Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Half-Breed "Rule" Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Half-Breed "Rule" Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:44 am

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Half-Breed "Rule"

4 posters

Go down

Half-Breed "Rule" Empty Half-Breed "Rule"

Post by Asailia Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

So, this is something concerning the Half-Breed "Rule", as you seem to be calling it. To start with, calling it a rule is questionable. There are no posts or information on it in the Site Rules section. Nothing at all. How do you expect your site members to understand or know about a rule that, as far as it seems, only staff knows much about extensively? I'll answer it: They can't.

Not only that, but words can be twisted. It's like banning the color green. Who are you to define whether a blue-green is a blue, or green? Lines get blurry, no matter what you do. There's no way to truly define a "half-breed". They're all dragons! Technically, the only half-breed would be something between SPECIES. That's the true definition of a half-breed.

Now, as to the rule itself. It's honestly horrible that there are no definable explanations or parameters set around this rule, yet you enforce it. It's unfair, and completely and entirely able to be abused at any time by staff, whether intentionally or non.

When we come to it's actual application, it's being looked at all wrong. Take a SeaWing and a FireWing, for example. Fire and Water DO NOT mix. Thus, it would make perfect sense that a hybrid of a SW and FW would half less potent fire than a purebred FW. That's logic. This entire rule seems like something to mitigate elemental abuse, which is understandable, considering there are many young people here who are still learning, and therefore don't know the line between overpowered and not yet. At the same time, however, there are some things that don't apply, and this is where the rule is broken.

This is a fantasy site, even if it's focused on dragons. There are people who want what you will call 'half-breeds' but with a species other than a dragon. And because it's here, I'm using Alley's app as a prime example. (She knows, for those who worry whether she would be uncomfortable with this or not.) Here is the app, for those of you who have not seen it. To summarize, Alley is a FW and Phoenix hybrid. This makes it an already difficult app, as, logically, she would be smaller than a normal FW, as they can be quite big, simply because one of her parents was a being that is probably about the size of a bald eagle.

But, then we get to the subject of the heat of her fire. How hot may it be? Your 'rule' of inherently weak half-bloods forces her fire to be extremely low temperature, despite the fact that both of her parents were beings of fire heritage, and therefore both had fire that was extremely hot. Why is this? Because I tried this logic on my 7 year old sister and even SHE didn't get how this made sense. High Temp. Fire + more High Temp. Fire DOES NOT equal low temperature fire in any sense. It just makes a bigger fire.

It's situations and characters like these where your rule makes it highly unfair to the person making the character. Therefore, this rule heavily needs not only parameters and explaining so people can KNOW about it through something other than word of mouth, but exceptions and logic, as all good rules have, so that it doesn't get broken and jacked up quite so easily. There are plenty of other ways to make a hybrid weaker than attacking it's main element in a way that makes no sense. To poke on Alley on more time, she's half bird. She already has a MAJOR weakness to water. One droplet bruises her. In any proper roleplay site, wherein combat was something taken into mind, and proper bodily functions, this warrants enough for her fire to be 2.3k, just like any other pure FW within the tribe.

Honestly, when it gets down to it, this whole purebred thing is just reminding me a lot of the good most of the purebreds in Harry Potter. And you know what they did?

Genocide on the 'impure.'

Thank you for reading.

~Asai
Asailia
Asailia
Seawing Citizen
Seawing Citizen

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Half-Breed "Rule" Empty Re: Half-Breed "Rule"

Post by Arkhor Sun May 22, 2016 3:59 pm

I will be looking into it.. So expect a guide popping up.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun May 22, 2016 8:31 pm

There's been more than a few occasions where the fire temperature issue has come up, and I whole heartedly agree with someone please putting a temperature guide at least for what dragons and their half blood tribe species (whatever you wanna call it I'll give an example later) can have for their flames.

As some of us know, flame color does not always show us what temperature that flame is. No problem there so far for people who have put different colors for their flames.

However the rocks, minerals and materials that your flame can melt or burn through is definitely an indicator of what temperatures your flames are. There are numerous dragons and apps that have been on this site through the years who have melted iron or some other earthen material with their flames who were not 100% firewing. The problem being that the material melted in question turns out to have some kind of melting point at a crazy high temperature that the admins and mods say is only attainable if you are a full firewing. This is where the guide for temperature of flames would need to be, because half breeds of firewing lineage should not be able to (in the eyes of some of the superiors around here) melt iron or steel for that matter with their own flames.

I do definitely agree with all hybrid tribe species of dragons having their powers nuked because of the mixed blood though, just to make that clear.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Mon May 23, 2016 12:43 am

It just so happens this is written in both new members guides which are both in the site rules still for some reason..... in Hyruu's the newer new members guide we have

Hybrids are allowed, so you could have a dragon with Earthwing and Firewings heritage to have powers related to both earth and fire. Keep in mind though that in this case you won't be able to keep all strength of both heritages - for example, you'd have to chose only one of the available breathes.

and the older new members guide by myself which says

There are half bloods on the site but its important to note that you may only chose the abilities of one of the tribes. That or you can split it up and weaken those abilities. For example a half SkyWing and half FireWing could have the ability to generate and fire electricity as well as breath fire, but they have no resistance to fire or electricity.

I feel like my older one does a better job of describing the kind of flexible you have and the kind of sacrifices you would have to make to have that hybrid power you want. A half FireWing and half SeaWing can still have full power FireWing fire but if they have resistance to it too than they may only get racial advantages from the FireWings. If they say had half FireWing fire they could also have half SeaWing water spraying as well if they so chose. Nowhere does it say that a half FireWing may only have half fire power. The only place something like this is described is for reptilians and that's for reptilians, nothing to do with hybrid dragons.

Not only is this not a word of mouth by staff only rule but it also isn't as restrictive and rigid as you think.
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down