Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed) - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed) - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed)

+16
Siaga
Neltharion
Aoanani
Ashley
Levish
Sly
Dynamic Oreo
Ender
Draken
Malliath
Arkhor
Aero Dynamic
Storm
Akull
Delillah
Shiningwater
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed) - Page 2 Empty Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed)

Post by Shiningwater Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yea, yea. I've sucked about this in the past, but that's cuz I'll get 50 members all at once wanting art from me. So this time I'm only taking three at a time. When I finish those three, I'll post them all at once and then open up another three (maybe)
They'll only be colored sketches, no shading. I just want the practice for drawing different dragon body types/markings and such. So here's how I'll keep track. I'll put the slots here (first come first serve) and write the names of the users that have requested them in the slots. When they're full, that's it. I'll post the three images, add the pictures up here in spoilers as well so it doesn't get too long, clear the slots, and then the next three people post.
First come first serve, so you'll have to quick. Oh, and only one picture per dragon so it's fair for everyone, and you can only reserve one slot per round. So one person can't take all three for three of their dragons and no one else gets them.
if you don't have your alts posted in your signature that's based purely on the honor system, but please be respectful to others. I draw fast, so I'll probably be doing at least a batch a week, everyone will get a turn, don't be rude.
If you need examples of my work, look at my profile pictures. If my accounts (or my alts) have profile pictures, I drew them. Shine is the most recent one, and is the style I will be using.

Form to fill out:
Code:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Dragon Name:[/b]
[b]Head shot or full body?[/b]
[b]Detailed description or image(preferred):[/b]
[b]Pose/expression(optional):[/b]

Rules(recap)
-1 picture per dragon
-Only one drawing per person per batch
-Colored sketches, no shading, no background
-First come, first serve
-If you're not one of the first three and still post a request, that doesn't guarantee that you get a slot next round
-I'll post all three at once
-I'll try to do finish at least one batch per week (not a promise)
-If I can't finish them, I apologize, and I will warn you
-Head shots are the head, neck, and part of the chest (You may request an expression)
-Full bodies are what they sound like (You can request a pose)

Slots:
Full Body:
-Tempest (stand in name)

Head shot/Bust:
-Kaora
-Sparks

Finished Batches:
Batch 1 (Akull, Delilah, Storm):

Batch 2 (Arkhor, Draken, Ender, Malliath):

Batch 3 (Luna, sLycotic, Areo Dynamic):

Batch 4 (Athena, Neltharion, Saiga):

Last edited by Shiningwater on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:15 pm; edited 19 times in total
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed)

Post by Shiningwater Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:49 pm

2 HEADSHOTS OPEN.

Wow. You got right on that. XD
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed)

Post by Malliath Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Omg, Shine! You did a wonderful job, just how I imagine him. Thank you!
Malliath
Malliath

Male Posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 am

Oh good! I'm glad you like how it turned out! I took a few liberties with his design (like I said, got carried away) so I'm happy it looks the way you imagine him to!
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:35 am

Username: sLychotic
Dragon Name: Sly
Head shot or full body? Headshot
Detailed description or image(preferred): https://2img.net/h/oi58.tinypic.com/5k4zo5.jpg
Pose/expres​sion(optional): Looking towards viewers from side or 3/4 headshot. Head partially down (if you can). Expression is a somewhat evil smirk.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:09 am

OMG, thank you so much Shine, that's literally exactly how I imagined it, Thanks so much!!!!!!
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:29 am

Wow great job Shine I must admit I like your style, thanks Very Happy

can't believe you finished them so quickly XD
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 am

1 HEADSHOT OPEN

@sLy: Got it! Will do!

@Draken: Oh good! I wasn't sure if I got his head shape exactly right, and I changed a few colors, but I'm happy it's what you want!

@Ark: Like I said, I was feeling motivated. XD But i'm a fast drawer, and these are just colored sketches, so they don't take me very long depending on the dragon or if it's a full body or headshot. Some headshots have taken me 10-15 minutes, while Malliath's took me like 45 minutes or more because I got carried away with his coloring.
And thanks! I'm glad you like it!
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Levish Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:04 am

Username:Levish
Dragon Name:Levish
Head shot or full body?Full body
Detailed description or image(preferred): https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/18/82/29/32/eayeiu10.jpg
Pose/expres​sion(optional): Give him a new pose if you don't mind. Maybe make him chewing on some thing.
Levish
Levish
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Male Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 am

Sorry, the full body slot it taken. There is a headshot slot still open, or you can wait until the next round.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:24 am

Question ShiningWater: What is the difference between plugging a tablet into a computer and using a drawing program on it, and just using a drawing app on a tablet? Thanks. Smile
Storm
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

http://techdragonslair.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:36 am

Normally drawing programs and tablets are more accurate, but otherwise there's no difference. It's basically the way you draw, and what program you use. They're both more accurate than a mouse, but tablet and drawing program are more often higher quality and more accurate.

But it's all up to preference.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:03 am

Luna will be super easy c:
Username: Ashley
Dragon Name: Luna
Head shot or full body? Headshot
Detailed description or image(preferred): http://img03.deviantart.net/f435/i/2013/295/9/a/night_fury_oc_by_jojuki-d5yn0an.png as well if you need more

Luna is very small, a 2 inch smaller than her mother, being the smallest in her family. On the top of her head she has the same fin like horns. Her ears are a bit larger than her siblings as she got her fathers large ears gene. Of course cause of her size her legs are a bit small. On the back of her legs are small black spikes. Her claws are thorn sharp and are also black. Neither her mother or father has this but she does. Right behind her back legs are white fins, maybe for swimming. Her wings are large, getting her fathers gene's of big wings. Her wings are double her size, giving her the ability to wrap herself in her wings when she goes to sleep. One thing she got from her mom is the large side fins on her tail, giving her better stability in flight. Trailing down down the middle of her face in between her eyes are black spikes. They will grow a tiny bit bigger then stop. They would be used for ramming into dragons in case she was in trouble. Trailing down her neck and all the way down to the start of her back are spikes but these are different. They are much sharper and more dangerous. As her tail begins double rows of spikes appear on both sides, making her tail a good weapon. One thing many wont notice until she bites them in her double rowed teeth like a sharks. This makes her teeth way more dangerous. Her bite will hurt even worse because of the double rowed teeth. Just like her father her teeth retract. Also Luna has a claw on the end of her wings, helping her now with her unsteady landing.
Pose/expres​sion(optional): Smiling. Just something innocent. She's 18 now. Thank you btw!!
Ashley
Ashley

Female Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 am

ALL SLOTS CLOSED.

I'll post them all at once within a week.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:36 am

Hey again. I am sorry, but if it isn't too big of a deal, could you make Storm's picture transparent for me please? I could do it myself, but it may take me a little while. I will do it myself if you can't. I feel like I have been asking for too much.
Storm
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:58 am

Thank you for doing this, it looks awesome.
Ender
Ender
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Male Scorpio Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:59 am

@ Storm: Not a problem. It's super easy for me on my end. I'll PM it to you.
But a quick warning, if you use if as your avatar when it's transparent, it'll look weird because the background will look black. Everywhere else it'll look transparent, but for some reason transparent backgrounds on here look black.

@ Ender: Glad you like it!
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:00 am

I understand. I just want it for other things, not my profile pic on here.
Storm
Storm
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Pisces Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:06 am

Mkay.
Sent it. Smile
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoanani Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:25 am

//this is just for when the slots open XD and might I say.. You are an AMAZING artist! I can't even draw a circle properly! Very Happy//

Username: Athena
Dragon Name: Athena
Head shot or full body? Head shot
Detailed description or image(preferred): Athena is a White Wyvern, with blue horns, teeth, claws, eyes and feathers. There is a single line of feather starting at the bottom of her horns and ending about two or three feet from her tail, which has a sharp blade at the end. She has four horns, but the smaller two are just below the primary, so they aren't really noticeable. Her snout is a typical dragon snout.
Pose/expres​sion(optional): I would like Athena to be in a very particular position. I'd like her body facing back, but her head turned towards the camera, like she's looking back, if that's okay? And I'd like her shoulder in the view as well, possibly her wing. And I'd like her to be giving a small smirk.

I know this is probably very hard to do! It's just I'm a crappy artist (heck my fan art for Storm and his mate is just.. A piece ah ----) and you're so goooooooood!

Aoanani
Aoanani

Female Virgo Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:59 pm

1 HEADSHOT, 1 FULL BODY SLOT OPEN

Jeeze. Took me long enough. Sorry for everyone who was waiting. I'm gonna try to do these again to keep myself active, but here's the three people were waiting on.
Click on the images in the spoiler to get to a webpage with the full-sized image.

Athena has claimed a spot ahead of time for a headshot.

Batch 3 (Luna, sLycotic, Areo Dynamic):
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Neltharion Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Username: Neltharion
Dragon Name: Neltharion
Head shot or full body? Full body
Detailed description or image(preferred): Shine Needs Drawing Practice (Art slots: Closed) - Page 2 Iets10
Pose/expres​sion(optional): Heroic pose with a small grin
Neltharion
Neltharion
EarthWing Scholar
EarthWing Scholar

Male Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaga Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Username: Siaga
Name: Siaga
Headshot or full body: headshot
Detailed description or image: Siaga is golden brown with green stripes and one passifictly goes down his right eye. He has green horns which are curved a bit and he has blue eyes
Pose/expression: a nervous look or smile (like I asked for Draken)

I know Draken has already gotten a pic but I pmed shine about it and since Draken doesn't look like that anymore, she allowed me to do another and I chose Siaga for the pic
Siaga
Siaga

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:57 pm

<3 <3 <3 <3

OMGOURD hes so smuuuuuuuugg o3o

Thanks Shine!! :'D
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaora Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Areo looks beautiful, thank you ^^
Also, are we allowed to do more than one? Just wondering, although I'm pretty sure you're already full again ^^
Kaora
Kaora
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 pm

ALL SLOTS OPEN.

@sLy: Yay! Glad you like it! That was interesting to mess with because of the half-mask thing. But glad I got what you wanted. Very Happy

@Kaora: Only one picture per dragon, and only picture per batch per person. But as long as it's a different dragon in different batches, yes, you can get more than one. Smile

For those who didn't have a reference image to go off of (Athena & Saiga), I hope I got the designs you had in mind right. Smile

Batch 4 (Athena, Neltharion, Saiga):
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next