Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Birthday Contest XD (Place ideas) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Birthday Contest XD (Place ideas) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Birthday Contest XD (Place ideas)

+5
Hyruu
Tenebris
Nexus
Echostorm
Arkhor
9 posters

Go down

Birthday Contest XD (Place ideas) Empty Birthday Contest XD (Place ideas)

Post by Arkhor Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:34 pm

With my birthday coming up I though why not do a contest, since its been a while we have had one. So you guys ready to get some prizes? XD

So as the title says, this is going to be a place contest, so within 50 words describe your idea and the two which I like the most will be included on the map and can be used in RP. Feel free to go wild with this, as long as its reasonable XD. Remember to add where this place is, i.e where its close to and what area, (use map for reference)

Prizes:
1st. Included in world, personal glow and title. Including char of their choice being made into a Demi god.
2nd: Included in world, glow and title
3rd: Personal title.

There we go, remember your place doesn't have to known by dragons, it could be a long lost area.

I will end this by the 30th.

Good luck guys.

p.s If a member of staff wins I will come up with another prize.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Birthday Contest XD (Place ideas) Empty Re: Birthday Contest XD (Place ideas)

Post by Echostorm Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Hmm...  well, here’s mine.
A large grotto, contained in a circular chamber of smooth, black stone. For many centuries, it remained forgotten in the jungle. The entrance is a half-buried, door less, decorated gateway that resembles the entrance to an Asian building. Vines and ivy cover its surface. When you enter, you step into a long, dark hallway, full of drawing and depictions of forgotten places and people, lit by torches. There are many cracks and vines and patches of moss. Faded scenes and cob-webs. At the end, you emerge at the top of the chamber. Below is a deep, shimmering pool, and above is a statue of a huge dragon on a pedestal. As large as an Earthwing, it depicts a huge dragon rearing, looking straight up and ready to take flight. Strange blue lights emerge from the pool at night, when it shines brighter than ever. It is a memorial to a far-off time, when wars raged across the land. But its stories were forgotten along with it, until its recent discovery near (but not in) Lightwing territory. The water is said to hold healing properties, but only on the first full moon of the year. At other times, it is merely a beautiful but eerie grotto, and a last memorial to times long past…

EDIT:
MORE INFO! (Hozzah!)

It was a tomb for an ancient hero of a forgotten war. A war between the dragons and a strange group of rouges, pulled together in a hatred towards the tribes. Depicted on the hallway's sloping walls is a timeline of the war. But even deeper secrets are buried here, in this strange monument...

What will you discover...?

(CHEESY ENDINGS!)

Last edited by Echostorm on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Echostorm
Echostorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:46 am

Nice description Razz would be interesting with some lore behind the story if it wins Very Happy
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexus Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:22 am

Fifty words? Alright, let's do this...

Luminescent Gulf, south of the Sea of Embers, between Seawing and Firewing territory:

A tropical region chilled by the sea breeze and warmed by the ever-present sun. The coastline is filled with palms and exotic foliage, ripe with various fruits. Along the pearl-hued sands are clear waters that range from hot saunas to cool, pattering waves, populated with diverse groups of fish.
Nexus
Nexus

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:12 am

Quick question, is this fifty words the minimum or literally it has to be fifty words?
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:39 am

I'd guess it's a minimum because I don't see how to describe an interesting place in so few words ^^
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am

Yeah fair enough, my exact point
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:59 pm

DAelorios Island -- Located in the Valoras Sea at a distance from the mainland that the former EarthWing territory is from the NightWing territory. It has been forgotten by the tribes, only a myth now. It is said to have been the place where Dragons first appeared after the world's creation. Known as the ElderWings, these Dragons resembled in appearance all of the Dragons seen today. When overcrowding threatened them, they migrated to the mainland which was much larger. Overtime they would evolve into the seven species seen today and eventually form tribes. The ElderWings left the island deserted, nothing but simple prey animals remaining... Or so it was thought.

North of the homeland of the Sky Serpents, in the Valoras Sea, there is an island. It is half the size of the main island which the FireWings, EarthWings, IceWings, and NightWings inhabit. Unlike its larger counterpart which houses many climates, this island is mainly forested. It was lost to time and the memory of the Sky Serpents. At its center, there is a large lake, fed by the ocean. At the center of the lake, the ruins of a palace. Embraced by moss and vine, kept company by trees, the palace still holds some beauty and an endless amount of mystery. On the ground leading to its only remaining door, the is an inscription, too worn by time to read. On one of the fallen walls is a cracked carving of a horned snake. Buried beneath the rubble and dirt are a few scrolls, fewer still which could possibly be read. The palace appears to have been built by Humans, but no Human inhabits this land, nor have they for centuries. In fact, by daylight, the island appears completely void intelligent life. But at dusk, a creature emerges from the depths of the lake, a creature the Sky Serpents might call a SeaWing... from a distance. At a closer glance, it seems to hold some physical trait of all the Sky Serpents. But unlike them, this creature has no breath, no defense of any sort aside from its claws and horns. When it emerges, the island suddenly teems with life. Others like this creature from the lake emerge from the forest, from within, beneath, or nearby structures too decrepit to be recognized. Perhaps they were once buildings of some sort. Lesser beings, prey animals, they hide, giving the island over to these Land Serpents. --Written on one of the surviving scrolls

Last edited by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 pm

While writing up some ideas it's occurred to me, although Shadows Refuge is regarded lorewise as a place and what have you it is yet to appear officially on the map of Pyyria. So as my idea I'm posting a link to the IC publication echology of Shadows Refuge. Might as well try to win these prizes.
http://www.rpgdragons.org/t2341-study-of-shadow-s-refuge

Last edited by Tenebris on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Looking good so far guys keep it up Razz
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:23 am

The last thing the Earthwing were expecting during their excavations was to find out that someone, before them, had dug deeper than they ever did. Deeper that they ever dared to.
It all began the day an excavating team revealed the existence of a shaft that seemed to get deeper in the earth. The shaft itself was too regular to be a natural formation. After further exploration, debris of an unknown machine were found, a machine like no one ever saw. A careful examination concluded this must have been some sort of digging machine, made to break the rock as smoothly as a claw would through dirt. But far from solving any mystery, this only raised others. And the biggest one was why this machine seemed to operate to dig upwards.
Exploration teams were dispatched to explore the shaft, and each one was coming back with more breathtaking discoveries. The shaft was going extremely deep, at least twice as deep as the entrance already was. And at the end of this shaft, explorers discovered nothing less than a whole city, built inside a gigantic cavern. The explorers reported the buildings and alleys were still in an exceptional condition, apart from some occasional rumbles, despite seeming extremely old. A lot of the buildings seemed to have been carved from the stone, emerging from the ground in one single massive block. Some were even constructed inside the walls that delimited the cave. All the buildings showed delicate carved ornaments which would put the best Earthwing artisans to shame. Some inscriptions were also visible, written with unknown symbols. The writing was made of smoother symbols than the draconian alphabet, while still showing some sharp components. Also, the whole cavern actually was dimly lit from the roof. Explorers dispatched there discovered a sort of luminescent plant growing, a plant they had never seen before.
The city was designed for beings smaller than the large Earthwings, but still bigger than the tiny humans. The openings fitted perfectly the smallest explorers that had been sent, suggesting whoever lived there was about the size of a small dragon. Explorers reported that most, if not all the buildings contained shelves filled with books. Libraries were also found, libraries of a size that had never been witnessed before. A lot of the books had been deteriorated by the passage of time, but some of them still were readable, at least by fragments.
For some reason, some part of the city and some buildings were not accessible from the outside. Even from the inside, the explorers that had managed to fit through some small openings couldn't find anything that remotely looked like a door. Most of the concerned areas seemed to have been designed for wealthy beings, with numerous palaces and mansions. It was for certain that whoever owned these buildings wasn't slipping through a window to get in. So how did they actually enter them ?
Lot of mysteries still remained on the city. Other machines were found, but the use for most of them still was to discover. The enigma of the closed buildings had yet to be solved, as well as one, bigger mystery. The shaft seemed to be the only opening through the whole cavern to the outside, but visibly this same shaft never went up to the surface. Who built and inhabited this city ? How did they arrive there in the first place ? What technologies and techniques were to be discovered from this civilization ? And, most importantly, what happened to them ?
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 am

Bump 5 days to go
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:57 pm

With 5 days left I'm going to go ahead and add an extra element to this. I want you to make an rp involving a plot on your island. Topics for this rp should be made in the random RP area. If your area wins then it will be moved to the regular dragon rp area. Shadows Refuge being an exception as it is already a lore acknowledge area.

I would highly suggest large planned and well thought out posts for this. 5 days is a short amount of time for a topic so each post makes a big difference.

After the contest is over obviously the plots can continue. If the first place winner would like I will actively participate in their thread with whatever character they would like me to participate with. As a reminded my characters are Celestia, Kenina, and Aari.
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm

bump
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barracuda Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:36 am

Maybe I'll write a backstory for mine later... that might be fun!
Also, bump!
Barracuda
Barracuda
SeaWing Vulcan
SeaWing Vulcan

Capricorn Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:50 am

Last chance guys, tomorrow I'm closing this.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 am

Here goes mine I guess....

Bloodsing Cave;

Bloodsing cave is an old silver mine with a series of labyrinth like tunnels and thousand foot holes just waiting to catch you off guard. Those who have entered this haunting place often never make it back and those who have, have left their sanity long behind. But at the end of all the twist turning and overlapping shafts lies a solitary room housing Hell's Daughter, a bone chilling statue of a human woman, screaming into the sky and holding a large jar out in front of her engraved with the words 'thouy gnitsal-reve detnarg eb lliw doolb ym knird ohw esoht'. The statue cries blood and fills the basin below her feet with it. No one knows where the blood comes from, but they'd rather not find out. It is said the statue will order you to kill twenty of your own kind and dissect each corpse and place the organs in the jar in her hands. Once that is completed you may drink the blood from the basin at her feet. The blood is said to grant to youth but only for a few days time. To keep the youth, you must continue to do as she asks. If you drink the blood without her approval, it will have been poisoned and will kill you slowly and painfully.

2spooky4me
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:08 pm

Due to the low amount of participants the rewards have been reduced to
1st place Included in world, char of their choice being made into a Demi god, and Personal title
2nd place Char of their choice being made into a Demi god and Personal title.
and no 3rd place.

And the winners of the contest are.

1st place: Baldi with Daelorios Island.
and
2nd place Hyruu with the underground city.

Congratulation PM me or Ark for your prizes, or chat if we are around.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Congrats any questions feel free to contact me, locking topic
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down