Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris)

2 posters

Go down

Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris) Empty Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris)

Post by malaki Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:10 pm

"You must" Malaki's mother insisted as she grabbed her sons leg as he was leaving. "Our people are dying, when was the last time you have seen a hatchling? We are not related by blood. For the future of our people you must."

Malaki would not hear of it and growled to kick her fore claw free. "It is only logical my child, there is no shame in it, just survival. If you love your people you know it must be done. Children are the future". Malaki could not argue with his adoptive mother. Her logic and reason was undeniable. But it was to much for him to think about now with the all the other problems he was dealing with. But the seed was planted in his mind. It was a thought that would haunt his mind later.

The young night wing did as he always did when time allowed, ventured into the onyx citadel in search of knowledge to sears. Tonight was no different. No different except the books about seers on the table was now cluttered with recorded Night wing family trees.

He liked to think that his tribe was very good at recording everything from birth, deeds, till death. But there was nothing about him in tribal recorded history accept that he was an orphan and adopted. In that the records were up to date. With that in mind his mother, no, adoptive mothers words hung heavy in his mind. A necessary evil for a greater good. Even he could see the logic in it.

Taking a claw and moving the scrolls about the family tree on the table out the way he picked up one related to "Mahari the mad" A night wing seer so gifted he was driven to madness. Malaki could not help but think if that was his future when he started to read the scroll by candle light. The flames reflecting off the surface of the goggles he wore over his light sensitive eyes. He even started to wonder if he should have said anything back in school about his visions as a hatchling.

Whispers, moving shadows, such were the symptoms of when the poison potion he took was starting to wear off. Symptoms of the visions to come. Taking a vial out one of the chest harness pouches Malaki wore he swallowed the bitter fluid and grimaced as his blood started to burn like fire in his veins. It was a pain he was getting used to. Such was the price of peace. Peace from the visions that showed the lives, and futures of others he did not even know. From dragons to humans, even monsters.

All strands in a web he did not, or want to understand.

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris) Empty Re: Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris)

Post by Tenebris Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Tenebris made his way through the crepuscular obsidian halls of the Citadel, while usually on such times outside of his duties he had as of late allowed himself to fall into melancholy within his private quarters to contemplate and brood he knew that being alone with his own thoughts would merely just torment him further in an ever forlorn ineptitude to hold him from his duties. Instead the Archon had decided to pay a visit of somesorts, it had come to his attention of a young Nightwing spending a vast majority of time within the Library study of the Citadel, once a place Tenebris would marvel in often even more so than his private study if only to once share in the company of his protegé Loque before his disappearance and then later the Master Apothecary Skalax before his death who would often deliberate within the Library Spire if only to pull ancient scrolls and other such documents from their resting places to use as source material in presenting ideas and lore to Tenebris. To some degree Tenebris still wondered how many other Dragons had decided to take advantage of the knowledge stored there now that it was open to all refugees who resided within the Citadel despite Tenebris’s cynical nature telling him it would be very few..

Tenebris had heard of the interesting young Dragon’s exploits within the Library through mere rumour, apparently a frequent visitor what caused Tenebris to muse if the young Dragon was searching for something in particular or merely basking in all the knowledge presented there. In the past Tenebris would have his spies and Inquisitors find out all information about this frequent visitor if only to satisfy the Archon’s own interest but now such institutions were in ruin, Tenebris would arrive with no pre-knowledge on the Dragon what awaited him up the spiral staircase. Tenebris had made it a point that there was to be no aerie platforms for which another Dragon could land immediately at the apex of the Spire as to disturb anyone who would be indulging in the knowledge of the past, and the glossed obsidian walls were only build with enough space to allow only Nightwings and those of a smaller size to comfortably make their way up the stairs.

In hindsight Tenebris now regretted the practicality of the stairwell, ever since his injuries during the fall of the Imperium’s Capital he occasionally was forced to limp from his right foreclaw, causing the effort ever upwards to be one of considerable disdain for the Archon which also served as a constant reminded he was no longer the vigorous regal Dragon he once was, he now bore a mutilated scar across the right side of his visage which trails from the rear of his right eye down across his maw, upon his coal like scales on his side were several more disfiguring scars what made the once elegant Archon seem as though he had been mauled. Inhaling as he entered the Library chamber as he reached the zenith of the stairs, he mustered his usual calm solemn dignified posture, resting his right foreclaw on the smooth surface of the onyx floor but in a manner where he allowed his weight to be shifted in between his other three limbs.

The eerie sapphire shrewd glare of Tenebris examined the library, his eyes narrowing in silent scrutiny as though a predator on the hunt, before his gaze finally found the Young Dragon, brazenly gulping down some variety of alchemedic liquid substance. Tenebris noticed the goggles of the young Dragon, it was a common defect more and more of the Nightwing Tribe shared, being a predominantly nocturnal Tribe their sight allowed them the advantage within the darkness of the night but it often hindered them when they reacted to the brightness of the day. Lowering his head in a humble manner in a bow of acknowledgement and mutual respect Tenebris spoke feigning ignorance as if he didn’t see that the other Dragon had drank any substance “Why hello there young friend, I’ve heard you frequent this library often. Tell me, do you enjoy my collection?”, Tenebris would then attempt a smile towards Malaki however due to the mutilated disfiguring scars upon his visage his smirk would contort and twist into more of a sadistic wolfish sneer on the right hand side.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris) Empty Re: Nessesary Evil For A Greater Good (Tenebris)

Post by malaki Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:22 pm

“Why hello there young friend, I’ve heard you frequent this library often. Tell me, do you enjoy my collection?”

The words caught Malaki completely off guard and he turned to look at its source only to find the Archon himself. Wasting no time the young night wing was quick to lower his head in submission. He barely had the time to even notice the tribe leaders disfigurement. Being adopted into the lowest social class in night wing society he grew up being use to lowering his head in respect to pretty much everyone in the tribe as there lives were deemed worth more then his. But the Archon was not just anyone.

Malaki was at a bit of a loss at the proper way to address him. He grew up with the notion he would be lucky to even have a dragon of such high rank even look at him much less talk to him. He was a nobody. But on that thought Malaki preferred it that way. He had been warned of the tribe leader with stories that are less then flattering.

"Forgive me lord Archon. I did not know you were here. I will leave immediately after I clean up for you."  With that Malaki simply rolled up the scrolls on the table and started to put them back on the shelves exactly as he found them. The entire time Malaki kept his head hanging low with eyes facing the floor as he was taught as a hatchling in school when in the presence of everyone in the tribe higher in social status them him.

Wordlessly he started to leave.

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Tenebris mused as the young Nightwing lowered his head in affirmation to his presence before raising his right eye ridge in an inquisitive manner as the young Dragon began to return his variety of scrolls and tomes. Such apprehension even amongst his fellow Nightwings Tenebris had come to expect, his foreboding nature even in times of at ease often brought forth a wariness in his kin, something Tenebris often benefited from when it suited a purpose, trepidation was a worthy quality for Nightwings especially in such a chaotic and unforgiven time.

The Archon would scoff, not out of disdain or scorn but merely to get the young Dragons attention as he maneuvered himself even despite the pain in his foreclaw in an ethereal serpentine like manner to block the path of Malaki. He’d raise his right foreclaw, his ink stained talons spreading to show off his palm as a gesture for the young Dragon to halt. “Please, it is rare that I often find others here within the tower, tis’ certainly a good change to isolation, wouldn’t you agree?”, Tenebris’s hoarse august tone was spoken in a matter of factly fashion. “There is no need for your apology, truth be told tis’ you who must forgive me for my disturbance, I did not intend to cause a hindrance to disturb your erudition. These works are for all brothers and sisters of our fold to satiate themselves with. After all it was the reason to why I allowed the admission of this archive to all who desired the knowledge of these tomes. We find ourselves in an era where knowledge and the lessons of our forefathers could of been lost during the fall of the capital, and what remains should not be hoarded but shared so that newer generations such as yourself have the means and insight to progress so that our culture does not stagnate and devolve”.

Moving his claws to the silver ring adorning one of his horns he allowed a twisted wry smile to spread across his features as his gaze shifted to the scrolls previously the young Dragon was reading attentively, “You must forgive me once more however, it is not often I am so freely able to deliberate in confidence, speaking of which, please Tenebris alone will do, there is no need for formalities there is no ceremony here, you must acquaint me though young one, who do I owe the pleasure?”, Tenebris now remained with his attention fixated upon Malaki, it would also be noticeable that the Archon made no attempt to move his posture to allow Malaki exit from the library still blocking the young Dragons way.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by malaki Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Malaki had taken the Archons words before as a subtle and polite way of telling him to leave. He soon found out otherwise as the tribe leader moved with grave achieve from many long years of practice to block his path. Malaki could almost hear the words in his that would be spoken next. "Did I say you could leave?" But those words did not come. What was said Malaki could never have anticipated.

Malaki kept his head low until the tribe leaders ink stained talons appeared in in his field of vision. Claws that were open, almost inviting. As the Archon spoke he dared to lift his head up and actually look upon him. Indeed the archon in the flesh was a weathered dragon covered in scars unlike the paintings, murals, and tapestry's Malaki has seen.

He could not help but agree with the Archon on isolation. "So few of us, far to few". Was all Malaki said in reply with his thoughts drifting elsewhere. But still he listened. When it was all said and done he looked to the claw blocking his path. It was clear leaving was not a option. "Malaki my lord Arc", pausing to catch himself Malaki corrected "My name is Malaki, Tenebris".

Turning back around to go back to shelf he walked down the line gently touching the scrolls with his talons. "I had come here in hope of finding answers to our tribes future. But sadly there are no answers to be found." As he got close to a candle Malaki stopped. "It seems the seers of our tribe were blind", with that the young night wing blew out the flame. "So here we are left wandering blind in the darkness".

Taking a scroll out he mumbled something and put it back. "My adoptive mother wishes to..... copulate with me to put it bluntly. There is no polite or nice way to say it. She fears for our tribe and its future with so few of us left. She fears we will be bred out by the other tribes. Each generation the blood getting weaker and thinner until we are nothing but a memory, or words on a scroll gathering dust."

"I naturally feel trepidation to the suggestion. But the logic is sound. Were this library lacks any answers to this question I am hoping perhaps you do."  

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm

It is certainly an honour then, young Malaki”, Tenebris followed the movement of the young Nightwing as he trailed one more to the shelves, Tenebris’s sapphire almost spectral glare remained fixated upon him without fail nor falter before the Archon stalked his way to one of the Obsidian crafted stone tables what dotted the aisleways in between the vast horde of scrolls and scripture upon the shelves, lowering himself to a seated position he’d intently listen to Malaki, allowing the Nightwing to speak his mind unprompted.

Tenebris couldn’t help but actually enjoy the change Malaki, from the submission of being in Tenebris’s initial presence he found the new confidence and tenacity of the young Nightwing both intriguing and inspirational now that the formalities of status was removed from the two conversing, it was clear that they thoughts had troubled and plagued the mind of Malaki for sometime from Tenebris’s assumption and he delighted in seeing no wavering in the Nightwing’s conviction in wasting no time returning to the previous scrolls he was scrutinizing under analysis.

Tenebris continued to muse, he himself once dabbled in the works of the seers of the past, hoping to find how one could use such divination to a higher purpose, looking into the prophecies of old in the hope to have some realisation of the future. Truth be told few such accounts had been truly documented well and the ones what were, were vague and open for interpretation and those what had been deciphered had come to pass many moons ago. Such studies at one point had even lead Tenebris to use ancient almost barbaric methods from folklore before the times of the Tribe’s unity, the use of divination through rituals using the entrails of prey and Dragons alike, but all was futile, the only truth Tenebris knew came from the inborn ability to foresee the future a gift once apparently common amongst Nightwings along with mind reading yet as Tenebris’s research waned so did his belief that such traits were still found within modern Nightwing society.

Remaining silent for a moment as Malaki finished Tenebris awaited to allow Malaki to collect himself, from Tenebris’s view it seemed Malaki had taken courage to state these comments openly. “Your adoptive mother is correct”. Awaiting to see if Malaki would react and turn to face him he’d then continue “To some degree of course, as you stated yourself her rationality and logic cannot be faltered, it is true that we stand at a precipice in our society and we are but shadows of our former glory. However, it is short sighted of her, there is more to purity that simply blood, our educational systems are in ruins, and discord and anarchy grips our society. To bring hatchlings into such at this time would stretch our current resources and they would be expected to be taught directly under their parents which would make our current availability be even lessened. No, while I will not implement a breeding ban to our fold I cannot condone a sudden hatching expansion to our population, we simply do not have the disposition to codify and order the necessary preparations needed. First and foremost we as a tribe must restore order and reestablish dignity once more otherwise any new hatchlings raised in this environment would become little more than Rogues, deprived of civilisation”.

Takes a comment inhaling and exhaling to collect himself before he continued “What it means to be a Nightwing will and always has been more important than merely blood. Before the unification of our Tribe under the illustrious Queen Night there would be been no pure blood other than her own. That being said, it is our culture, our land, our philosophies what define us as true Nightwings, it is crossing the threshold of reality to dedicate yourself a our higher purpose as heralds of all Dragonking what exemplify we Nightwings as harbingers to guide our world. In the past efforts to keep the bloodlines itself pure have resulted in disaster, our tribe has had an entire dynasty which attempted to mate with one another to keep their lines the purest and their abilities strong, yet in the end the last of their line was malformed and twisted before they were usurped”.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by malaki Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:06 am

Your adoptive mother is correct”.

Just hearing those words put a bad taste in Malaki's mouth. "I see..." Malaki said with a disappointed sigh. The words and sigh almost seeming to blend into one action. "I suppose I could create something to help me in the task. Perhaps a aphrodisiac." Tapping a talon on the floor he pondered for but a second before adding. "Goat weed or Barrenwort perhaps. There are of course fertility problems to take into effect and the long term stress from what's going on that would increase the chances of her becoming egg-bound".

At this point Malaki was not even talking to the leader anymore but instead just speaking his thoughts out loud. A habit that irritated some in the past. But also revealed hints to his knowledge and past. "Hmm," Malaki continued in thought. His wandering mind came back to the present though after the Archon continued to speak.

Malaki let out a sigh of relief this time at hearing the tribe leaders wisdom on the matter. "I cant agree more. Now I can tell her what you said and she can finally stop pulling my tail on the matter." Malaki had considered the matter at a close but it seemed the Archon was only just taking a break from his speech and resumed.

The young night wing had to admit the Archon had a talent and flare with words. Words that could rouse the spirit and steel the heart. Thinking about the glory of there tribe made the current situation all the more painful.

"They kept mixing pots with the same mixture". Malaki said after listening to the tribe leader. "That is a troubling thought." There was not really much else to be said. It was as it is. "So we are to be the light in the darkness? To guide the world? How exactly?"

Malaki spoke with a monotone voice devoid of emotion. Even his face did not betray any emotion. The eyes would have indicated curiosity. But they were covered by the dark tinted goggles that a hid his glowing malachite green eyes.

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Tenebris mused at the altruistic benignant statements of the young Dragon as he thought allowed speaking to himself, such thoughtfulness in his endeavours was a pleasing thought to know should he be willing the young Dragon would do his duty to the Tribe and breed with his adoptive mother should it have been the Tribe’s mandate, what interested Tenebris more was the extensive knowledge Malaki had in alchemy and herbology were the Grand Alchemist still alive Tenebris would of introduced the young Dragon to him to be taken under his tutelage as an apprentice under the patronage of the Archon himself, Tenebris himself knew a certain degree of Alchemy but not to the extent to call himself anything more than a novice in such a field. However, as Tenebris continued his fixated stare remained upon Malaki as he the young Dragon followed the rest of the conversation with interest and attentiveness.

The Archon couldn’t contain his smirk as a wolfish grin spread across his features at the question presented to him. The philosophy of Tenebris was often taken as vague and open for interpretation thus when those come to him for clarification Tenebris knew he could guide them directly and indulge such. “Tis’ through our principle of modern Dragon society which holds that all sentient beings of our world should strive to ensure the greatest good for the greatest number of beings in Pyyria, with Dragon’s as the ruling caste of a new era, we would allow for the advancement of the entire Dragonic society towards a more successful, prosperous and peaceful existence in the future without much of the violent conflict that marks our earlier history. The Concept of the greater good involves the pursuit of perfect societal harmony and combines the particular strengths of not only each Tribe of Draconic kind but also each race to counter the many weaknesses and divisions our worlds culture possesses, such lesser races working in fields what mark their strengths to better us as a whole. In the end tis’ this dream of uniting all under a single righteous cause and purpose to reach a new enlightened society which must ensure Nightwings are the first to lead our kin. As Nightwing’s we have always been ones who are not held back by moral ambiguity, it is our drive and willingness to sacrifice that makes us worthy to guide the rest of Draconic Kind to reach this state through any means necessary. Many leaders are short sighted and initially corrupt throughout the other Tribe’s and even before the scourge of these Monsters allowed their societies to stagnate and regress, yet the Nightwings have ever pushed forward. To this end, we will strive to be the harbingers of the greater good, be that through intrigue, conquest or cultural assimilation”. Tenebris while speaking clearly caught in his own thoughts of grandeur finally removed his gaze from the goggled young Nightwing and stared into the dark absoluteness of the obsidian ceiling seemingly romanticising such ideals in his head.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by malaki Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Malaki listened to his tribe leaders speech and he honestly loved it. BUT, it was never so simple as building a world where everyone cooperated together and he could not help but say so from his personal experience seeing all the timelines and webs that connect making up the future.

"A beautiful vision to be sure". Malaki said with a lower jaw hanging open to indicate happiness. "But you are planning on the assumption that others share this vision, this future". There is so much to take into account. Emotions, past experience, individual plans. So many variables that make up the spider web." At that he paused in memory of his visions.

"But most importantly", Malaki said with his jaw closing and taking a more serious tone. "You have to take into account the one thing all living things have.....free will". You could gather all the leaders of the tribes together and each would have there own ideas of the future and how to go about it. It is unlikely that they would agree with your vision of the future just as much as they would agree with there's."

Shaking his head now realizing he is talking to much about the future Malaki added. "Forgive me Archon, My tongue ran a bit free there. Took to much philosophy and political science classes as side courses back when I was at the healers academy." It was not the reason why he said it. But it would serve as an excuse as to why he shot his tribe leader down. Perhaps it would not. He grew up on stories on hearing how the tribe leader made any dragon who questioned them 'disappear'.

Wanting to say something that would please his leader Malaki said. "But I do suppose the other tribes are tail dragging savages. They could not even protect there own tribes and we ended up saving them and giving them our territories." Pausing at that he added. "Yet I have yet to hear them thank us."

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Tenebris couldn't help but once more spread his maw open in his twisted unnatural like smile, he craned his neck closer to Malaki as his uncharacteristic gleaming white fangs stood out as though a lantern of light within some dark recess, despite the ominous malevolent grin caused by his disfiguring scars he'd do so wryly before releasing a hoarse snicker of mirth. "I like you, Malaki, such an inquisitive nature, shrewd and astute of mind unlike so many of our kin. I'm pleased such studies have brought forth this confidence and intelligence in the young of our Tribe, after all you are our future". For a moment Tenebris was reminded of his own youth, when he was always driven by a desire to understand a means to the how and why what later drove him to his scholarly pursuits.

After a brief moment of his musings his beguilement would falter as once more his expression became that of a austere and apathetic visage, "You are right, even now the efforts of the Nightwing's goes unacknowledged for all we have offered and sacrificed for others. Dragons, even those within the Imperium like to forget when the Earthwing's were brought almost to extinction by the Humans, it was we Nightwings who drove them out, and while we held the land, it was our open handedness and our graciousness what took the forefront when I offered the lands to be returned to them and found the Imperium as equals. Make no mistake though however, I have by no means allowed myself to fall into idealistic fantasy in a philosophy of grandeur, I'm not so guile as to fool even myself that such a mandate can be brought about without the means necessary to ensure all follow the path". Inclining his head to one side, he'd seem as though his eeire ethereal sapphire gaze was examining Malaki once more anew before finally returning to his train of thought. "There are beings, relics and other means of power within our world, primordial and fierce far exceeding any mortal prowess of ones such as ourselves and even those of the forsaken creatures what almost destroyed all Dragon civilisation. Such powers can be harnessed, believe me, and I have the means in which to do so in time. For too long has the scrutiny of our race been neglected, in time, I intend to change that through means both subtle and bold. The greater good will come about, and when the new world is consolidate and grown, the means of which will be but a distant memory".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by malaki Fri May 17, 2019 8:35 am

"I like you"..... Malaki was not sure what caused his scales to crawl when that was said. Perhaps it was how it was said, or even the crooked smile caused by the scar on the Archon's face. All in all, the whole situation became awkward and very unnerving. Still, the young Night Wing listened and remained silent not only to be polite, but he honestly did not know how to reply.

The Archon was passionate in his beliefs, even Malaki could see that. Not only that, Malaki respected him for it. Even more so when he heard about how the Archon had returned the lands to the Earth Wings. Malaki honestly never paid much attention to politics while he was in school, he was far to absorbed in his work. Medicine was his world back then. But to hear how the Archon just, returned the lands. It was a generosity he did not expect from his leader. Not after all the stories he heard about the Archon. It was time for him to question if all those stories painting the Archon in a negative light were in fact propaganda that was cleverly concealed as gossip.

When his musing leader once again turned his gaze upon Malaki he was again overcome with unease and looked down for a moment in submission as if that act alone would take him out of the Archons sight. It was a look he knew well. In fact, Malaki often wore that same look on his face when he was examining flora for his medical experiments. Now he knew what the plants felt like, well, if they could feel. But on that his thoughts trailed to a plant that responded to his touch once. He made a mental note to go back out and transplant it for study.

When the Archon spoke Malaki was taken out of his thoughts about plants that could feel the world around them and respond to touch. All this information was unknown to Malaki. He could not help but take the goggles off his face and look at the Archon with his glowing Malachite green eyes. The glow itself was almost magical, like the glow of bioluminescent mushrooms such as foxfire and cave dwelling glow worms.

He looked on the Archon with almost child like wonder, but that look of wonder shifted slowly as all that was spoken finally sank in. Now his face wore a look of concern. "Power is like drinking Night Wing wine my lord Archon, the more you have, the more you want. Some things....." At that he trailed off and put the goggles back on his eyes and the glowing light of them disappeared as if swallowed by darkness.

"Never mind me my lord, I know plants and healing. I am afraid I make a poor partner to discuss such things you speak of. All I know is you will lead us to a better future, I just hope the price and cost of that future is not to much to bear. Such is your burden, to lead and bear on your mind all the worry of our tribe so we don't have to. To be leader is to suffer alone." Malaki was honestly curious of knowing more of what was on his leaders mind. But in the end being Ignorant was sometimes better. Not knowing made sleeping easier.

"Dawn is coming", with that Malaki lowered his chest to the ground in a bow. "I beg your permission to leave lord archon so that I may retire for the day and sleep. The light, it offends my eyes".

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Mon May 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Tenebris took the countenance of Malaki as he maintained his gaze, it was the first time the two met truly eye to eye, aquamarine malachite purposeful eyes. The Archon listened intently at the tenacious words spoken by the youth, "The more you have, the more you want" were the words of the young Dragon and they resonated deeply within Tenebris, such words and their meaning Tenebris was acutely aware of. It was a steadfastness which the Archon could only admire that the youth spoke in such a regard even as he placed his goggles once more over his eyes. In a solemn nod in acknowledgement of the statement Tenebris confirmed with his own words "You are wise beyond your years, Malaki".

Power and its addictive corruption was a universal dictum, a precept which has been carried on through the ages which no one could deny in its truth. Tenebris had seen the yearning what was caused by such power within the world, so many of those what would find themselves blessed or cursed in such positions would develop a savage ferocious appetite what would never be sated, and the Archon in his years had seen the symptoms of such an appetite, seeing those plagued with a decaying foulness akin to a wound gone bad decaying the flesh. Tenebris thought of his former Queen, his former Emperor and the foul Nightflare, all of whom had grasped tightly onto power and refused to release their grip even as the world collapsed around them.

The verisimilitude of such a statement could not be denied, and Tenebris had long come to terms to such and despite knowing his own thirst may one day be his own down fall he had come to terms with such, if he had to be a tyrant or imperious in his actions he would bare the consequences and knew that like himself in the past, others of good nature and benevolence would rise to remove him should he stray to far from the path.

Listening to the rest as Malaki made his preparations to leave Tenebris turned his attention once more to the shelves of scrolls and tomes what filled the room, "Very well, Malaki, I will not keep you. As a token of gratitude for enduring through his old Archon's musings, my personal wing of the Citadel is open to you, I hope you will become a frequent acquaintance and of course you may find my personal study more suitable to your research. I have the most unique and limited tomes of old there, far to valuable and extraordinary to be allowed here for the public. You are free to read them at your leisure". With that Tenebris rose to his feet once more, releasing a faint grunt under his breath due to his limping right foreleg as he righted his posture, he'd then give a regal bow to Malaki.

Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by malaki Sat May 25, 2019 9:28 pm

"You are wise beyond your years, Malaki".

That was not honestly something he had heard before. He has been called many things in life. A brat, childish, but wise? That was a new one for him. Still, it was nice to hear a elder say it. Malaki was overcome by the generous offer.

"That's, wow. I mean that's just wow. That is very generous of you!" As much as Malaki tried to keep a professional disposition that mask fell away. But such was the life of a night wing. They lived in a world of masks. Very rarely outside of the family unit did they allow the calm mysterious air to falter. But the sudden opportunity to look over the Archons private tomes? That was a emotion he could not contain.

His mood shifted though after watching the Archon rise up to bow in turn. Malaki was a empathetic soul. He had to be to be a healer. All the signs were there for him to read so just as a guardian would rise to fight, he rose to do what he knew best.

"You are in pain. When I said a leader must suffer alone this is not what I was talking about." Malaki said with a voice that was dangerously close to almost sound like scolding. "I would think your personal healer would have given you something for the pain. Now let me see". Paying the Archon no more mind and shifting through the bags on his body harness he produced a vial. "hmm, no, this tincture will not do". With that self thought of muttering he shifted around some more and finally took out another vial filled with something milky white.

"This tonic is a special cocktail of my own creation. I want you to have two drops of the fluid before sleeping in a tea and the same goes for when you wake up. Two drops, no more, no less. It also has the milk of the willow in it so make sure you eat something as well as your stomach will get upset if empty. It should relieve and help with the pain. But not eliminate it." With that said Malaki offered the vial.

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:07 am

Tenebris strode to leave, a soft smile across his disfigured features at the young Dragon's excitement, so long they had lived in a solemn world of austere world since the Monster Scourge that such delights were denied to so many of the Nightwings and their kin. Only then did the rest of Malaki's words reach Tenebris as it seemed the young Dragon once more shifted into a professional dignified healer, his words were shrewd and spoken in a matter of factly manner so much that it they briefly caught Tenebris off guard as his shambling to take his leave was halted.

Craning his neck once more to face Malaki the Archon watched intently as he shifted through his pouch before revealing a vial a curious looking liquid. The concept was thought provoking, since the scourge Tenebris's personal healer was the Grand Apothecary himself, yet he like so many others had fallen and it was stimulating for Tenebris to see the efficient and competent manner Malaki held himself as he offered the vial.

Tenebris could retort, like any such offering it would not be adept of the Archon to trust his life into anothers hands be that the vial could be poison or the like, yet Tenebris relented, he would need new Grand Apothecary in time and what better method to personally test the competence of such a candidate himself. Tenebris would narrow his astute glare before wordlessly grasping the vial in his ink stained Talons, he'd then once more give a dignified regal bow of his head towards Malaki before taking his leave.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down