Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Torrential downpour Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Torrential downpour Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Torrential downpour

2 posters

Go down

Torrential downpour Empty Torrential downpour

Post by Compass Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 am

Name: Weeping Cloud,
one is called a Weeper

Threat level: Low/high

Appearance: Small, white, cat-like creatures that vary in size but are always somewhere around the size of the average human. They have feathered wings on their back and long rabbit like ears. Their eyes are large and cloudy, with a constant stream of acidic tears issuing from them.

Behavior: They fly in flocks of close to a thousand, and roll across the landscape like, well, a cloud. As they do so, they create human like screams that sound like crying children, all the while acidic tears pour from their eyes, shriveling and wilting the plants they touch, and creating rain storms beneath them. Often when these creatures come to rest in the canopy of trees, their tears pile up on the forest floor and create massive flood damage, and when they finally leave the forest may have the appearance of a swamp. These creatures are very similar to locusts, as they will eat any small creature unfortunate enough to cross paths with them.

These creatures are born from unkind and envious people, souls who were jealous of other in life and could not stand for it, even in death they group together and fly around the world wishing nothing more than to inflict pain on people who had more than them in life. They swarm their prey and attack from all angles like a hive of bees,

There are sightings of a large version of these creatures, larger than a full sized Earthwing, at 120 feet. This creature has massive moose like horns protruding from their head, and an almost ethereal presence to them, this beast does not cry like their cousins. The larger Weeper is a Weeper who seems to have come to terms with their past, accepted the unfairness of their life and the jealousy of their ways, and has ascended to a state of nirvana. This beast flies around Pyrria with its cousins, guiding them away from settlements and more towards less populated places, hoping that they too might no longer want to seek destruction. Its efforts prove to be in vain however.

The large beast acts as if its flock is just misunderstood, and if one attempts to attack the Weeping Cloud in its presence it will attempt to rip their spirit from their body and drag them to the afterlife. Rip meaning literally rip, they grapple their victim with their massive paws and tear and tear until they resemble nothing close to what they were.

Basic summary: Small, white creatures that flock together to imitate storm clouds. They eat all small lifeforms (humans, livestock), often leaving no food for other creatures, causing them to starve. The swamp like wasteland they leave behind them is sometimes so destroyed, that plants cannot grow there for months.

Last edited by Compass on Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:33 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting.)
Compass
Compass

Male Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Torrential downpour Empty Re: Torrential downpour

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Hm. Well, a couple notes. If there are two different sizes of these creatures, even if there are variations in the appearance, then this monster should be categorized as Low/High. The low threat level variant should be about the same size as humans and prey on them, not eating fruits and plants. The same goes for the dragon-sized ones; they should prey on dragons. Remember, the monsters are a threat to the native races of this world and each threat level decides which of those races they are a danger to. You should also try to give an idea of how they fight so staff or anyone else rping a monster can accurately portray them.

Other than that, this isn't a bad submission, you did well with describing how they look and behave. You could use a little more description for the high threat level variant, however, again primarily giving their abilities, how they fight.

And you submitted this in the right place, so good work! If you have any questions about monsters, you can go ahead and ask here or jump into the chat sometime. You can ask in chat even if I'm not in there; I can look at the archives to see if you said anything, and you can as well. When you're in the chat, just hit the archive button.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Compass Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:20 pm

I don't really think the size of the monster should effect how dangerous it is, these creatures form an enormous rain cloud that causes floods and kills off food sources, I personally consider that a danger, but I just don't really see flying cat monsters as a carnivorous human-eating threat just thought that'd be kind of silly.
Compass
Compass

Male Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:37 am

Nonsense, I have a Manticore character who pretty much exclusively preys on humans. Not silly at all.

Well that's just how it works--imagine trying to create a human sized monster and saying it would prey on dragons, it doesn't make sense when the dragon could just step on it. But more than that, we need a specific size or size range to go off of for roleplaying, especially since monsters showing up in a topic means there's going to be some degree of combat.

But I suppose if they're only targeting human settlements--which they should if they're going to be Low Threat Level--then maybe it wouldn't be that big a deal (the size thing I mean. As far as the rest of this, it's pretty interesting). Mind you, I'm just one staff member; if we decide to add more monsters to our list at some point, the others will have a look and may likely have their own opinions.

As for the dragon sized version of this monster, what sort of threat do they pose to dragons? If you're not intending for them to do anything but just kinda be there as some mysterious monster that the smaller version may or may not consider a deity--which kinda contradicts the fact that they are driven purely by the instinct to feed and seem to have no real intelligence--then it might be best not the mention the larger version. But if you want to have them around, you should come up with abilities and combat style for them and change the threat level of this monster from Low to Low-High. And don't forget to provide a size for them. Saying they are dragon sized definitely gives an idea, but do they get as big as an EarthWing, or only about the size of a SeaWing? Again, as well as determining which race they'll like be dangerous against, it makes rping with them easier.

Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Compass Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:48 pm

I think I found a good way to format this creature more for this site, hopefully it seems a brutal force!
Compass
Compass

Male Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:43 pm

So now the smaller version preys on humans and livestock, but they are still small enough to sit on a human's shoulder. Your description for the larger version is better, but how much larger than an adult EarthWing? Keep in mind that an adult EarthWing may not actually be at the max height yet; that's why specifying a size is so important. I'd suggest making the smaller version around the size of a human and if you're wanting the larger one to be a little bigger than a full grown EarthWing, provide a height above 100ft. I know you don't think a creatures size should matter, but details like that really are important in roleplaying.

How do these creatures attack? Do they just swarm or are they more coordinated? How about the larger version. It doesn't have to be super specific, you just have to give an idea of how they fight so staff or whoever else can rp them properly. You wouldn't want to put a lot of time into a monster idea and then have people not portray them correctly when they use them, right?

Are they able to cry normal tears and acid, or did you just it to just acid? I ask because it still says at the beginning that they cry fresh water, but in behavior you mean acid.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Compass Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Sorry, Ive always had ideas in my head but ive never really written a bio for something that isn't a playable character. The original idea for this creature is somewhat different but I thought changing it would be for the better, at least so people can understand it a bit more and give it some more context.
Compass
Compass

Male Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:36 pm

It's fine. I know it can be tough to adjust to a different style of doing things. I'm just glad you didn't get too frustrated or anything, I wouldn't have wanted that. If we ever decide to add more monsters, we'll give this a look along with any others you submit.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum