Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

NightWings sub-societies Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

NightWings sub-societies Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

NightWings sub-societies

4 posters

Go down

NightWings sub-societies Empty NightWings sub-societies

Post by Atlantis Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:53 am

I was thinking about the NightWings society. It's different from other tribes because of its "corrupted" and "dark" nature. NightWings members tend to have different way of thinkings.

Examples:

Some NightWings are good and tend to act in rightful ways. They would never kill a innocent, and they follow rules which everyone has to follow.

Some NightWings are only interested in doing good. They tend to follow no rules, but they're against evil.

Some NightWings looks at convenience. They're between good and evil and they tend to be selfish.

Some NightWings looks at what is diabolical. They're inclined to do what is evil, but they tend to have rules.

Some NightWings are evil and insane. They're chaotic and they follow no rules.

Some NightWings are only occasionally insane. This kind of dragons can be found in all the categories mentioned. For example Gemini has a demonica nature.

So I think the NightWings would need to be changed in subsocieties. So there isn't anymore one leader, but like four or five leaders. Every leader has to incarnate a way of thinking. These leaders meet in councils where they decide together how to properly manage the whole tribe.

There's a tribe representive that can be choosen between the following leaders.

Leader for NightWings that are good and act in rightful ways.
Leader for NightWings that are only interested in doing good.
Leader for NightWings that only look at what is best for them.
Leader for NightWings that are inclined to do evil, but they tend to follow rules.
Leader for NightWings that are inclined to do evil and spread chaos

It is the allignment-system that you can see in a lot of roleplaying games. I think NightWings need this kind of system.

What are you opinions about this? I got this idea after Tenebris pointed out that NightWings have different ways of acting, if I'm right. lso Phantom has talked about in the past about having councils for NightWing,

Last edited by Atlantis on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 6 times in total
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742

Back to top Go down

NightWings sub-societies Empty Re: NightWings sub-societies

Post by Tenebris Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 am

I think this is a perfect idea in all honesty, as it allows the NightWing society to function more effectively as culture as a whole, it also prevents any future hostile take overs or coups with the differentiating alignments, with this Council the NightWings can vary in their ideological beliefs and still continue proceedings without an internal collapse.
In addition, I still think the NightWings on the Council should still swear fealty to Gemini as a neutral party and that all in all she remains the only Sovereign, the other leaders could take on titles such as Lords and what have you, like the Human aristocracy, representing the various NightWing factions although as stated Genimi can remain head of state, or at least, head of the Tribe externally to the outside world (out of the NightWing territories) .
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantis Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:10 pm

This would add a lot of lore about NightWings, and make them the complex and interesting tribe so far

It is all about subsocietes. Since NightWings tend to be very different from each other, internal conflict would be inevitable, leading to the downfall of the tribe.

Gemini would be the leader and have advisors at this point.

So the different subsocietes, instead of obstructing each other, would find compromises between them.

If this is going to be approved, I'd like to make Xangor the "lord" of the NightWings that tend to be evil, but they aren't chaotic

Last edited by Atlantis on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:45 pm

And in addition, as we spoke before Atlantis, Tenebris could hold the authority of "Lord", on the more conservative isolationist NightWings, who wants to stay to their own devices rather than aiding in international affairs what effect other Tribes.
Another idea as well, along with these sub-factions with their respected Lord, they'd could have their own territories within the NightWing Kingdom to Govern, which will allow the NightWing society to become far more complex and add to the neglected Lore, so customs and culture is more unique as a whole, which in turn allows to avoid the internal conflicts of conflicting ideologies within the NightWing Tribe.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aari Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:59 pm

I like the idea the only issue is the amount of people its going to take. Me and Phantom have always been against the idea of adding more groups and tribes because we are very thin as it is. The problem with this thinness is instead of coming up with unique plots to put their characters in or causing wars over such plots like the current crazyness going on with the EarthWings and Dusk being captured with Aari, people are instead just making more characters. Due to the nature of this it might end up working out just fine and serve as an example though.
Aari
Aari
SeaWing Trainee
SeaWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantis Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 am

This is would be the new system. There're only four spots to fill, which three would be already taken:

Leader of NightWings: Gemini. She represents the whole tribe in its completeness, but her decisions go through the consultation of every NightWings Governor.

Governor of NightWings that are good and act in rightful ways: Gemini. Gemini is both the leader of this subgroup, and also the leader of the whole tribe. These kind of NightWings have strict rules and they use their dark powers to do good actions.

Governor of NightWings that are good, but they're bonded by no laws: missing. This position is open. This kind of NightWings are just interested in doing good, not following a rule of conduct.

Govenor of NightWings that only look for themselves: Tenebris. This kind of NightWings look at convenience and opportunities, working within law and chaos.

Governor of NightWing that are evil, but they stick to rules: Xangor. Power comes through order, but one can be orderly about slaughtering innocents.

Governor of NightWings that are evil and chaotic: Opal (NightFlare). With the drive of pure hatred, this kind of NightWings will do whatever they can to attain their goals. They are bound by no laws and no compassion.

Every Governor will have its own territory. This kind of differentiation will help to distinguish the several NightWing philosophies.

NightWings members will have to choose to which "subculture" they belong. It is true this system will lead to internal conflicts. This is going to happen in any case because half of NightWings society tend to be "corrupted". However the subgroups, instead of fighting each other, would try to find compromises.

Remember that the NightWings have to deal with other six tribes (including the LightWing "rivals"), the humans menace and other dangers. Good NightWings certainly represent a formidable force, but they would need also the help of Evil NightWings. The tribe needs to have unity when it comes to national emergency.

Most important thing is to contextualize. The subsocietes are all equally strong and the several Governors would rarely obstruct each other in the attempt to avoid civil wars.

Fnally, it'll be more easy for other tribes to understand better who are the "good" and "evil" NightWings.

Other tribes will know that Gemini and her followers are the trustworth NightWings. Everyone will known that Xangor and his followers are instead the unreliable NightWings. (Examples).
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:22 am

I guess Nightflare, when she takes control of Opal, could lead that subsection. Razz

Rayla

Female Posts : 641

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down