Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone]

2 posters

Go down

On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone] Empty On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone]

Post by Reality Glitch Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:47 pm

We had only found this cave a couple weeks ago, after our last one collapsed from EarthWings excavating nearby. It was rather fortunate that everyone got out unscathed. After Mama got an apology out of them, we moved deeper into the forest. Deep enough that we could no longer see the coast on the horizon; then deeper still. Once Mama found us a new cave, we had quickly settled and immediately started gathering supplies. We don't want to be caught without provisions again; don't know how soon we might be cut off from foraging, if at all.
Mama had sent me and my mother, Anima, out to find good fire wood earlier today. Sure, Uncle Ingus could light any tree on fire, but wood quality is important to how long and hot it will burn, and helps us without FireWing fathers learn to non-magically make fire; plus, we don't want the whole forest up in flames. I am still wandering around for kindling when I get a little turned around and lose sight of Anima. I'm not too worried since I've left a trail of my breath weapon to lead me back home, but the forest is still new to me and I can hear and see movement among the foliage.
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone] Empty Re: On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone]

Post by Navi Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 pm

After monsters had been released upon the world Navi resigned herself to a life of servitude for the safety of the IceWing tribe and whatever alliance they were now in. However upon arriving she found only ruins remain. In the desperate search of safety over her freedom she even tried searching to find survivors but found no trace. She was alone and she was scared.

As time went by she managed to stay alive mostly by hiding. It helped that there weren't too many monsters high in the skies and most she could out fly or outmaneuver. Day to day life was just her trying to survive. Today the sun was at mid point in the sky and it was clear weather. The perfect time to enjoy a relaxing flight. She thought she'd be able to spot any incoming threats but maybe she let the relaxation sink in too far. Something latched on to her back and she could feel a small amount of blood get drained from her. Her instinct reaction was to shift into a wisp of flame and escape whatever had grasped onto her. After reforming a small distance away she found her assailant to be a Skeir. She was surprised to have not noticed the monster 4x larger than herself. Even more surprised to find this normally nocturnal monster hunting in the day light. They were slow though she'd be able to easily escape it. Turning to take off she ran smack right into another one that was quick to attempt to latch on to her. Again she escaped but there was a third one now there to stop her. They were working as a group expertly keeping her from escaping. She kept thinking she could outsmart them but somehow they kept up. She was getting tired and turning into a flame wisp was getting difficult. She knew it was going to be too much for her but at this point she feared death by blood suckers. Navi let off an explosion incinerating the 3 Skeir around her. As a result though she was left so exhausted she passed out midair. The movement in the forest was Navi crashing hard into the ground. Her limbs splayed out and her wings in an unnatural position.
Navi
Navi
IceWing Citizen
IceWing Citizen

Back to top Go down

On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone] Empty Re: On the Road Again, Part 1 [Open to Everyone]

Post by Reality Glitch Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Slowly approaching where the noise came from, I'm crouched down low and slinking up to the bush behind which the source lies; hunting just like mama taught me.
I pounce!  Leaping over the bush and landing a good distance away.  Not seeing anything, I realize I over-shot and whip around to find a large, bright red bird lying, crumpled on the ground, as if they had fallen as dead-weight.  I sure hope I'm not correct in a literal sense!
Crouching off to one side, I bump my snout against creature's head, to see if they'd react.  After a couple more tries without a response I pulled a little closer, my head looming over their torso.  I could hear them breathing, so I know they were still alive.
I left to continue gathering good wood, and after a few minutes, I returned to find the strange, giant bird still asleep.  Approaching it again, I could feel it giving out a decent amount of heat, like when Uncle Ingus does as he wakes up.  With my head about a couple feet away from their's, I see their eyes open.  "Are you O.K.?" I say, with a clearly worried tone in my voice.  Granted there's no guarantee they can even understand me; I don't have Ani's ability to talk with other animals.
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Navi Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 am

Navi's eyes flutter open and she struggles to remember what happened when she hears someone in dragonic her primary language ask if she was ok. Startled by the sight of a dragon Navi quickly attempt to jump up and fly off. She does get into the air but it isn't until she attempts to flap her wings that she is very clearly informed with pain that something is very wrong. She flop back to the ground in a heap of feather not getting very high to begin with. She screeches from the pain before reminding herself she doesn't want to attract any monsters. Although this dragon already knows she's in bad shape. Upon second look of the dragon she realizes he's not that big, not much bigger than her in fact. It does a little bit to quell her phobia of dragons. "No no no my wing!." Navi shouts with distraught painfully lifting her wings to examine their damage. "I'm doomed. I'm dead. If you don't kill me it's only a matter of time before the monsters do."
Navi
Navi
IceWing Citizen
IceWing Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:22 pm

It was good to know we shared a language, but the bird seemed quite frightened by an injury they must have suffered only recently; most likely from a fall just now if her rather uncomfortable-looking resting position from earlier was anything to go by.  Fortunately, I know of something that could help.  "Don't worry; my mama can fix your wing.  She's really good at making people feel better."
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down