Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The five-headed Hydra Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The five-headed Hydra Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The five-headed Hydra

2 posters

Go down

The five-headed Hydra Empty The five-headed Hydra

Post by Polukranos Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Insert Image Here
Personal Info
Name: Polukranos (the name of the entire being, the individual heads are Zen, Sev, Orthan, Polu, Kranos [the first two heads])
Alias: The Hydra
Sexuality: Hetero
Personality: Describing their personality/-ties is not a simple task. At one moment one might think they simply are the extensions of one character, synchronizing their speech as to all five speaking at the same time but then there are moments where the heads are talking among each other, revealing their different natures. True however is something more complicated. As they are five heads on one body, they are driven by one collective "idea" of sorts. This allows them to move as one and gives them the drive to move on, more simply referred to as the "instinct". However each of them also have different core personalities that make up the versatility of the character himself.
-As they were the first two heads, Polu and Kranos are the de facto leaders of the five with Polu being the more charismatic of the two who gets also easily upset about petty things. Kranos on the other head is the more calm and collected one who leaves the talking to Polu and the others and mostly analyzes the other dragons around them, leaving him with problems when faced with a group as that is something he can't easily deal with.
-The youngest addition to the cast is Zen being the constant moral reminder of the group. While he himself remains silent at all times, through the mental link they share he gives the others his opinion of things and keeps them from both going too far when it isn't necessary as well as not doing something self-destructive.
-In between these three, from their relative age, are Sev and Orthan. Sev is the more aggressive one of the five, usually leaving snarky and sometimes even venomous comments about others but also being the one who sometimes has to keep the group straight and away from distractions, urging them to go on. Orthan is the most peaceful one. Now, one should not easily confuse peace for being unable to kill, he simply despises any kind of death that is not related to natural ones like being devoured by a predator or dying of sickness or old age. He wouldn't directly attack anyone of his own accord and only fight in self-defense
Interests: In general, they share many or most interest as like living the life of the apex predator in the wild (that being caused by the "instinct"), only caring for themselves and each other and taking baths. Of course, they all have some individual ones too.
-Polu: Charming the female dragons
-Kranos: Reading a good book
-Sev: Physical training to keep him going
Orthan: Meditating at a quiet place, preferrably with a pond
-Zen: No one really knows what Zen likes as he disappears most of the time when they seperate but he always reappears much calmer than before
Dislikes: Many, many things. Rejection for Polu, unknown things for Kranos, Getting ignored for Sev, constant distraction for Orthan and...senseless and degrading behavior like mass slaughter for Zen.
Fears: The only thing that they truly fear is being seperated permanently as well as permanent death. That last one basically means getting killed while seperated as the original character always comes back if his head is seperated from the combined body.

General Appearance
Height: 155 ft.
Scales: Dark green on the outer side, golden-amber on the inner side.
Eyes: Grey, on all of the heads
Appearance: Polukranos (Sometimes called Poly) is a large hydra, a creature the humans regarded as nothing more than a myth. As typical for a hydra, he has multiple heads, five in total, each of them sharing one personality. He's missing the usual wings that go with the classical design of a dragon but fins at the back of the heads. All heads are adorned by two horns curved back.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: EarthWing
Family: No real family aside from the other heads
Mate: Not yet
Hatchlings: Not yet either

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: His size can be a great strength as he can use his mass to full force. Aside from that, he has five heads which can all snap at his enemy, biting into him/her.
Special Abilities: The mythical creature that the humans described is not so mythical at all, neither is the obvious ability to regrow heads. Whenever a hydra's head is cut off, two new will grow in its place.
A specialty of Polukranos and his unique physique is the ability to split himself into five different bodies, all connected to each other through their minds. As they have different consciousnesses in their combined body, they also have them in their seperated bodies. But due to the mental connection they share with each other in their original form (otherwise they wouldn't be able to move) they always know the relative location to each other in case they need to spread out during a moment of danger. In these split forms, all of them look exactly the same, lose the fins on their back but gain wings to fly with. However, they all also have only 1/5 of their physical strength and are all smaller (around the average Icewing size). Of course, they can all combine back into one again but all living embodiments of the hydra have to be present and should one of them die in their smaller dragon form then the hydra will not grow two new heads.
Weakness: Well, each form of the entire entity has different weaknesses. In their combined hydra form, they have no wings to fly and are pretty heavy, leaving them pretty slow on the feet and unable to chase dragons into the sky. While seperated, they individually miss the strength they have together and their size and weight is much smaller, making them easy prey for bigger foes.
Combat Style: Close range, either utilizing their multiple heads and their sheer size to crush the enemy or splitting up and fighting as five close-ranged against airborne opponents.

Background
History: Later
RP Sample: N/A
Polukranos
Polukranos
EarthWing Citizen
EarthWing Citizen

Back to top Go down

The five-headed Hydra Empty Re: The five-headed Hydra

Post by Hyruu Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Didn't I already answer this? Weird I was sure I did.
Honestly I'm not sure how to begin, but your character is just too powerful like this. The original hydra head growth is already extremely powerful like that, your other power just goes too far. So you'll definitely have to chose one of those two and put additional constraints.
If you chose to keep the dissociation, you'll have to remove the fact he gains wings.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Polukranos Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Alright...I try to see your points, , Hyruu, I really try. But compared to some of the other dragons on this site here, I can't really understand how this is too powerful, maybe you could elaborate on that.
I mean, I mentioned it in the ability section that although the five heads are able to split into a single dragon each, they all are much weaker than they are combined. Come into fact that they can only come back together when all are alive, conscious and together and that each of them is smaller than they are combined.
Then there is the fact that none of them have any ability other than their own body. They don't have poison, venom, fire, any kind of breath attack, no magic, nothing. All they can do is split apart and come back together.
And about the combination of the hydra trait with the dissociation, their mass doesn't increase with each head, meaning that if there are six heads and they split apart, they become even weaker and smaller individually.

So please, Hyruu or any other admin, elaborate on how Polukranos, as he currently is, is too powerful.
Polukranos
Polukranos
EarthWing Citizen
EarthWing Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Congrats you've won the prize of the app that I managed to lose its tab the most >< No seriously sorry about that delay.

After some thinking and discussion, you're right, it's not too powerful. Immunity to decapitation just seems strong on the spot. So you're approved !
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down