Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Pausing for a Rest ((Open to all)) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Pausing for a Rest ((Open to all)) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Pausing for a Rest ((Open to all))

3 posters

Go down

Pausing for a Rest ((Open to all)) Empty Pausing for a Rest ((Open to all))

Post by Hikari Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:26 am

Angling downward towards the ground, Hikari searched for a good spot to land. Trees, trees, trees.... there!! Not half a kilometer away was a small field. Perfect, he thought, for a little time to sit in the sun. Closing his wings a bit more, he dived down closer to the spot, wind brushing the tree branches as he backwheeled to land, alighting on the ground with a thump. Hikari folded his wings to his sides, tired after a long day of flying. He'd gone around the entire border to the new LightWing territory, familiarizing himself with the land. Now it was time for him to take a rest; soak up some much-needed sunlight. Letting out a low rumble, Hikari settled down onto his stomach, curling into a lithe circle, the tip of his tail in a little loop of its own. The only thing better than flying, he believed, was this. Yawning, he closed his amber orbs, shifting a bit before settling completely.
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Pausing for a Rest ((Open to all)) Empty Re: Pausing for a Rest ((Open to all))

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:23 pm

OOC: So...lots of stuff happened while I was gone. Terrific, at least I won't be exactly bored now and maybe some posting would help get some more activity for the Lightwings. By the way, whats this I hear about a coming war?

Hes been gone for too long, how long, he couldn't remember after that encounter with that old dragon. What was his name again, Phantasmo or something like that? That was in the past and a moment of weakness he'll never show again as long as he lives, not exactly much coming from a old dragon such as himself. Why is he walking through the jungle instead of flying, maybe age has caught up with him, maybe not, since it was hard to tell considering he was wearing armor, given it isn't exactly that heavy due to it enhancing his power with a special alloy which seemed to be a gleaming silver of some type.

Back to the situation at hand, the certainly grumpy elder dragon kept walking on through the trees, not giving much thought for stealth considering he was in Lightwing territory now, his new home he decided to help protect as a promise. A promise he intended to keep and keep doing even if age claimed his wings from him. He could see a clearing up ahead, a small field perhaps, maybe he could get a bit of rest finally from his tiring walk. Once he cleared the treeline he could clearly be seen by any, if any were watching, the pale grey dragon was a good description of a aged, veteran warrior, sleek metallic ceremonial armor covered most of his body just enough to give him protection of his most vital parts, small scars crisscross his body when visible, and a small white beard with a wrinkled face to complete it. Though slender and a bit fragile, he was still a experienced fighter, even though age was clearly showing up on him. He soon saw another dragon in the small field besides him, evidently curling up to rest like he originally was to do as well once he sat down. Maybe this was his chance to finally figure out what happened after his long absence, "Excuse me young dragon, are you a Lightwing Guardian?" He asked politely, hoping the other dragon wasn't asleep yet.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Male Posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:29 pm

((There's planning for an inter-tribe war with those who wish to participate in the plotting forum. The main topic is here if you want to join in.))

Hikari gave no notice to the sound of rustling bushes near him, when they appeared. He'd finished his rounds only moments ago, there was no way anybody with a vicious intent could have already appeared. Still, he knew it was better to be safe than sorry, as the old proverb went. Almost as slow as a snail, the LightWing began to uncurl the tip of his tail. He'd avoided putting on armor this morning, not wanting the extra weight, but the poisoned point at the end of the armor was clipped onto the end of his tail. Best to keep that at the ready, just in case. How embarrassing would it be to be defeated on his own tribe's territory? He wasn't quite sure he'd ever be able to live it down, not now, nor ever.

When he was spoken to, however, Hikari became interested. The voice was older sounding, older than himself, but unfamiliar. Even not being with the LightWings for long, the tribe itself was small. He'd thought he'd be able to recognize most of the dragons in the tribe by now. That assumption must have been wrong. Deciding that maybe a nap was a far-off possibility anyway, the dragon lifted his head, blinking open two amber orbs and looking behind him at the new dragon. The first thing that caught his eye was the armor. So this male was a fighter. Not many of those were found among the LightWings lately. "I am," Hikari replied simply, not moving from his current laid-out position.
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:18 pm

((OOC: Thanks I'll check it out later when I have the time. It sounds Interesting to say the least.))

Another lightwing, one he didn't recognize with his short time being with the tribe before that other dragon showed up and knocked him out. He then quickly focused back on the conversation he was trying to have with this new lightwing he just met, so he resumed his questioning, "Who is the current leader of the lightwings now... and what is your name by chance, I haven't been with the tribe very long and I thought I knew everyone there." He asked the younger guardian dragon.

Just how long had he been gone exactly? Curse that old dragon for doing this to him! If he had never went out on patrol for just that one day...maybe this wouldn't have happened to him. But it was his duty to protect his tribe, like any guardian should, and patrols was part of the job. Some guardian he was, getting knocked out by an even older dragon then he was and at his mercy to, so much for the armor as well. It only seemed to bring him more trouble then it was supposed to help protect him from it.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 pm

((No problem))

He found his head tipping to the side at the knowledge that the other dragon didn't know who the current leaders of the tribe. Was he not new? But he must be, if he was unfamiliar... Why can't things be simple? he thought. Life would be so much easier. "Lucian and Devi," he replied. "I am Hikari." Simple. Simple. Simple. He didn't like confusion, or confusing situations. This was turning out to be both. Sighing, Hikari came to the conclusion he wasn't getting a nap. Standing, he turned to face the other dragon, tucking his wings down more comfortably to his sides and letting his tail trail along the ground. At least he knew this dragon was new. Newer than him, maybe? He hoped so. It'd mean he actually did know the whole tribe, or at least now he did. "What is your name?"
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Hikari's answer struck a chord within him and he didn't like it. He thought Sleenia was still the current leader and this guardian just turned his whole view upside down and over again. Two leaders, did something happen to her? Was it that dragons doing again, did he knock him out on purpose, or just sheer coincidence? During his thought racking, he only half heard the younger dragon ask what his name was.

"I doubt it means much anymore...considering I've been gone longer then I hoped wasn't true. I am Dharmith, a Guardian of the Lightwings." He said with mixed feelings. A failed one at that. He thought to himself harshly. He had to know what happened though...to the Sleenia at least, "What happened to the previous leader...her name was Sleenia?" He asked hopefully getting a answer from this dragon due to his unexpected absence.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:26 pm

The Guardian's head tipped to the side curiously when the other dragon seemed surprised by this. If he'd just joined, how could he not know the current leaders? That was strange... almost too strange for him. The confused feeling was coming back, and he still didn't like it. When the other dragon's name was spoken, his face showed no recognition. He really didn't know this dragon. At the second question, he shook his head simply. "I don't know," he said, shifting a bit in uncomfortableness at his inability to answer.
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:21 am

"How...do you not know? You are a guardian are you not?" He said as anger started to bubble inside him. This was reflected by his scale color changing to a bright red and start to darken slowly. His armor also turned a red and darken as well, "How could you not know?! Are you not a guardian of the Lightwings?!" He said with a rising anger in his tone. This situation already angered him slightly and Hikari not being able to answer him increased that even more.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:14 am

Lucian crossed the skies. Although he wasn't a dragon who would spend his time with groups, it didn't mean that he wasn't one who wouldn't spend his time with others. Crossing the sky, he found a small clearing with two dragons, obviously Lightwings. As he overheard them talking, he landed a few feet away between the trees quietly as he didn't want to interrupt their talking. However, as he noticed the growing anger in the voice of one of them, he stepped in, deciding that it was enough. He came into the clearing, where both of the dragons could see him. He sat down and hold one claw up as a gesture to hold their conversation.
"That's enough. Hold your anger back as the dragon in front of you is still young and doesn't know all of the details. I am Lucian, one of the current leaders of the Lightwings. Speak to me if you want answers to your questions."
Lucian
Lucian
LightWing Bishop
LightWing Bishop

Male Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

At Dharmith's words, Hikari lowered his head, beginning to turn a shade of reddish-purple. He knew it wasn't good he didn't know that, but he'd never known Sleenia. How could he have known what happened to her when she left? Or disappeared, or whatever she'd done. He opened his mouth to let out a statement saying just that, when another dragon appeared.

For a moment, Hikari didn't recognize his leader and stiffened slightly in surprise, his head tipping to the side. When he realized it was Lucian, however, he forced himself to calm down, his scales becoming more blue than their previous color. Though, the young comment made him bristle a bit inside, considering he was full grown. He just wasn't exactly a Wise One yet. Hikari sighed and sat down, seeing no reason to speak at the moment.
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Just as he was most likely about to do something he would most likely regret, that was when Lucian intervened. This sudden appearance caught him off-guard and lessen his anger. Once Lucian said he was the the leader, the anger slightly returned as he asked his question, "So your one of the new leaders this guardian mentioned. Maybe you can answer my question, What happened to the previous leader Sleenia?" He said barely keeping his anger in check as he asked his question. He knew he was still a guardian and that meant to keep respect to the tribe leader, but he wasn't exactly in a good state of mind now to keep his emotions in check.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Lucian looked the dragon straight in his eyes. He knew how angry he must have been, however he had to show that he should be able to hold his emotions back. His determent gaze locking in with Dharmith's, he responded in a fierce tone.
"This is not of your concern. Whatever happened to the previous leader is only known by my fellow leader Devi and myself. Now I want you to change your tone and calm down. As a guardian, you should be able to overcome your emotions and be respectful towards those above you."
Of course, it was a bit off for Lucian to speak like this, however, he had to show that dragon that he was serious, and that this was a matter not for anyone to know.
Lucian
Lucian
LightWing Bishop
LightWing Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:28 pm

The LightWing Guardian looked between the two, quite unsure what to do. This was almost closing in on a battle, which made him nervous. If it occurred, however, he knew he'd have to defend his tribe leader whatever the cost. Hikari stood once more, his tail held at the ready to swing, his eyes narrowing slightly. With two against one, the odds seemed okay, but with that armor, Dharmith could cause damage before he went down. That meant-
Blinking, Hikari stopped himself. Why would he think Dharmith would attack? He wasn't being very.... diplomatic, but that didn't mean he would commit treason. Goodness, he thought. Get your act together, Hikari. You're too warlike.
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:04 pm

"I-" he started to say back to Lucian, but held his tongue back. The younger dragon had a point, one he grudgingly accepted when he became a Guardian. So he did what Lucian said and calmed down as he controlled his emotions, this was reflected by his scale and armor changing back to their normal colors. "You are right and I apologize for my outburst. I let my emotions cloud my judgement and take control of me." He said as he bowed his head respectively as he sat down with a sigh. "You are wise beyond your years and I respect that, a trait desirable for one of your rank to have." He said respectively towards Lucian. He might not like how his question went unanswered, but he does indeed agree with Lucian being leader of the Lightwings, a tribe he took a vow to protect with his life.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Lucian's gaze softened as he saw the dragon understanding. He returned a small smile as his voice softened as well
"Good to hear that you came to your senses. I know that you are disappointed about your question left without a real answer, but understand that there are reasons for leaders to leave their position...and not all of them have to be known. We know them and it's already enough. Just leave it there."
Lucian
Lucian
LightWing Bishop
LightWing Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Seeing the danger had passed, Hikari relaxed once more, sitting down and coiling his tail around feet. "All the borders have been checked," he said, hoping to defuse the atmosphere a little bit. It was too stuffy and stiff for his liking. He preferred things to be, at the very least, calm. "And they're clear. Would this be a good time to suggest hunting? I'm sure many other tribe members would appreciate some food." His voice was soft, but firm. He knew what he was going to do, and he hoped the two others would join him. If not, well, he'd simply bring back what he could.
Hikari
Hikari
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Maybe it wasn't such a hopeless situation after all at least to Dharmith. At least there were such capable dragons in the small tribe of lightwings which it needed greatly and he could get along just fine with them. When he heard Hikari's suggestion to go hunting, he merely chuckled, "Unfortunately I'll have to pass on that, unlike you two young dragons, I'm not as young as I once was. So for now," he yawns, "I'll be taking a nap." He said with a small smile before laying his head down and quickly fall asleep with light snoring could be heard.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down