Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Once I'm gone  Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Once I'm gone  Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Once I'm gone

3 posters

Go down

Once I'm gone  Empty Once I'm gone

Post by Incus Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:46 pm

The moon settled upon the Earthen Lands as the sun settled below the horizon, it's limelight engulfing anything in its path. For this time monsters were more active as any other time for a spider or an owl to hunt. Bats screeched, lightning bugs gleamed their little lights and the insects chirped almost as if the tide of monsters hadn't even affected them. The major decrease of dragons were apparent though but not to nature, however it was a lucky but not so lucky break for one particular dragon, a double edge sword to say.

Since his banishment from his own father's realm, and the backs his fellow siblings turned long ago, Incus for all he knew was the last remaining Nightfury of the mortal realm. He still carried resentment toward his family save for one who he thought were dead, it still worried him as to the whereabouts of his old family. Blood was blood, Incus figured them dead or simply gone, but still it would have nice to at least have knowledge if any of them survived. As much as he loved seclusion and his own thoughts, it would have been nice to see a dragon. His thoughts swarmed his mind as he landed to the same raging river he always visited, every day and night, it was where he fished for most of his meals.

Incus was usually a night owl, but lately he had trouble sleeping, he didn't know whether or not it was the fact he liked being alone, which bothered him nowadays, or the fact he had a bad luck I'm finding fellow survivors. Hell, he doubt anyone knew him, everyone knew his brothers and sisters, but Incus was never treated on an equal level as they. He was secondhand, sure he played with his siblings and once in a while him and Nimbus spent time together, but mostly he was left out. Maybe that was the reason for being so skittish and shy around other dragons? Incus never really had much contact if any with others.

This was what made it dangerous for the Nightfury, he had no friends nor allies, not even an acquaintance or enemy for heaven's sake! It was just he and himself. He knew no one else. Incus looked down at the stretched light of the moon and closed his eyes, monsters didn't come to the river because it's loudness affected their hearing and in turn affected their hunting. Well most of them at least.

Incus opened his eyes and looked to the sky and said in a prayer, not of guidance but of a simple question, "Nimbus, I'm not surprised you have yet to make any appearance. What do you think of my current position? I doubt you've ever really cared, and I doubt you're too busy to actually answer."

The Nightfury sighed, knowing he'd never get his answer. Last time he saw Nimbus it almost ended in a fight, an argument gone sour that could have possibly ended Incus' life. If not for the eldest siblings intervention Incus wouldn't be sitting here right now. He shook the thoughts, plunging his head in the rushing cold water to help repress what had happened. What's done is done. And Incus would stare at the sky, giving a harsh sigh before standing and walking along the rivers edge.
Incus
Incus

Male Posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Once I'm gone  Empty Re: Once I'm gone

Post by Cygnus Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:40 am

Cygnus flew through the trees, happily landing on almost every branch he came too. He looked around smiling at some of the new things he hadn't seen before.... Except that bug that bit him. He soon landed on the ground, looking to his sister, Andromeda, giggling a bit as he picked up something.

"Look at this. The leaf looks like Mama's fan." Cyg waved the fan-like leaf a little before looking around, wondering what else there was. "Think there's anything else?"
Cygnus
Cygnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 pm

While Cygnus was landing on just about every branch they came across Andromeda was having more fun dodging the branches and doing so with different maneuvers to make it interesting and challenging. She was glad Aurora wasn't here though. She'd just turn it into a competition which would have ruined the simple enjoyment Andromeda got out of it.

Her sky ballet came to a halt though when Cygnus wanted to show off some leaf which he comment looked like mom's fan. Of all things someone could come up with why that? He then asked an odd question. "Any way I approach that question the answer is the same. Most likely yes." Andromeda had long since realized she was the smartest of her siblings. It could be frustrating at times.

"River!" The blue eyed Fury suddenly shouted. Launching back into the air she flew to the river before diving in with an elegant splash. Her head popped out of the water and she swam in place against the current enjoying the feel of the water flowing around her.
Andromeda
Andromeda

Back to top Go down

Post by Incus Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Incus strode along the rivers edge and stopped by a neat pile of stacked rocks. He'd seen humans did this as a sign of burial for a loved one or someone close to them. It crossed his mind, if he really were the last Nightfury then he really had to uphold a burden and reputation, that being an elusive hermit. To him, it wasn't an option, he didn't want to end up like the rest of these foo-

"River!" Incus heard very faintly, thanks to his hearing the roar of the river wasn't the only thing he could hear... mostly. He heard a splash of water and watched a dark figure swim against the currents. Incus almost turned and flew off if not for the moonlights help in sight, he could almost identify the figures head as... almost as his own. Either this was a horrid hallucination or it was bad dream, Incus was supposed to be the last! How was it possible for there to be more?!

Lowering his body he slowly crept to the form, stopping perhaps twenty feet from it. There he could make out the dragon better, and to both his relief and confusion it looked like a Nightfury. If this was what it looked like, where were they this whole time? That question lingered in Incus' mind as he stared for a few moments to get a better handle on reality.

Incus rose slowly, clearing his throat so he could speak clearly. He was a black dragon, blending in with the background would give any stranger a tough time to identify him. Even if the moon light helped, one would have to get close to Incus in order to properly see him. He allowed his blue stripes to glow, allowing the individual to view him better.

"Excuse me," Incus began, trying not to sound as awkward as possible, "Could I speak with you, for a moment please?" Incus was close enough to hear over the river, perhaps a tad difficult but no doubt the dragon could have heard him, right?
Incus
Incus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cygnus Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:19 am

Cygnus rolled his eyes a little bit at Andromeda's response, but soon followed her the moment she yelled river. He was quick to follow his slightly smaller sister as she jumped in right after her. He chuckled a bit, seeing that his blue scales hid blended quite well with the water. He was enjoying himself until he heard a voice.

Another dragon! Cyg was quick to swim between his sister and the newcomer, his scales glowing blue. He may not have had Andromeda's brain, but he was stronger, and more protective. Then he noticed that he was a Night Fury. While Cyg stayed wary, he gave a curious look.
Cygnus
Cygnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:46 am

Andromeda was too busy enjoying the gentle massage of the water over her body. She didn't notice the other Nightfury until it stood up and began to glow.

Andromeda didn't think anything of it was just a little unusual. "Mom?" Andromeda asked a little unsure. It wasn't until he spoke that she realized this was not mom. She shrieked if suprise and instinctively escaped into a different dimension and riding the dimensional parallel river down a ways. She could still see what was going in her home dimension but she would effectively vanish as if she had teleported across the world or something.

Cygnus was quick to move in front of where she had been a moment ago probably subconsciously protecting since he knows she is still there or at least near there.

"Excuse me, could I speak with you, for a moment please?" The unknown Nightfury asked.

Andromeda didn't perceive anything potentially hostile in his tone and it was quite weird to see one of her own kind she didn't recognize. The only Nightfuries were related to mom in some way and mom had said they had all died, that we we're the last. Andromeda landed on the ground about 10 feet from him and reentered her native dimension appearing before him.

"Who are you?" The blue eyed Fury asked.
Andromeda
Andromeda

Back to top Go down

Post by Incus Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:59 pm

As he stepped forward, the young Nightfury shrieked and... disappeared. It happened in a sudden flash that the older Fury almost took off, but then he saw another one jump where she had been. It wasn't until he realized his blue colors were flashing brilliantly that Incus was ready to fire a blast, maybe out of old habits or simply the actions taken place. He sighed exhaled deeply, the blue colors along his scales slowly lessened until they were like a dim ember. The older Fury waited for a moment to cool down before he heard the young voice.

"Who are you? Asked the young dragon.

'Who am I...?' Thought the Fury, knowing the question he always asked yet he would never had thought that question was asked toward him.

"I am..." Incus hesitated, he wasn't sure about this all of sudden, he hadn't had actual contact with another dragon in so long, his own kin even longer. He was orphaned by a dead mother and rejected by a father. Incus answered, quietly but loud enough for the youngings to hear, "My name is Incus, son of Nimbus."

'Son of Nimbus,' Incus repeated in his head, as much as he loathed that name it was true, he was, was, the son of a god of death. Hence the glowing blue scales. But Incus did give credit, that same name gave fear and allowed him to avoid other dragon who were religious. It allowed him seclusion until this moment of curiousness got the better.
Incus
Incus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cygnus Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:32 am

Cyg stayed a bit wary of the new Fury, still glowing blue when Andromeda appeared in front of him. The glow quickly vanished as she asked her question, and the blue scaled Night Fury hatchling walked next to his sister. He looked up at the dragon, who called himself Incus, and just stared. It was clear that the hatchling still didn't trust him.
Cygnus
Cygnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Incus Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:08 am

((Bump, ya lazy lizard))
Incus
Incus

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 pm

(How dare you call me a lizard. I should just ignore this topic)

"Incus huh?" Andromeda regarded him carefully but again she didn't sense anything too hostile from him. She carefully stepped closer to him and took in his scent. He was such a big nightfury it was weird. Up until now the biggest of their kind she had seen was her mother. "Well Incus my name is Andromeda and this is my brother Cygnus. What's that crazy glowy thing you were doing?" Andromeda asked before she started circling Incus looking for any signs of a blue glow. She was also talking in his features and his unique coloring. She had to admit she found him rather cool.
Andromeda
Andromeda

Back to top Go down

Post by Incus Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:44 pm

"O-oh... Forgive, this usually doesn't happen." Incus apologized and attempted to make the bioluminescence disappear... only it didn't, and instead grew a tad brighter causing a sigh to escape the larger Furies maw. This wasn't the response of his power blazing up. No no, this was his excitement, excitement he was no longer the only Night Fury. Still, where were the parents? Lest they were cast out like he?

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Andromeda and Cygnus. This crazy glow is when my power is charging. It's only natural for some of us to do it, I had siblings who had red and even purple glows." Incus explained, cautious that the young dragoness surrounded him, it was clear he wasn't fine with that but fought to urge to flee like usual. No, he needed to be social, it wouldn't be fair for him to fall into that dark place. Not again, "I assume you two don't have this?"
Incus
Incus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cygnus Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:54 am

Cyg still wasn't sure him and his sister could trust this Fury, but he did seem to get more comfortable when Andromeda approached unworried. He was protective of his siblings yes, but he trusted Andromeda a lot. This was Aurora who he'd probably have had to hold back by now. She was smarter then him. He followed his sisters lead, sniffing Incus and circling him, amazed by the glowing color.

He noted his siblings had glows too, tied to their powers. And then assumed they didn't have a weird glow like that. Cyg tilted his head, looking at Andromeda before answering. "I... I kinda do.
Cygnus
Cygnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 am

Andromeda would be lying if she claimed she didn't enjoy this right now. Such a big dragon a little unnerved by her diminutive frame checking him out. She wasn't like her sister Aurora she couldn't do anything to him if she tried her hardest. In fact both her and Cygnus couldn't do a thing to him if he turned out to be a threat. This bothered Andromeda for a moment before she calmed herself down and told herself to trust her instincts. They had never failed her before and there was no reason they would fail her here.

"Umm Cygnus is the only one that glows. I can do this though."

After saying that Andromeda vanished from sight seeming to completely vanish from this world. Even as she walked to a different location within view of Incus not a sound was made and not ever the ground below was disturbed by her foot steps. She then appeared in a different location.

"Peek a boo." The best part about it is it looks like I'm teleporting but I'm actually not. See." Andromeda said entering the other dimension once more but this time she was still visible. She reached her leg forward like she was going to touch Incus's leg but instead her leg passed right through his like she was an intangible illusion or something. "So what is charging up exactly? What do you do?"
Andromeda
Andromeda

Back to top Go down

Post by Incus Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Incus carefully watched Andromeda but was shocked when she seemingly disappeared. This made him extremely nervous as she popped back to his side and it almost made him panic. He didn't show it with his body though but rather his eyes as they grew a little wider than what he would have liked. Incus was certainly larger but being away from mortal-kind affected him to a very high degree. Being the son of Nimbus affected him to the extreme, and so trust was hard to come by. And her explanation of the ability was... confusing.

"Oh... oh, my charging? Well... I can fire powerful blasts... but when I'm being cautious it sometimes get out of control." Incus was clearly skeptical of the question and wanted to be careful with who to say that to.
Incus
Incus

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 pm

"When you're cautious it gets out of control? That sounds silly." Andromeda giggled. "Well we've been away awhile, we better get home before we get in trouble. It was nice to meet you, I hope we see you again." Andromeda said before taking off. They weren't suppose to stray too far from home which they had and Andromeda did not want to get in trouble. The last thing she wanted was to be on mom and dad's trouble radar like Aurora.
Andromeda
Andromeda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum