Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Arifeth Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Arifeth Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Arifeth

3 posters

Go down

Arifeth Empty Arifeth

Post by CuddlesTheDragon Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:24 am

Personal Info
Name: Arifeth
Alias: N/A
Sexuality: asexual, reluctantly panromantic
Personality: She's naive, but knows it and has difficulty trying new things due to the fear of causing a disaster. She is very kind and wants to be a healer or a scout. She knows she's not ready, and she hasn't found a mentor. Despite her social inabilities, she is rather happy go lucky and optimistic. This can change if she is overwhelmed by something such as a stressful, high stakes environment or a deadline.
Interests: any healing information she can get her claws on, reading, flying
Dislikes: large insects, cold, mistakes (both her own and those of others)
Fears: freezing to death, magic, humans

General Appearance
Height: 20 feet (will be 32 when fully grown)
Scales: her scales are small, rounded, and are typically either color changing or cream colored
Eyes: blue
Appearance: Arifeth is a mostly cream colored dragon, with light grey stripes on her neck, back, and tail. Her underbelly is a lighter yellow color than the rest of her scales. All of her scales can change color, but generally the only ones that do are the base color scales (the scales that aren’t stripes or her underbelly). Arifeth also has a few areas of light brown fur on her wrists, tail tip, head, and neck, and furry light yellow ears that can move in a similar way as a cat’s. The fur serves no functional purpose. Can usually be seen carrying a leather shoulder bag full of basic medical supplies and other useful items.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: lightwing
Inheritance: lightwing
Family: Avrae (mother)(NPC)
Mate: none
Hatchlings: none

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Arifeth has shown some talent in healing and scouting, and is more observant than the average dragon. She is also skilled at flying, and can out-maneuver most non-skywing dragons.
Special Abilities: Like most lightwing dragons, she can use a light breath ability that functions like a projectile. It reaches 20 feet before dissipating completely, and becomes less powerful the farther it travels. a point blank shot would cause significant 2nd degree burning and could cause eye damage if aimed directly at the face, while at the edge of the range it would be more like a mild sunburn. this ability can be used once every 3 posts unless the battle takes place in direct sunlight, in which case it can be used every 2 posts. She can modify her light breath to heal injuries. Instead of a projectile, this functions more like a blowtorch's flame (if sticking your cuts in a blowtorch flame would actually heal you haha) and reaches about a foot away from her mouth. She hasn’t developed this ability very much, and has only successfully healed minor cuts, bruises, and burns. She can use this ability as rapidly as she wants, but if she uses it to heal a lot of injuries in a short period of time (about 15 minor injuries) or if she heals one major injury (like a broken bone or something) it will take anywhere from 4-6 hours to 'recharge'. Recharging is done automatically whether she tries to or not, though she doesn't even know her ability has a limit due to lack of practice and experience.
Weaknesses: if she attempts to heal a major injury with her ability, it can backfire and make it worse. This happens more commonly the more pressure she is under and the more severe the injury, and is also more likely to happen if she tries to rush the healing process (this may become less prevalent once she gets more experience). She has also had trouble trying to heal herself with this ability.
Combat Style: Arifeth is mainly suited to group combat, providing support with her healing ability and cover fire with her light breath. if she is alone in combat or unable to use her abilities for some reason, she will attempt to flee or hide. if this fails, she will use her claws, teeth, and any objects she can turn into improvised weapons to defend herself. if she is totally out of other options, she will fight dirty but she won't like it. fighting dirty is a last resort only.

Background
History: Her father was killed by his magic crazed friend when she was small, and she never quite recovered. Neither did her mother. She doesn’t like talking about what happened, and she doesn’t like being around magic. The reason why she fears freezing to death is because her father’s friend used ice magic. Other than that, her life has been pretty average.
RP Sample: Arifeth soared through the trees, taking in the lush scenery of the jungle. She stopped to rest on a large branch, and gazed down at the ground. A small bird was hopping about and pecking at the ground. It took her a few moments to realize that the bird was injured, and she swooped down to examine it. The bird tried to hop away, but failed. Its wing was hurt, and after thinking about what happened to the last random creature she had tried to help with her healing ability, she decided it would be better to take it home to care for it. She carefully picked up the bird, and flew off toward her home.

(yes I am aware that deciding the actions of another character is strictly forbidden, but the bird is an NPC)

Last edited by CuddlesTheDragon on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
CuddlesTheDragon
CuddlesTheDragon

Female Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Arifeth Empty Re: Arifeth

Post by Artemise Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:43 am

Hey there Arifeth. Just a few things to add in before I can give you your first approval.

Strengths:

Arifeth wrote:Her light breath ability is pretty average offensively speaking.

You need to elaborate more on her light breath ability. How far can her light breath go (e.g 5 feet)? How often can she use it (e.g once every two posts)? What does it do, if it isn't modified to heal injuries? Also, this should go into special abilities, as not every dragon has the ability to breathe light.

Combat Style:

Arifeth wrote:she won’t fight at all if she is alone unless she is totally trapped. When with others she will provide whatever support she can

Combat style is how your dragon fights, not what she will do in combat. When she's trapped, how will she fight? Will she kick out with her legs, or scratch the other opponent's face, or play dirty, as in flinging soil into the opponent's eyes? Please elaborate on this as well.

~

Bump when edited.
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Female Posts : 371

Back to top Go down

Post by CuddlesTheDragon Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:22 am

just to clear things up, for two posts to pass for one player, does that count all player's posts or just theirs?
CuddlesTheDragon
CuddlesTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by CuddlesTheDragon Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:24 am

also how do you bump something?

was going to put that in the last question but forgot (oops)
CuddlesTheDragon
CuddlesTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:14 am

To bump something, you post "bump" on a topic.

Arifeth wrote:just to clear things up, for two posts to pass for one player, does that count all player's posts or just theirs?

I don't quite understand what you're asking about. When you say "two posts to pass for one player", do you mean approval from two mods?
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuddlesTheDragon Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:16 am

sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough there. what I was meaning was if a dragon has an ability that can be used once every two posts, does that mean every two posts the owner of the character posts or do other player's posts count toward that too?
CuddlesTheDragon
CuddlesTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:42 am

Two of the owner's posts.
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuddlesTheDragon Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:03 am

bump
CuddlesTheDragon
CuddlesTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:24 am

Special Abilities:

Arifeth wrote:She can use this ability as rapidly as she wants, but if she uses it to heal a lot of injuries in a short period of time (about 15 minor injuries) or if she heals one major injury (like a broken bone or something) it will take anywhere from 4-6 hours to 'recharge'. Recharging is done automatically whether she tries to or not, though she doesn't even know her ability has a limit due to lack of practice and experience.

"She can use this ability as rapidly as she wants" - nope. Please put a limit to this. Maybe twice per post? Also, if she doesn't heal a major injury, how long will it take for her to recharge, if recharging is going to take place in the first place?
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuddlesTheDragon Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:41 am

I don't really understand the question. one major injury is roughly equal to a bunch of small ones, and healing one major one or a bunch of minor ones will fully drain her ability, which will take the same amount of time to replenish no matter how she spent it. maybe I wasn't clear enough or maybe I'm just missing something, I don't know. I'll put a limit on the speed though.

also thanks for being patient with me I'm a noob and I really appreciate the feedback
CuddlesTheDragon
CuddlesTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:19 am

Umm, no, I was asking if she needed to recharge after healing one minor cut. Also, you need to put in how often she can use healing lightbreath. Something like "twice per post" or "once every three posts".
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuddlesTheDragon Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:23 am

ohhh ok I'll clarify that but it'll probably be tomorrow
CuddlesTheDragon
CuddlesTheDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astral Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:53 am

Moving to declined due to over 2 weeks since an update. Contact me if you wish to take it out and continue.
Astral
Astral
Goddess of the Moon and Stars
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

http://www.rpgdragons.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: