Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Epiphany, The Proud LightWing Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Epiphany, The Proud LightWing Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Epiphany, The Proud LightWing

3 posters

Go down

Epiphany, The Proud LightWing Empty Epiphany, The Proud LightWing

Post by Epiphany Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:26 am

Epiphany, The Proud LightWing Screen10

Type of Character: Dragon
Link to Character List Page: http://www.rpgdragons.org/t5347-epipany-s-characters#65543
Personal Info
Name: Epiphany
Alias: N/A
Sexuality: Pansexual  
Personality: Epiphany's personality, though multi-faceted, is mainly viewed as proud, quiet, and covertly hot-tempered. She has a high regard for both herself and her intelligence, often creating unnecessary drama over small issues relating to how others speak of her. However, once you spend enough time around her, it becomes clear that she also has a deep ability to care deeply (if not maybe too much) about those she loves.
Fears: Epiphany is deeply afraid of losing her friends and those she holds dear to her. She has what some might call anxiety, causing her to fear rather many things, whether it be what someone thought about her or how the upcoming battle might turn out.
Weaknesses:
-Because Epiphany is prone to caring too much about her friends and those who she loves, she is very easily lured into traps if she believes that someone is in danger.
-She is also reckless with her hot temper and gets herself into trouble, perhaps trouble too big for her to deal with, when she argues at the wrong times.
-Epiphany, although on the larger end of the spectrum, is not as strong as others and can be beaten in physical combat if her combatant has greater physical aptitude.
Strengths:
-Epiphany, as a result of being so proud, can sit silently for hours on end if she feels like the conversation/event is below her interest. This can cause others to forget her presence and also makes her very good at sneaking around (despite her being all white).
-She is very fast for a LightWing and can, with hard effort, go at the speed of 70 mph when she really, really needs to.
-She has a very impressive logical mind and can often outwit her enemies to escape fighting or injury.

General Appearance
The image at the top of the page is an image used w/ permission from DeviantArt and is what I pictured Epiphany looking like. The only changes I would make are the horns, which I describe below, and the fact that she has no saddle/armor on.
Height: 32ft
Scales: Epiphany's entire body is mainly white and light gray. The scales start light gray and much smaller at her snout and then fade out to white halfway down her neck, where they also become full size. Depending on her mood, her scales become darker or lighter (darker with displeasure/fear, lighter with happiness or positive adrenaline). When she's hot, she can loosen her scales a bit to allow air flow.
Eyes: Yellowish orange, flecked with brown. She has large eyes that are bright and show intelligence.
Appearance: Epiphany is, overall, a white dragon of graceful appearance and stature.
Head:
Epiphany's head is darker than the rest of her body (mentioned in Scales). Her head is streamlined and graceful. Her mouth is long and extends past her eyes, and because of this she tends to look smug often. Her eyes are large and a startling orange-ish yellow. She has two long horns extending from her head, and underneath those two, a set of slightly smaller ones that are the same. Her forehead is host to a series of spines that start small, reach their full height halfway, and then dwindle away between her horns.
Main Body: By now, her scales are pure white. However, with her mood, her scales tend to darken or lighten. The barrel of her body is shaped much like that of a dalmatian, meaning that her waist gets much tighter after her ribs end. She has subtle but sharp spikes lining her back.
Tail: Her tail is long. The spikes from her back continue down her tail, fading away towards the end. Her tail's end is a blade, silver and darker than the rest of her.
Legs: Epiphany has long but sturdy legs. Her feet have four toes, each with a long claw the same color as her tail's blade. She also has a small dewclaw further up on her legs.
Wings: Although at first she may appear to not have wings, that isn't the case. They're there, but they flicker in and out with the appearance of a technical glitch (they're always there in terms of mass, however). They appear completely solid when she's using them. They are the same white as the rest of her body, but the webbing is slightly more transparent and is very vulnerable. Her wing claws are sharp and can grab things.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: The LightWing tribe.
Species: Purebred LightWing.
Family: Epiphany doesn't know if her family abandoned her or was killed, but she knows for sure she doesn't have one around for her. This is part of why she's so protective of her friends- they're the closest thing she has to a family.
Mate: N/A
Hatchlings: N/A

Skills and Abilities
Normal Abilities: Epiphany can breathe a concentrated beam of light that burns her enemies. This energy is very strong, but finite. Her light breath can run out if used too much, but light from the sun replenishes it. On cloudy days, she'd have to fly above the cloud layer to renew it. Her scales can also store this energy and then expel it later for a surprising burst of light in battle. It's not enough light to blind anything, but it certainly is a bit of a shock.
Special Abilities:
Epiphany can, with great difficulty, change her size to become as small as she wants. This is very useful for getting out of traps and cages, and, in combat, can be used for escaping. However, the smaller she gets, the brighter she glows (at her smallest size, her light could illuminate half a valley), making it not-so-ideal for sneaking around or stealth missions. Her size limit is around 11 feet tall, but, at that size, the pain of having to compress all her atoms and cells into that form would be debilitating and would not be sustainable for over a minute (two or three posts). The effort of changing sizes also requires immense concentration, making it harder to battle and defend herself at the same time.
Combat Style:
Epiphany's combat style relies on her being very fast and agile. Her teeth and tail's blade are her strong points, and she will fight mostly with those two body parts. When she knows she's out-powered by her opponent, her main tactics are to either change her size to escape or to try to lure them into a trap using her wits. Aerial combat is hard for her, mainly because the webbing of her wings is very unprotected. She tends to try to avoid combat, but will fight fiercely nonetheless.

Background
History: Epiphany lives without a family amongst her LightWing Tribe. Her past has been fairly uneventful despite her vague memories of some traumatic event having to do with the reason she has no family. She has had her fair share of heartbreak, as some dragons are reluctant to be her mate, despite her attractiveness, because of her prideful demeanor.
RP Sample: (This is short, but I'm also able to include a longer one or one with dialogue if that's necessary too?)
Epiphany's pain, though fully mental, is almost unbearable. She feels alone in her suffering, and as she's done on many nights before this, takes to the air almost without realizing it. She climbs higher and higher, knowing that in the open air she's game for bigger, more ruthless dragons, but closes herself to the fact. The clouds spread beneath her like a vast plain of frost, and she hangs suspended. She feels herself shrink, glowing brighter and brighter as her size dwindles, until the whole expanse of clouds is lit with ferocious light. She lets herself feel powerful. Until, through the brilliance, she sees the dragon.

Last edited by Epiphany on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:23 am; edited 10 times in total
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Epiphany, The Proud LightWing Empty Re: Epiphany, The Proud LightWing

Post by Wake Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Welcome to DRF Epiphany. I’m Wake, one of the character mods here. First off on your app, the ranks for your tribe can be found here: http://www.rpgdragons.org/t4738-skywing-and-lightwing-ranks?highlight=Ranks

As for the special ability, it just seems too strong with not enough of a counter effect or limit. It would be a good idea to add a turn and size limit to the ability. This way, there are some hard limits. You can look at some of the recently approved dragons to get some ideas.

You also left out your character list and normal abilities.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Wake wrote:Welcome to DRF Epiphany. I’m Wake, one of the character mods here. First off on your app, the ranks for your tribe can be found here: http://www.rpgdragons.org/t4738-skywing-and-lightwing-ranks?highlight=Ranks

As for the special ability, it just seems too strong with not enough of a counter effect or limit. It would be a good idea to add a turn and size limit to the ability. This way, there are some hard limits. You can look at some of the recently approved dragons to get some ideas.

You also left out your character list and normal abilities.

Thanks for letting me know! Sorry if this an obvious question, but what is a character list? I'll take care of the other things now!
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:38 pm

No problem. Here’s where all the character lists are. http://www.rpgdragons.org/f84-character-registrationIt’s just a list of all your characters you make.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Wake wrote:No problem. Here’s where all the character lists are. http://www.rpgdragons.org/f84-character-registrationIt’s just a list of all your characters you make.

I've fixed (I think fixed, anyways) everything but the tracker option. I visited the link you gave me and, while super helpful, didn't seem to say exactly what a tracker does? I looked it up and found nothing.
What other things could I make better?
Thank you!

Last edited by Epiphany on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Well, you didn’t seem to do anything to the special ability to add some limits to it.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Wake wrote:Well, you didn’t seem to do anything to the special ability to add some limits to it.

I'm so sorry, I added quite a big limit and it seemed to not have gotten saved. Fixed it.
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey there! I'm Baldirak, an Admin here. To answer your question about the Tracker rank, a Tracker is basically like a hunter and/or a scout.

Also, in addition to our site chat, we have a discord chat, so if you'd like to.join that, let us know.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Baldirak Sapiens Draco wrote:Hey there! I'm Baldirak, an Admin here. To answer your question about the Tracker rank, a Tracker is basically like a hunter and/or a scout.

Also, in addition to our site chat, we have a discord chat, so if you'd like to.join that, let us know.

Thanks so much! Application is finished now. What else should I add, if anything? Smile
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Well, a house cat seems very small for a 32 ft tall dragon. You should probably choose something bigger. Not like any cage would be made expecting a dragon to be close to that small.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Wake wrote:Well, a house cat seems very small for a 32 ft tall dragon. You should probably choose something bigger. Not like any cage would be made expecting a dragon to be close to that small.

Very good point haha! Fixed Smile
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:47 am

Hm.... Maybe change it from a time limit to a post limt. It’s easier to keep track of post limits when RPing then try and guess how long it’s been.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am

Wake wrote:Hm.... Maybe change it from a time limit to a post limt. It’s easier to keep track of post limits when RPing then try and guess how long it’s been.

I'm new to this site and don't know how many posts is the norm. Does three sound OK?
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:23 am

Post length time wise can vary, but I’d say one post for the lower limit and maybe three or four for the upper limit of the ability would work.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am

Wake wrote:Post length time wise can vary, but I’d say one post for the lower limit and maybe three or four for the upper limit of the ability would work.

Thanks so much! Fixed!
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:13 pm

What is the max number of turns your character can shrink, and at what size?
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:13 pm

Wake wrote:What is the max number of turns your character can shrink, and at what size?

Epiphany uses this power as last resort and can use this power once per battle, however, she will most likely not use it even that often.
I listed her smallest size limit as a small horse, is that too small?
Thanks!
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:09 am

Horse may still be too small. Maybe 10 ft tall. Would still be short for a dragon.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:23 am

Wake wrote:Horse may still be too small. Maybe 10 ft tall. Would still be short for a dragon.

Thanks for advice! Fixed it.
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Everything looks good. Approved.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiphany Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Wake wrote:Everything looks good. Approved.

Thanks so much for helping me with everything!
Epiphany
Epiphany
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down