Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

PowerPlaying/GodPlaying Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

PowerPlaying/GodPlaying Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
Discord
PowerPlaying/GodPlaying Vote_lcapPowerPlaying/GodPlaying Voting_barPowerPlaying/GodPlaying Vote_rcap 

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

PowerPlaying/GodPlaying

+2
Arkhor
NightStrike
6 posters

Go down

PowerPlaying/GodPlaying Empty PowerPlaying/GodPlaying

Post by NightStrike Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:26 am

I keep on controlling other people's characters. I can't help it because, as I write stories a lot, I can play God; control everything. So you can see why I PowerPlay. Any tips on how to stop?
NightStrike
NightStrike
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Female Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

PowerPlaying/GodPlaying Empty Re: PowerPlaying/GodPlaying

Post by Arkhor Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:51 am

Basicly try and leave your actions open, so for example focus on your own character, while mentioning other characters movements. Read closely to what fellow RPers have wrote try to act towards them, it doesn't you can't interact with another character. For example

'Arkhor watched Ocean's reaction, frowning slightly he coiled his tail around her own'

But like I said just write YOUR movements, let the other RPer add onto it.

Hope thats what you meant, anything else feel free to ask.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by AuSurath Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:08 am

Instead of saying you hit someone, say your lunged forward, swinging you paw to hit their jaw. This way they decide if your blow lands, and let's them choose their reaction. :3
AuSurath
AuSurath
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Male Posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by Adra Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:25 am

Note that, at times, people can also power play unknowingly; try not to get angry about it, but pointedly make your moves very, very open. Never touch them, let them decide whether the blow landed. If they're powerplaying really badly, point it out to them, but don't be harsh about it. Provide proof that they are as well. If people do that to you, it means you're powerplaying. If you have to do that to somebody else, be very gentle about it, because some people can be easily offended if told that they're powerplaying. I was on a site once where this was a huge problem, and it was very frustrating when people refused to cooperate. I hope this helped Smile
Adra
Adra
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Female Posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:58 am

Just try practicing, start off with little roleplays and if you mess up we'll tell ya.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:09 pm

As an expert on the subject I got quite a bit to share. In combat rp just as in any other rp god modding as I like to call it isn't allowed. Like the others have said leave any attacks you make open. Always include an if statement in it and let them know your not dictating what happens to them but that this is what you character is trying to do. Now in combat rp leaving it at just that is going to spell your defeat against anyone as good as I am ^.^ because never count your chicks before they hatch. I often do things like I'm doing this but if this person dodges or blocks or moves or whatever I'll do this instead. Its also important to note that in combat rp the current post is considered fact until a new one contradicts it. Meaning most of your 2k word post can be voided from the other person doing something your character didn't expect canceling those actions and resuming from where the new post left off or you could cut their post in half as well with your next post. Combat rp truly is an art form.

Anywho sorry for ranting with this nearly unrelated stuffs, but your question gave me flash backs of my glory days.

This is a story rp site not a combat one so any combat that happens should be discussed beforehand with all the combatants like proper story should be. This is very difficult in open rps where everyone is posting left and right and its all usually rather chaotic. One of the reasons I prefer privet rps.

I'd just like to take this moment to compliment everyone on the site. I'm very impressed with how much all yall's rp skills have grown. It doesn't feel that long ago that I took a break from the site cuz all the one liners where driving me insane. Now days we have multiple paragraphs going on and sometimes posts that span the entire page. I always say quality over quantity but a larger post usually means there was more detail put within equaling better quality. However I have seen 2k word posts of utter nonsense in competitive rp environment so annoying. Those are usually done by peeps getting an easy win from those who don't want to read the whole post. For all you current or future competitive rpers out there read the whole post!!! and more than once as well.

Rant over ^.^
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: