Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Getting to Know You (Shiera) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Getting to Know You (Shiera) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Getting to Know You (Shiera)

2 posters

Go down

Getting to Know You (Shiera) Empty Getting to Know You (Shiera)

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 am

The Twilight King was laying on the beach of Daelorios Island, his gaze fixed on the southern horizon, beyond which was the mainland. He was about to meet Shiera, the Manticore slave of Tenebris. Baldirak had sent for her a few minutes ago. Not long after the meeting--a few days--the monsters had arrived, so Baldirak wasn't able to talk with her then as he had planned. Now seemed as good a time as any. He'd waited until she wasn't preoccupied with whatever extra work Tenebris had given her to do.

The ocean wind blew more water on the King, adding another layer to his scales. He stood and scratched at his side with a hind leg, then took to the air. He was meeting Shiera on one of the many islands the NightWings possessed. He'd forgotten the name of it. It took an hour for him to reach the designated isle. He quickly found some NightWings guards who directed him to a spot where he might rest for a few minutes before going to find the Manticore.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Getting to Know You (Shiera) Empty Re: Getting to Know You (Shiera)

Post by Shiera Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 pm

For some peculiar reason, Shiera had been called in by the King of the EarthWings. She was first made aware of it when Tenebris received a message regarding the meeting. At first, when she was relayed the invitation, she had been quite confused. After all, what could the king possibly want with her? Had she perhaps done something wrong? And if so, what? And Shiera certainly hadn't forgotten his Majesty's strange behavior at the meeting, even if the thought had been dropped into the back of her mind once the monsters had arrived.

It had gotten so bad now. The monsters had really started wrecking a number on things back on the mainland. Shiera blinked for a moment, quietly questioning why now, of all times, the ruler wanted her. Didn't he have enough things to deal with on his plate right now? Nonetheless, Shiera wouldn't question him, and certainly wouldn't think to not show up. That'd be outright disrespectful.

And so Shiera set off on her flight, with Tenebris' permission, of course. Because it wasn't a mission for Tenebris, she didn't need to wear her medallion. However, her collar that indicated her slave status was still tightly woven around her neck.

After a while of flying, Shiera arrived at the meeting spot that she had been requested to meet him at, one of the smaller isles. It wasn't long before Shiera found the king - he was kind of hard to miss - surrounded by several NightWing guards. Once she arrived, she immediately dropped into a low bow, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"Your Majesty. It is my greatest honor that you would call me to your company. How have you been fairing?" she asked, speaking with as much eloquence as she could muster.
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:11 am

The King watched as Shiera arrived. When she landed he dismissed the NightWing Guards. Baldirak returned her bow before replying. "Shiera, I'm glad you could come. I fair as well as one can when the tribe they lead has been cut significantly by monsters. What about you? I know Tenebris has kept you quite busy of late."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 am

Shiera was caught a bit off guard when Baldirak asked how she was fairing. Her mouth opened a bit, as if to say something, but she quickly closed it. After all, it wasn't every day that a dragon would ask her how she was fairing. She flicked her ear, pausing for a moment, before humbly nodding, still avoiding making eye contact, for fear of somehow insulting the massive earth dragon. Whom, keep in mind, was nearly 14 times her size.

She swallowed uncertainly, her mouth feeling try, and her whole body tense. "Well, the NightWing lands have been rather ravaged. Most of the mainland has been taken over, and Tenebris is beginning to evacuate dragons to the Shadow's Refuge. He thinks they may be safer on the archipelago than on the mainland..." she said nervously, but trying to keep a regal composure. She wouldn't want to seem nervous in front of the king, now would she?
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Baldirak listened as Shiera answered his questions--sort of. Rather than answer, she went over the things he already knew. But he didn't mind; after all, his presence seemed to unnerve her a bit. "Perhaps they will. But then, with these monsters being able to go anywhere, and our numbers brought down to nearly nothing, there isn't really any safe place. But what about you? Are you okay?" the King asked again.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Sun May 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Shiera thought for a moment. She found it unusual for the king to ask her how she specifically was doing. Certainly odd. It was already quite clear by now that she wasn't used to these kinds of conversations with such powerful dragons. She ducked her head awkwardly, responding, "I... suppose I am well. A bit tired from the flight." she admitted.
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 pm

"It was a long flight for myself as well. I'm glad you're well." The King laid down and regarded the Manticore for a moment in silence. "Please, sit. Or lie down, if you prefer. Think of this not as a meeting with your king, but a leisurely chat with a friend." Baldirak looked off toward the west, for no particular reason, while he waited for Shiera to make herself comfortable. He thought of what he would ask next.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Shiera stared at Baldirak skeptically, but sat down nonetheless. She was very unused to this kind of behavior, and so out of nowhere, as well. It made her almost.... anxious, in a way. She couldn't really describe it. Clearing her throat, she tilted her head awkwardly, "So...my King, what... what is it you wished to speak with me about? With all due respect, surely there was a reason you called me out here." she said nervously.
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 pm

"Yes, there is. The Manticores are few, just as the EarthWings. I never knew one personally, but I should like to change that. I want to get to know you better. You are more than a servant to whomever sees fit to for you to spend your days doing their work for them. I can't imagine you were always Tenebris' slave. What can you tell me of your life before that?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:15 pm

This... was not something Shiera was used to. She was used to being told what to do, given orders, being looked down on as an inferior creature. And she had accepted all of this. It was... this wasn't something Shiera had expected to encounter with the king. At first, she panicked a bit. What should she say? Well, he had requested to know her backstory.

Such things made Shiera uncomfortable. She did not like to discuss her history with other dragons, and most dragons didn't actually care where she came from before she went under servitude with Tenebris. But... she was not just an ordinary slave. She was Tenebris's personal servant. She smoothly calmed herself, and replied to Baldirak, her voice almost monotone, and factitious, as if she was simply following orders. Doing as she was told. Although she wanted to say no, and normally, she'd refuse to give such painful details to a stranger, this was the king. She didn't want to disappoint him.

"I was born to Lia and Torik, manticores of the Falirian clan. I was taught how to fight by my brother, Calzen, and my father was the leader of our clan. One of my favorite past times was catching fish by the river where I grew up. My sister taught me many valuable skills. When I was about, say, 8, my clan was raided by FireWings, and my parents, and brother were all killed. Me and my sisters were taken into slavery. Is that all you wished to know, my King?" she said.
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Baldirak listened intently while Shiera recounted her past. That what sounded to have been a happy childhood was ended so suddenly, saddened him. That is was ended by Dragons filled him with guilt even though they were FireWings. "I am sorry such a terrible thing happened to you. It is not all I wish to know, but perhaps it is enough for today. You may go now and tomorrow we may speak more."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 pm

It was rather interesting that this dragon seemed to not want anything in particular from her, but rather, just to speak. It… almost confused Shiera. She was so used to Tenebris’s eloquent speeches of dragon superiority, his reasoning behind why lesser species and humans must be kept as mere slaves and servants. She looked down at the ground, and gave a soft sigh. It seemed their conversion here was over. She didn’t know how to feel about that. On one paw, it meant she didn’t have to discuss her life further, on the other… well, she shouldn’t think about that.

She dipped, falling into a low bow, “Thank you for the audience, Your Majesty. I’ll be sure to attend your company tomorrow, if you’ll allow me the honor,” she said smoothly, then getting up, and heading out to return to her housing with Tenebris.

(Time skip?)
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Baldirak tilted his head slightly to one side as he watched Shiera. She seemed to be contemplating something. He heard her sigh and was going to inquire if anything was wrong when she lowered into a bow. "Thank you for meeting with me, Shiera. It would be a great pleasure to meet again tomorrow, if it is convenient for you." The King remained where he was as the Manticore departed. When she was out of site, he got up and returned home himself.

The next day was as productive as the last. There was little the King could do but tend to the survivors. When the time came, he left to meet with Shiera again. As before, he arrived first and sat to wait for Shiera to appear.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 am

The next day, after doing some chores for Tenebris and preparing some written letters he had requested her to send out, she packed a few things in her satchel and flew off to go meet with the King. Like the day before, she arrived to see him waiting for her there. When she landed, she made a bow, and greeted him appropriately, "Greatest tidings, your majesty. Did you sleep well?"
Shiera
Shiera

Female Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down