Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Today at 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
Discord
Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Vote_lcapSuggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Voting_barSuggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Vote_rcap 

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters.

+5
Celestia
Sleenia
Phantom
Shiningwater
Volcanis
9 posters

Go down

Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Empty Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters.

Post by Volcanis Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:05 am

I see having two characters isn't enough. Razz I'd like to have a third character.

My suggestion is to let users to create as many account as they want. The reason? Human fantasy is infinite and we have not one, but hundreds of characters in mind. Users like to create new characters because they would get bored roleplaying the same two dragons. People always want to test new characters and do new experiences.

I don't really see the point to have maximum two characters. There's no risk to have confusion if a user has multiple characters. It helps instead to have more dragons in the tribes and make them more active then before. New plots would be written.

However a rule MUST be followed:

1. Write in your signature what are your other accounts. So the admins can control the whole thing. Also, it's recommended to switch accounts when you're going to post with another character.

What is your opinion? Only one of the character can have a high ranked application.
Volcanis
Volcanis
FireWing King
FireWing King

Male Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Empty Re: Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters.

Post by Shiningwater Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 am

I like the idea, personally, as it would make room for plenty of new RP's as well as expand the tribes a bit more. Because I see little to no Earthwings, and-as being discussed-the Icewings are also on the decline. So-if the active members could make more accounts and characters-it would open the door to keeping these tribes alive.
And I do like the rule as well.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters. Empty Re: Suggestion: remove the limit of maximum characters.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:10 am

I agree with Shine. This idea would be cool! I would totally make an EarthWing for Cosmos's tribe (He's lonely Sad) And maybe one for SkyWings and blah blah blah. It would give everyone an opportunity to join all of the tribes and experience tribe life while keeping the tribes alive! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:32 am

It's a great idea, but on one condition. You MUST get on all of your accounts. If one of your accounts is inactive, it WILL be removed. Understood?

I have to talk to Astral and Kazumi about this, though, and see if they agree.

I'd never make anymore accounts because I'd never remember them all Razz

And also, a reason why we don't allow username changing that members can alternate themselves, because it'd make everything confusing and we would never remember who's who Razz
Phantom
Phantom
Dragon Goddess of Magic

Female Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 am

I think it's agreat opportunity, I would like to create more charachters too, of course if one abandone it it will be forgotten
but this happens also with just one account
and Phanto, this sounds like a menace ^^'
One can role a charather more for a period and another in another moment because maybe it feel more comfortable to use one instead the other in this moment, as one can role both at the same time too
I have seen a lot of people being inactive and I don't think they had their account deleted
For example I'm active for now but for health reasons, and same for who works or study or don't feel like posting for a while, it could seems like i have abandoned my accounts, when maybe it's not like this. Another example is the impossibility to role an account because maybe also the others are not posting at the moment.
it would be an exageration to suddenly erase them without a good reason, it would be like a ban somehow, don't you think?

and , of course one should write in the signature the dragons or others character owned ^^
I think it's also important to post with the right account, the right dragon, so there will not be confusion, one can simply write a note for itself with the name of he dragon and the password to keep all in mind! Smile
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Female Posts : 499
Location : A very quiet and peacefull place touched by the sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanis Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:55 am

Phantom wrote:It's a great idea, but on one condition. You MUST get on all of your accounts. If one of your accounts is inactive, it WILL be removed. Understood?

I have to talk to Astral and Kazumi about this, though, and see if they agree.

I'd never make anymore accounts because I'd never remember them all Razz

And also, a reason why we don't allow username changing that members can alternate themselves, because it'd make everything confusing and we would never remember who's who Razz

I don't see the point to delete inactive accounts Razz For example I would get bored to use Volcanis,, and not use him for months. However one day I would like to use Volcanis again.

Volcanis
Volcanis
FireWing King
FireWing King

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:57 am

Yea I'm for this idea. We could also make a dragon point purchase thing where if you lose a character from inactivity you can buy them back.
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 am

One should not live with the fear to see its charachter "deleted"
and I don't think it's fair to force users to buy it back, they should just be able to role it again (if it has been removed)
because if one have to "buy" it its discouraged too and this is a loss
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanis Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:16 am

Astral wrote:Yea I'm for this idea. We could also make a dragon point purchase thing where if you lose a character from inactivity you can buy them back.

I don't agree about this. As I have said before, someone would get bored to use a determined character and abandon him for a while. Why should it pay to have the character back?

Dragon points should be only used to purchase accessory bonuses - as a reward from posting a lot in the forums -
Volcanis
Volcanis
FireWing King
FireWing King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:20 am

not just because one can be bored but also for others reasons
and yes if one is more active with a charachter instead of the other it doesn't mean the charachter is abandoned, and the user can alway pick it up again
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:17 am

Why dragon points? This is cool btw

DUN PUT A PRICE ON MY CREATIVITY
Melody
Melody

Back to top Go down

Post by Korramyr Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:59 am

I'm not opposed to it, but for whatever reason, the system refuses to let me create a second character under the same E-mail address as I use for Korramyr, which is basically my main address I use for everything.
I think it would be better to just say, "Put more characters on one account."
Korramyr
Korramyr
SeaWing Tracker
SeaWing Tracker

Male Libra Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Korramyr, you do realize you can make a character without a real email, right? Razz At least I'm pretty sure. Kaz doesn't have an email. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazumi Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:26 pm

I APPROVE!!! Very Happy

Yeah, I don't have an email. Just make up one. And uncheck the.options for notifications to that email so the actual owner isn't like, o.0?
Kazumi
Kazumi

Female Sagittarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Asra Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Korramyr wrote:I'm not opposed to it, but for whatever reason, the system refuses to let me create a second character under the same E-mail address as I use for Korramyr, which is basically my main address I use for everything.
I think it would be better to just say, "Put more characters on one account."

I think each dragon is different, and so the rank or the role (moderator etc) so it's quite necessary to just create more accounts (like some of you already did) and make a new email address is not too much stressing to do (i'm using another one for this new charachter, and I did same before for others websites or games)
also, it would be a problem for the dragon points, if one want to buy a custom rank for a dragon, it would be impossible to it with just an account, and every charachter deserve to gain the right amount of points related to the posts I guess
Also it would be caotic to use a unique account because one will need to specific every single time which charachter is using, and also the avatar or the signature are good to let people know better the appareance of the dragon
just my thoughts

EDIT: oh! *facepaw* I forgot to say that I'm Sleenia ^^''
Asra
Asra
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Female Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:50 pm

I agree with all this, but it's much easier to have alll dragons on one account. This is just my opinion, as I often post as Moon and Shine on the same account, but there's also times where you RP as both dragons on the same thread, so it'd get really annoying really fast to have to constantly switch. It did for me.
As for making it confusing, it's not to hard to specify and say the dragon's name, as well as use different text color for each dragon. I would much prefer being able to use the same account for multiple dragons. I know I was confused when Phantom said I had to make a separate account for Moon, and it would be much more convenient on the same account. It wouldn't be too hard for members who already have 2 accounts to change that pattern as well.
Just my thoughts, ignore me if you want.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:15 pm

I think that at this point it can be a decision from the user? to be able to choose if it's better for him/she to use one account or create different accounts for each charachter
I have already explained my reasons, anyway to me it's really confusing and hard to understand very well while i'm reading if one is using a charachter with the account of another one, even if you use differents colors it's quite hard
if one do not have, for example, a draw as a point of reference it's more difficult to recognize it and use very well the imagination to relate with it and know how to react,same if you write the dragon's name... one do not always remember rhe appareance and powers,
and what if one do not know it? it would be hard to go and look every time at the reference's topic searching for it
but as I said, maybe it can be a free choice ^^ so everyone can decide what to do to feel comfortable
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down