Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Basic Foundation? Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Basic Foundation? Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
Discord
Basic Foundation? Vote_lcapBasic Foundation? Voting_barBasic Foundation? Vote_rcap 

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Basic Foundation?

5 posters

Go down

The Foundation: The Worlds

Basic Foundation? Vote_lcap0%Basic Foundation? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Basic Foundation? Vote_lcap67%Basic Foundation? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Basic Foundation? Vote_lcap33%Basic Foundation? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Basic Foundation? Vote_lcap0%Basic Foundation? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Basic Foundation? Empty Basic Foundation?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Long story short, there has been a lot of talking about a new foundation for the forum. Many suggest a small restart with the basic foundation of the forum. Right now, we are pretty fantasy-based, using magic and tech and stuff that dragons shouldn't be capable of using. Yes, restoration magic and stuff are good and all, but all this crazy mind controlling and summoning jazz? As spiritually advanced as dragons are, I do not think they are capable of doing such high scale stunts. I would think only gods could preform such stunts, since they are gods, and are therefore much higher then regular mortals.

So, above are some options: High Tech, Normal(Aka Fantasy), and Realism. I will explain them down below for those of you who would like an example for these roleplays. Suggestions are widely accepted!

High Tech/Super Tech: Here is a world where dragons are part robot, like cyborgs. This world takes place in the far future, where anything is possible in the world of dragons. This is pretty similar to where we are now, but we are farther back. This would take place much farther along the lines of evolution, and is like the RNU time period. A very dangerous world.

Normal/Fantasy: The world we are in now. This world is capable of many things. Not as technologically advanced as Super Tech world, this world uses magic rather then science, capable of devastating tasks that normally wouldn't be capable. Castles with guards stand tall in their glory. This world is like something straight out of DaD.

Realism: Have you ever watched the trees sway in the wind or see a deer eating some grass? This is how realism is. Instead of magic, dragons use herbs to heal. Rather then big castles, they live in caves and other structures. They only fight for territory, rather then going into all out full scale wars. Hunting, sleeping, living. Does this seem boring? Think again! Prophets will come and tell of omens, where you must solve puzzles and other interesting things! All can be done without tech!

What world will you pick?

Back to top Go down

Basic Foundation? Empty Re: Basic Foundation?

Post by Akreious Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm holding my vote off until further notice

( my thoughts/
SUPER TECH!
R-R-Realism!
normality

ARGH DECISSIONS ! )
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Shao Nevikaar Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:51 pm

I think we should restart to the realism foundation. We have discussed and even argued about this in chat with phantom, she also agree on doing a poll of some sort for this subject. As i told the others, it is better to have no magic that involves combat. Sure we can have restoration and other spells to benifit ourselves and others, using spells that shoot and kill is overrated. Dragons should breath fire or ice, or venom, electricity. Anything. But casting spells or summoning stuff isn't something you see dragons do. Realism to a extant is the best for it makes this site back to what it was suppose to be a DRAGON roleplaying site. Not a world of warcraft or whatever site. People say that it restricts alot, which it doesn't. It doesn't restrict more then magic that's not elemental or natural. Phantom said herself we would be able to use the elements based on our character's tribe and such.

What's cool about realism is that we will use a more natural and elemental/tribal based healing system. You can use a spell, but you can also use your character's natural ability. Earthwings use mud on wounds to heal themselves rapidly, firewings can use lava to become stronger...etc. I Say we should make this site not TOO realistic but enough to give you the feel of being a dragon you know. You can still make your characters how you want, though just lesser magic, since everyone is too OP with all their dark forms and stuff. Give it a chance and this site will be alot cooler.
Shao Nevikaar
Shao Nevikaar

Male Virgo Cat
Location : Eastern Oceans of Pyyria, North East of the Seawing Kingdom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:07 pm

So wait my forms r not cool? D: and when in the sky would SkyWings heal faster then?
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Your forms are allowed Arcke. Science exits, they just don't know it. What the H

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Ohhh okie, SCIENCE!

Hmm so if it won't actually affect my firms and my concept of my dragon.... Which do I choose.. Hmmm...
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkSun Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:13 pm

This topic is quite misleading. Basic Foundation is like to say the forum will restart and the userbase will be forced to rewrite their characters due to a theme change.

I vote to just leave everything the way it is. I like very much the fantasy theme, in a sort of medieval age and with a bit of technology. I'm very happy to see people creating their original dragons with their unique powers and characteristics. They can be overpowered, that's true, but it makes everything fun with the right balance. Characters have also weaknesses for a reason.
DarkSun
DarkSun
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Avian Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm going to be rational and agree with DarkSun, but I have to say, the trend of making powerful characters with a dark side is getting pretty awkward, as normal and mundane powered dragons won't stand a chance and could even die in 1 second, and doesn't even have to be involved in the fight, just has to be around it.

Yet, Character weakness does play a large roll in this, but our Dragon's usually aren't in possession of the knowledge of their weakness initially.

Still, what is top priority on a roleplaying site is user satisfaction so I say let them do what they want, but as long as they don't down-grade us or 'instantly' kill us. We at least deserve a fighting chance.

I say leave it as it is. -Supporting DarkSun
Avian
Avian
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Posts : 976

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:41 pm

I support dark sun as well, my dragon can't kill you guys instantly and his weakness is chemicals, making him weak to earth wings so Arcke is not totally invincible, you said he would be weak to earth wings yourself avian
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkSun Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:55 am

You always find people that will make overpowered characters, no matter which kind of restritions there're.
For example we can roleplay normal and common wolves without powers. However you always find someone that has a wolf with super-agility, though it isn't "realistic".

I personally don't have problems with people that have "strong" characters. A bad roleplayer that likes to act too much powerful can be always regarded afterall.

The powers themselves don't make a character overpowered. It's the roleplayer that chooses how much powerful the powers are. A good roleplayer knows what is balance.
DarkSun
DarkSun
NightWing Healer
NightWing Healer

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 am

The forum grow up and so the ideas, the user felt more free to bring to life their personal charachters as they were, and to me it's fair this way, of course during the roleplay one develop the charachter or its abilities, but this is valid in the fantasy and in the realism too, there can always be someone who abuse and make an overpowered charachter, with magic powers or not.
In my opinion dragons, as many other myths and creatures, have many different possibilities to evolve, and each person have its own imagination
as someone still see the bad big dragon stealing gold, or who see the dragon capable to talk and a creature full of magic power
so to me it's correct that anyone can make an original charachter, and it's obvious that everything must be balanced and there must be respect between the users
I still think that with more possibilities we have the chance to attract more people who will not feel pressured
It does not exist a book with rules for that, imaginationa reality and fantasy can be combined to make wonderfull thing
and if one whant to roleplay a dragon with no power, no magic etc, there can be opened another section for this, so people will feel free to partecipate maybe to both categories
as there was also the war against RNU that it's fantascientific
it all depends by the user itself, naturally a general guide would help, but to me it's incorrect and definitely counterproductive to do this drastic change, since it's also because of this open world that people came here with the hope to enjoy a roleplay with dragons or others creatures.
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Female Posts : 499
Location : A very quiet and peacefull place touched by the sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down