Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina]

2 posters

Go down

An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina] Empty An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina]

Post by Tenebris Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:36 am

The air was calm and had a serene feel to it, the wind was enough to grant the lift needed to make graceful maneuvers but didn't fight against the membrane of Tenebris's dark looming wings as he continued to glide. Even so as the tranquility of the flight consumed him, Tenebris had an urge of determination to his speed, not for the urgency of his visit to his destination within the literal sense but for the desire to return home at haste once he was done. It pained him to leave the young hatchling Celestia at Shadows Refuge, after only being together for a short number of weeks apart of him was wrapped in guilt. Yet he had given her free reign to roam around the Island, and there were others to watch her, her curiosity would be sated hopefully in regard to the ability to explore and inspect the caves what littered the rocky plateau of his home and he made sure of course before hand to block any entrances which were too small and dangerous for such a hatchling. Tenebris found it quite bizarre, he'd never thought of the well being for simply one creature before, shaking his head at his own inner musings he focused as he looked forward to the horizon towards his destination as the Sun began to hang heavy in the Midday sky.

Coming to the end of the NightWing border Tenebris found himself rather uncomfortable, not for the inevitable confrontation at the borders but simply the heat. His black scales seemed to make the light cling to him, and the Suns reflection made him shine like a glossy beacon. Tenebris was fond of staying out of the public eye until he needed to be seen or heard for his own reasons, even now he was debating whether he made a mistake by coming at the height of day yet it was necessary, the FireWings wouldn't of been welcoming him with anything less than a frenzy of fire and talons under the belief he was a spy. Without any falter as to the convictions as to why he was here, Tenebris began his slow descent towards the FireWing border, the heat seemed to radiate more and more, or perhaps it was just his subconscious believing such but none the less he continued to feel distress

Approaching the ground at what seemed to be a border outpost Tenebris gracefully landed, he maintained his posture of authority and stature as he began to stride elegantly with all his regal barings towards the outpost. His visage was dressed in formal ceremonial attire, as he bore silver rings upon his horns, and several upon his spines. From his neck hung a amulet of onyx which rested effortlessly against his chest only visible due to his grey underbelly unlike the rest of his obsidian like scales. Finally silver braces and bangles littered his forearms and hind legs, and one particular ring upon his right index talon which was stylized in a metallic manner to make his talon longer and sharper as if a unnaturally long claw. Silently he stood for a brief moment, awaiting to see if any FireWings would emerge.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina] Empty Re: An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina]

Post by Kenina Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 pm

A FireWing came out and greeted the NightWing finding out who he was and why he was here. Once his identity and purpose had been discovered they sent a messenger out to Kenina to see what to do about him. The wait was a little long as they couldn't fly anywhere near as fast as the SkyWings. Instead of the messenger coming back with the decision Kenina herself came to greet the foreigner.

Instead of greeting the NightWing in her usual manner of politeness and regal presences she chose to approach the the smaller dragon with sass evident in her movements and tone. "Tenebris is it, glad to see your tribe hasn't cut off all alliances and retreated to your caves never to be seen again. So to what do I owe this visit. Mold starting to grow in your solitude?" Kenina was not very happy with the NightWings. She had planned on taking them over but thanks to this new leader such an attack would cause more losses than Kenina was willing to part with. With the new leader Kenina planned on strengthening her alliance with the NightWings that is until their alliance was cut in half without reason or cause. "Come you must be tired. Rumors of NightWings flying around in the daylight are rare. I don't imagine your coloring is very nice to you in our hot climate either."

Kenina lead Tenebris to the palace and into a special room which was magically designed to ease the suffering of those unaccustomed to their heat. Because of its nature it was also designed with political negotiations in mind. Blue and Purple moonstones adorned the floor and pieces of art from the different tribes decorated the walls. The ceiling was made of lava rock and had many little holes which illuminated the room.

"I hope you're not here to just inform me of the broken alliance. I already know and as you have probably already inference I am not pleased."
Kenina
Kenina
FireWing Queen
FireWing Queen

Back to top Go down

An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina] Empty Re: An Emissary to a Foreign land [Private with Kenina]

Post by Tenebris Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Pleasantries were maintained when Tenebris was confronted by the Guards of the border, expressing formalities he awaited in patience. The hulking size of the FireWings were a enough to intimidate a lesser Dragon but Tenebris didn't falter in his mannerisms, he was stolid and apathetic towards them. The waiting was somewhat insufferable due to the eerie silence as the Guards barely spoke and none the less Tenebris was in no desire to start a conversation himself yet it was clear the wait might of caused insult to a more naive NightWing which had thoughts of grandeur though Tenebris maintained his presence.

The surprise shocked Tenebris to his core, he assumed the FireWings were unconventional yet for the Queen to make an appearance while he still stood upon the border, at first glance he didn't believe it yet he heard what the Queen's visage appeared like and this was it word for word. Many would be taken back with glee or be bitter that she was foolish to come to the border yet Tenebris saw the demonstration within a different perspective altogether. Of all the things he anticipated and calculated within his head this situation wasn't on the possibilities, that unnerved him and was underestimation on his part. The only feeling which his emotions could be consider close was the sensation of the floor dropping out from under his feet before he could flare out his wings.

Tenebris only faltered for a moment as his shrewd gaze widened until he steadied his demeanour and posture, standing preditorial and authoritative yet with regal bearings. His face austere while his gaze met met Kenina with fixated determined eyes. He was somewhat amused by the Queens manner of addressing him yet didn't show it theatre at always been one of his strongest suits. "You're gracious majesty, it is the utmost pleasure to finally meet in your official presence. I'm only here to maintain relationships in good faith", he spoke almost as if rhyming off a phrase of meeting those in high positions all his life, he paid no heed to her insults about the NightWing Tribe and only ever spoke in his well cultured soft coo.

Courtesies and formal conduct were self explanatory, the offer of lodgings was to be assumed no matter his own intentions Tenebris had the status now as a dignitary of the NightWings and to turn him away without the indulgence of hospitality would be an insult to the NightWings as a whole. The chamber he found himself led into was a welcomed relief from the flight to the Palace and in truth the journey in general, he inspected the architecture and luxurious decorations of art with great scrutiny yet couldn't find any imperfections to the marvels.

Only when he was addressed directly was he forced back into consciousness from his musings, he turned to face Kenina and gave a lofty smile, showing his uncharacteristic white teeth which like his eyes stood out against the rest of his dark visage like lanterns in the darkness "Relationships needs to be maintained, with recent affairs radiating throughout Pyyria we're all in difficult situations, both your own and my Imperial Majesties regimes are new and thus fragile behind the consolidation in truth. It would be naive of both of us to deny such", his words were ever calm, none threatening and soothing in their own right yet he was treading on dangerous ground behind the honeyed words. "None aggression is a must, wouldn't you agree?", Tenebris played the role of servant well and desired not to show his true ambitions directly yet watched intently for the Queens responses for any signs of indirect motivations.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenina Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Kenina refused to admit the politically vulnerable state they were in. Nobody left that EarthWing feast looking very good and Kenina was hiding her tribe for the most part at the time being. "Do not compare your fragile condition to our own. My ascension to queen was a smooth transition and we are even stronger than we were before. The chaos in your tribe has been mended with tree sap. It is strong and holding now but in time the bonds holding things together will wear thin. If you seek to maintain a friendship then why cut it only to come back and try to apply ointment to it. Is there some confusion as to what you guys really want?" Kenina asked pacing around the NightWing. She wanted to make him feel pressured. For a little NightWing she admired his ability to remain professional and dignified. Kenina made a game of it, the goal was to break him.
Kenina
Kenina
FireWing Queen
FireWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Remaining still during Kenina's scrutiny as she stalked around him like a predator Tenebris couldn't help but have a snide smirk across his maw, he ever faced forward not faltering as if he was a soldier under inspection. Having always a passion for the flare and intrigue of the theatre the subordinate was a role he often had to play and only a fool or a short sighted Dragon would of felt degraded by it. Maintaining his determined composure he managed to portray all his grace without fail, only his serpentine tail showed any sign of anxiety as it trailed back and forth behind him, yet any fighter would know the truth that it was his primordial means of defence if he was required to make a sudden dash to avoid an unexpected attack so that he could regain his balance and parry.

Measuring his breath to ensure his visage was ever balanced in his usual calm calculated nature he finally spoke, his head still facing forward none the less "Your worship, I hope not to provoke offense. Needless to say however the NightWings are quickly consolidating, culturally we're entering an age of progression. Despite the "Delicate" nature of our own monarch's coronation, with the support of several notable members within our society the NightWings have never been stronger as a Tribe in recent memory", despite the fact he was no longer facing Kenina his words were spoken dominantly so that they could radiate as if speaking to her maw to maw. "As for the truth of what we really desire, its what you want as well no doubt. Prosperity, peace, a future in which we can continue to develop. With recent affairs our kind as a whole may be brought almost to extinction, a collapse of all societies and order to fall into anarchy. It would be ignorance to assume otherwise as is the fate with all institutes, yet I see no reason why we can't prolong our civilizations for eons to come hence why I stand before you now my grace", his words were spoken with idealistic romanticism and passion yet behind the pleasantries there was a cold stern truth which his cold ethereal voice only showed.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenina Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Kenina observed the little NightWing's tail body language contradict that of the rest of him. He was too calm for his tail to be portraying any anxiety and she was glad too. If it was easy it would be boring. She may not be a fighter herself but she knew how to spot one. It was odd, she didn't think the NightWings could give rise to a fighter/diplomat.

Quickly Kenina ran with all her speed to the front of the NightWing hoping to catch him off guard. "My question remains. Why cut our ties only to come back and attempt to put sweet smelling ointment on it hoping it will resolve things. You talk much of your supposed prosperity but your actions contradict it. I say it looks like you don't know what you are doing but you persist to insist otherwise with meaningless words. Perhaps your true reason for being here is hidden." Kenina would say bringing her tail up to brush Tenebris's cheek. "Can't say I blame you, diplomat from an unstable tribe seeking more purpose to life. A recently made single and beautiful queen. I'd do the same in your position. Hope to play my cards right and take everything for myself."
Kenina
Kenina
FireWing Queen
FireWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:29 am

Tenebris watched silently for a brief moment keeping his indefatigable gaze fixating upon the Queen constantly, which made it all the more surprising when she darted in front of him. The Queens speed and rapid unprovoked movement took even Tenebris shamefully off guard, his muscles seemed to tense and he had to mentally fight the urge of flaring open his in wings in reaction. As his widened eyes narrowed once more to his notable meticulous stare he attempted to regain his composure as he met Kenina's gaze.

Returning to his austere expression as the Queen began to speak, it soon came to fruition at the forefront of Tenebris's mind just how industrial the FireWing Monarch truly was. Tenebris wasn't naive enough to believe that his honeyed words weren't seen as coated pleasantries to ever opponent he came across but none so abruptly called him out as the Queen did so now. Then, it was only his diligence what maintained his stature from melting in the compulsion of Kenina's touch and sparing a single look at her tail he trailed his view over her form once more in admiration. "I can assure you, your Eminence. Everything I do is indeed following my purpose and to that of my Tribe. Truth be told then it should come to no surprise to you Oculus cannot be in the future of my nation, there is no denying he has set the spark what will unite a fire which will light the road ahead for all Dragon kind. Issue is though, his actions are questionable to say the least and accompanied with his lack of vision, one must think of mutually beneficial -partnerships- to progress".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenina Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:05 am

Kenina was further surprised as Tenebris for the most part kept himself composed. His muscles did seem to tense up, however a smart fighter would have taken a battle ready stance. In this sort of situation though that would not have been at all beneficial to whatever the end goal was. He seemed to balance his two natures perfectly.

Kenina was most pleased as the truth of this encounter was revealed. "His handling of alliances is plenty to support that. Still from the outside there is only so much I can see through a window. I would like to schedule a meeting with this leader of yours. See a little more first hand for myself, then we could go to a follow up meeting you and I and we'll see how to proceed from there. Sound good?
Kenina
Kenina
FireWing Queen
FireWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:00 am

Tenebris holds a somewhat smug expression at the Queens words before he dutifully bows his neck in response "Of course, I'll inform my liege of such a meeting and see to it that one is arranged. I am after all a faithful servant of all Dragons not just his Imperial Highness", there was a note of mockery in the way he stressed -servant- "I cannot condone the time the Emperor sets aside to make a mockery of himself but I hope afterwards we can all reach a settlement..."
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down