Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Merriment (Private for Rhune) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Merriment (Private for Rhune) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Merriment (Private for Rhune)

2 posters

Go down

Merriment (Private for Rhune) Empty Merriment (Private for Rhune)

Post by Rii Rii Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:35 am

(This thread is backdated to March 10th, 2016.)

The grande halls of the haven were busy as usual as noon struck. Rii had gotten into the fresh kill pile to see if she could find a meat eating animal she could experiment on its stomach with. The woman dragged out a mountain tiger  then quickly went to work dissecting it to get at the stomach before it rotted too much in its own liquids. Then she took the tiger stomach over to her den to stretch it on her wall and dry it. Rii was careful to wash her paws after touching any of the liquid dripping off of the tiger stomach since there was a good chance that it was stomach acids which would corrode her scales badly. This would eventually become leather, and Rii was hoping to see if it could withstand earthwing acid better than regular animal skin leather. Even though it was small, because it had come from a tiger, if this worked as she hoped it would, then Rii would have a basis for her plan on making acid resistant light armor for smaller dragons like herself that lived within the tribe. Dragons like herself, who could not withstand or use acid that many of the earthwings here could use in combat.

For this little foray Rii had not asked anyone to watch the nest or Au for her. Now, after a good washing of her claws and arms, the blue she dragon loomed over her perfect gem-like eggs wondering when if at all that they would hatch. She nuzzled each egg separately, then Au (if he's there at all), and then settled herself back into the nest with nothing to do right this moment. Rhune's wing muscles had already greatly improved by this time, and she was glad to hear mutterings that he had been seen practicing with other dragons in the tribe. He had improved so much after their first encounter, and through all the days and weeks of recovery. She was glad for him, and did want to be there the day he finally took flight. She didn't see him too often since she had laid her eggs, being too busy looking after them and herself. However she had managed to see him often enough as Rhune visited her quite a lot. She wondered if he would visit again today at some point.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Merriment (Private for Rhune) Empty Re: Merriment (Private for Rhune)

Post by Hyruu Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:11 am

((What do you mean backdated?))

Rhune was humming for himself as he headed toward Rii's den. The green dragon had taken the habit from Nara, who also hummed for herself everytime she felt happy. Hopefully, humming with Rhune's voice was far, far more enjoyable than hearing the high pitched hum from the smaller dragoness, so no one had been mad to him because of this new habit. Actually, Rhune was humming like this almost every day. And why wouldn't he? The Haven was a paradise to him compared to what he lived before. He was happy to have got the chance to escape here.
The green dragon was nicely recovering from the pitiful state he was in when arriving among the Earthwings. Several meals a day helped him regain some weight, and despite being a bit light he now wasn't alarmingly so. His scales had began to grow back, thick scales having almost replaced the thin ones he had. This was making him look funny, as light green scales were right next to darker ones, making it look like lighter dots. And of course, what he had been training every day with quite a zeal, his wings muscles. It wouldn't be long now before he could actually fly, and Rhune was more than excited about that. Some things still betrayed his past, however. His body was still littered with scars that would probably never fade, and his horns barely grew again. It would take years for them to be back to what they were supposed to be. Well maybe a few years was also what he needed to get used having horns. Even with what had grew back yet, Rhune was constantly bumping them into something.

Though for some reason Rhune wasn't feeling at ease with many dragons in the Haven. He wasn't sociable enough to engage conversations with dragons he didn't knew, and often felt on the defensive in crowds. He may have recovered well physically, but mentally it seemed like there were scars that would take a longer time to heal. The few dragons he felt safe with included Baldirak, Vilkas, but most of all Rii. Since he had spent so much time with her as she had been his dedicated healer, he liked being with her. So since she was all alone to take care of her eggs, Rhune liked to see her and help her if she needed to. And also, he liked playing with AuSurath. While Rhune seemed nervous around adults, he was more opened to hatchlings and didn't mind playing with them - at the point sometimes one was to wonder if he wasn't a child himself.

Since he had been recovering well, Rhune now also had his very own cave in the Haven. Having a place he could call his own was something that he had a hard time grasping, but once he did he made his best to make it good. The first step had been a comfortable nest, much like the one Rii had set up in the healing chambers. The rest... had yet to be done. Deciding by himself what to do in his own place was something that was beyond Rhune's capabilities. All that was in the cave besides the essential furniture were a number of paw-made poteries for diverse usages. The green dragon had surprisingly developed a hobby in pottery, and when he wasn't training his wings or being his wings, he could be found in the crating chambers practicing his pottery skills.

Soon enough, the green dragon reached the dragoness's place. Rhune stood at the main entrance, like he used to, and tried to peek inside.
"Rii? Can I enter?" he asked, waiting to be invited before going inside.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:58 am

No sooner had she thought about Rhune than he had appeared in her doorway asking to enter. Rii smiled a bit at the odd coincidence, then waved him in. Come in come in. Rhune you are always welcome in my den. Is there anything I can do for you? Rii asked quickly glancing at the green drake inquisitively.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:00 am

Rhune smiled as he heard Rii's voice inviting him to come in. The green dragon entered the den, visibly hiding something behind one of his paws.
"I just wanted to see you, I don't really... need anything. Well, actually... I, erm... You know, that jar I knocked off last time with my horns? I figured... I'd try to make a replacement. It's not perfect, but... I hope you like it." he shyly said.
After saying that, Rhune revealed what he was hiding behind his paw. It was a small jar, like the one he had previously broken. While the form wasn't exactly perfect, it was some pretty nice work for an amateur like Rhune. The green dragon had taken the time to decorate it with intricate motives. Where most dragons preferred sharp lines and angled forms, Rhune's work consisted of smooth lines and circles. All around the jar curves were swirling around socketed gems. They weren't gems of high value, but they had the same color as Rii's scales. There was no doubt that Rhune had spent time on this jar, and he was pretty anxious about what the dragoness would think about it.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:48 am

Rii smiled as Rhune came in. Though she was suspicious of what he had behind his back she didn't say anything until he shuffled forward, answered, and then showed her a pretty vase. While the carved portions of the vase were pretty she was most captivated by the gems he had put into different portions of the vase. Sapphires, emeralds, amethyst, and gleaming peridot decorated the outside of the vase.

Oh Rhune it's beautiful! and that's or me? She gawked at the marvelous vase more in love with its colors and the gems than with the dodgy craftsmanship of the clay parts. She reached out to touch it then grinned wide. Thank you so much Rhune! You really didn't have to do this. Rii reached for the vase carefully her eyes bright with excitement.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:02 am

Rhune felt his heart warming up as Rii accepted his gift. No, not only did she accept it but she also praised his work! The green dragon was having a huge smile as Rii gawked on it, observing it with interest. He handed the vase to Rii, suddenly feeling like the happiest dragon around.
"I... I'm glad you like it! And of course, I had to... I broke your other vase, so... Well... I'm really happy you find it good enough..." he awkwardly replied.
Why did he have such a hard time finding his words suddenly? His face felt hot as he slightly blushed. Was it just the feeling to know Rii was happy? Maybe is was. But in any case he liked it. The healer had her own problems with the eggs and such, seeing her smile was making him happy.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Rii took the vase from Rhune gently lifting it to inspect the shiny stones more closely. She also looked over the actual vase itself and the pottery's craftsmanship. She glanced up to see his huge smile and chuckled as Rii did not think that he would be that happy with her accepting the vase. He blushed and she felt the bit of confusion at the newness of the warm feelings he had, but Rii wasn't able to discern what those warm feelings were.

Rii then turned and strode over to one of the alcoves in her den that was not occupied by anything anymore. It had had the old piece of pottery in it that Rhune knocked over. Now she placed the new vase into it. Rii wondered if the vase might be a good place to put the numerous small semi precious stones that she found or made while working among the earth. She already had a bag of crushed garnet pebbles that she could put into it. For now though the vase looked nice in the corner. She straightened it then turned to glance back to Rhune.

The better you get at this you might be able to start selling these. Rii gestured to the vase behind her then padded back to her nest.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:30 am

(It's not a vase, it's a bowl actually)

Rhune was feeling like melting of happiness as Rii not only accepted his gift, but also showcased it in a rather obvious location. She was liking it enough to show it! After all she did for him, knowing he had cheered her up was a wonderful feeling. He just waited with his bright smile as she stored the bowl, and turned back to him to compliment his work once again. His smile reached a surprising wideness as he was having trouble not moving around. He was that happy, yes. His tail was wagging behind him at an increasing rhythm. But when Rii mentioned selling his work to get money, he tilted his head, his smile slightly fading.
"Selling them?... I don't know. I love making them... but because I want to gift them... I don't think I want... to do some for dragons I don't know. And besides... I want to train for Caretaker." he announced.
This probably wouldn't come as a surprise for Rii. Rhune was seeming to venerate hatchlings so much...
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Tue May 10, 2016 11:13 pm

(OOC: It looks like you said jar in the first post you mentioned it in... so we are both wrong. XD Sorry my bad)

Rii was not totally surprised by Rhune saying that he was training to be a caretaker. He did marvelously well with Au and she was sure other hatchlings would love him. It was a good way for him to do something for the tribe. However she couldn't understand why he didn't like the idea of selling his work to make money. Or trading his work for things. Even as he explained it Rii shrugged.

I make armor and trade it or sell my extra pieces. It is useful to have a little extra money lying around. Rii said in a rather melancholy tone.

Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 am

Rhune blinked as Rii explained she was selling part of armors just for some profit. His smile had faded as he tried his best to understand what she meant. Money... He had heard a lot about it, he had the occasion to have some, but... The concept still felt strange to him.
"I... I don't know. I loved making this one... because I know you would love it. I like making poteries... but only because I want to... gift them. How could I... do good poteries for dragons... I don't know? And if I created another good one... I would want you to have it... not some unknown dragon. Is money... This important? I really like when you smile. Would some money be better than your smile?" he asked with another blink.
Coming from Rhune, the question was totally innocent and honest. He just didn't know the value of money - and after all maybe with that money he could find another way to make Rii smile?
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Rii listened as Rhune tried to explain to her why he made pottery. While she felt and understood deep down that he was being totally innocent in his meaning Rii couldn't help a flush of blood creep under the scales of her cheeks. If she weren't blue colored or covered in fur she would be blushing bright red from the males words. Being a vain dragon Rii was very weak to compliments coming from other dragons.

She let a soft happy smile fill her face as she looked at him. Aye, making pottery for the dragons you enjoy is the best kind of feeling. At some point though, you might want to get something nice that costs a lot. Something that would make your friends and family extremely happy. Something that you won't be able to trade food, pottery, or stones for. You might need money then. Rii explained gently before turning to lay a paw on the precious vase. It's worth went up just after the way he had explained it to her.

I'm not really greedy, and spare for having extra money to pay for special gifts for others I don't sell off too much of the things I make. You might not need a lot of money either, but it's always good to have a little around. Rii looked back to Rhune then wondering if he understood her. The blush still heated her face, and her tail was curling this way and that overly happy with the way he liked her smile.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Rhune had a hard time grasping the concepts Rii was mentioning. He had already understood that he would have to work to make a living - even though the concept of work was much different than what he had been used to - but the concept to work on top of that to sell things he crafted was a bit beyond his scope. Rhune titled his head, visibly in a deep train of thoughts that seemed to leave him more confused than anything.
"I would have money if I become a Caretaker, no ? I'm not sure... to really understand." he admitted.
And besides he had a hard time imagining what would make someone happy. Maybe something like potteries, but something else ? Ugh, his head was starting to hurt from all the thinking.
"Anyway... I'm just glad you liked it." he said with his usual big, silly smile.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down