Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Hunting Games *Night Wings* - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Hunting Games *Night Wings* - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Hunting Games *Night Wings*

+10
Hyruu
ShadowCast
Cradore
Kurai
Loque
Crystal
Valdys
AuSurath
Dynamic Oreo
Oculus
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hunting Games *Night Wings* - Page 2 Empty Hunting Games *Night Wings*

Post by Oculus Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the first hunting games of the Night Wing Empire.  The rules are simple, no killing, causing damage to civilians, and no maiming.  What does this game entail?  It is a very simple game, but one that requires the utmost skill in order to achieve victory.  There will be two teams, the defending, and the attacking.  The entire game will start at sunrise, and last for two days.  The defending team will be the bulk of the dragons, from new to experienced, while the attacking team will be for those training to join one of the stealth ranks, along with a few experienced to assist.

Attacking Team:
Target:  Oculus
Mission Objectives:
-Remain uncaught by the defending team
-Deliver a "killing" blow without being caught or seen
Description: The attackers goal is to assassinate a target, Oculus.  Their mission is to achieve it however they can while remaining uncaught while in the Night Wing Capital.  While this is mainly for training for those aspiring the rank of Assassin, it is also a way for those wanting to become a spy, by showing their abilities to follow someone and obtain information without being caught, then relaying that information to more experience attackers.  Each attacker will be given a red paint to stain their claws to mark their strikes, since the rules are no killing and maiming.  They can also attack the defending team, but risk their position being alerted, where real guards may come and assist the defending team, forcing the attacker to surrender and be removed from the game.

Defending Team:
Target:  Oculus
Mission Objectives:
-Protect Oculus at all costs
-Capture/eliminate the attacking team
Description:  The job of the defending team is simple, defend Oculus at all costs from the attacking team.  Oculus will NOT defend himself in order to test the abilities of the defending team, and will go about his day with no regard to ambushes.  The defending team will consist of mainly guardians, or those aspiring to be a rank along the guardian tree like Royal Guard.  Some trackers may participate in the defending team to counter attack the attacking team, or to lure them into a trap.  Each defender will be given blue paint to mark their claws in order to show if they hit an attacker and "killed" them.

Once someone is hit and marked with paint, they are considered out of the game, so attackers must pick the right time to attack, and defenders must be alert at all times to prevent the attacking team from successively "painting" Oculus.

*Must post with NW character*
Name:
Current Rank:
Rank you want to become: (If applicable)
Team to join:

Please remember to not godmod, and that there should be more defenders than attackers, so if you apply for attacker as a guardian, you may be moved to defending team if not enough people apply for defender team.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Hunting Games *Night Wings* - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunting Games *Night Wings*

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Shizarou followed closely to the NightWing leader, making sure he had some form of protection. He was not close enough to where he is breathing on the tail, but, he was several feet behind Oculus, keeping a close eye out for enemy units. It was a true shame he could not kill anything, or mortally wound them, it somewhat took he fun out himself, then again this did give him the challenge: who of the attackers would survive from Shizarou? Would Shizarou control himself to not kill or mortally wound his "allies?" These were questions he put in the back of his mind.

"These games do seem quite intriguing," Shizarou said to Oculus, "I am looking forward to see who would win in this little game you have made." And even though the dragon may want to be alone or not, it WAS Shizarou's duty to 'protect the leader' in these situations, it was war to the black dragon against the other team, and if he is not to fail then he must protect the leader, like a game of capture the flag in a sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xangor Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:41 pm

// OOC: To make this topic interesting I'll be using a few NPCs. There'll be one in each team so it's balanced. I'm back to roleplaying. //

There was a pure black dragon between the attackers, one that have subscribed to become an Assassin. His name was Calyx, a regular Tracker that was known to have served the tribe well with his excellent hunting skills. He had already some experience inside the army. Calyx was probably one of the most capable trackers around. Calyx looked at the group of NightWings, his team mates: Kurai and Loque. The two didn't seem to get along and they were already in argument. "It seems you two don't have a clue about what to do." He smirked before to present himself. "My name is Calyx. Rather then debating who should lead, we should start thinking about a plan." Calyx made a brief pause. "But first we'll need to learn each other strenghts. Which powers you two have?" Then he waited their answer

In the defending team there was another capable NightWing. His name was Salem and he had a good reputation as Guardian. Like Calyx, also Salem had some experience in the army. Salem was a black dragon, but with more gray tonalities. He has subscribed to become Royal Guard.. He approached his team mates, they were Shizanou and Shadowcast. The purple dragon already came out with a plan. Salem nodded in approval, but only partially. "I can offer myself to guard our Emperor. I'll make sure no attacker will go past me." The Nightwing spoke confidently "However I don't think it'd be a good idea to send a spy because it could get easily captured. What we need is to just guard our Emperor from all the corners. If we properly coordinate, then we should be able to not leave holes." Salem explained while following Oculus. Then he warned Shadowcast. "And remember to never mention the name of our leader in public. He demands to be called as Emperor from his subjects. Anyway, my name is Salem."

(Quick note: Xangor would like to join this event, but he can't. He's currently busy with his troops on the frontier to ensure other tribes, or worse, the humans, will not launch a surprise attack while the hunting games are taking place. The Officer sends his best wishes to all the NightWings aspiring to get a better rank.)
Xangor
Xangor
NightWing Officer
NightWing Officer

Male Posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Loque looked away from Kurai as another dragon introduced himself. It was a Tracker that Loque didn't remember having ever met. Well, considering how much Loque actually hunted, it was no wonder he didn't know any other Tracker out there. But unlike Kurai, this other dragon went straight to the point.
"And that's the kind of leader we would rather need. Getting to the point and not actually caring about leading. Anyway... As for my powers, I can make it harder to see me, muffle the sounds I make or leave fewer traces of my passage but at the price of my own senses. For example, cancelling the sounds I make right now would make me deaf. But this power strengthens the fewer light there is. In an adequate shadow, I could turn completely invisible without any other inconvenience than just seeing a bit blurred. So basically, working from the shadows is my strength." the black dragon thoroughly explained.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Oculus just quietly went along, minding his own business as he walked along, waiting to get a good view of the sunrise before heading back to the palace.  He noticed one of the larger nightwings come and follow, and seeing the blue, knew him to be defender and glad at least one of them was following.  It would be quite entertaining for sunrise to come up, only for the defending team to realize he had gone missing.  "Ah yes, some find it interesting, I find it practical.  Why force the first combat to be against real foes, a fight to the death, instead of a mock battle?  This way, everyone learns from their mistakes, and when the real time comes, they will have the advantage, having already experience battle." Oculus spoke to the nightwing who followed him, "Both teams win in the end, as the team that 'loses' will learn lessons for the next time, and the winning team gets practice and more experience."  Oculus kept walking along, finally perching on top of a hill where he could see the first rays of sun for the day beginning to show.  "And the other is right, I am your Emperor, you may call me Emperor Oculus if you wish to use my name, but Oculus is reserved for those who attain the high ranks."
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdys Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 am

Valdys wasn't a the type to sit idly by and wait for the fake battle to begin, and so instead she found herself wandering around, attempting to find anyone else on her team. Soon, she spotted a few dragons with red paint, and made her way over to them. From what she'd heard of their conversation, one of their names was Calyx. A plan had been concocted, and all that was left to do was alter it to each of their strengths and assign roles.

"If you don't mind, I should like to help with our plan too. I'm fast and agile, and I can change the colour of myself to blend in with my surroundings, to a certain extent. For example, if I were to now take off, and it was still nighttime, I could choose to either change my wing colour to black or black with white spots to cater to either a clear night or a cloudy night. My scales don't change as well as my frills and wings do, but that's besides the point. If we need a scout, I'll volunteer." She then proceeded to apply the red paint to her claws, checking each was fully done before moving on. Valdys wasn't about to start with a bad paint job done anywhere on her body.

She noticed that one of the defending team had stayed by the Emperor's side. 'Clever one. Maybe this will be harder than I thought if they all start to get crafty.'
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guryon Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:58 am

Kurai turned quickly to the new dragon. He smiled. ”Powers huh?" Kurai sat down and looked closely at the new dragon. He liked the look of this one. ”I can fly so fast you wont be able to see me.... Yours?" Kurai looked at the two. He had a feeling they would be a good team.
Guryon
Guryon
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean
God of Tsunamis and the Ocean

Male Pisces Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by AuSurath Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:52 am

Buuuuump
AuSurath
AuSurath
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Male Posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:19 am

((Well waiting on Atlantis, since we're stuck without her answer))
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xangor Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:09 am

// I was waiting for Shadowcast, but it seems he has gone inactive, so he'll skip turns until he's back. //

Calyx was satifisted to meet a group that was well organized. Everyone had good abilities. He couldn't ask for something better. He listened them before to tell his idea. "Very well. Your powers is what we need to know. I have already a plan. We'll strike exactly after the game starts. Our opponents would never expect to receive a immediate attack." Calyx smirked, taking the lead at this point. He pointed his claw at Valdys and Loque. "You two will approach Oculus from the shadows and attack together. I recommend to strike from opposite sides to disorient the guards." He explained and looked at Kurai. "You say to fly fast enough to not be seen, so you'll launch an attack from the sky." Calyx continued. "I'll be the last one to strike. Your attacks will have indeed the purpose to keep the guards busy, busy enough so I can use my power without being seen and sneak near Oculus." He explained before to give a demonstration. Calyx body melted inside a shadow, aooarently disappearing and not leaving traces. He reappared after moving in a nearby shadow. He concluded. "That's the plan. We'll be using the time left before the game starts to prepare the attack. Do you approve it?" Calyx questioned, looking at everyone of them and waiting for their opinion

Salem wasn't listening the conversation between the two because he was scared by Shizanou's appearance. This other NightWing resembled a demonic being, a "ugly" NightWings. "I'll be honest. I don't like your face" Salem decided to make some conversation. "You look like many demons that have been terrorized our tribe the last months. But you seem a good dragon compared to them. That's nice." He smiled, but having a suspect about the true goals of Shizaou. Salem was always following Oculus, but protecting the leader from a different corner, and make sure Shizanou has the shoulders covered.

The game event has taken the attention of many Guardians and Trackers, but also Citizens, that have come here to join not as partcipants, but as spectactors.
Xangor
Xangor
NightWing Officer
NightWing Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:59 am

Xangor wrote:Salem wasn't listening the conversation between the two because he was scared by Shizanou's appearance. This other NightWing resembled a demonic being, a "ugly" NightWings. "I'll be honest. I don't like your face" Salem decided to make some conversation. "You look like many demons that have been terrorized our tribe the last months. But you seem a good dragon compared to them. That's nice." He smiled, but having a suspect about the true goals of Shizaou. Salem was always following Oculus, but protecting the leader from a different corner, and make sure Shizanou has the shoulders covered.

Shizarou looked to the smaller dragon with a hateful expression, then again, he was not angered enough due being called "A good dragon." He simply gave a low growl, allowing the smaller dragon to know that he did not accept this, "I could give less of a damn of what you think. Before you say anything else about me, perhaps you should walk in my history, just to get a glimpse of who I am." He did say this without any anger in his tone, his voice was calm, yet deep and demonic towards the smaller dragon. What he would suspect was true, Shizarou wanted only self gain of his own, he was purely evil, yet he wore a fake mask that allowed himself to be seen as "good."
Shizarou was one who uses others to his own will, he could manipulate them, kill them even, he would have been better off a rogue, and yet he remained as NightKin. Why did he? The reason? He needed the "support" of others, he wanted to lead an army to get battle as a general of some form, yet he knows that this leader, Oculus, would not allow so, Shizarou shall deal with the dragon leader in due time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdys Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:27 pm

Valdys was thrilled they'd formed a plan already. It gave them time to relax and ready themselves for the challenges to come.
"Perhaps it would confuse them even more if we managed to mark Oculus? If we can get close enough to him to be able to lunge out at him without being seen prior, we could disorientate them by marking him, and then they might break off from around him to track down the attackers. Assuming they do break off, we all have a chance to strike our final blow." She said, spotting a tiny patch on one of her claws devoid of paint. Dipping the offending no-paint-spot into the blood-like dye, she carefully watched the surface draw the digit in, eating it and marking it temporarily. When she felt the tip of her claw reach the bottom of the pot of paint, she checked to see where the level had reached.
'Right to the base. Perfect'

Valdys then lay down, placing one paw over the other, and allowed the fake-blood-liquid to settle and even out, so as to avoid leaving a trail behind her wherever she went. The others on her team had some very useful skills, she had to admit to herself, but she was still going for the rank of assassin.'They all stand a very good chance of getting the opportunity. No matter, I shall just have to try my best and hope it's enough to impress the Emperor.' Valdys then curled her tail around her and slowed her racing-from-excitement heartbeat, relaxing herself and feeling the cool-calm of staying collected.

Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:16 am

Loque nodded as the dragon suggested a plan. It was pretty solid, and pretty simple. Clean and effective.
"I mostly agree with this plan, but I don't think we should all attack Occulus. They might expect a quick attack, and if they do they'll expect it on our target. We should use the surprise we'll cause to mark the guards instead. Since they'll be more on the sides, it'll be easier for us to sneak up to them. Calix can then easily... travel next to Occulus and deal the finishing strike while we have the attention. This way not only we will get rid of the defenders permanently but we'll also make Calix's part easier." the black dragon suggested.
Loque headed toward the paint pot, since he hadn't tinted his claws yet. He only dipped a single claw in the paint, the one that was black instead of silver. He carefully inspected the result, his usually inked claw now being perfectly painted. Now Loque could understand why only black ink was used. It would be terribly awkward to have a claw permanently colored in red.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:31 am

Kurai stood there for a minute and thought it over. He looked at the dragons there and said "Do any of you know how well Oculus can defend himself?" He did not know and needed to know. He stared at the dragons, waiting for his answer.((short post is short Razz))

Cheese
LightWing Healer
LightWing Healer

Male Pisces Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Xangor Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:02 am

After proposing his plan, Calyx listened the suggestions from the others. It was just a matter of minutes and the group was already completing the plan. However Valdys and Loque proposed two  different approachs. Valdys suggested to directly attack Oculus, while Loque proposed to attack the guards instead. He nodded in approval at Loque's words. "Your idea is better. I can only be successful if the guards are taken out. They're there to impede us to hit Oculus afterall." Calyx explained before to answer Kurai. "Oculus will not be defending himself to help the attacking team. Otherwise we wouldn't have a chance a win." Calyx smirked. "The plan is ready. Better we move. The games should start soon. Kurai, you'll follow from the sky" He ordered while Calyx run between the shadows, expecting Valdys and Loque to come after him.

Salem's suspect was probably right. The way Shizanou was speaking was demonic. Who knew the true intentions of this dragon. He would speak with Xangor about this once the games are over and leave the matter to the Officer. So Salem changed argument "Alright. Let's come back to our defending task. We must work as a team to stop the attacks. Our role is much easier compared to attackers. We don't have to think about a plan, but to just keep an eye on our Emperor all the time. We need to make sure to cover each other shoulders."
Xangor
Xangor
NightWing Officer
NightWing Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Loque had a small grin as Calyx accepted the plan he had suggested. This would make everything way smoother for sure...
When he started moving, Loque followed, making sure to stay in the shadows as much as he could. He wasn't using his powers yet, as Occulus had yet to be seen. Only then he would get harder to see and silent. At that point he wouldn't need the full accuracy of his senses.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:36 am

Xangor wrote:Salem's suspect was probably right. The way Shizanou was speaking was demonic. Who knew the true intentions of this dragon. He would speak with Xangor about this once the games are over and leave the matter to the Officer. So Salem changed argument "Alright. Let's come back to our defending task. We must work as a team to stop the attacks. Our role is much easier compared to attackers. We don't have to think about a plan, but to just keep an eye on our Emperor all the time. We need to make sure to cover each other shoulders."

Teamwork, this is the first time Shizarou would have to deal with this. He usually preferred the role of a lone wolf, yet, he did not want to seem like a little whiny ***** either. He would have to work with this, understand how it functioned properly. For now, he must "get along" with the other dragons, he needed to play this smart if he wished to succeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonWing Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Kurai frowned slightly, not liking beig ordered but he jumped into the air anyways. He flew two thousand feet up and began to trail the others. He muttered swears and prayers to the god of fortune (Tribute to someone XP)
MoonWing
MoonWing
SkyWing Vulcan
SkyWing Vulcan

Male Posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdys Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Valdys felt disgruntled, what with her plan getting changed, but also thankful she had a team to pick up on any little things wrong with plans. They weren't called 'mistakes', no, Valdys saw no need for that word. Very demoralizing, that word. Very crude, that word, when you could simply say someone has done something slightly wrong. She followed Calyx, however, and saw the rest of her team were doing the same thing. Spotting shadows looming out before her, she changed her colours and leapt with soft paws into the dark, demonic figures that her clan so loved.

She knew what she had signed up for, and that most of her time would be spent hiding and sneaking around, but she longed to enter the city and begin searching for Oculus and his guards with her new team. When they would enter, she didn't know, as their group may need to send one or two to scout the area ahead, and that would take some time. Valdys just wanted to know this wasn't all just for nothing and that her team wouldn't dramatically fail. She would never outlive that.
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:34 am

((Occy, time skip to the beginning of the games? We need to know the setting in which Occy will be to make the attack))
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2