Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

New PC dragon game - demo now available Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

New PC dragon game - demo now available Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

New PC dragon game - demo now available

3 posters

Go down

New PC dragon game - demo now available Empty New PC dragon game - demo now available

Post by Darktooth Tue May 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Howdy, folks.

Several months ago, I mentioned that I was working on a game about being a dragon. The full demo has now been released, and you can play it to your heart's content.

I didn't do this as a cash grab. I did it because I really deeply care about this. I have dreamed of being a dragon all my life, and have done my best to put a lifetime of dreams into one small package for people who feel the way I do.

It features about 5 hours of gameplay. If you do play it, please take a moment to fill out the survey and tell me what you think.

Download here:
www.dreamingdoor.net/gtdemo/download/

Thank you most sincerely for giving it a chance.
Darktooth
Darktooth

Back to top Go down

New PC dragon game - demo now available Empty Re: New PC dragon game - demo now available

Post by Astral Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Holy crap you actually came back. I will certainly give it a go. Thank you for the update. If you have a discord we could invite you to our channel.

Edit: Alright so I played and I really like it. As far as dragon aesthetic it's pretty and awesome but it's a wyvern, which bugs me but that's just a personal thing. The story and the way things are told is just fantastic. I normally don't like these kinds of games but perhaps due to my bias towards dragons I'm more inclined to it or how great it is at pulling you in with the combination of great visualizes, sound, text description, and colorful wording.

I only have a couple of complaints.

1st the circle telling you what to click in the tutorial. At first I thought it was neat and not too intrusive. But then there seemed to be a gape of it's usage and I thought it was a loading bar for a good deal of time and didn't know what the heck I was suppose to be doing.

2nd is you have overlapping colors going on which was very confusing at first. Right after the elements are explained you're talking about the colors that the elements glow for probability. That could be confusing for people at first.

3rd and probably my largest complaint is the quick time events with the hunting. You are never going to replicate thrill or excitement of the hunt with quick time events. They have become the joke of the gaming industry and take me out of the experience for me. If I want the thrill of the hunt I'm going to play this game https://youtu.be/xQaThLwGoK8?t=3m8s and omg if that game was dragons instead of dinos I would freaking play it so much I'd die. (hopefully a mod comes out for it in the future)

Astral
Astral
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

http://www.rpgdragons.org

Back to top Go down

New PC dragon game - demo now available Empty Re: New PC dragon game - demo now available

Post by Darktooth Wed May 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Thank you for the comments, Astral. I suppose that if your biggest complaints about the game are things like tutorial button design, that's a positive indicator.

Your objection to the pursuit sequence within the hunting part of the game is something I, too, have pondered. My challenge here is that no turn-based game has ever featured an actual hunting system, and so I broke it down into 3 parts: stalking, pursuit, and combat. I couldn't figure out a turn-based pursuit section, and without the thrill of the chase, hunting felt empty.

While the standard "press A to not die" QTEs are often not viewed favorably, I have seen several very successful QTE models... fishing in Stardew Valley, for instance... and it seemed to me that the QTEs that people like are the ones that don't feature button names. When the Pursuit section appears in the mobile version, I think it'll be less obtrusive, as it's natural for people to tap and swipe on things there. If you have any suggestions of how I can give someone the thrill of pursuit without the dreaded QTE, I'm all ears.

What did you think of the writing and art?
Darktooth
Darktooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Wed May 09, 2018 11:54 pm

It was indeed less intrusive then other quick time events but still bothered me. If it feels empty without out then it is what it is. I don't know if it would be possible this far into development to include on option in the setting to turn it off. Unfortunately I can offer no other alternative, not for this style of game. But again if I want the thrill of the hunt there are other amazing games out there for that. I enjoy this game for it's story and beauty.

Speaking of I think I touched on it in my last comment but I thought it was amazing and I give credit to the music as well. The combination of writing, art, And music make it very immersive.

The writing was very impressive. To contrast it with what I see here and even my own writing ours seems blunt and rough in comparison. It is a writing work of art and the way that it is used to describe the life of a dragon is exciting even for someone such as myself who has been writing dragons for a very long time.
Astral
Astral

Female Scorpio Dog

http://www.rpgdragons.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jack fire Thu May 10, 2018 6:11 am

ooo it look like fun can wait to play it
jack fire
jack fire
FireWing Citizen
FireWing Citizen

Male Capricorn Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down