Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all)

2 posters

Go down

In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all) Empty In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all)

Post by Eternities Faith Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:55 am

~weeks after Arrival at nightwing Territory~

Atop a lone plateau overgrown with massive sequoia tree (red wood) that would put all others to shame due to there sheer size, it was a miracle that these things grew so big other sequoia tree's looked like sapling compared to them the roots grew out from the sides of the tall plateau all the way to the ground bellow massive roots acting like a passage to the top, some of these roots were longer than the tree was tall. The ground was lush and green regardless of the sky being mostly blocked my the canopy of the tree's, in the center of the plateau in the midst of all these tree's was an old weathered stone towering 30ft tall there were engravings upon them old weathered unreadable, around the pillar seemed to be the pillar ruins of some structure, the trees had knocked them down with their roots and stem (tree itself).

a large black dragon stood in the center in front of this weathered pillar, his head angled down an expression not like he portrays himself, as if this site meant something significant to him... like a burial or memorial, it was not hard to find out what this place was a geologist would easily tell you that this place... is a grave, to whom... no one knows... till now perhaps... if one can get faith to tell them who's grave this was...

IN his time... Faith was a tyrant... an evil overlord, who was bent on destruction of his enemies before he was defeated...
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Male Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all) Empty Re: In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all)

Post by MoonShade Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:30 pm

No sound was heard as a deep blue-so dark she was nearly black-dragon emerged from a shadow. Brilliant blue eyes looked from the dragon, to the pillar, to the dragon again. The dragoness stepped forward, until she sat next to the other, and curled her trident-tipped tail over her feet. She cocked her head at the pillar, then turned to the dragon. Six white spots under each eye gleamed slightly. "Who's this?" She asked, looking at him. MoonShade was a Nightwing, but she was not nearly adept at reading minds as the others. She relied more heavily on her ability to manipulate Shadows. Besides, to read someone's mind was-in her opinion-the ultimate form of privacy invading, and she rarely ever used it.
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon
Location : Hiding in the Shadow behind you....Don't bother looking

http://www.allout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all) Empty Re: In the Darkness, there is a light (open to all)

Post by Eternities Faith Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Faith looked over to the dragoness as she walked from the shadows and came to sit next to him... looking at her, faith raised his head up a little, this was no place to fight, not in a place so sacred. so he just remained put watching her looking her over as she sat next to him, her tail resting over her feet...

looking to her eyes as she spoke, faith looked at the pillar again, and while looking at it he took a deep breath, "this pillar... this headstone... is the burial... of my family... royal in my time... I was but a child when they were... murdered..." faith said taking a deep breath and exhaling lengthily.

"what brings you here?" faith asked the dragoness
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Moon glanced back at the dragon, a slight sad look in her eyes and murmured to herself. "Wish my family had gotten a burial..."
She then shook herself and looked up at him after hie posed the question. "Curiosity." She answered simply, then turned to look at the headstone. "How long ago did they die?" She asked quietly, knowing that this subject was often a touchy a one.
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:33 am

Fiath looked at the dragoness when she asked when they died, taking a deep breath and looking at the pillar once more... "several thousand years ago... it is hard to say... it was during the first era the dawn era... without something to tell me how long each era was... i can never be sure... faith said.

Letting out a sigh... "what does it feel like" faith asked, pausing to let her ponder on what he meant for a bit. "What does it feel like to be sad, to mourn, to shed a tear for those you care for?" Faith asked
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Moon listened quietly, knowing nothing she could say would do anything.
When he posed the question, she mulled it over for a long while, before answering from experience. "It's knowing that they loved you, and you loved them. It's knowing that they would do anything for you, and you for them. I gues it depends and varies, depending on the relationship, but it's something that's hard to not do when you loose them. They often take something with them. And some take more than they should." She murmured the last sentence, thinking of the half of her personality she had to keep in check, an why it had been there in the first place.
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Faith looked at the dragoness as she spoke, listening to what she had to say before looking back at the pillar... "love... I do not know the concept... nor sorrow, nor happiness... yet... here I am... something drives me to care, to be here... to avenge them..." he said narrowing his eyes while looking at the pillar growling faintly "to do... To the murderers what they did to THEM..." he hissed in anger his claws digging into the dirt, "they were suppose to be our protectors... to defend us from 'our' enemies... they were suppose to be good... AND THEY MURDERED THEM!" he growled angrily eyes glaring.

"What is good but a mere perception of ones concept, what is evil but one who does not go by your law, one who does not follow your way... Dark... light... good... evil... its all a mere illusion... a mask for the tyrants that murder the innocent... my... my family!" he snarled

"my brothers... sisters... my mother... father... everyone..." he whispered lowering his head a little.
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:08 pm

The dragoness flinched visibly at the dragon's sudden change in temperament, and she covered her head with her wing, slightly crouching. On account of her alter ego, any form of above-average amount of stress, violence, anger, or just about any other negative emotion pushed on her too hard could send her over the edge. As a result, she constantly acted timid and much like a pushover. When his rage died, she uncovered her hea and continued. "Th-that's what love is. It's hard to describe, but it's the need to protect the ones you feel for. No matter the cost, whether they are still with you or not." She replied shakily. "I can tell you from personal experience." She whispered the last sentence, and lowered her head.
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Faith Looked at the dragoness when she spoke in a shaky voice looking over her wondering why she acted like that... perhaps it was his outburst... scared her or something, he did not really know.

"Love..." he said looking at the pillar... "it does not seem like the 'love' my parents showed each other... I do not understand..." he said.

Faith looked back down at the Dragoness "forgive me... but what is your name? I am Eternities Faith... call me Faith... and tell me... what bothers you so, child?" he asked
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Moon remained slightly crouched in wariness, and her wings were held close and up towards her head. She looked at him in the eye, though her voice remained shaky as she tried to remain calm. She wasn't scared, but rather preferred to act that way It often deterred dragons from provoking her. And her timidness saved their lives. "M-MoonShade. You can c-call me Moon." She answered, then looked away sadly as she began-a short rendition of-her story. "My family lived outside the Nightwing tribe and territories, but they were still respected members. W-we had heard of the humans attacking and enslaving dragons, but never assumed they would come so close. They killed my parents when they wouldn't be captured. Me, my older brother and younger sister were captured. StarLight-my brother-died of starvation within a few weeks there. I gave the little food I had to my sister-MoonLight-because I was just learning to use my shadow abilities, and realized I could feed off them to survive. Though I wasn't as strong as I would be with real food. The humans later decided my sister and I were too scrawny and small to work, and tried to kill us. I tried to save her, but there were so many..." She trailed off in choking sob, when her voice hardened into a snarl. "They woke it up." She didn't give Faith the chance to question what it was, as her eyes flashed a sudden, bold, crimson red before returning to blue as she spoke. "Due to my Shadow abilities and past, the humans woke my alter ego. A vicious and ruthless personality that can't tell friend from foe, and will stop at nothing until there's nothing left, or I regain control." She shook her head when she felt the rage boiling, and calmed herself again, returning to her timid appearance. "I loved her. And I was going to do everything I could for her. I was prepared to die if it mean saving her. She was the only thing in my world I cared for at the time. As my world had been growing smaller. And it hasn't grown back."
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:47 am

"You did all you could that is all one could ever ask for... but this rage..." faith said looking at her eyes with his mysterious silver eyes... through them as he looked at her... he could see a darker aspect shrouding her like a shadow... "you can use it... harness it... control it" faith said... "in ancient times i was known as 'Black Star' the harbinger of darkness... darkness is eternity... it was around before like it will be here after the last light fades, harbinger... the bringer of darkness... hence... Eternities Faith...  darkness in forever... and with my power... much like phantom herself... i can creat any spell my dark heart desires.... anything..." faith said while looking to moon.

Taking a deep breath "deer child... my vengence has failed... its long overdue... but you... there is still a chance for you to make things right, what is good and evil but a preception of those who do not see things your way, i can teach you to controle it... to use it... be the master... do not cower in the shadows child... it is time that you step up and take controle... darkness is but a tool... of infinit power... it is always and forever... and you been chosen to wield this gift... but darkness is not generous... it tests you... proove to the darkness you are worthy. Take the gift... take controle... you have a power no one else has... i can mimic your power... but its never the same power..." Faith  said.

Standing over her in a pideful way "stand by my side and you shall not go astrayn.. i will be your guiding light" faith said.
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Moon looked up at the dragon once he had finished his speech, and looked away, slightly confused. She didn't like the way he spoke to her, but she could use the help. She was tired of having to keep her alter ego in check, tired of being unable to express any emotion properly, and tired of the nagging lump in the back of her head. Like a thought that doesn't go away, it wasn't annoying, but disturbing. She then looked back at him. "If there's no strings attached, then I'd love the help."
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:24 pm

"forgive my words... decades of battle and war, develops habit... but no... there are no strings attached, you are free to come and go, and ask all you want, there is no contract, no strings" Faith said looking at Moonshade.

"all I ask, is you endure, it will be hard, and long, for whatever cause you wish to use the gift for is your choice, even if only to silence it, and never use it" faith added

Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Moon gave a slight, derisive snort at his last comment, incredibly out of character for her. "I've endured more than many dragons can say they have. That's not an issue. If you want to help, I accept." She said, turning a slight smile towards him.
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Faith nodded, "in my time, you would be a soldier fighting a world war as a child in todays standards... back then, you were an adult the moment you hit puberty... but back then, things were so much simpler, tribes back then were kingdoms, at first there were only the prime elements, fire, water, earth, and wind... until a dragon by the name of Azadum Gemini... united the anarchy of the black dragons of the wastes... under one flag, united, strong... our brotherhood was strong, we grew fast, our ability to remain invisible at night, and see past lies gave us the ultimate advantage, it as the first era, the dawn era... such a thing had not happened for as long as our elders told us stories of the night wings uniting like they have... but you see we were new... young... so the Covenant, a group of 'noble' dragons who protected the week..." he said with a scoff referring to the covenant... "murders they were... Azadum was the hair to the leadership of the new nightwings... when his father was assassinated he took throne... he was my best friend... and so we vowed vengeance... and the great war started...for decades it raged... but... we lost..." faith said...

"but... that is a story for another time... a story of true honor, bravery..." faith looked back to Moon, "I intend on rebuilding my temple, I developed the spell to make it new... there, I can teach you to control the power inside you, and maybe one day you can call it your own..." he said looking back to the grave of his parents, and speaking more silently, "my time was over long ago... I don't belong in this world... and one day... I must take my leave... there are legends... for those a old as I... and if they are true... I cannot be here when they happen" he whispered
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:02 pm

MoonShade looked at the dragon with slight wonder as he spoke. She was-despite living here a while-quite new to everything, as she often only watched things go by, and never interacted. And then new things as well. She tilted her head at him when he said his last sentence, and worriedly asked: "Why not?" It may have sounded incredibly naive, but it was mere curiosity, and Moon was anything but naive.
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Faith looked at Moon, while he looked fairly young and could not possibly be old... but in his eyes, one could tell he lived longer than anyone, and his body did not age with his mind.

"how to explain..." faith said thinking for a bit... "They say... that magic... has its own mind... a subconscious in a way... Silly as it sounds... but have you ever wondered how 'miracles' happen, they are no just random... here on Pyrria, these anomalies are stronger than anywhere else due to the concentration of magic and the presence of Phantom the goddess of magic... our minds... they are always adapting always evolving... and my mind... for thousands of years... longer than any other in existence, had nothing to do, but think... and think... or thousands... and thousands of years... but our minds can only do so much... they say being of pure magic comes for you... to move on... and the radiant power of the magic that has built inside you is released... into an ultimate form... entire islands and mountains have been known to disappear with them... never to be heard of or seen again... when this happens to me... I cannot be here... as anything in the vicinity will be materialized down to the fabrics of magic... and me... I am a spell weaver... I can bend weave and alter the very fabric of magic... only the goddess phantom has such power... there was already a ton of magic inside me... but now... after thousands of years... god know what I have in store... god knows what I will take with me when this mortal body cannot contain the mass amount of magic within me... magic is ever growing, it never runs out never runs low, it just grows and grows... elders were surprised I did not dematerialize into a magic aura when I was born... and here I am... the limits of my own body approach... I know this... because I can feel it... my time is growing closer every day... I don't know when... months... years... but sometime... in this life... I must take my leave... it will happen... and there is nothing I can do to stop it or slow it down... all I can do is wait... or accelerate my end."
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonShade Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Moon looked away slightly, processing this information. After being unable to decide exactly what to say, she only looked at him. "I..sorry...I know it's not much, but I think it's all I can say." She said, smiling slightly. Then-wanting to change the subject away from a such a dark one, switched to another dark one. "Where do we start?"
MoonShade
MoonShade
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternities Faith Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Faith nodded, "first... we rebuild my temple, and then we can start... come let us take our leave of this grave... there is much to be done towards you gaining control of the power in you" faith said before turning around and began to head towards the edge of the plateau once arriving there faith looked out over the horizon and then looked back at Moonshade, "follow me" Faith said before taking off to the skies with a powerful eat of his wings, where he then flew towards a temple ruins, overgrown with plants and moss the only thing still standing was an eerie black arch that nothing was growing on or around it...

"This use to be my temple, before it was ruins, it was grand, spacious... fit for someone like... me..." he said looked back at moonshade before then standing on his hind legs and raised his palms, "just... don't move..." he said... his palms then began to glow purple with a magical aura, the aura then branched out across the ruins, the ground began to slightly shake stones began to rise... reform and rebuild it was like watching time in reverse as the temple slowly began to rebuild itself... the towers reached higher and higher to the skies the walls following in pursuit, soon the ceiling was built over then, the floor smoothed out into black marble, in the center of this massive room high above was a giant purple sphere of some sort providing a purple light throughout the entire main hall, it floated in the center high above their heads seemingly constantly arching with purple energy... after a bit faith lowered his paws back down and stood back on all four feet...

the pillars lined either side of the hall up high to the ceiling, candle posts lined the central hall along a crimson carpet they stood upon, looking down at the end of the hall was a massive twin doors leading outside at the other end was a round room, Faith walking up to that room with a wave of his hands multiple silver spheres rose from the ground and began to circle the largest sphere in the center.

The Room (click link to see the room)

the ring and marking in the circle began to glow blue, these.... these are the tools of a Spell weaver... they enhance the capabilities to bend, alter, and weave the very fabric of magic... on top of that... they allow me to see all sources of power in al of pyrria. he said walking up to the largest sphere putting his palm on it a 'holographic' (magic kind) image appeared around the and entire map of Pyrria right now it was blank... "From here... I can watch the movements of others with magic..." he said as then little blue dots began to appear all over the map... "sources of great power..." he said as then 7 purple dots appeared each of them at the locations of each tribal citadel, "and other sources too" he said as then a red dot appeared where they were at this temple, and a few other locations o the map... "if it has magic..." he said looking to Moonshade "I can control it... I can see it... like phantom herself... magic cannot hide from me... and all dragons have magic..." he said zooming in to the lightwing temple figured showed up.. very noticeable ones too... Devi, and Lucian, in the Lightwing Palace, faith and Moonshade could hear them talking too, they were talking about preparing for the new lightwing leadership and such. faith then closed the device and stepped back the spheres resumed rotating...

"There are only two Beings in the world that can operate this relic... Me and Phantom, only those who can control magic can use it, to others... there just shiny silver spheres" he chuckled
Eternities Faith
Eternities Faith
NightWing Scholar
NightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down