Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Celestia vs Phantom Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Celestia vs Phantom Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Celestia vs Phantom

+5
Hyruu
Renea
Asailia
Birch
Cordath
9 posters

Go down

Celestia vs Phantom Empty Celestia vs Phantom

Post by Celestia Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Oh boy where do I begin. I suppose I should start with the title of the topic. Me and Phantom have recently found out that we have no access to the site back ups. Without those back ups if something bad were to happen we could lose everything here forever. Just poof one day all gone and we have had an incident where such a thing could have happened. A few months ago as some of you know we had a spammer attack that plagued the site clogging up the topics lagging the entire site as whole and taking up the bandwith. Thankfully we managed to put measures in place to drive the spammer away which is the account approval system. So if any of you were wondering that is why that is there. We were planning on removing it here soon and see if the spammer came back but now that we have discovered we have no access to the back ups that won't be happening till we do.

Which brings me to the reason for the me vs phantom topic of site owner. In order to get access to the back ups forumotion requires us to pick a new founder which is voted on by the staff and they need written proof hence the topic you regular members can't see or vote on. If Phantom was chose as founder she agreed to give me the password essentially making us both the founder and if I was chosen as founder I agreed to give her my password. Now it is very important that you know I talked with phantom about this in the chat and she agreed on it and I'm rather upset she hadn't defended me in the chat basically allowing me to be the enemy even though she agreed on all this and not bothering to explain any of this.

Now then if you have any other questions or complaints about me this would be the place to voice them. As well as about the site in general. I know I have heard some stuff tossed around about this site being called a competitive RP this is NOT A COMPETITIVE RP SITE. It has some combat rp elements but that is purely there to allow story and member made plots to function more smoothly. If anyone starts abusing the system there will be consequences.

Now then the questions and or complaints?

Last edited by Celestia on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Celestia vs Phantom Empty Re: Celestia vs Phantom

Post by Cordath Fri May 01, 2015 5:18 am

What exactly is a competitive rp site?

Cordath
IceWing Scholar
IceWing Scholar

Male Posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Post by Birch Fri May 01, 2015 6:08 am

Cordath, a competitive RP site is a site based mainly on battle. If this were a competitive RP site, you could attack anybody you want when you please ((within reason)) and generally the whole plot would be battle driven. Competitive RPs are extremely strict, and if I can suggest anything, this site becoming a competitive RP site without the consent of every member here would be a bad idea, considering the strictness and word count it requires.
Birch
Birch
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Fri May 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Not only would it be a bad idea it would destroy the site. The way this site is set up it just isn't meant for competitive RP and the peeps who come to this site aren't looking for that kind of thing either.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordath Tue May 05, 2015 12:09 pm

so did the staff vote? who is the owner?

Cordath
IceWing Scholar
IceWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm

The staff have voted now I need to contact forumotion. The winner of the vote was me.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Asailia Tue May 05, 2015 3:55 pm

This should have been a site wide vote.... it doesn't seem very fair to exclude a large part of the population while a minority decides. You know who else did that? The white Americans. The Germans. Not comparing the staff to the Nazis at all, but I'm just pointing out something that I feel is important.
Asailia
Asailia
Seawing Citizen
Seawing Citizen

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordath Tue May 05, 2015 4:31 pm

To be fair the period in which white americans tried to maintain control, may have ended later, but did not last nearly as long as white europeans trying to maintain control.

Cordath
IceWing Scholar
IceWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Asailia Tue May 05, 2015 4:36 pm

True. The idea in itself if the same, however. A minority is trying to rule over a majority without the opinion of the majority. It's unfair, and always ends in arguments.
Asailia
Asailia
Seawing Citizen
Seawing Citizen

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Renea Tue May 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Ailia's right. We should of had a choose too
There are multiple admins, yes, but they're are WAY more active members, and its rude to exclude them. And i think its unfair that you are bringing down all dragons with humans, especially if you disagree with the Competitive RP. You didnt even Tell Cossy you where gonna do this, nor where you ever going to. I remember this from a cbox moment where you two where agruing. I even put this on Welcome to Cbox.

Renea

Female Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Wed May 06, 2015 2:18 am

Erm guys, chill out ? This is only a technical forum issue, it feels quite normal only the staff gets involved in this... If we had to make a referendum each time we had to address a technical issue that we aren't directly concerned with, we would never get anywhere. And this decision doesn't affect us at all. Who cares who's the legal owner of the site when Phantom and Celestia will share the account anyway ? I'd agree with you if the decision was about something that would change the forum's daily life, but right now we're only making a tantrum out of nothing.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed May 06, 2015 6:47 am

I feel as though a point needs to be made here. The purpose of the change was due to the back ups, Phantom is unable to secure or change these said back ups and thus its actually essential Celestia becomes leader to gain this access as the reality is if the site goes down, everything will wipe. As for the reason it was not a site wide referendum as you can imagine, this is not to cause offence to anyone, but if it was open to everyone, that means perhaps someone inexperienced or really young who doesn't understand the gravity of the decision may make an ill-educated choice. This is known as the tyranny of the majority, to which I'll point out Asailia due to Germany having a proportional electorial system unlike the FPTP system which the UK use or the US's own adopted version, the Nazi's were the largest party in the Reichstag when Hitler came to power, thus the Nazi's were actually the majority (And the German people don't have a two party system like the UK and US, meaning they had a lot more choices to pick from)... Now the decision has been made, so lets all just avoid drama.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Wed May 06, 2015 12:23 pm

I was referring to the Jews, not the German politics. Please don't insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about.
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed May 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Again, the Jew were the minority in Germany unless you mean internationally, to which fair one. Let's not have a debate on this though please it's rather off topic, if you need a word to debate just PM me, I enjoy topical debates xD
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Wed May 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Technically I can access the back ups, and I asked Celestia if she could just teach me so I could get on Shardas and do it, but she said no because I wasn't going to be active enough so all this happened.

She takes the forum admin place, but we're more like co-leaders, after all, we did promise to share our passwords together so...
Phantom
Phantom
Dragon Goddess of Magic

Female Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 pm

You can not access the back ups. You could not get to the utility page here. https://www.forumotion.com/utils

This is where you go to access the back ups. Its also where you go to change the password and you said Shardas's password did not work. Also I did not say no. I said another person needed to have access to it not just you as you do tend to disappear and getting a hold of you is a huge pain.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down