus, Vilkas had been warned twice before.

However unfair the punishment seemed, Baldirak had reminded his nephew that there would be few, if any, bigger than him on the surface. And most of those things were 'allies' to the EarthWings. Vilkas sighed. He had already been here for two days and still had five to go. He was completely bored above all else, but also lonely. In addition to being banished to the surface, he wasn't allowed to have visitors. No contact with any of his friends or siblings, no one at all, unless there was some kind of emergency. The only upside to all of this was the fact he could finally explore without getting in trouble for leaving the Haven. And for most of the day, that's exactly what he did. He walked around, usually only to the borders of the SeaWing and FireWing territories. The latter was a bit more dangerous, but he was always careful. The SeaWings weren't too much of a problem since they rarely patrolled their land border.

But today, Vilkas stayed inside. It was a tad warmer than he, even being half FireWing, was comfortable with. As he laid there in the dark cave, he watched the shadows from clouds move over the grass. On occasion, a bird or prey beast went by. And then he heard something curious. There was a slight trembling in the earth, something was running in his direction.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Akull Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:13 am

Cradore was assigned to watch his majesties nephew. He didnt really want to. He wasnt really watching Vilkas, more like listening to the surrondings. He was currently underground. He was low enough that no one would know he was there, but high enough so that he could know where they are. So he was listening to Vilkas when he heard a snake-like giant near. He waited to see if it woud come any closer.

Akull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:31 am

Rii walked closer to the cave slowing her pace as she crossed a day old trail of the scent of another dragon. She lowered her head and let her long tongue flicker in and out several times as she analyzed the scent. It was a younger dragon, with earthwing tribe scent, and the youth was a male. This might not be so bad. She thought quietly while picking up her long neck and arching her head downwards to look towards the cave.

Hello? Is anyone there? She asked calling out gently towards the cave entrance. Rii did not want to surprise the young dragon with her presence.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:42 am

A low growl rumbled through the cave. The 'glowing' eyes disappeared for a second before becoming visible again. Vilkas could see the Dragon was female and didn't appear to be a threat. In fact, she even seemed familiar. Had he seen her before? Vilkas decided to act fearsome and attempted to summon the deepest, scariest voice he could muster. "What do you want, she-Dragon?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Rii tilts her head to the side curiously as the young dragon tries to growl threateningly at her. She chuckles a bit then wisely quiets herself. This dragon was far taller than she was, about forty feet or more, and he was of the earthwing tribe. Though she was far longer than him, and was confident in her ability to defend herself should he cause trouble.

Thing is, Rii didn't want trouble, and she was quick to calm his nerves about that with her smooth words. I just want to join you in the cave. I used to stay here when King Baldirak let me visit the tribe... She tried to keep her words as non threatening as possible. The woman kept the words captive and anything close to rogue out of her explanation since she wanted to give the best impression to the young earthwing.

Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Villas tilted his head. Now he remembered and his tone changed as he got up. "Oh, I know you! Well, kinda... I mean I remember seeing you around the Haven. Uncle Dirak said you were a... prisoner of sorts." Vilkas walked closer to the front of the cave. He was now beginning to resemble a porcupine. His spiked scales were longer and stuck out more than before. And some of them were starting to take on a green color, as we're his claws. "I wouldn't mind you staying here, but I'm here for punishment. I'm not allowed to have visitors... But I guess it'll be okay... It's not like I'm being watched. So, what brings you back here, uh...?"
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Rii nodded, although she was a bit annoyed that he remembered how she was a prisoner. The whole time she had been there Rii had not felt like a prisoner. She had felt more like a guest. Especially considering how the nightwings had taken her prisoner and their treatment of her. Rii greatly appreciated the earthwings despite how she had been held "prisoner" by them.

Thank you very much, I needed a place to stay before talking with.. your uncle? Baldirak the king is your uncle then? She asked rather surprised by that bit of information. She noted how the dragons features changed shape and color, further surprised by his ability. Could all earthwings do that? She looked at herself happy to see that almost the same shade of green in her scales were in this young dragons talons and scales as well. It almost made her feel good to be somewhat normal.

I actually needed to talk to the king about joining the earthwings. I've found that I tire of the danger that is rogue life, and I long for the security of a tribe. Though it may be hard for me to adjust at first..
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Vilkas nodded back. "Yeah, he is. I wish I was still 4 years old; he let me get away with things all the time... So you want to join us?" The demi-god smiled at the thought. He certainly wouldn't mind there being another half EarthWing around. "I'm sure Uncle will let you stay."
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:23 am

I hope he does.. She comments back truly wishing for the earthwings to allow her the honor of living among them. Being a rogue for so long meant that she was well rounded when it came to skills, and Rii had much to offer the tribe. She was an excellent hunter, due to her tracking and stealth related skills. There was also her basic knowledge of herbs and plants to use for injuries to account for. The woman knew how to defend herself, and could fight if she had to. Lastly the she dragon had an eye for rocks. She could sniff out most metals and gemstones while tunneling around or searching above ground. With her firewing heritage she was able to actually set fire to and bend metals to make things should she so desire.

Rii arched her neck gracefully as all these thoughts helped to settle her wariness. They won't send me away, not when I'm such a valuable asset. she thought quietly before glancing to the young dragon. Well I won't get you into trouble by being around during your punishment. I'll just tunnel over in the back of the cave a bit to get comfy. She dipped her head knowing that this wasn't exactly a farewell but not knowing how else to finish the meeting and be polite at the same time. Rii did not want somebody angry at her because she was chatting with the king's nephew.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:09 am

Vilkas nodded and watched Rii for a minute before decided to go hunt. He left the cave and headed in the direction he'd last seen a herd of mammoths (cause why not mammoths?). He knew that a Scout would come along soon, and he didn't want to be seen in the same place as Rii.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:52 pm

Rii bid the other dragon farewell before slipping into the back section of the cave. It was dark and moist but the floor was soft in comparison to the thick cold stone walls. She began digging using her shovel-like nose to upturn the earth and burrow her way down. Her front claws helped to widen the entrance to the hole so that her tightly tucked wings, shoulders, and hips would be able to fit into the narrow space. Occasionally her tongue flickered in an out tasting the air for scents of other burrowing creatures. The usual smells enveloped the soil particles including bugs, worms, small mammals, amphibians like salamanders, and earth dwelling snakes. However one scent caught the woman off guard. Vilkas had said that he was the only dragon in the cave other than her, but she could clearly smell somebody else hidden within the dirt like she was.

Rii had no idea that Cradore had been watching her and the younger dragon for some time, but now that she scented him the woman was unsure of what to do. Slowly she used her head and body to widen the tunnel near her front end so that the she dragons head could twist and turn to scent the earth and air around her. She pin pointed the direction that his scent was leaching through the earth. While most dragons could not scent anything past the dirt beneath their feet it was possible for snakes, and Rii as well as other creatures with highly sensitive noses or taste could detect creatures living in the soil.

Some wolves and dogs for instance could smell interesting scents underneath the soil, star nosed moles who were virtually blind and deaf could smell worms and other creatures in the soil, and burrowing species of snakes have a highly developed sense of taste to seek out the creatures they ate hidden in the earth. Rii was similar to snakes in that her forked tongue did exactly the same thing.

Rii let out a long low growl that she was sure would echo through the earth to whoever was hiding nearby. I don't know who you are, but if you mean me or the youth staying in the cave above any harm I will not allow you to continue hiding. I will and can find you stranger sir... She let the warning rumble away sure that the dragon she tasted with her tongue was a male by the pheromones sticking to the dirt particles to the right of her tunnel. She knew he was in that direction, but her ability did not let her guess just how far away he might be.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:43 am

((Oh crap i forgot about this topic XD But i was reminded))
Cradore followed Vilkas. EVERYWHERE Cradore didnt let Vilkas out of his ears. ((That sounds weird, I dont think i worded it wright))
EDIT: ((Sorry didnt actually read your post XD))
Cradore listend to the women. He decided to scare her. He jumped out of the earth and almost too the whole cave with him. He started growling at the dragon. ”YOU DARE THREATEN ME, ON MY LAND!"
Guryon
Guryon
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean

Male Pisces Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:17 pm

(Just saying as you didn't seem to notice, but she is under the earth in a tunnel of her own sensing him. She's not technically in the open cave at the moment.)

Keeping her cool as the dragon heaved his body through the earth back up to the cave, Rii answered calmly. If you are an earthwing then I apologize. I am too used to being a rogue and having to distrust every dragon I meet. I only wanted to keep that young dragon safe. Rii answered popping her head back out of her tunnel to look seriously at the male in the cave.

In any event, I did not come here to threaten anyone good sir. She finished bowing her head while wondering if the male would take her apology or not. He was blocking the exit and Rii did not want to tangle with any earthwing, but make friends with them.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:51 pm

((I forgot to mention but him crashing out of the earth like that would capsize any small tunnels around him.))
Cradore stared the snake down. He distrusted it. He stopped growling and looked at the rest of the cave. He returned his eyes to the snake. ”What is your name and what do you want.."
Guryon
Guryon

Male Pisces Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:06 pm

((Ah okie dokie))

Rii slipped out of the soil that had collapsed around her body finding it a tad bit hard to extricate her wings from the rubble of her tunnel. Glad to see that the male had calmed down a bit she continued to answer him as soon as he finished speaking.

Last time I was here I was impressed by the kindness your king and the other earthwings gave to me despite my ignorant trespassing of your territory at the time. Rii started slowly explaining the reason for her presence. I came this time hoping to speak to the king once again about joining the tribe. Though I happened upon the youngster here at this cave where I was allowed to stay last time I visited. He went out to hunt I believe, and I was worried about him when I realized another dragon was hidden watching bot of us.. She sighed before glancing at the wall. Rii kept herself from mentioning AuSurath to the other dragon as she would rather tell the king directly about her little ward hiding in a tunnel she had left him in just outside the border of the tribes territory.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:14 pm

Cradore sighed. He was tired of watching the kings nephew. ”How long ago did you visit?"
Guryon
Guryon

Male Pisces Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:25 pm

I was here during the summer. I believe it was June? Stayed for long enough to meet some dragons, be surprised by your king's generosity, and digest the meal that first led me into earthwing territory. She answered beginning to relax further after the earthwing guardian sighed. Her words were completely truthful as she straightened then looked down at her ruined tunnel. Now she would have to make it all over again. Unless of course somebody would take her to the tribe immediately after finding out about her. She wasn't sure what would happen now though.

The faster these events occur the faster I get the little one in a safe place where we can start our new lives.
She thought quietly while waiting to see what the dragon would say.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:41 am

Vilkas had been just about to strike down an unsuspecting mammoth when a great shaking of the earth scared it away. The demi-god growled in frustration and flew back toward his tribe's subtly marked boundaries. He returned to the cave he'd been in and saw the Lieutenant, Cradore, had smashed through the ground. "What's the big idea, making all that noise and scaring off all the prey?! I was just about to catch a mammoth! Now I'll have to go at least two hours without any food, because that's how long it'll take for those simple beasts to calm down and return to the area! And look at this, you ruined the cave, nearly smashed it to bits! This is the only cave! Now I have to take shelter in the forest! Do my scales look like they'll be compatible with leaves!? Well, do they! Ugh, I don't what my Mother sees in you, you clumsy oaf!" ...It was a gargantuan understatement to say that Vilkas had inherited some of his mother's temper. A vast, dark, bottomless pit of an understatement. If at least half of the tribe hadn't been able to hear his ranting, he would have been surprised. And so it not at all surprising that anyone who had heard--and even Vilkas himself--was immensely glad Rylatha wasn't home. An ill-tempered demi-god was one thing, but Rylatha? That said, Vilkas now was very much in fear of Cradore. Nevermind his uncle hearing of this little outbusrt. What would his mother do? Vilkas peered over at Rii then, as if he expected her--when silence fell--to quickly say something to change the subject, take the focus off of him in any way. But why should she do that? The demi-god didn't know, but he prayed to every deity he could think of at the moment that Cradore might have suddenly gone deaf and not heard anything..
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 am

Cradore was about to ask the snake few mmore questions, but was soon interrupted by no other than Vilkas. Cradore turned to him and raised an eyeridge. ”You should control that temper of yours." Cradore started to tsk at Vilkas.
Guryon
Guryon

Male Pisces Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Rii stood waiting for more questions to come form the thickly built earthwing before the heavy thud sounds of a running dragon made her head whip around. Looking at the entrance now she watched as Vilkas arrived and immediately began harping over how Cradore had disturbed his hunting.

She actually chuckled at first, though the woman quickly quieted herself so as not to offend the younger dragon. Then she watched as Cradore commented on Vilkas's anger issues.

Not feeling that it was her place to intervene or comment on the subject between the two, Rii settled into her coils and sat down before the two earthwings. Her tongue stuck out measuring the temperature of the air and finding herself happy with it.

Is there any chance you can allow me an audience with the king? She questioned after a moment of silence to Cradore tipping up her head in hope.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Vilkas lowered his head at Cradore, but found himself grumbling at the tsk. He decided to leave and go back to hunting. All that noise could have attracted the attention of the Scouts, and he didn't want to be around if they came along.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:21 pm

((Did Baldiak or Cosmos accept her before?))
Cradore watched as Vilkas lowered his head and walked away. Cradore returned his haze to the snake. "I dot know. What is your name?
Guryon
Guryon

Male Pisces Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:01 am

(OOC: She had an audience with him a while back but was not joined because she was only visiting. This time she intends to join and has not met with the king yet hence this thread)

My name is Rii sir. She answered smoothly then waited for the dragon to do or say something else. Her eyes studied the smooth bark of a beech tree as she waited.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexilas Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:06 am

((WHO accepted her?))
Vexilas
Vexilas
FireWing Hatchling
FireWing Hatchling