Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

First Improvements (With Solstice) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

First Improvements (With Solstice) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

First Improvements (With Solstice)

2 posters

Go down

First Improvements (With Solstice) Empty First Improvements (With Solstice)

Post by Viktor Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Viktor was flying above Pyyria, slowly moving towards the Icewing Territory. He was supposed to meet somedragon who wanted him to work on him/her, making some improvements. Inside, he was very happy about it, that someone finally showed up to begin his Glorious Evolution. About halfway into the Icewing Territory, where the snowstorms weren't so harsh yet, he sat down, waiting. He knew of course that it was easier for others to find him as he was the dragon made out of metal.
Now...all we have to do is waiting for that dragon to show up...
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

First Improvements (With Solstice) Empty Re: First Improvements (With Solstice)

Post by SolsticeEquinox Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Solstice, obviously, being a mother of seven, was unable to leave her den without reassuring the safety of her children. She locked away her herbs in a thick ice trunk and made sure that it couldn't be opened. "Kids, be good. Do not leave the palace, and don't annoy other dragons. Okay? I love you." She said and took one last glance along the den for dangers. She spun around and flew out of the palace, her light blue eyes searching the area for a dragon. She scented the air and caught a foreign smell. It was one of earth, nature, beautiful lands. Her eyes caught a silver dragon, who stood out extremely against the snowy terrain of the IceWing territory. She hovered for a moment, then deciding to alight down in her usual swirling motion. "Greetings. Are you the.. er.. Vulcan dragon I was told to meet?" She asked and looked up. She raised an eyeridge and began to tense up. A one hundred twenty foot dragon, made of pure metal. As if she hadn't gotten into enough fights with dragons two or three times her size. "It is nice to meet you. I am Solstice Equinox Wolf, Goddess of Ice and IceWing healer." She said in a calm, yet strong voice. She smoothed her feathers and flicked her tail. She was still deciding if this dragon was trust worthy enough. Solstice was great at making friends, but equally as great at making enemies. He had agreed to come and "improve" her. With metal. Solstice had thought about this. She decided that no where on her body needed improvement. Aside from her claws. She often got into many fights, mainly with tall dragons who had extremely tough scales, so her claws would be great to be even sharper than usual.

"So... how exactly will you go about replacing my claws?" She asked and raised a front paw, tilting her head to the side and moved around her joints, which had very little dexterity due to the fact that they were well, paws. She shrugged and sat down, crossing her tail over her paws. She was ready to spring up and deploy her ice aura need be. One thing she had learned: always be prepared to fight new dragons. She didn't know very many EarthWings. Well, none at all. She had no idea how their tribe worked. But it was time to expand her horizon and get out of her den for once. She looked around and hoped she wouldn't see other dragons. She hoped someone that wasn't an IceWing was here. Aside from this dragon, of course.
SolsticeEquinox
SolsticeEquinox
Goddess of Ice
Goddess of Ice

Female Posts : 684

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Viktor looked up as his ears sensed somedragon flying towards him. As he stood up, he could see who was standing in front of him, an Icewing Dragoness. Honestly, he doesn't care who asks for his services, if male or female, regardless of their tribe, even if they didn't have any tribe. Introducing herself as a goddess threw him back a bit, but he quickly found his composure again, simply taking this in as a great step towards his plans.
Why, yes of course. I am Viktor, Earthwing Vulcan. I made the offer of improvement for other dragons. As you can see on my own body, I have made some changes on myself to the point where I can't go any further.
After hearing that she only wanted to improve her claws, he was a bit disappointed, which of course couldn't be seen on his metallic face. He hold a sigh back as he started to explain.
You see, improving is in itself very easy. In short I'll replace your claws like they are now with much better metallic claws I'll craft myself. Of course I have to get the size of them but that'll be easy. In long, I'll remove your claws and replace them with the metal ones. However, since your nerves and muscles aren't really responding to any kind of metal limbs, I will have to insert some wires which I'll connect to your muscles so that your claws will move accurately. Now, that may sound like it would hurt but I can promise to you that you won't feel any pain. I am an expert on this and I know how to avoid pain in this kind of surgery.
He looked up in her eyes, waiting for an answer. He wasn't quite sure if she would still accept after hearing such things. There were dragons who were accepting at first only to back up later on after hearing what he would do in detail.
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by SolsticeEquinox Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Solstice raised an eyeridge. Surgery? Painless? Psshh! Last time she heard that, she vomited several times and was thrown in a cell with a murderous dragon that she didn't know. She thought over the consquences. So she would have powerful claws. They would slice through scales and anything else with ease. But, she would have screwed up nerve endings and claws that could be dulled. They would be able to be torn out easier. But fighting. And what if he did something to her paws? What if she was paralyzed? But then again, the dragon had covered himself completely in metal and was still alive and able to move freely. "Okay. Fine. But will it mess up my nerve endings or my body in any way? And will I still be able to move my paws as swiftly in order to apply herbs to my patients? Combat moves?" She asked. "And I have one more question. I am able to form ice armour across my body easily. It is thick. But it takes from my energy, which is a drawback in battle. I'd like armour. Not replacing my scales, but armour I can take off and on. Easily. Can you do that?" She looked up at the tall dragon and spread her wings, beating them without taking off. She appeared before him at eye level. It was easier to discuss this way. And eye contact was proper when having a conversation. She beat her feathered wings steadily and awaited a response. She was so used to her ice. But, this was helpful. Her claws were natural fibers and could break. Metal, not so easily. It would slice through her enemies like paper. Not that she would do that, anyway. But she wanted to protect hef family. Her tribe, her mate, her kids. Her best friends. And the armour part was in case of war. She had been hearing talk of conflict among the tribes recently and wanted only the best to fight for her kingdom. She was loyal. The healer of a tribe probably didn't fight much during wars, but what if her patients were injured? "I have another question. Can you move just fine? " she asked. Solstice had always been an extremely curious dragoness, eager to find out every last bit of information. Eager to ask stupid and helpful questions.
SolsticeEquinox
SolsticeEquinox
Goddess of Ice
Goddess of Ice

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:08 am

Viktor listened to all the questions carefully as he could hear something in her voice. It was a feeling that Viktor knew just to well from others who he asked before.
She's afraid. I can understand that. It even sounds like she already has experience with surgeries, but not the good kind...I have to assure her that everything will be fine.
He focused completely on her while his mind was racing, looking for spots all over her body where his augments would improve her.
One: No, it won't mess up any nerves or your body. You might feel a bit less around your claws but that's all there is to it. Two: Since my wires work will be connected to your muscles, you will be able to work these claws just as good as your old claws, at some point they might even be more precise. Three: All combat moves you've done so far will work with the metal claws, as long as they didn't depend on you having organic material for your claws. For the armor, I am a Vulcan. Even though I specialize in something different, I am of course still able to craft armor. The question simply is: What material should the armor be made of? And for the last question, yes I can move just fine. Many ask me such questions about myself but I don'T mind, they are simply curious since no one has ever seen a dragon like me. The only problem will come up if I get like ice or small rocks inside my legs or my wings. Then I might not move that good. But otherwise I can move even better than I did as a normal dragon.
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by SolsticeEquinox Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Solstice sighed. "Alright, sir. Viktor. You've convinced me. Where do we start?" She asked and raised a paw, wiggling her claws and looking at him. She looked at her claws and decided that the decision has been officially made. She was going to replace her claws with metal. She wasn't going to replace anything else. She just wanted to feel safer. Solstice had one more issue. The fact that her claws were retractable. How would it work? Would she still be able to do that? She didn't want to injure her patients, injure her children. That would be terrible. "And one final bodily issue... My claws are naturally retractable. I want to still be able to do that to go about my daily activities. And I don't want my new claws scratching up my flesh." The dragoness explained in a calm voice that projected clearly. One had to speak clear. She was obviously a hard customer to convince. There were so many things that she was worried about. What if he was lying? Solstice had been lied to multiple times before when asking about her personal health and issues. It was hard to trust anyone anymore. But she again, knew nothing of the EarthWings. They could be the kindest tribe. Or the worst. Who knows? But if Solstice did have her claws removed... and the metal failed her... or wasn't replaced... she would be less in battle.
SolsticeEquinox
SolsticeEquinox
Goddess of Ice
Goddess of Ice

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:21 pm

On the inside, Viktor was grinning. She agreed to let him work on her, he made great progress with that first step of gaining trust. On the outside, his cold expression remained. He was a true metal dragon and couldn't really express emotions.
Excellent choice, Ms. Solstice, you will not regret it. About retractable claws, I can arrange that since I try not to remove too many muscles so that you still will be able to retract the metal claws. And they won't hurt your flesh since I can smooth up the edges leading to your body. However, in order to do that, we have to travel to my forge where I have everything set up for those like you, who would accept my offer.
With these words spoken, he turned around and started walking to his place. If she truly wanted him to work, she had to follow him.
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by SolsticeEquinox Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Solstice raised an eyeridge and nodded. "Alright, Viktor. And you have to remove my muscles?!" She asked and hesitated upon her decision. Removing muscles, going to some random dragon's den? She summoned all of her will to raise her paws and step through the thick snow, shaking her head. Okay. If he isn't trustworthy, injure him and run off. You know how to fight. She thought and quickened her pace. "Are you really sure?" She asked and whimpered quietly. Solstice looked around at the sjow. Snow blending with hers. Snow falling gently and beautifully around her. She sighed peacefully. It was so... relaxing. It was home. But as the two crossed over the IceWing territory and the natural snow died away, she began to panic and her breath quickened. First of all, she was alone with a dragon about four times her size. A pure metal dragon. But then she recalled something: Viktor had said ice had slowed him down if it caught in his metal scales. That reassured her slightly. Not that she wanted to injure him. Well, she would want to if he attacked her. But that's it.

(Low muse)
SolsticeEquinox
SolsticeEquinox
Goddess of Ice
Goddess of Ice

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:47 pm

He turned around while walking towards his den. Viktor was used to the endless question some would ask him and he clearly saw the dragoness tensing up a bit Surely, she wasn't really comfortable as they left the Icewing territory but he was certain that he had at least enough trust for her to follow him.
Well, you see. Normal muscles do not really respond to metal parts of the body. For that purpose, I have to remove a small part of them to link the metal claws with the muscles by using metal wires which I will connect with your muscles. It's nothing complicated and done in no time.
He was of course talking about it without anything that would hold him back. It was his topic and he had to show some professionalism to ensure that his customer wouldn't doubt his expertise on this.
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by SolsticeEquinox Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Solstice sighed as Viktor's den came into view. She sighed a lot during this encounter. "Okay, Viktor. I agree to this. However, try anything I don't like and I.. well, I don't want to start anything, but I promise it will be violent. Got it? Good." She said. She tended to get into a rather... protective.. mood when panicked. The icy dragoness observed the way he walked. It was rather smooth, despite the fact he was completely covered in metal. She did however, observe that he was unable to move his face. That was both a drawback and a gift. Of course, she wouldn't have to suffer through that. Dhe would just have awesome new claws that can tear through scales with ease. Sweet. Solstice was prone to gathering information. Saving it for later to relate to other's experiences, to act quickly. She was quick and sharp, just like the element she represented: ice. Ice was an extremely powerful element. But then again, so were the other tribes' elements. Solstice glanced around and narrowed her blue eyes. She was in search of other dragons. A slight bit of movement. Something that is ever so tiny, yet so ridiculously powerful. An object. A dragon. An animal. Anything hidden or suspicious. Spotting nothing, the dragonss straightened her posture. Solstice had always had an extremely straight posture, but she felt that having your chest out and your shoulderblades pulled back was ladylike and showed confidence as well. She had always displayed many things such as this. Laughing during terrifying battles. Fighting until she could fight no longer. And even then, she still fought. It was such a bad trait to have. Dangerous. Yet... helpful. One would even describe it as brave. Strongwilled. Solstice was not a dragoness of no fear... all dragons had to have a fear of some sort. Then, suddenly, something occured to Solstice. Fire. A word that beought back memories. Terrible memories. It was enough to make her cringe and hide like a hatchling. A full grown dragoness. "Viktor! I am sorry to pester you.. but.. I have another question. One of many I will ask. Will there be-" she paused to gulp and inhale. "-fire.. fire involved in this?" After she finished her thought, she exhaled. Her shoulders were now shaking with fear. She was beginning to tear up. She wanted to cry out and disappear to her comfortable den, where her family was. As a hatchling, Solstice's father had figured out fire magic and terrorized her and her family. Now, she had no idea where he was. Dare she think of the name? Drakhaa, one of the most terror inducing memories of Solstice's. And she had been through some extremely dramatic things in her fifty-eight years of being on Pyyria.
SolsticeEquinox
SolsticeEquinox
Goddess of Ice
Goddess of Ice

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:49 am

Viktor could almost feel her fear due to his heightened senses. She obviously had witnesses a tragedy with someone using fire, nothing else would make sense at this moment. If he really wanted her to feel comfortable, which was necessary for him to work on her since she had to calm down and not twitch at any moment.
As they both stood in front of his den, he could already sense the well-known smell of iron and steel, he turned around and looked Solstice straight into the eyes.
I want you to know, Ms. Solstice, that I will ensure that no harm will come to you. Nothing is more important for me than to know that my clients trust me in my decisions. It is essential and I am saying this now. I, Viktor, will ensure your safety.
At this, he aimed his tail in the air to reveal the laser he would have to use. It was merely wider than the tip of the tail and did not reach very far.
Besides the metal, this is all I'll use for your improvements. I never hurt myself with it before and I promise you, I won't hurt you either. If I do, I'll meekly await your punishment for hurting a goddess.
With these words, he made his way into the den.
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by SolsticeEquinox Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:51 pm

Solstice listened carefully. He had made himself completely metal and hadn't hurt himself, so why would he hurt her? Especially because she had well... threatened him. Kind of. As he walked away, the dragoness quickly appeared there and looked around. It smelled strongly of metals and earth. It was quite different from the bitter, sharp scent of the IceWings she had come accustomed to. Solstice settled down somewhere on the floor and began to preen herself while Viktor got out whatever he needed to go through with this surgery.

She was glad that she carried snow with her everywhere she went. She would produce a room freezing crystal with her magic, but it would be unwise. The metal dragon before her would most likely become stiff and unable to move swiftly if kept in a cold room. "So, Viktor, why did you decide to make yourself metal?" She asked. It was casual banter. She still spoke in her usual clear and powerful voice, yet something about her tone now sent of a signal saying 'I'm relaxed, now fix my claws!' She finished preening her feathers and picked up the ones that she had dropped in a neat pile on the floor. "What should I do with these?"

Solstice stood in front of Viktor. She was an average dragoness, thirty-two feet tall. The unusual thing was, she had feathers. Feathers on her chest, wings, and tailtip. And it was snowing. Inaide a completely inclosed area. Somehow. Oh yeah, Solstice was the goddess of ice! It was practically impossible for her to turn off the snow. It kind of just... happened.  She had to preen her feathers multiple times a day.
SolsticeEquinox
SolsticeEquinox
Goddess of Ice
Goddess of Ice

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Viktor turned around in the room, glancing at her claws, making measurements in his mind before starting the forge to make and form the steel he himself was made of before returning to the room.
Well, Solstice, it is simple. I grew up in a family of vulcans and realized, after seeing my father's work in real use, that weapons of steel are stronger than the natural body. But instead of crafting armor, I decided to improve my own body. So that I would never have the need to wear any kind of armor. As time passed on, I realized the many positive aspects of the metal parts of my body, so I kept on improving myself, I kept on replacing piece after piece of my own very body with metal parts. Now look at me, I am almost at the peak of my perfection. Almost everything of my body is now augmented. And I feel better than I ever did before.
Turning to her, he could see her finishing with her preening. He was curious about how a dragon could have feathers or how what attributes those feathers have. He moved a little chest with his tail over to her while turning around to a part of the main room Solstice couldn't see.
If you may, could you put your feathers in this little chest?
After he put the chest down to the ground, some noises could be heard from the room Viktor entered. It sounded like heavy clicking and steel rattling.
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by SolsticeEquinox Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Solstice stared at him. It is not everyday that someone gets asked to stuff their feathers in a box. To be truthful, Solstice has never been asked that. What could Viktor possibly want with her feathers? They were old and terrible. No longer useful in silence and flight. "What would you want my feathers?" She called. She then heard something extremely odd. Metal clacking, clicks. What was it? Solstice sat there, puzzled. Her blue-grey feathers were still clutched neatly in her maw. She looked at her wings. She had been studied before. She had been captured before. But a creepy metal vulcan that asked her to shove her feathers in a box with no given reason, well, that was definately a first. Could he use them in his work? Would he try to find some sort of magical energy within the feathers? Solstice thought this over and stood up carefully. She was extremely curious. As Solstice often was.
SolsticeEquinox
SolsticeEquinox
Goddess of Ice
Goddess of Ice

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktor Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:48 pm

All that could be heard from the room was a dragon shouting Damnit! before Viktor returned to the room...but one of his arms were missing and he had another arm in his claws, but one with slightly sharper talons like the ones on his left.
Don't worry, this happens sometimes. I still have to fix this if I want to do this on a regular basis...and about your feathers, I simply want to analyze them. I haven't seen a dragon with feathers like these before.
Sitting on the ground, trying to adjust his right arm to his body before snapping it into place, he turned around to Solstice.
Well...now that we are waiting for the forge to finish, I think you can still ask questions if you have some.
Viktor
Viktor
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down